• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

From One Bird to Another

DEHF

Smash Champion
NNID
larrlurr
If you power shield MK's tornado you can drop shield and u tilt while being shield pressured in tornado. You can only do this near the end of tornado.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
I figured you could just use utilt to straight-up beat tornado anyway.

Thanks though.

DEHF

Smash Champion
NNID
larrlurr
I'm able to u smash out of shield with falco while being pressured with tornado which is a few frames slower than Dedede's utilt should work.

Commander_Beef

Smash Champion
If you power shield MK's tornado you can drop shield and u tilt while being shield pressured in tornado. You can only do this near the end of tornado.
If this is near the end of Tornado.... then that means that there's no point in up tilting, and better to shield the whole thing then back throw punish.
There's one solid use for this though. Up tilt him for KILLING. <------Yes! Killing Meta Knight is getting slightly easier now.
And also Gates.... there's one use outside of what you said about using up tilt before anyway.
If you believe that tornado is TOO close to you for you to up tilt in out of it, that's when you shield on reaction, and then wait for up tilt to get close to ending. That's the key here to what DEHF explained.

Larry.... Thanks for your consideration in helping out King Dedede with this matchup. That one tip you gave me at Geeks 05 was good too bro.

Vayseth

Smash Master
Wait. So you're saying power shield the first hit then shield the rest of it, then let go and up tilt? Or power shield and immediately release and up tilt?

DEHF

Smash Champion
NNID
larrlurr
You might be able to do a bair out of shield, meaning you won't have to power shield tornado

HyperGumba

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Taro_Kuroyoko
3DS FC
4227-1462-6701
Oh,sweet.

Might try this against a friend who's main is Metaknight...

And thanks =3

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
While I'm slightly inclined to believe you on this, I doubt the viability of this manuever mainly because if we have to do it at the end of nado, we might as well do a move OoS.

No smart MK would approach you with nado without expecting to get utilted out of it in the first place anyways.

T3h Albino

Smash Master
Also most smart mk's realize when tornado wont shield poke, and move off you.
However this is still interesting, because not every MK will do that everytime. I'd like videos and frame data, someone hop on it please <33?

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
Vicious if they only use nado in those situations, they are playing you wrong, therefore you should win o_O

Top Bottom