• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fox Power Rankings (In Progress)

C.R.Z

Smash Lord
in europe most notable from what iv seen are lesje, JUDGE, kingfunk, C.R.Z (me). as far as i know we are the only fox's that play on a competitive level with fox (not including australia)

on another note: i beat a pika and a shiek today coming in 5th place. i feel...violated :(

AvaricePanda

Smash Lord
I still think vague descriptions don't honestly cut it, nor does top 10 cut it. A "tier list" is honestly a better idea than a ranking because a ranking will just cause even more arguments of "well X player should be above X, I should be here, yadda yadda yadda,"

A more concise rankings list would be something that should be based off of more than opinion, like how a Power Ranking actually is. Results and who someone beats should have a lot to do with a rankings list.

National Threat (only TKD)

Regional Threat (people who at a regional can contend for placing top 8 or possibly depending on size, example Zeton, Ozz, and NAKAT would probably fall under this.)

Tier between Regional and Local threat: People who place moderately well at regionals, may take games or sets off of good people, place like top 16/25 at large regionals but do well locally, can get like top 3 or 4 there. This is where I'd put myself as a player in my region at least, not as a Fox main though since my Fox is bad lol).

Local Threat: People who okay at regionals and better locally. This is where I'd put 4bidden probably. Not that I doubt you're good, because from watching your videos you are pretty good, but there are a lot of people who are much better. 49th out of 118 honestly isn't too impressive in comparison to most people; you still didn't make it out of pools. Count (a player who's done consistently well in most tourneys, beaten good players like Kel and Infern, and has won a tournament before) got 33rd (although I'd like to say he kinda got bracket ***** lol).

Some tier below Local Threat: People who don't place or make it out of pools in smaller tourneys.

My descriptions still aren't the best, but with a system like this you can place people in tiers based on results. It's to some level quantifiable. You can say you're good and think you're good, but if you don't have decent results (and it doesn't have to be brackets, it can be pools games, money matches, friendlies even, etc) then you can't say you're that good.

4Bidden, you can't say you're just behind TKD because a player just behind TKD would have placed top 8 at least. At the last tournament I went to, Indianapolis Smash Academy 2, I got 13th out of 48 and was pretty disappointed (lost a pools match game 3 high percents when I choked and lost my first round winners bracket match against a player I was beating in doubles). While disappointed, I checked my bracket if I had beaten my first round match or had I gotten first seed in pools, and I would have probably had to play Hilt or Joey instead of DJ Iscascribble (MK I lost to in losers, he got 5th). While I can probably beat either of them on a good day (I've beaten Hilt in pools before and beat Joey in a few of our friendlies), they've both shown themselves to be consistently better than me, and I would have still probably lost and gotten 13th.

You can say you could have done a few things differently, but you didn't, and that's ultimately what counts. I do honestly think being close counts for something—going last stock last hit with someone power ranked 1 in their state is impressive, but beating them is much more impressive.

However, the problem of showing someone a video of you or another player playing and saying, "If they were doing better they would have won, today was a bad day, this was their first tourney in months, etc etc," arises when you do rankings lists based on nothing but opinion. With a system that accounts for results more than anything, sure you can say all of those things but they ultimately won't matter.

A problem would be certain regions being harder/more stacked than others, which is just something you'd have to account for.

JNB328522

Smash Apprentice
^That doesnt matter Im doing things differently now but thanks for explaining

in europe most notable from what iv seen are lesje, JUDGE, kingfunk, C.R.Z (me). as far as i know we are the only fox's that play on a competitive level with fox (not including australia)
Well I suppose you guys can win by default lol

I added judge to the thread other foxes that havent yet please if you would post your info so I can put it on the thread so people have an easier time to vote

AvaricePanda

Smash Lord
my entire post was trying to say why a ranking of "Best Foxes 1-10" is a worse idea than a Fox Tier List if pulled off correctly. If your objective is to reduce the amount of arguments this new method won't do it, plus it's just unclear regardless. I think that the rankings should be somewhat quantifiable so there's less purely opinionated arguing between placements.

JNB328522

Smash Apprentice
my entire post was trying to say why a ranking of "Best Foxes 1-10" is a worse idea than a Fox Tier List if pulled off correctly. If your objective is to reduce the amount of arguments this new method won't do it, plus it's just unclear regardless. I think that the rankings should be somewhat quantifiable so there's less purely opinionated arguing between placements.
Man i certainly made a mess of things :dizzy: Im not sure what to do at this point

edit: Suggestions?

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Any vids of Trevonte? I played NAKAT at Apex and was impressed, but Trevonte I don't know much about.

AvaricePanda

Smash Lord
Umm you certainly didn't make a mess lol. I think what you had before was fine with more detail as to what each "tier" (captain, lieutenant, etc) was in regards to placings. It's not like arguments won't happen anyway. They always do in any sort of rankings thread, whether it's tier lists, power rankings, character rankings, whatever; I don't think you should be too worried about that.

JNB328522

Smash Apprentice
Umm you certainly didn't make a mess lol. I think what you had before was fine with more detail as to what each "tier" (captain, lieutenant, etc) was in regards to placings. It's not like arguments won't happen anyway. They always do in any sort of rankings thread, whether it's tier lists, power rankings, character rankings, whatever; I don't think you should be too worried about that.
I guess you are right thanks for that
right now forget about the voting system (sorry about that)
Im going back to the old but with to set up a point system
as in you get points based on tourney results, people giving you good credit and people comments on your videos you can get only so much point to move to the next rank if you have more points than the person a head of you, you pass them

what do you guys thing about that?

JNB328522

Smash Apprentice
YES 1000x times!

Then you guys will stop overrating me so much. I'm honestly not all that great.
xIblisx I check the tourny results thread right now it seems you only got 1 point right now (just on tourny results) cause of the one tourny you took in 08 im not sure about the other one I know that cant be ture

edit: you been to more tournies since then right?

JNB328522

Smash Apprentice
Ok im starting the point system with

NAKAT
point from tournaments +34 points (this is from the tourny thread)
being top ten in his state +30
total 64 points

Im doing one person at a time so and will be updating k

edit: maybe I set the point system to high
if you having seen to be
General: 300 point or ^
Captain: 100 or ^
lieutenant: 50 point or ^

JNB328522

Smash Apprentice
they didn update my name =_=
then when you post all you tourny results give me a link to your post in the tourny thread and all add up all the point (it would be difficult now to go through all the posts to look for your tourny results)

edit the next person for the point system is

Duo55
points from the tourny results thread +44
total 44 points

crifer

Smash Lord
If that Power Ranking is based only on tourney results I´ll never be on that PR,
because I main DK and Fox and use both in tourney (sometimes more Fox, sometimes more DK).
But actually I´m not that hyped to be up on this.

NAKAT

Smash Champion
Ok im starting the point system with

NAKAT
point from tournaments +34 points (this is from the tourny thread)
being top ten in his state +30
total 64 points

Im doing one person at a time so and will be updating k

edit: maybe I set the point system to high
if you having seen to be
General: 300 point or ^
Captain: 100 or ^
lieutenant: 50 point or ^
I have a lot of tournaments that aren't in the results thread. Soy you definitely need to give me more points. At Apex I got 2nd seed in my first pool and 4th (1 round loss) in my second pool. Look at my other tournaments in that link because the player directory is mad late.

Here they are http://allisbrawl.com/history.aspx?id=17315 exclude the wifi tournaments.

If your considered top tep in your state you get 30 points

This is definitely acceptable

If some one give you a good comment in a vid you get 3 points

People can easily ask their friends to come to their video and post good things about them. This definitely should be taken down.

If some one give you a good comment on how good you are you get 4 point

People can easily ask their friends to come to this thread and post good things about them. This definitely should be taken down.

If you manage to beat some one really good you get 20 points

If you are really going to go through with this you are going to have to really examine people's brackets rather then just their placing. If that's the case I beat Inui, Holynightmare, and a lot of really good people, but since you are only one person you may not have knowledge on every regions good players.

If you beat M2K you get over 9000 point!!!

Watch my video against him

JNB328522

Smash Apprentice
I have a lot of tournaments that aren't in the results thread. Soy you definitely need to give me more points. At Apex I got 2nd seed in my first pool and 4th (1 round loss) in my second pool. Look at my other tournaments in that link because the player directory is mad late.

Here they are http://allisbrawl.com/history.aspx?id=17315 exclude the wifi tournaments.
Ok im redoing your points

Edit: whoa you have been in a lot of tournies you passed 300 just from tournies alone

If some one give you a good comment in a vid you get 3 points

People can easily ask their friends to come to their video and post good things about them. This definitely should be taken down.

If some one give you a good comment on how good you are you get 4 point

People can easily ask their friends to come to this thread and post good things about them. This definitely should be taken down.
how about I give this only power only to people who participate in the rankings list

If you manage to beat some one really good you get 20 points

If you are really going to go through with this you are going to have to really examine people's brackets rather then just their placing. If that's the case I beat Inui, Holynightmare, and a lot of really good people, but since you are only one person you may not have knowledge on every regions good players.

If you beat M2K you get over 9000 point!!!

Watch my video against him
I have been around the smash boards a lot to know who pretty good maybe except europe and if someone beat a good player im sure they would tell me

JNB328522

Smash Apprentice
If you have an AiB tourny history result page please send a link it would be easier to count up the points the only problem is which one you used fox in

NAKAT

Smash Champion
Ok im redoing your points

Edit: whoa you have been in a lot of tournies you passed 300 just from tournies alone

how about I give this only power only to people who participate in the rankings list

I have been around the smash boards a lot to know who pretty good maybe except europe and if someone beat a good player im sure they would tell me
Just ask me and Meep for since we have some knowledge on players as well.

lol al beat m2k if i play him. I LOVE fighting mk.
Same here my brother good job beating Pwii he has a lot of exp from me.

meepxzero

Smash Master
Yah lol i pulled the clutch win on pwii. I really hate giving up rounds cuz of gaystar =\ o well.... might just pull the tkd and sandbag with mk on counterpick stages then go nuts with fox on neutrals from now on. Playing fox on counterstages is really a bad idea and the opponent has time to read your habits easier.

mks that know the fox match up are the funnest to fight because you have to use ur brain to out beat them.

you can put me anywhere on the PR im too lazy to pull up my results anywho... Besides that most of the time i counterpick with icies a few times in tourney. I might just go all fox from now on if i go to tournies because ive lost all my fun and drive to play ice climbers anymore.

I really wanna help people on this board, but some people here are mad ignorant (well just one person LOL)

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Yah lol i pulled the clutch win on pwii. I really hate giving up rounds cuz of gaystar =\ o well.... might just pull the tkd and sandbag with mk on counterpick stages then go nuts with fox on neutrals from now on. Playing fox on counterstages is really a bad idea and the opponent has time to read your habits easier.

mks that know the fox match up are the funnest to fight because you have to use ur brain to out beat them.

you can put me anywhere on the PR im too lazy to pull up my results anywho... Besides that most of the time i counterpick with icies a few times in tourney. I might just go all fox from now on if i go to tournies because ive lost all my fun and drive to play ice climbers anymore.

I really wanna help people on this board, but some people here are mad ignorant (well just one person LOL)
Lol I'll accept any help >.> I'm wayyyy outta pratice.

Uzima (Uzi)

Smash Lord
lol, acording to the new rules im atleast luetenant due to coments and beatong good people on ocasion.
hell a decent number of people "thought" i was like 3rd best fox for a while, lol

but I like my previous rank, technical support/tech marine(sounds cooler : P )

JNB328522

Smash Apprentice
Well as im doing the math the ranks look pretty ugly right now how would you guys feel if everyone started from zero and turn this into more of a game

NAKAT

Smash Champion
Well as im doing the math the ranks look pretty ugly right now how would you guys feel if everyone started from zero and turn this into more of a game
hellll noooooooooooo some of us have already worked our ***** off in the past to show what we are about. For example if TKD went to about two tournaments now he'd possibly be a leutinant or captain when he is definitely more then that. Remember some players and regions go and have more tournaments then others. We need to use present and past results.

Hey guys I got interviewed http://allisbrawl.com/news/newspost.aspx?id=936

Robfox

Smash Lord
Wow I missed alot 0__o well hereZ my input
For 1 I think NAKAT > Trevonte. NAKAT took out more top ranked ppl I believe. I've only seen a couple of videos for Trevonte BUT I stated this once b4 VIDEOS R DEPICTIVE ND MISLEADING. I personally think one should not b rated due to 90% video recommendations. Most ppl R way better than their videos imply.
Second this point system does not really work. There R players who worked 4 bein known 2 the community nd it's not fair to them. JNB U cant keep switching up jus because a handful of ppl arent pleased with their rankings. If U dnt wanna B hard nd tell the ppl "prove 2 me ur better or stfu" then pass this job onto another. Im sure Killerjawz would love 2 have MORE power to yell nd degrade ppl. No offence btw JNB U seem like a real chill dude jus a little 2 relient on feedback.
Third 4biddin Dawg.........arguin with the Fox boards wont change ur rank nor likelihood N which case U may B demeaned lower than b4.

N other words if ppl dnt like U nd U have no hard evidence 2 baq ur skill up U wnt get far.
Fourth.......plz update my contact info. I rarely use my email so can some1 change that to smashboards only. U can keep the txting part jus inbox me ur #'s.
srry 4 the double post

EDIT:..........EFF WAT I JUS SAID PANDA MAKES THE MOST SENSE ON THE FOX BOARDS (besides CRZ) EVER!!!!
PANDA Dawg U deserve a hug nd a mod membership......
(>^_^)> I can only give 1 lol

EDIT #2: **** NAKAT WTH DO U GO 2 TOURNIES EV-ERR-REE WEEKEND WTF 0___0
and @Meep ill B drivin soon so ill B dwn N MD/VA sometimes thnkz 2 EE nd Tantalus. We most def need 2 play :p

JNB328522

Smash Apprentice
Wow I missed alot 0__o well hereZ my input
For 1 I think NAKAT > Trevonte. NAKAT took out more top ranked ppl I believe. I've only seen a couple of videos for Trevonte BUT I stated this once b4 VIDEOS R DEPICTIVE ND MISLEADING. I personally think one should not b rated due to 90% video recommendations. Most ppl R way better than their videos imply.
Second this point system does not really work. There R players who worked 4 bein known 2 the community nd it's not fair to them. JNB U cant keep switching up jus because a handful of ppl arent pleased with their rankings. If U dnt wanna B hard nd tell the ppl "prove 2 me ur better or stfu" then pass this job onto another. Im sure Killerjawz would love 2 have MORE power to yell nd degrade ppl. No offence btw JNB U seem like a real chill dude jus a little 2 relient on feedback.
Third 4biddin Dawg.........arguin with the Fox boards wont change ur rank nor likelihood N which case U may B demeaned lower than b4.
Yeah your right I am a little too submissive

Now I been thinking about this a lot and heres how it gonna work here are the sections

The elite foxes imo
(foxes that got out and really rep fox)
1.tkd
2.nakat
3.trevonte
4.ozz
5.meepxzero
6.Guard
7.lesje
8.Duffo

Veteran Smashboards Foxes players imo
(fox players that been on the fox boards for a really long time but for some reason dont go to tourneys often or at all)
Lightning93
xIblisx
NKB
Uzi
C.R.Z
joel.

The fox power rankings game

This is for everyone who wants to play and has to be a fox main and really its for fox players im not that familier with yet

Now the first week everyone gonna start with zero points Ill be accepting tourny result a the way back to july 2010 but for the first week its just gonna see who would want to play this game

the point system still somewhat the same Im just going to explain how this works
If some one give you a good comment in a vid you get 5 points
If some one give you a good comment on how good you are you get 5 point
A little bit more

Now the reason why I have this in the first place is to make up for people who dont exactly get a chance to go to tournies every day and this power only goes to people who are playing the game

Now you can "bump" a person up once a month and simply type "I bump this player up" and ill give the players points. Use your power wisely

now if you want to play then post im in and Ill put you at the starting line

Robfox

Smash Lord
1-3 I can agree wit on elite Foxes. I have heard by many tho that Ozz is good AND he doesn't have many enemies. As a matter of fact ppl enjoy his company from wat I hear. Meep.....,idt he should B N elite same goes 4 Guard. Lesje + Duffo I haven't really checked out.
No offence 2 Guard + Meep i've seen 1 nd played the other. Not saying U guys aren't good jus not elite.
IM AN ELITE >=( lol na jk but ill try 2 get some proof up later on

JNB328522

Smash Apprentice
1-3 I can agree wit on elite Foxes. I have heard by many tho that Ozz is good AND he doesn't have many enemies. As a matter of fact ppl enjoy his company from wat I hear. Meep.....,idt he should B N elite same goes 4 Guard. Lesje + Duffo I haven't really checked out.
No offence 2 Guard + Meep i've seen 1 nd played the other. Not saying U guys aren't good jus not elite.
IM AN ELITE >=( lol na jk but ill try 2 get some proof up later on
Meep: the reason why I place him there is well cause his past expirence with IC I just think he is a really smart player and he been getting good tournies result with fox last time i checked

Gaurd: I think guard is the best fox in canada and I heard that ally and his brother lived right next him (dont know if its ture) and I saw a set of guards vs snake vids somewhere and i thought he was really good

Lesje: this is a fox from erurope the reason why the player is up there is because I remember tkd recommeded that player was in top 5 or somewhere Im not sure now I havent seen lesje in a while now

Duffo: I think he is ranked third or fourth in Arizona powers rankings right now and he always place top 5 in his tournies last time I checked

this is the reasons why I put them up there really it ok to debate

meepxzero

Smash Master
1. tkd
2. nakat
3. ozz

No one else really matters at this point. Until they step it up. I dont really consider myself because i play half icies and half fox. Im playing all fox now tho.

ssj5goten

Smash Cadet
these are my tournament results mostly Fox. I have no idea if you can still find them here on smashboards if not i'll go look up the threads myself.

OSTS:K 4 september 2010 Brawl Singles 5
SP 29 mei 2010 Brawl Singles 9
ZEST5 30 april 2010 Brawl Singles 13
BIA 25 oktober 2009 Brawl Singles 7
TNOT3 5 juli 2009 Brawl Singles 5
BT 13 juli 2008 Brawl Singles 5

ssj5goten
Name: Dennis
Gamertag: SSJ5/Force/UC2
E-Mail: reptile03@hotmail.com

Zeton

Smash Lord
NNID
ZetonX
NOW Fox mains are popping up since he is going up on the tier list...you all are tier whores and some of you have no where to talk about Fox rankings. No offense.

JNB328522

Smash Apprentice
Ok were are going to dicuss who is really an elite/pro tourny fox as in people who are really going out there and making a name for themselves but not just who but how many real foxes that are really out there. You guys know my opinion

Ill start the fox PRG later

discuss?

NAKAT

Smash Champion
Ok so I just got back from KTAR 3 and here are my results!

Doubles (Me and Jbandrew) Got 5th Place!

Beat Jtails and Helpr
Beat Nairo and Atomsk
Loss to MalcomM and Anti
Loss to Chibo and Xzax

SINGLES (Got top 7th of 76)

Beat Allied
Lost to Dabuz
Beat Snakeee
Beat Tusm
Beat Nairo
Beat Squall
Beat GrimR
Lost to Will

I did amazing <3

@JNB making everyone start over isn't fair.

Top Bottom