• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Freakin Jiggs

Metà

Smash Master
Wait for him to float down and hit him from the sides.
If they're spacing correctly and doing fullhop double b-airs, that won't really work too well. Btw, I'm a Puff main, and my friend's Doc has given me trouble with pill spamming and capes, but it's really unreliable, and only delays the rapeage.

St. Viers

Smash Champion
can't help too much, but,,,

yeah, pilling correctly helps loads. up-air works well when timed if they come in high, and b-air works if you can make them not space correctly.

I used to think this was easy, but then I played someone who is very good at reacting, so I kept getting pwned. I was too predictable.

If they stay in the shield, grabbing helps. jumping past their shield with b-air also helps (instead of n-air--I find b-air easier, and confuses people more, as they aren't used to seeing you use it while facing them)

Also, f-tilts help against them--if they come low, f-tilt, above, u-tilt.

In the air, b and u air work the best, in my experience. Also, d-airs work wonders, though not so much against jiggz as with other people

I still lose, but not as badly.

or just switch to sheik, and use the much better b-air and needles <_<

the CRAB

Smash Cadet
the utilt has really high priority, so that's usually how i try to go thru a jiggs bair. really, in this match i try to be the agressor. shbawd helps to mix your game up a lot, too.

WhatIsPie?

Smash Apprentice
If the jig likes to bair, then, as the come close to you, crouch cancel the bair and dsmash. Try not to do this too much at higher percentages. Even though you are crouch cancelling, there's a chance that rest might kill you. I have been able to survive a crouch cancelled rest at 30% on Jungle Japes.

Yes, wavedashing into a shield should work, but only for a while. Use it to get away. I don't think shield grabbing will work though; Jigg's bair has a pretty good range.

If at any time, you find yourself far away from Jiggs, pill spam him. Short hop pills and Full jump double pills. Mix it up to throw him off. Stop pilling as he gets close though, there's a lot of lag from pilling that the Jigg could use to punish you.

If he knocks you off the stage wtih a bair, DI downwards, fast fall if you can, and upB back onto the stage. Since Jig is floaty and Doc is on the heavy side, you'll be able to get away quickly. Make sure you sweet spot and get off that edge asap or that Jig can knock you off with a forward B.

Yomi-no-Kuni

Smash Lord
If the jig likes to bair, then, as the come close to you, crouch cancel the bair and dsmash.
i dont think that´ll work if the jiggs spaces correctly...

well, if the jiggs goes up high, try uptilting them
shiek doesnt have too strong moves above (in air) and below her (dair should trade with utilt)
so if the jiggs isnt so carefull and just hapilly spacing bairs away from you, you can try to come with a fair from above

wont work against very skilled jiggs, but it does against some that arent too good at concentrating through out the whole match xD

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
Aight. This is what I do against jiggs.

Against a WoP heavy jiggs, you basically have 2 objectives.

1) deter them from using WoP.
- This is easier said than done, because WoP is Jiggs bread'n'butter tactic. You will NOT stop good Jiggs players from doing this, although you can get them to lighten up. However, if you stop them from WoPing, you should have a considerable amount of control

2) if you cannot deter them from using it, avoid the WoP.
- Basically, stay away from jiggs, unless you're attacking (obviously). This is crucial against jiggs because once you get knocked off the stages, it's **** near impossible to make, most of the time.

___

Ok, so for part 1.

To stop a jiggs from WoP'ing, the easy way to start is to run away and throw pills. As long as you are staying far away and throwing pills, jiggs cannot get to you. If the jiggs has problem timing or spacing the pills, she will get hit. Again, and again. But WoPing the pills isnt hard at all, so this really shouldnt STOP jiggs from WoPing as much as it will stop her from spamming.

The next option you have is to time the WoPs and attack after the 2nd one, or whichever one jiggs does to land. If you can find a pattern to the WoP spam (which, as stated, usually starts in 2s) you can stand back for the first one, and time the 2nd one and approach with a f.air, b.air, n.air, WD-f.tilt, or something of that nature (others work, those are the ones i would normally use though). This tactic will cause Jiggs to do 1 of 3 things, normally.
1) stop woping all together. This is the best result, but the least likely.
2) change patterns. Not the best case scenario, but not the worst case scenario.
3) stop spamming wop and start using it to bait you. This is the worst thing that can happen because this is hard to catch at first, and mixed it with spamming wop, this can turn into a nightmare.

If neither one of those tactics work, your best bet is to stop trying to get Jiggs to stop WoPing and start avoiding it.

What this means is, instead of constatly following up your aerials, you want to resort to more aerial -> runaways (b.air -> run, f.air to run (or jab)) Basically, you dont want to do anything "big" to leave you open. Reason being is you dont want to get hit into the air where Jiggs can control you.

Moreso, if you notice that you are falling for WoP baits, for gods sake STOP TRYING TO PUNISH WOPING. You can try outtilting jiggs with f.tilt and u.tilt, you can try approaching with your own "WoP" (b.airs), or you can just aim to tradeoff with jiggs (since jiggs will die at lower percents anyways), but the worst thing than can happen is if jiggs gets you at a decent percent and pushes you off the stage.

_____

That's basically what I have against jiggs WoP off the top of my head.

I'm not saying you should completely change up your gameplan, especially if your specific style of play works. I'm just suggesting what I personally do against jiggs.

And before I forget, here are some other common things to look out for.

1) If jiggs is coming back to the stage, but is not pounding, dont be afraid to drop off and get her a b.air.
- However, if jiggs is pounding, dont be so quick to jump out, since you could get the script flipped if you get hit by pound.
- Also, if jiggs grabs the ledge, dont try too hard to harass her. You might get caught by ledgehop sing, ledgehop pound, or some ledgehopped aerial.

2) Watch for falling u.airs. If you get hit, start DIing away from jiggs so you dont get rested (at low percents). If you get rested, start DIing towards jiggs (obviously).
- Basically, be ready to DI different directions real quick.

3) Same goes for uptilts. If jiggs has her back to you, be careful not to jump into a u.tilt. Especially at low percents. This also leads to rest.

4) hell, while im at it, becareful trying to grab jiggs if she's crouching. I dunno if you can get away with dash attacking jiggs and not get rested, but most characters eat CC rest. More specifically, becareful if jiggs is crouching on a slant (i.e., the edges of Yoshi's story, the middle of the Grass stage of Pokemon Stadium). If you try to grab jiggs while she is crouching there, you will most likely miss, and get rested.

___

That's all i got. >.<

--edit--

Oh, one more useful tool to use, when thinking of rest.
If jiggs MISSES a rest on you, cape 3/4 times first. Tacks on extra damage, and this might deter them from trying rest again.
Nothing groundbreaking, but it's extremely useful

from some post about a month or so ago.

That's my take on the matchup. >.>

Top Bottom