• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fthrow/Dthrow Chaingrab Thread

gallax

Smash Hero
awesome esam. now before i add the sections of cg'ing to each individual character, i think it would be prudent to have what to do at each percents with the grabbing for each character.

for example, if i grab a falco at 0% then next stock at 21% there would be a difference in my cg since in the second instance i would immediately start the dthrow cg.

if we could do this for each char that would be so amazing. i would do it but i dont have the equipment...

EDIT: Ok i just watched the video and it wasnt really helpful other than it shows the cg as is in really slow motion. what i was thinking was to do the cg in real time. after recording it go back and edit the video. what you do is stop the video at the exact moment where you can first tap the grab button then go back to normal speed then freeze it again at the last frame where it is possible to hit it. on the screen of the vid you can write "now you press grab button" then "last frame to buffer grab" that way people can actually see it in real time and know when to press the grab button.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Dude, in my video i showed where the first possible frame of grabbing was. In real time it is impossible to actually show you where you can grab...because its all assumed. You do it when the motion is where i stopped it and said that this is the first frame possible.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
It's way harder to do it with visual than with looking down and practicing...

Also, can you hear me in the video

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Grow a backbone, ESAM, it's all outta love. (At least my giving you **** is, can't speak for anyone else.)

Besides, you bring it on yourself half the time...... how can we not mess with you?

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
It's mostly cuz of how moolish was acting before in the chat. I sound like i do because, especially in this matchup, i KNOW what i'm talking about. I used to play with somebody who was considered the best or 2nd best DDD in the nation. So don't say that i'm giving the pikachu too much credit or not enough credit to the DDD, i know what i'm talking about.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
It's mostly cuz of how moolish was acting before in the chat. I sound like i do because, especially in this matchup, i KNOW what i'm talking about. I used to play with somebody who was considered the best or 2nd best DDD in the nation. So don't say that i'm giving the pikachu too much credit or not enough credit to the DDD, i know what i'm talking about.
ESAM, I'm taking this to PMs, because it really shouldn't be discussed here.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Oh ****, Kaylo is a moderator. Awesome.

Also, i was playing Seibrik today and i couldn't get the CG off at 10% on MK. I would F-throw him, catch him, and D-throw him...but he was jumping out, and i KNOW my timing was right...did we mis-test it?

Pikabunz

Smash Hero
NNID
Pikabunz
3DS FC
1134-8730-8374
MK can still jump out at 10%. I've said this before multiple times and no one listens.

Jmex

Smash Lord
NNID
Jmex25
3DS FC
4613-8799-3599
^ Also idk if i was doing this wrong or not. I was playing against a meta about a week ago and he was able to Nair, i do believe? I dont know what move he was using but he was getting chain grabbed while i was taking damage from his move.

Jmex

Smash Lord
NNID
Jmex25
3DS FC
4613-8799-3599
I see, ill make sure to remember that next time. :) Thanks.

gallax

Smash Hero
the MK should only be able to Di towards and get out. even if he used his SL the grab would still grab. if he is getting a nair out then esams right, you are doing it to slow.

1000pointsforesam

Tiersie

Smash Ace
Sorry but going through 50 pages is a bit much. Are the percentages really the only ones you can do this CG on? EG if the percentage for the falco CG is 20 and I start it at 21, 22 or 19 will that really matter for the outcome?

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Tiersie, we have a lack of motivated testers to actually test every %. It is a lot of hastle to actually do it, and it is very time consuming. We will eventually test everything, but as of now we don't have it. I should test it this week...or after i get my driver's license.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Testing with certain %s (0 [no hits], 6 [grounded T-jolt], 9 [aerial T-jolt])

wario
0-21%: F-throw-D-throw + regrab
0-25%: T-jolt (grounded)-2x D-throw + regrab
0-28%: T-jolt (Aerial)-2x D-throw +regrab

Bowser
10-21%: F-throw-D-throw
(Just F-throw CG him..it goes much higher) Good for adding the extra 10% if you are closer to the ledge.

Pikachu
0-34%: 4x D-throw + regrab
0-33%: Tjolt (grounded) 3x D-throw

Metaknight
0-37 + regrab: 2 T-jolts (aerial)- 2x D-throw

Falco
29-101%: 3 F-throw> 1 grab attack> ? D-throw
41-94%: 4 F-throw> 1 Grab attack> ? D-throw

Wolf: 0-114% F-throw>18x D-throw + regrab.

The Truth!

Smash Ace
In the process of updating so bear with me on front page changes while I figure out some formatting changes and stuff. Ill probably need to add some new sections. ESAM you 100% sure on those? Someone told me they might not be right, but Ill probably put them up anyways. Those jolt ones look pretty interesting.

KuroKitt10

Smash Journeyman
Hey, Truth - I could possibly make up a nice graphical chart displaying the Chain Grabs if that's something you think would be beneficial. Not really sure the best way to format it, but I figured that would be something you would decide upon - I'd be willing to put it all together into a pretty picture.

Just thought I'd throw that out there in case it was something you thought would be good =)

Meow!

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Thanks for updating, Tag.

Hey, Truth - I could possibly make up a nice graphical chart displaying the Chain Grabs if that's something you think would be beneficial. Not really sure the best way to format it, but I figured that would be something you would decide upon - I'd be willing to put it all together into a pretty picture.

Just thought I'd throw that out there in case it was something you thought would be good =)

Meow!
Kitt, the CGs may go under some semi-frequent changes and additions as more testing is done..... if you can keep up with that, that's fine, but it may end up being confusing if the chart says one thing and the post says another.

Just something to keep in mind.

Pikabunz

Smash Hero
NNID
Pikabunz
3DS FC
1134-8730-8374
I'm just going to make little notes about each one.

wario
Wario can footstool after the dthrow.

Can be easily jumped out of after the first dthrow.

Can footstool after any of the dthrows.

Bowser
(Just F-throw CG him..it goes much higher) Good for adding the extra 10% if you are closer to the ledge.
Bowser can footstool after the dthrow.

Pikachu
Pika can footstool at anytime. He can easily do it after the last dthrow.

Metaknight
This works but you should've just wrote "17-37 + regrab: Dthrow x2."

Falco
I'm going to assume you meant these for Snake or DDD cause there are so many things wrong with those cgs.

Wolf can down b after the second dthrow.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Testing with certain %s (0 [no hits], 6 [grounded T-jolt], 9 [aerial T-jolt])

wario

Bowser

Pikachu

Metaknight

Falco
0-101%: 3 F-throw> 1 grab attack> ? D-throw
0-94%: 4 F-throw> 1 Grab attack> ? D-throw

You didn't update these in it tag. It would help to get some real % things like T-jolts (since we will normally hit with one.)

I'm just going to make little notes about each one.

wario
Wario can footstool after the dthrow.

Can be easily jumped out of after the first dthrow.

Can footstool after any of the dthrows.

Bowser
Bowser can footstool after the dthrow.

Pikachu

Metaknight
This works but you should've just wrote "17-37 + regrab: Dthrow x2."

Falco
I'm going to assume you meant these for Snake or DDD cause there are so many things wrong with those cgs.

Wolf can down b after the second dthrow.
U sure about all those? I tested it twice or 3 times each. I never could get them to footstool. Also, the Falco thing is right. I just did it if you want to make sure it is completely refreshed so i did more F-throws. They are supposed to be on falco. It works.

Pikabunz

Smash Hero
NNID
Pikabunz
3DS FC
1134-8730-8374
I'm 100% sure. And about the Falco cgs... What's with the weird startings percents? And why so many fthrows? It becomes escapable after like the 3rd fthrow with just simple di. You can just start dthrowing at those starting percents and Falco won't be able to escape. The fthrows and pummel are completely unnecessary.

This blue text goes soooo well with my avy doesn't it? :)

The Truth!

Smash Ace
Im still not done updating stuff Im working on it in word and waiting verdict on the ESAM stuff.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Prime, i meant those to be at 0%. The actual D-throws start at 29%...whoops.

Also, i tested those correct...so why do we have such different results?

Pikabunz

Smash Hero
NNID
Pikabunz
3DS FC
1134-8730-8374
I think it's enough just to have the "fthrow x2 > dthrow xMillion" cg on there. We don't need to list every possible combination.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
well just in case it isn't diminished all the way dude. I think it is good for it to be like that

Pikabunz

Smash Hero
NNID
Pikabunz
3DS FC
1134-8730-8374
Dthrow should never be that diminished on a fresh stock. It can happen, but it shouldn't. I don't want to clutter the list with situational cgs. Also, I know I'm right about the cgs you listed. Our results are different because you're doing something wrong.

The only things that should be listed are these:

Wario
(7-9) - (26-28)
Dthrow x 2 + regrab
Can escape with footstool

0 - 19
Fthrow x 2 + regrab

Pikachu
0 - 27
Dthrow x 3 + regrab
Can escape with footstool

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
FIne, i guess i was wrong. However, lets say you grab a falco on halberd and CG him to death. Now you have a 7 diminished D-throw. Now you can F-throw 4 times so it is only 3 times diminished and then you might be able to do another one.

Pikabunz

Smash Hero
NNID
Pikabunz
3DS FC
1134-8730-8374
I've already sent a big list for fthrow cgs that still needs to be added. We don't need more of them.

Top Bottom