• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

fox's best stages

falcosmassacre01

Smash Journeyman
what are fox's best stages?i really have no clue well this breaks my knowing stages streaks(falcon,peach)

Zephyr

Smash Lord
It all depends on your style of play. If you have a camping/defensive Fox, you should go with either Dreamland or FD. Green Greens also works very well. If you have an offensive fox, you should try close-up stages like Battlefield and FoD. If you have a mix like mine, you could theoretically go with any stage. But, that's just theory, you need to try a lot of different stages to find YOUR fox's best stage.

Hoodie

Smash Journeyman
I like FD, Pokemon Staduim, FoD and Dream Land. I just adjust how i'm playing depending on what level is selected.

ArcNatural

Banned ( ∫x, δx Points)
Fox's best stages are banned because of Fox. All other stages Fox does well on anyway.

Gerbil

Smash Champion
^Well stated, but I do agree with Onett being one of his best, even though a majority of tournies are starting to ban it. My own personal include FD, Pokemon, Yoshi's Story, Corneria. Be careful whoever said Mute City, your asking to get ***** by a lot of characters by picking that stage.

FastFox

Faster than most vehicles
BRoomer
I play extremely well on Pokemon, and I think it's mainly because of the distance in between the two platforms, and the fact that there is only two platforms. It just serves as a better convenience for fall throughs and u-airs, and all that other nifty stuff.

The only reason why Onett is the best Fox stage is the fact that the Drug Store platforms allow for three u-airs, usually resulting in a kill, and the multitude of walls that allow for drillshine combos, infinites, and if the opponent is a fast faller and they get shined into a wall, they're going to be popped right back to you ready to be u-smashed. It's perfect.

takieddine

Smash Master
In order i would say:

FD
Pkmn Stadium
Dreamland
Kongo Jungle 64
Onett
Battlefield

Bad stages:
Yoshi's Story
FoD(maybe just cause i hate it personally)

atheist

Smash Apprentice
i guess a really big part of it is who your playing against but usually stages with low roofs are good so you can take advantage of the upsmash and uair. then again some of the smaller stages could be good against the characters that are sent far from the shine. personally i like PS cause it has some walls to try and do the infinites and such,there are the platforms so chainthrows wont be as effective and seems to be the right size for me anyway

Fyre

Smash Apprentice
I'd usually say Onett, but everytime I try and play someone there they always say that its banned. Is it banned? And why is Yoshi's Story considered a bad stage for fox now?

takieddine

Smash Master
YS is a really really small stage on the sides, and on the bottom. Fox can get knocked off easily, and die earlier than usual. On the other hand it has one of the lowest ceilings, allowing you to KO at rediculously low %'s so it depends which option you are better at (dying or killing).

Pipe

Smash Cadet
what you want (generally) is a stage that maximizes vertical death and minimizes horizontal death. most of the good ones have been mentioned but don't forget corneria. hella low ceiling, especially at the fin.

RedYoshi92

Smash Lord
I think foxes best stages are
FD
DL64
battlefield
pokemon stadium
fountain of dreams
hyrule temple
onett

bad stages
Yoshi story(small space)

Smooth_One

Smash Ace
gft

Non-banned, I <3 pokemon stadium, it just feels right, though the edged kind of suck.

Semi-banned(? some places do, some places don't), because of the aforementioned(I know I can't spell) reasons.
I wish they let you quote sigs here, too. =/

My Fox seems to prefer PS, FoD, and FD. But that's just me, and unfortunately that isn't saying much when it comes to Fox.

_Phloat_

Smash Champion
Any stage you are good at is a good bet, I like PS, and for some reason I perform well there with all of the characters, so that is a good level for my fox :)

Smooth_One

Smash Ace
Fountain of Dreams.

It comes equipped with stupid puns, too.
"You wanna beat me at the Fountain? In your Dreams!"

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
I think we should ask ourselves, is there a BAD stage for fox? fox is the best character in the game for a reason. I can say the only stage he is disadvantaged in is MC because of the lack of edges. DK64 he can win by camping or just running away (shoot 1 laser and run for the rest of the match) along with the moving stages. YS/FoD aren't bad if u can actually waveland on platforms, even without that it is still easy to combo and kill, actually making it good stages vs cf/ganon because it is easy to push them off (then shine ftw). battlefield is pretty medium in size, no real adv or disadv, all i can say is learn to deal with the weird edges. FD is nice for shinecombos. PS is nice because of the first form having space to combo, and then 2 of the transformations have walls in the middle to infinate shine them. Onett is fun to meteor throw people into cars :D corneria is good with low ceiling and place to camp (lower right, spam uairs if they try to come down). i know i probably missed a lot of stages, and i didnt go into detail or anything, and i definately didnt post many strategies, but look around u can figure out a lot on your own.

Top Bottom