• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Friends being fought for!" Ike General Discussion

Naf2pro

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Brover1
So who is the best Ike (opinion-wise) offline? Not trying to start debates, just curious so I can watch vids of him/her to learn a thing or two

Last edited:

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
So who is the best Ike (opinion-wise) offline? Not trying to start debates, just curious so canI watch vids of him/her to learn a thing or two
Can't go wrong with any of these names: Ryo, Ryuga, Blitz, San, Waldo, SM, Critter. I'm not sure if there are any prominent Ikes outside of NA.

xBlitz

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AresxBlitz
3DS FC
3583-0912-0374
Get On My Level 2015 is at the end of May, hopefully some of the Canadian Ike's can get some strim time, although there's only about two of us >.>

Stream should be at twitch.tv/evenmatchupgaming on May 31st. Coming out of a two month hiatus, hopefully I can get a chance to play certain matchups and get them analyzed on the boards.

also slowly learning how to fight Luigi; it's a hard MU but once you learn how to safely fight fireballs, it becomes a reading game. (close fireballs are unsafe on shield, should be able to take hit and jab, or if possible, d tilt. ranged fireballs, best bet is retreating nair to stop him from approaching if he does so, otherwise don't get stuck in shield or hit). I'll try to be more active, trying to get back into the game

critter17

Smash Cadet
NNID
critter17
3DS FC
3780-9491-8023
Well Denti's Bizarre Adventure 4 is tomorrow. It will have RR Pools and then bracket. Larry Lurr will be there and of course many of the popular names in Texas too. Wish me luck guys, this tournament is gonna be a doozy.

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
Well Denti's Bizarre Adventure 4 is tomorrow. It will have RR Pools and then bracket. Larry Lurr will be there and of course many of the popular names in Texas too. Wish me luck guys, this tournament is gonna be a doozy.
If you're ever feeling beat, remember all the friends you're fighting back here on the Ike forums!

Naf2pro

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Brover1
Good luck, mang! Keep a good mind and have fun

Genome Squirrel

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DarkCoffee
i got an ike amiibo recently, anyone teach one anything interesting? i reset it the first time around, i taught it some bad habits and it performed worse than a level 9 ike

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
i got an ike amiibo recently, anyone teach one anything interesting? i reset it the first time around, i taught it some bad habits and it performed worse than a level 9 ike
I tried to teach an amiibo once, zelda thought for some reason up smash was the **** proceeded to use it. I never use up smash on zelda, it sucks and my amiibo is stupid

PyroTakun

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ta-kun
I taught my Ike amiibo all sorts of crazy ****, but it rarely does anything cool. Occasionally it'll D-throw to N-Air, or U-Throw to U-Air, and it's the king of getting grabs.

But other than that, he's garbage.

Genome Squirrel

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DarkCoffee
the biggest mistake with the ike one was me using up b as an anti air, the amiibo mimicked it by using aether to hit grounded opponents with the last few hits, but it always gets shielded and punished

gByron

Smash Cadet
After my cousin borrowed my wii u I picked up brawl. I was never interested in ike in brawl era. It was a new experience for me and oh god. You probably know all these but Im shocked and kinda sad that they could have improved him without adding nerfs. What did they do to those aerials.. I prefer the new fair but that fairs range is so gigantic that the move is unpunishable despite the lag. Bair and especially dair has more range and that up air is a lot stronger while nair being untouched. Im in love with the old fsmash. Aether multihits quite well once the sword catches the opponent and you can grab the ledge from behind. Jab is op but its crucial for ike... They certainly improved this character in mobility tilts specials and in many more ways but I just felt sad about how a midlow tier character gets nerfs in power and reach namely ikes main assets. The worst part is that I now love the old sound of ragnell hitting foes

Last edited:

Xuan Wu

Valor Ablaze
NNID
Xuanwu_2014
After my cousin borrowed my wii u I picked up brawl. I was never interested in ike in brawl era. It was a new experience for me and oh god. You probably know all these but Im shocked and kinda sad that they could have improved him without adding nerfs. What did they do to those aerials.. I prefer the new fair but that fairs range is so gigantic that the move is unpunishable despite the lag. Bair and especially dair has more range and that up air is a lot stronger while nair being untouched. Im in love with the old fsmash. Aether multihits quite well once the sword catches the opponent and you can grab the ledge from behind. Jab is op but its crucial for ike... They certainly improved this character in mobility tilts specials and in many more ways but I just felt sad about how a midlow tier character gets nerfs in power and reach namely ikes main assets. The worst part is that I now love the old sound of ragnell hitting foes
I miss Ragnell's old sound effects. Ike's attacks in SSB4 don't sound anywhere as threatening, but at least they're still powerful and have good range. ^-^

Yes, it is almost hard to believe his Jab in SSBB did 16%, even more so with cancels. Also, notice how Aether in SSBB covers a bit more horizontal distance.

As for his aerials, his N-air was actually given a few more frames of landing lag in SSB4, but this change is hardly noticeable, since follow-ups to Jab or B-air is still possible. Of all of his aerials, D-air received the most nerfs. No more easy meteor smashes, and definitely no more lingering hitbox.

xBlitz

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AresxBlitz
3DS FC
3583-0912-0374
I miss Ragnell's old sound effects. Ike's attacks in SSB4 don't sound anywhere as threatening, but at least they're still powerful and have good range. ^-^

Yes, it is almost hard to believe his Jab in SSBB did 16%, even more so with cancels. Also, notice how Aether in SSBB covers a bit more horizontal distance.

As for his aerials, his N-air was actually given a few more frames of landing lag in SSB4, but this change is hardly noticeable, since follow-ups to Jab or B-air is still possible. Of all of his aerials, D-air received the most nerfs. No more easy meteor smashes, and definitely no more lingering hitbox.
I feel like the range nerf to fair was the most damaging, although lingering dair kills off the top at 100+ would be godlike. I'd rather have brawl fair than smash 4 fair tbh, auto cancelling it feels useless and it's difficult as is to hit grounded opponents with it's awful hitbox, let alone outspace non disjointed moves that just come out rather fast. But, that's just me.

also sound effect nerfs were too stronk :( rip the gun shots

Xuan Wu

Valor Ablaze
NNID
Xuanwu_2014
It is true auto-cancelled F-airs are more useful against larger characters. Have you ever considered using it as a bait or retreat? There are several instances when I like to trick my opponents by throwing out a short-hopped F-air while in the same spot or moving back, wait for the opponent to approach, then catch them by surprise by immediately attacking with Jab, D-tilt, or F-tilt upon landing.

^-^

xBlitz

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AresxBlitz
3DS FC
3583-0912-0374
It is true auto-cancelled F-airs are more useful against larger characters. Have you ever considered using it as a bait or retreat? There are several instances when I like to trick my opponents by throwing out a short-hopped F-air while in the same spot or moving back, wait for the opponent to approach, then catch them by surprise by immediately attacking with Jab, D-tilt, or F-tilt upon landing.

^-^
bair feels more natural, and the hitbox isn't a huge disappointment to me :)

Arrei

Smash Lord
Y'know, I never really got why the FE characters' throws were mostly so weak damage-wise. Robin's the sole exception with his 11% Bthrow, but why do Ike and Marthcina have almost flat damage on all of their throws despite vastly different usefulness for each individual throw? Ike gets like no mileage at all out of Fthrow, it sure would be nice to have that one hit just a wee bit harder for when he can't get combos off anymore.

Xuan Wu

Valor Ablaze
NNID
Xuanwu_2014
It's almost hard for me to believe that it has been exactly a year since Ike made his return to SSB4. Remember the good times when many thought he wasn't going to make it?

His announcement had a significant impact during speculation for two reasons. It gave hope for other SSBB newcomers to return since Ike, for many people, seemed to be one of the least likely to come back. It also put an end to the tired argument that Fire Emblem will always be limited to two representatives, with Marth being the obligatory FE character and the other character slot reserved for a recent FE protagonist.

^-^

Arrei

Smash Lord
Although, now that I think about it, one of the most common arguments for Chrom replacing Ike as the heavier FE rep inheriting his moves would've created something rather odd. How would they have spun Marth and Chrom both wielding Falchion, but Chrom's is inexplicably a two-handed sword instead?

DarkStar64

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Keystoner_33
3DS FC
4914-3939-6213

Ragnell used to sound like a shotgun, now it sounds like ripping paper easily the worst nerf from Brawl to SSB4 :ohwell: lol

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
It's almost hard for me to believe that it has been exactly a year since Ike made his return to SSB4. Remember the good times when many thought he wasn't going to make it?

His announcement had a significant impact during speculation for two reasons. It gave hope for other SSBB newcomers to return since Ike, for many people, seemed to be one of the least likely to come back. It also put an end to the tired argument that Fire Emblem will always be limited to two representatives, with Marth being the obligatory FE character and the other character slot reserved for a recent FE protagonist.

^-^
Time flies. I though that Ike was going to be cut, but when I saw his reveal I was estatic. I have never seen such a great looking character. He was the first character that really got me hyped for Smash. Ike introduced me to now one of my favorite game series. Here's to another year of radiant smashing.

Xuan Wu

Valor Ablaze
NNID
Xuanwu_2014
Time flies. I though that Ike was going to be cut, but when I saw his reveal I was estatic. I have never seen such a great looking character. He was the first character that really got me hyped for Smash. Ike introduced me to now one of my favorite game series. Here's to another year of radiant smashing.
Indeed. I still remember myself pacing back and forth about it on that very day. Hopefully, his appearance in SSB4 firmly establishes him as a series regular.

^-^

Last edited:

RadiantTactician

Defender of the Outrealms
NNID
smashergal426
3DS FC
0946-3031-1836
Switch FC
SW-4594-4881-1993
It was amazing how I found out our Radiant Hero made his return to Smash. I was watching a friend's stream in celebration of his birthday, which is also today, and knowing my adoration for the character, everyone, both on the chat and stream, immediately called me to go onto the Smash Bros site; I was incredibly confused at first, but a quick trip to the site rendered me speechless to say the least.

As much as I wanted Ike to reappear, all the speculation surrounding him and Chrom admittedly dashed my hopes for a second return, especially with the Gematsu hype growing stronger. Even though I believed the whole two character limit for the series was a bit silly with Awakening's success, I legitimately feared that our hero wouldn't return; suffice to say, his reveal that same midnight made me absolutely elated. It was then that I really hopped onto the Smash Hype train.

May we continue fighting for our friends~! :4myfriends:

Sol0ke

Smash Ace
Ike's return in SSB4 is what motivated me to finish Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn and I don't regret any of those decisions

(Maybe except some parts of RD that made me want to tear my hair out. Especially you second to last boss).

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
Ike's return in SSB4 is what motivated me to finish Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn and I don't regret any of those decisions

(Maybe except some parts of RD that made me want to tear my hair out. Especially you second to last boss).
What was so bad? Difficulty or plot?

Trunks159

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Trunks159

How about that mission where you're the Dawn Brigade stopping the Laguz from crossing the swamp. It was horrible.
What was so bad? Difficulty or plot?
The plot was good. It was rediculously difficult.

CL-MBD

Smash Rookie
Ragnell used to sound like a shotgun, now it sounds like ripping paper easily the worst nerf from Brawl to SSB4 :ohwell: lol
The new sword hitsounds are the same ones used in Path of Radiance, so I'd say its a huge improvement.

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
How about that mission where you're the Dawn Brigade stopping the Laguz from crossing the swamp. It was horrible.

The plot was good. It was rediculously difficult.
No. The real **** is 3-13. Defending a large space with under-leveled characters against overleveld laguz and the Greil Mercenaries is the tough one. I really enjoyed the plot as well though. If you're why the game is so difficult, that's because they didn't lower the difficulty when then localized the game. Our "Easy" mode is the same as Japan's "Normal" mode.

The general bs regarding the hidden defense buff
Where was that?.

Trunks159

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Trunks159
Basically anything involving the Dawn Brigade in Pt3 was just way too hard lol. Ive still yet to finish the game on hard mode (in pt 4).You cannot finish this game first run, without dieing

Mario766

Smash Lord
NNID
Lehran fight in the Tower, where he had incredible amounts of luck for a boss and his spirits around him restore his hp and/or give defense buffs I don't exactly remember what specifically.
The terrain gave defense boosts for everyone.
The spirits protected him tho.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
The terrain gave defense boosts for everyone.
The spirits protected him tho.
The terrain ain't hidden at all. There's a small window that tells you what the bonuses are for that tile type.
Spirits IIRC have an animation indicating that they're helping him.

Top Bottom