• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Frostbite 2019 Thread

What Ganon's Up To

Smash Cadet
Its actullat looking to be an interesting and fairly diverse top 48. Well with princess, godesses and electric rats really in big numbers.

Quite a lot of upsets as well. Notabally Zackray, Dabuz and Samsora and Wadi in losers..and other playera like ESAM, Salem and Ally not making it to top 48.

Who was Salem eliminated by anyway?
SDX

Nocally

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3840-6058-2117
Former Pikachu mains in smash 4, who converted to Pichu, are doing really well too.

Frihetsanka

Smash Champion
Assuming I counted correctly, top 48 has 29 different characters (30 if you count Peach/Daisy separately). Winners side, out of 16 players, 14 unique characters, 15 if you count Peach/Daisy separately. That's pretty good, in my opinion, and top 8 is fairly likely to be fairly varied too.

NotLiquid

Smash Lord
USA is getting their comeuppance slowly but surely after yesterday's crew battle. Gackt and Zackray both gone.

Minordeth

Smash Ace
Not surprised by ZD > Zackray. ZD plays Wolf in tournament fairly frequently, and I’m sure has at least studied the Wario MU, given the character’s prevalence in the meta.

Zackray should have stayed Wolf, though, honestly. ZD doesn’t play the aggressive conditioning game that Light does, and he tends to reset and disengage a bit more. It makes the Fox/Wolf MU tough, but I don’t think Zackray’s Wario was quite up to the level of his Wolf to mitigate that difficulty gradient.

Nu~

Smash Dreamer
U.S., Maryland (Eastern Time, UTC - 5hrs)
NNID
EquinoXYZ
I looked at some Ultimate tournaments and they never seemed to face each other (though maybe they've grinded friendlies? I don't know about that).
They grind friendlies on stream all the time. It's why Dabuz thinks Pac-Man is good

Pacman is likely the most game-transition buffed character in smash history (perhaps Bowser could make arguments, but it's still been across 3 games).

He is a completely different beast to Smash4 thanks to the engine too. Projectiles don't deal reduced shield stun anymore (?I think?). Our options to deal with projectiles are worse.

But we'll see how Tea goes. Swords exist (maybe Fox/Wolf too). Other people from Japan with good match up experience exist too.
And I couldn't be happier :yeahboi:

One of these days I'll post my thoughts on Pac-Man's transition from smash 4 to ultimate in the CCI thread. This character is an endless rabbit hole of options and I'm having a LOT of fun playing with all his toys

Last edited:

Gearkeeper-8a

Smash Apprentice
america has more top tier player material than japan, would be embarrasing if america isn't winning this tournament.

KakuCP9

What does it mean to be strong?
Geezus, Dabuz straight up murdered Tachyon. Every time he got hit with a purple, the man just died.

Also, who thought it was good idea for Fox's U-smash to reach PS2 platforms?

And another thing, Falcon up-b out of sheid is REAL. Gives him a sick OOS option he lacked in Smash 4 (though its high risk/high reward).

Last edited:

ATH_

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0963-0267-2548
Switch FC
6592-1642-9705
Marss :ultzss: 3 - 2 Abadango :ultinkling::ultmetaknight:. Abadango is out ;w; R I P

Last edited:

Gearkeeper-8a

Smash Apprentice
Olimar might be Pichu's worst matchup.

Seems he things the matchup is a bit strange:
that is the usual john for this game, he could know the mu, but he never used that knowledge when figthing tea, you can see this when he switched back and fort against him.

Last edited:

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Don't know if I would count his Wolf for that set, that's where the 1 came from.

Ryuga 3-0'd Captain L, into Losers Round 4, will face the winner of Goblin vs Umeki

J0eyboi

Smash Ace
Just in case people were still doubting that solo maining is viable, Frostbite's top 16 currently contains a solo :ultpacman:, a solo :ultpokemontrainerf:, a solo :ultpeach:, a solo :ultsnake:, a solo :ultchrom:, a solo :ultpichu:, a solo :ultroy:, a solo :ultike:, a solo :ultinkling:, a solo :ultfox:, two solo :ultolimar:, and a solo :ultgreninja:.

"solo" no longer looks like a real word to me but that's ok

Last edited:

The_Bookworm

Smash Master
Shuton:ultolimar: 3-0 Ryuga:ultike:

Ryuga is out on 9th place, and we now have two Olimar players on top 8.

The_Bookworm

Smash Master
Light:ultfox: 3-1 Wishes:ultpokemontrainerf: to eliminate him at 9th place.

Still a very impressive placement for the Trainer, as well as Ned getting 17th.

Top Bottom