• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

.: Fox Movement Tricks :. All Mindgames and Flashy Movements

Status
Not open for further replies.

krazyzyko

Smash Champion
[Insert name here] - This combo works on fastfallers like fox and falco. It works at low percent. The steps are these:
1. Up air.
2. Up tilt.
3. Down tilt.
4. Up smash.
5. Up air juggling.

I don't have a name for it, maybe someone can make one.
Name recommendation:

1.Vertical juggle
2.Vertical tilter
3.Boot power

I dont think you should add that combo. just my opinion though. dont other asking me why.
it would be about as dumb as adding that combo rJee posted, lol.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Here is a name for your combo: Combo that will never work if your opponent has any idea how to DI at all. CTWNWIYOHAIHTDIAA.

good name, LOL
heres a well known combo:
CHAMP COMBO!!!!
dash attack, utilt, uair, lol.
put it on the list, its actually kinda good. courtesy of champ/charoo. but he didnt invent it, he just named it as a joke, lol.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
..dash attack...lols.

Excel_Zero

Smash Lord
Zero FX, I'm going to make a new strategies section. That's where I'll put your shine tricks. About the combo, so it's shffled uair to u-tilt? After this, does the opponent land close enough for a d-tilt? After the d-tilt, the u-smash hits right? Does it work on all fast-fallers? Also, I can't really think of a cool name for this combo. See if you can, thanks!

Hylian. Yeah, I posted in your thread a few weeks ago, forgot to add that. I'll do it now. Thanks!
I figured this combo can be DIed out of it, but there is a way around. When you suddenly catch the enemy and throw it in the air it will be easier to catch because they won't DI so fast, then you hit with up tilt, then walk a little bit to catch with a down tilt or just go straight with a JC upsmash and then hit him in the air. And vertical juggle sounds like a good name.

Oh and I found a new trick/mindgame, it works with every character:

Edge Dance - When running towards the edge, stop when you are close enough to do the animation when fox thinks he is gonna fall, then run to the other side as fast as you can. It's like an extended dash dance. You can set a quick edgehog this way.

I figured this combo can be DIed out of it, but there is a way around. When you suddenly catch the enemy and throw it in the air it will be easier to catch because they won't DI so fast, then you hit with up tilt, then walk a little bit to catch with a down tilt or just go straight with a JC upsmash and then hit him in the air. And vertical juggle sounds like a good name.

Oh and I found a new trick/mindgame, it works with every character:

Edge Dance - When running towards the edge, stop when you are close enough to do the animation when fox thinks he is gonna fall, then run to the other side as fast as you can. It's like an extended dash dance. You can set a quick edgehog this way.
FYI, thats not new, lol. :)

Hey Dalal, you should ad that when you jump form the ledge, ( not ledgehop but just press up, X, or Y) that you can cancel it with a wall jump. try it out on the mountain version of PS, on the left side.
this worx wit all the wall jumping characters id assume.

krazyzyko

Smash Champion
An intimidating+flashy mindgame I do with the spaceanimals (Zero FX has seen it)

"Waveshine dancing"-Wavedash Back and Forward (Wavedance) with shines/Reflectors in between, while facing the same way.

..later

Excel_Zero

Smash Lord
An intimidating+flashy mindgame I do with the spaceanimals (Zero FX has seen it)

"Waveshine dancing"-Wavedash Back and Forward (Wavedance) with shines/Reflectors in between, while facing the same way.

..later
Yeah I forgot about that one. Is good to mix it up with turnarounds too (not facing the same way always).

Dalal

Smash Ace
Final Destination - I have been trying to master t
Silent Monk said:
Hey Dalal, you should ad that when you jump form the ledge, ( not ledgehop but just press up, X, or Y) that you can cancel it with a wall jump. try it out on the mountain version of PS, on the left side.
this worx wit all the wall jumping characters id assume.
Are you serious?! I never knew about this until now. Is it easy? I'll go try it now or after my 2:30 class.

krazyzyko said:
Waveshine dancing"-Wavedash Back and Forward (Wavedance) with shines/Reflectors in between, while facing the same way.
I'll add that soon. Thanks for the contribution!

Excel_Zero

Smash Lord
Here are some more:

Edge Waveland - While on the edge, do a ledgehop (let go of ledge and as fast as you can use your second jump) DI a bit onto the stage, fastfall, and do a waveland in the same direction of the edge to re-catch the edge once again. Very nice mindgame, can be used to edgehog or to land a sexy back air.

Edge Waveshine - Same thing as before, except that this time, instead of grabbing the ledge, press down (that way you won't catch the ledge), and shine-spike. Can be used repeatedly too if you jump-cancel the shine (that saves you the lagging of grabbing the edge).

Short Hop Double Laser (SHDL) - Short hop and fire two lasers. (why isn't this here?)

krazyzyko

Smash Champion
SHRL-Short hop turn around fire one laser.

SHRDL-Short hop turn around fire two lasers.

edge waveshine dancing-edgehog, shine, waveland to the stage, shine JC, WD back ward, fall into the edge, repeat.

LHR3L-Easiest way to do. Hang on the edge, shine turnaround, JC w/control-stick, spam B, DI to stage after firing 1st laser.

........later

heres a cool trick i heard from a freind who learned it from thunders:
go to FD.
activate your instant wall jump.
instant wall jump and immediately laser towards the stage, then jump towards the ledge, sweetspot it with your up-b, and repeat.
if you did it right, you should be able to do another instant wall jump ffrom that sweet spot. ^^
TRY IT OUT! :)

its a lot harder than it sounds. you have to jump kinda under the ledge so you hug it first like you would when activating your instant WJ, thats so you can repeat it for style points.

another useful thing that everyone can do is kinda like pillaring using a platform. heres how fox can do it good.
basically, you land on a platform with an aerial and cancel it, then fall through the platform as fast as you can after you cancel the last one, then shine once you land, and JC it into another aerial (rising). once youre over the platform and at the peak of your jump, FF it and continue. its good with bairs to keep ppl off of you. :D
its also good for combos like this:
dair onto platform
fall through and nair immediately so the drill and the nair both hit. then follow up the nair with either anoth nair, a uair, a usmash, or a reverse bair, w/e you want.

Brookman

Smash Hero
the shrtl thing.,..why don''t you just hit away from the stage then jump and laser, it wporks the same as normal turning with any b move

its also useless to the max, lol. if i told dalal about tricks i know like that, his list would be longer than Ckit's fox guid. ;)

krazyzyko

Smash Champion
heres a cool trick i heard from a freind who learned it from thunders:
go to FD.
activate your instant wall jump.
instant wall jump and immediately laser towards the stage, then jump towards the ledge, sweetspot it with your up-b, and repeat.
if you did it right, you should be able to do another instant wall jump ffrom that sweet spot. ^^
TRY IT OUT! :)
If I edgehog that, you're dead.

If I edgehog that, you're dead.
LOL, i know, its just one of those useless, but cool things to see.
heres something ive been meaning to try:
you know shine turn around rite?
well i think it would be cool to turn around, then turn back around then waveshine, but do it fast.
i mean sweetspo with the charge part so you CAN repeat, repeating with the sweetspot of the flying part wont activate the WJ.

Dalal

Smash Ace
Final Destination - I have been trying to master t
Thanks DaHellKnightz!

Silent Wolf, I've done exactly what you said so far: I activated the instant walljump, walljumped, reverse laser towards the edge, jump towards the edge, firefox, and then in the middle of the firefox it grabbed the ledge. I tried to instant walljump again but it didn't work. What am I doing wrong? Do you have to ride the wall again?

yea, you have to ride the wall again, being able to get that chance is hard cause you have to hold towards the stage immediately after the laser, like how you would when walljump bairing continuesly on a wall.

Xin

Smash Cadet
Nice list, I like switching between the ifinite drillshine and wave shine in the middle of each combo to change up the look... I think I'm a bit dimmented in the head when I play fox. I have also learned to break sheilds with the infinite drill kick combo, but it takes really fast fingers and little room for error. I haven't perfected it yet, as I just thought of trying it and the method yesterday. Right now im programming it into my muscle memory. I can do it 3/5 tries now so after i get it down more i want to try and switch to shine/shine ->slide->punch->uair->Lcancel-> CT (or instead of CT, whatever i think the situation calls for depending on their damage). The combo goes like this Drill shine to shine (or double shine and i mean two of the shines you see in "10 shines in 2 seconds" video, depends if their sheild is up) wave dash to double shine to SH to drill kick to shine or double shine and repeat, or if you want just grab them. (Ok i guess it's not breaking their sheild but it doesn't allow them to really take it down, it's similar to BS SH drill shine technique but a tiny bit faster since falco doesn't go as fast) while i was at it i was adding it to my falco move list as well. I pulled it off on my college roomate with my fox who said "I was stuck" after i pulled off the combo. Maybe i just got lucky, but idk. He plays a **** good link btw.

It's good to know i've done almost all the stuff on here, some things unintentionally but i didn't know they all had names.

its also good to know that not even 1/10th of all fox tricks andmindgames are on here either. also, you cannot pillar someones shield with his dair without them being able to get out of it at any time. not matter how fast it is. usmash out of shield can out prioritize it too. during your landing frames some characters can grab you in time. the "combo" you mentioned is just a meaningless variation of another combo, so there'd be no point in putting it, im sorry but its true.
however, about the pillariing the shiled thing, you can do it with other aerials succsessfully.

Xin

Smash Cadet
Though I did mention I may have gotten lucky, I was not sure. Though now I can do it successfully. My roomate alex doesn't find any room to grab me when I do it, and it was also a combo that I derived from BS falco who pillard like that. Though in the middle of the combo you can switch it up and do whatever you like, especially since you have your opponent in somewhat of a pressure situation. Though I caught my room mate with it probably because he was looking for room to grab me during the combo and i ended up hitting him with my shine as his sheild got smaller. I'm not sure if the combo is meaningless as to how you can variate what you do during the combo. But hey, what may work for me may not work for everyone. I find it a handy little trick, though others may not.

Also, when you say usmash out of the sheild do you mean while they have their sheild up? Or of the shine hits them? Cause what I did was take his sheild down to where he had exposed areas and my shine ended up hitting him. I had his sheild down low so i could have usmashed him but i wave shined him twice to the edge and killed him. Though like I said, i probably got lucky as he probably didn't know how to approach it since that was his first time seeing it. Since our schedules are different i often practice while he's in class so I can catch him off guard with more percise or new variations of combos that are like those listed or like the one i came up with myself. Calling it meaning less though was harsh, you should try it, if you don't like it then that's cool, but it works for me so i'll keep using it if it will catch someone off guard. I usually try alot of new stuff so people don't see the same moves and predict my actions in certain situations. I am constantly looking for new things and trying to better myself as a fox player over all. Though you are right, I have not tested it against every character so I do not know if it always works, and I apologize if I came off that way. I just was a bit excited about doing something I haven't really seen others do and is a bit hard to pull off, and wanted to share it to see what others though of it after they tried it is all.

Note i was fighting his Link when I did it. It may not work on everyone just like waveshining doesn't work on everyone/every character, but I think it would be a nice technique to have available. That's just my view, again try it, if you don't like it that's cool, just don't knock it. I worked pretty hard to get it down to what i have it at now, and really don't feel it was a waste of time or effort to do so. I am still looking for new techniques to use in fights to catch my opponents off guard, i just continuously try to better myself. Though in my opinion it does have more of a practicle use than some of the things mentioned on the list.

Though I do have a question, does anyone use Fox's down through to kill anyone? I've Drillshined and Wave shined people to the edge then grabbed them and DT'd them for the kill. Does anyone else get this or is it possible with good DI to avoid it?

flushpuppy

Smash Rookie
i dont really understand the double shine, i mean, if you shine, then jump and shine, how would it hit them twice, because the first one would knock them away from you, and another thing, i went and tried it, and i couldnt just sit there and shine for 64 or w/e, it went like this : shine, jump shine, jump shine...they were all close to the ground but i couldnt do it for any longer

Xin

Smash Cadet
I did this while my roomate had his sheild up during a match, so my pounding on his sheild and him holding it for a period of time dwindled his sheild down, so my initial shine didn't him him but the second shine did. He did get knocked away from the second shine which I followed him with the waveshine to the edge and killed him. This is what it looked like though, Dair, shine, Dair, shine, Dair, double shine (I didn't leave the ground and this is where the last shine connected) then i waveshined him to the edge (we were close to the edge and playing on FD) and I Dsmashed him. That's what happened, so i'm just trying to get it down to an art so I can do it more consistantly because i thought it was a kick *** little trick and not many people would expect it, could catch someone off guard. Maybe find new ways to add a twist to it here and there, the way I am practicing it though has the doubleshine one step earlier in the combo. Though if you grab and Dthrow your opponnent (and they end up laying down) and double sheild, both sheild actually connect before they can slide away. That's my obsevation anyway.

I'll state again though, he was using link and I was using Fox.

Though I may have gotten lucky, and like fox's other combos/techniques it may work on only a few characters. I'm willing to experiment more and I thought it would be nice if I shared what I found.

Sefe

Smash Apprentice
A simple effective combo!

The Sefe Combo...

Works on everyone i guess...

D-Throw, U-tilt, F-jump, N-air or B-air...take anywere from there

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom