• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fox...pain...arg.

technomancer

Smash Champion
Also, I tend to cut down on the turnips in this matchup alot. As far as damage goes, fox can blaster you for 10% while you're pulling one out, and it gives him crazy time to prepare his approach.

icy_icicle

Smash Journeyman
Well...If you play a really bad fox then maybe it could work...and if you fall for spammed DSmash, which is insanely easy to dodge when used too predictably...Against a good Fox...a good DSmash is hard to pull off...because he's so **** fast.

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
80-100% is good. Download Ryoko vs. Any Fox for reference as to how to destroy foxes :D
Except vs M2K. That's a how-to on ****** Peach with Fox.

I actually don't use my Fox vs Peach player. The dsmash is so intimidating for him and Falco both, and that nair is a nasty piece of work. I think that Marth is probably the best answer for Peach, even though I frequently find myself simply Peach ditto'ing.

icy_icicle

Smash Journeyman
Someone please, give me any advice at all about these ridiculous waveshining Fox's. Whenever I play one, I get beaten, even if it is only 1 or 2 or even 3 stocks...I just can't seem to win. His stupid (any aerial) followed by an L cancelled shine causes huge problems for me. If the shine hits, he waveshines me as far as possible on the stage, and then upsmashes me. If I have 50 or more percentage at the first shine, I die, because his whole waveshine process does about 40%, and his Upsmash kills at 90%. I can't think of what to do. Nairing is outprioritized, no Shieldgrab because shieldgrab = instant death, turnips bounce off attacks, and I can't seem to find ANY videos that involve a waveshining Fox and Peach. Mostly just Foxes who don't waveshine, but are still pro level, which is not my problem right now. Please, someone give me any advice at all that could POSSIBLY help IN ANY WAY at all. Thanks.

Cort

Apple Head
Smash DIing Fox's shine will force them to waveshine almost perfectly to get that up smash off, but he can't grab you. Also if you get shield grabbed they'll most likely uthrow and uair, so learn to smash DI the first part of uair to not get hit by the 2nd part...

Everything else was discussed fairly well.

icy_icicle

Smash Journeyman
does crouching or DIing work against perfect waveshines?

and float cancelled nair to dsmash might work

or you can try shielding a little more
No, crouching and DI'ing don't really work, because they slightly change the distance between you and Fox whenever he waveshines, but that doesn't mean it's impossible for him to hit you. FC Nair? Never tried that before...as for shielding, not a good idea to just stand around with a shield, but I'll try it.

As for the SmashDI the Waveshine, which way should I SDI? Away or towards? Thanks for the help btw.

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Mix up the DIs. They'll hafta change accordingly. Also, double-slap if they're in front. It comes out as fast as the shine, so if they mess up, you win.

Roche_CL

Smash Journeyman
just don't play them on FD, i tested it, a friend that is very good with fox, 3 stocked me in FD like 5 times in a row xD, I was so confident on FD because of the chain throw, but then I really couldn't grab him just one time because he is very good and precise. Then I changed to DreamLand and I won by 1 stock. Peach has a little advantage on that stage because it's very big and she has amazing recovery.

Another good counterpick stage is Yoshi Story, easy to throw him of the stage (beacuse of the size of the stage) and then edgeguard. Im pretty shure Final Destination is not the answer for Fox vs Peach, I've lose two times against the same person who uses Fox on tournaments because I really think I can grab the **** rabbit.

Tested and working n_n

BigRick

Smash Master
Montreal, Canada AKA Real City brrrrrrrrapp!
just don't play them on FD, i tested it, a friend that is very good with fox, 3 stocked me in FD like 5 times in a row xD, I was so confident on FD because of the chain throw, but then I really couldn't grab him just one time because he is very good and precise. Then I changed to DreamLand and I won by 1 stock. Peach has a little advantage on that stage because it's very big and she has amazing recovery.
Run away + Laser spamming owns Peach

^^Make sure that your friend never gets to know this and you'll still be able to beat him.

Kajitora

Smash Apprentice
fox is a dirty bag of glitches I mean seriously he's the reason why so many levels aren't tourney worthy, not only that but the whole concept of the waveshine on yoshi's board (forgot the name but remeber eddies ganondorf) can be used on FD as well, and yet i still find fox players BS'ing about peaches turnips and D-smash

DeathByTurnips

Smash Cadet
yet i still find fox players BS'ing about peaches turnips and D-smash
i think thats actually lots of ppl...not just fox players lol but ive never played a fox that can waveshine (thankfully) so i dont really know what facing one is like

Kajitora

Smash Apprentice
imagine for a second that your peach is suddenly hit by a drill kick and suddenly a shine and then another and another and another basically your character is on pause and fox is pushing them anywhere they want preparing for an attack,

OR

this one is more annoying you know he's gonna drill kick so you prepare to shield grab as soon as he finishes the kick you grab?! wrong your shined into a wave shine

Miharu

Smash Hero
Another good counterpick stage is Yoshi Story, easy to throw him of the stage (beacuse of the size of the stage) and then edgeguard. Im pretty shure Final Destination is not the answer for Fox vs Peach, I've lose two times against the same person who uses Fox on tournaments because I really think I can grab the **** rabbit.

Tested and working n_n
Er. I'd have to say Foxes would counterpick Yoshi's against Peach, because it has a low ceiling, and the small stage also nullifies the strength of Peach's recovery. The small platforms also don't really allow for Peach's CG to come into play.

Matsuki222p

Smash Journeyman
Take advantage of your edgeguarding and higher priority moves. If you can get him off and below the edge, he's as good as yours (easier said than done sometimes, lol.) I'd also like to point out that the skirt is easily teched at the edge but few people realize they can do this, so although rare, don't be surprised if someone doesn't die from it. Like everyone else said, chaingrabbing's also a choice if you're falling behind in stocks and/or Fox is doing infinites. Can't help you on the defensive Fox though. Float somewhat above ground laser level with Turnip in hand and play some mind games?. Can't think of much other than turnip throwing, sorry. I'm a Fox player by the way, not a Peach player. Peach tends to stop my assaults with her higher priority often (especially her air moves.) Hope that helped any.
One thing I disagree with is the fact that peach's priority really gets in the way of a fox except for recovery, any of foxes ariels would outprioritise a bair for ex. easily, it happenes to me all the time. I might be wrong but imo fox has much more air priority than peach.

Kajitora

Smash Apprentice
One thing I disagree with is the fact that peach's priority really gets in the way of a fox except for recovery, any of foxes ariels would outprioritise a bair for ex. easily, it happenes to me all the time. I might be wrong but imo fox has much more air priority than peach.
My exp says yes foxes Uair outprioritizes Bair, Dair and Nair, and Fair takes to long

The_Smash_Champ

Banned via Warnings
Lately ive been losing to my friends fox, he actually learned how to dogde my float cancelling, all he does is run away and shoot and when he gets the chance he wave dashes in front of me and smash attacks, even when i try to follow him around, he always seems to do kill me, i do more damage but i die in one up smash if i have anything over 70% damage. Peaches down smash helps counter his dodging but he finds a way to run even more.Its actually hopeless, unless you start changing your strategy you wont win, no matter how good your strategy is, fox is just too fast. I learned that chain grabbing him helps a lot and that edgeguarding with peach can really help you win. Its all a matter of getting the combo, once you start your combo, he wont be able to move, just try not to get shined blind or smash attacked. Watever you do, be sure you dont get hit back because peach dies fast up ward! and with his shine blind, now you also die fast in the side.***Meaning only go to the side if you really have too, other than that, avoid it!** :dizzy:

Vampirekain

Smash Journeyman
I actually found this post really helpful! Next time I'll play my friend I'll try and put everything together and go for the big fat kill ;)

Top Bottom