• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

From [insert Smash game here] to Ultimate: How are you guys adjusting to the new game?

OnyanRings

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4662-0014-5533
I come from smash 4 as well and the transtion's been smooth so far !
I think i've gotten worse with Ness though, not sure if that's related...

BEASTMASTERTOAD

Smash Cadet
NNID
BEASTMASTERTOAD
From 4. The biggest change I had to adjust to was the SH input. From there, it was learning how to air dodge, relearning my OoS play, and adjusting to changes to my mains and trying new characters.

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
Came from Project M and have been playing since it Ultimate launched. I find it's the type of game I can enjoy playing with friends, but it's very hard to really get into it seriously because of delay, lack of options in the neutral, and the very weak punish game.

Wigglerman

Smash Ace
Came from Smash 4 mostly (Dabbled in PM and Melee but I suck too much to play those at a high level). Game feels leagues better than Smash 4 and I'm enjoying the variety. 4 felt super stale a few years before Ultimate dropped (And Bayo and Cloud everywhere in my local meta just grew so tiring to play against). The game feels great, characters fun to play and got me interested in trying to compete again. It isn't flawless but what game actually is? Fairly regular patches to fix problems here and there and been enjoying it more and more.

With a few more tweaks I think the game will be 'perfect' as it can get and I look forward to any and all DLC the game might provide to keep things spicy for as long as possible.

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
the building from smash mouth's astro lounge
Well, we came from Brawl (sorry)
The weird thing is how slow Brawl seemed at times, but how Ike (at least for us) seems awful now. He just seems slow.
It's weird, because we have played every Smash game (except Melee, sorry again) but Brawl was the one we played most (seems as we could only play Sm4sh at a friend's house, but we still beasted him with Mega Man) and, for instance, Captain Falcon has just got better and better. After all, Smash 64 felt kinda janky (although it was the first time we'd ever played a Smash game and it was on an emulator, tbh.) Brawl's felt okay, just a bit off. Sm4sh's was... fairly okay. 3DS variant was awful though (Probably because the 'joystick' is weird) and Ultimate's feels... crisp, clean. Like you'd dream of Captain Falcon playing. Yeah, we also main the Captain.

Top Bottom