• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Friends being fought for!" Ike General Discussion

Rayman!

Smash Cadet
NNID
mambur321
3DS FC
4122-5123-5521
One time in team battle on for glory, there were these 2 Ike spammers on the same team, my team lost and at the end they both said "I fight for my friends" I literally laughed 3 minutes after hearing that, because of the meme and TWO ikes saying it.

Sol0ke

Smash Ace
Favorite FE games?

1. Radiant Dawn
2. Path of Radiance
3. Fire Emblem 7
4. Awakening
5. Sacred Stones
6. Shadow Dragon

Deathcarter

Smash Lord
Favorite FE games:

1. Path of Radiance
2. Awakening/Radiant Dawn

*Big gap*

4. Shadow Dragon

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 269706

Hey, Ike mains! What do you use Eruption for?
Abuse the hell out of the ledge snapping vulnerability. See video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_wpax41DC_Y The timing is really weird at first, but I bet you can get it. I usually release eruption as the opponent is initiating an attack or jump. So as soon as you can tell that they are jumping or using an up-special, release it. I also use it to catch rollers on rare occasion since the hitbox does go behind Ike after a minor amount of charge.

|RK|

Smash Marketer
Abuse the hell out of the ledge snapping vulnerability. See video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_wpax41DC_Y The timing is really weird at first, but I bet you can get it. I usually release eruption as the opponent is initiating an attack or jump. So as soon as you can tell that they are jumping or using an up-special, release it. I also use it to catch rollers on rare occasion since the hitbox does go behind Ike after a minor amount of charge.
Gotcha, thanks! It also has super armor, right? At what point?

D

Deleted member 269706

Gotcha, thanks! It also has super armor, right? At what point?
The super armor doesn't really come into play until about 3/4ths of the way through the charge, so don't rely on it. It's much better to miss and get away then get hit because you're relying on protection. Chances are you'll never get the charge that far and have an opponent still close enough to be caught by the blast (unless you're edge-guarding).

Oblivion129

Smash Lord
NNID
Oblivion129
3DS FC
1821-9773-2413
Hey, Ike mains! What do you use Eruption for?
I use it against someone trying to grab the edge. It hits below the stage so you don't really need to wait for that 1 frame before ledge snapping against some characters.
Like against Pac-man

EDIT: Pardon the quality but I wanted to show this with the percents

Last edited:

cron0

Smash Rookie
NNID
Cronoestar
Popping in here too.

New to Smashboards, not too old to Smash. I'm maining Shulk this go around, but after watching a playthrough of Path of Radiance and wanting to give him another shot, I really want to pick up Ike! So I figured I'd introduce myself to you lovely Ike people!

Aether9000

Smash Cadet
Has anyone here heard of an Ike player named GoldenPsycho? He told me on Reddit that he was top 5 worldwide Ike, but I've never heard of him.

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Hope everyone's having a great Christmas. Mine's been awesome so far, looking forward to seeing some new faces for those just getting the game today.

Oblivion129

Smash Lord
NNID
Oblivion129
3DS FC
1821-9773-2413
Awakening. I just cleared chapter 3. I'm Easy & Casual.
Easy casual? You won't need any help at all lol. Make your units go to level 20 and then use a master seal (You'll have to wait a lot to get to level 20). Don't use Frederick much or at all, because he doesn't grow much. Make some pairings, and remember the weapon triangle.
Oh, and try to recruit all the characters that appear. Some need a special requirement but most are just by talking to them with Chrom.

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
Easy casual? You won't need any help at all lol. Make your units go to level 20 and then use a master seal (You'll have to wait a lot to get to level 20). Don't use Frederick much or at all, because he doesn't grow much. Make some pairings, and remember the weapon triangle.
Oh, and try to recruit all the characters that appear. Some need a special requirement but most are just by talking to them with Chrom.
Okay. I think in the game easy is called "Normal". Next time I play an FE game I'll a little harder.

Oblivion129

Smash Lord
NNID
Oblivion129
3DS FC
1821-9773-2413
Okay. I think in the game easy is called "Normal". Next time I play an FE game I'll a little harder.
In Awakening, yes. Normal is a good way to start as a beginner or if you don't want to restart a chapter so much. And classic is what you'd want to play to get the FE feel to it.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
This is actually pretty bad advice for Awakening. Awakening plays differently from other FEs.

When in a pre-promoted class, use a second seal at level 10. Get all of the low level skills you want before using a master seal and then bouncing around the promoted classes.

Frederick is just fine. He's promoted yes, but you can second seal him back down to a pre-promotion class. His growth rates are actually in the same range as everyone else.

Make sure you get Chrom to an S-Rank pairing ASAP. He's the only one on a time limit and if you somehow manage to REALLY REALLY mess it up, he'll marry a generic villager and that will hurt another unit down the line.

Really, Awakening is "Baby's first FE" if you would. Unlimited EXP thanks to second seals means its impossible to have a bad character, the only question is how long it takes until they have max stat everything. Pair Up makes it even easier and harder to lose with absolutely massive stat boosts for S-Rank pairings + free extra attacks/nullifying attacks. You basically don't need any sort of strategy for the vast majority of the maps as well. On Easy Mode it is completely brain dead.

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
This is actually pretty bad advice for Awakening. Awakening plays differently from other FEs.

When in a pre-promoted class, use a second seal at level 10. Get all of the low level skills you want before using a master seal and then bouncing around the promoted classes.

Frederick is just fine. He's promoted yes, but you can second seal him back down to a pre-promotion class. His growth rates are actually in the same range as everyone else.

Make sure you get Chrom to an S-Rank pairing ASAP. He's the only one on a time limit and if you somehow manage to REALLY REALLY mess it up, he'll marry a generic villager and that will hurt another unit down the line.

Really, Awakening is "Baby's first FE" if you would. Unlimited EXP thanks to second seals means its impossible to have a bad character, the only question is how long it takes until they have max stat everything. Pair Up makes it even easier and harder to lose with absolutely massive stat boosts for S-Rank pairings + free extra attacks/nullifying attacks. You basically don't need any sort of strategy for the vast majority of the maps as well. On Easy Mode it is completely brain dead.
Okay. I've never played a FE game before, so I choose this one. After I beat it, I'll try it at a more difficult level.

Is there any good ways to earn gold?

Oblivion129

Smash Lord
NNID
Oblivion129
3DS FC
1821-9773-2413

Yeah, he can get all those skills but since he's on easy he won't need any at all. On hard mode I had to do that, especially to second seal the manaketes and taguels.

I didn't know the thing about Frederick, though. I assumed he was the typical "strong at the beginning" unit.

You don't really need to get Chrom to S-Rank. He'll only marry the generic villager if you didn't get any supports with him at all with his candidates, or if his candidates are all married or incapacitated.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Ya, but Chrom auto-jumps to S. I don't know if you miss out on the convos that get skipped or not.

Gold you get naturally/selling weapons you don't need. Won't be an issue after a few chapters.

Oblivion129

Smash Lord
NNID
Oblivion129
3DS FC
1821-9773-2413
It skips the convo but you can see it whenever you want, I believe.

There's also a Barbarian skill that gets you money, but I don't think you'll be needing that much money. Just sell what you don't need like @Nintendofreak said.

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
I plan to play Radiant Dawn after Awakening. I just want to get comfortable with the series. There's so much going on it a little overwhelming. Stats, supports, items, gold, managing all this is new to me. I only play about 4 hour of it, but I love the game so far.

D

Deleted member 269706

I'd recommend Path of Radiance before you play Radiant Dawn cause the story will make a lot more sense.

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
I can't afford PoR, so I'm going to watch a play though of the game online. Then I'll get RD.

D

Deleted member 269706

If you're computer is good enough I would recommend downloading the ROM buying it, and playing it on an emulator a Gamecube or Wii. Your idea of watching a play through isn't a bad idea, though it may take a bit of time to get through. Another idea would be to check out Serene's Forest and just read the game script.

Top Bottom