• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

.: Fox Movement Tricks :. All Mindgames and Flashy Movements

Status
Not open for further replies.
A simple effective combo!

The Sefe Combo...

Works on everyone i guess...

D-Throw, U-tilt, F-jump, N-air or B-air...take anywere from there
umm, thats not a combo....anything they hit the ground from and dont tech isnt a combo to me, lol. plus DIing the dthrow or teching it is easy beyond belief.
ppl need to stop adding combos that are gay and pointless. if i tried to add every combo i know eve tne ones that dont work, youd have a very long and gay list. lets keep the gay stuff to ourselves lolz

Xin

Smash Cadet
I wasn't trying to get it posted on the list. I just wanted to let others know about what I came up with and how affective it could be if other fox players were willing to test it out. There are some moves that are not 100% needed and are there to just look flashy on the list.

Anyways, do you live in Washington D.C.? Just paying attention to your sig cause I'd like to have a match with you some time, saw some of your vids and I think it would be fun.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
We should have a competition or vote for best/most fun new techniqe. Firedashing is the ****!!!

EDIT: I just found a new use for firedashing>_>.. I was playing my friends falcon and he was recovering so I firedashed to edgehog him, BUT HE GOT TO THE EDGE FIRST! So I slide off and immediatly shine which kills him because he was so suprised. Then I JC my shine and side B back on. I have also been thinking that if you do this with falco you can dair and still get back on the edge. Any takers?

nox

Smash Apprentice
I think we should add TAing ( Throttle Arialing, for the noobs ) to the list. It's a great mindgame against floaties and works wonders on Marths , plus it opens up alot of options like RDSHLing into a JCed PPF ( wich I can do both back and forth :D ! ) .

This is by far, the gayest SSBM related thread in the history of Smashboards. Zurflanding? L3wtfmajig? For ****'s sake...

Dude , show a little respect. Just because you cant master Fox doesnt mean everyone cant. Some people here are really dedicated and its with the help of those people that Fox became what he is today. No one said it would be easy , and if it wasnt for pioneers like Dalal , I think this game would suck. So stfu and go Trainning Mode.

Btw Dalal , maybe sorting the techs in alphabetical order would be nice.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Lmao chester >_>. Come help me stop getting ***** on samus in MBM.

Doraki

Smash Lord
Anyone who would want to know about the TRUE DOUBLE WALLJUMP on Corneria, it's just waiting for the ship to have the right inclination so that you can walljump twice just by pressing right twice in a row.

Yes it IS completely useless.

*agrees with chesterr*

you should add "doraki play" in the list, which means playing like me.. =)
(i.e. laser camping silly, thanks cort)

Anyone who would want to know about the TRUE DOUBLE WALLJUMP on Corneria, it's just waiting for the ship to have the right inclination so that you can walljump twice just by pressing right twice in a row.

Yes it IS completely useless.

*agrees with chesterr*

you should add "doraki play" in the list, which means playing like me.. =)
only useful techs, like zurfdashing or w/e LOL.:laugh:

Dalal

Smash Ace
Final Destination - I have been trying to master t
This is by far, the gayest SSBM related thread in the history of Smashboards. Zurflanding? L3wtfmajig? For ****'s sake...
I understand where you're coming from. It's not the thread that you're calling 'gay'. You're annoyed with the the way that corny titles are being given to petty tricks that don't truly deserve an official name. Well yeah, I get this, but you have to try and understand that without some sort of name, it becomes difficult to organize the tricks into a nice neat list. Do you see what I'm saying? The tricks themselves have been used in plenty of tournaments and stated somehow in many guides, but they have never been put into a list before. That's why I thought of making this thread. To document all the cool tricks that you can perform with Fox, useful or not.

If it's not the names you have a problem with, but the actual moves, then I suggest you go through and read them all. Hopefully you'll discover how this thread can give Fox players new innovative ideas on what to do in certain situations, whether they're on the ledge, in the middle of a shine combo, or trying to get an opponent to lag. It can help make your Fox more unpredictable. Think about it.

Btw Dalal , maybe sorting the techs in alphabetical order would be nice.
Thanks nox! I was thinking of putting them in alphabetical order too. The reason I didn't do it then was because one, I was lazy, and two, I thought that the current order was actually pretty good - similar or related tricks were grouped together (like Ledge Wavedash and Reverse Ledge Wavedash - or - Walljump Recovery and Short-Illusion Fakeout). Sorting them in alphabetical order would screw that up, so I decided not to. And if people really wanted to search for a specific trick, they could just Ctrl+F. It's easier than going 'A,B,C,D... hmm... K comes after I .. so...'. That's the reason I didn't.

Throttle Aerialing? I actually haven't heard of that. What is it exactly?

kerploplesteesh

Smash Journeyman
thank you

im rather new to smash boards, and a new fox player (about 2 months) and your guide/video helped me a whole lot. mindgames are a big part of fox and i just wanted to say thanks for educating me. i would have never figured all that stuff out on my own.

Thanks Dalal,

if you ever wanna talk fox sometime lemme know.

K.C. Cloud

Smash Ace
I read through the list, saw a lot of.... moves and was like.... yea... umm... "That has a name?"... but... yea... I guess you have to find some thing to name them. Though, I think some of the names aren't needed.

Z-N_Freak

Smash Ace
I didn't saw Shine -> Usmash
I read this today in a topic, since you can JCUsmash you can Shine -> JCUsmash :)

and Shine -> SHDL
Shine -> Short Hop Double Laser
I think I didn't even saw the SHDL =O
It looks reallt flashy shining and shorthopping double lasers :p

This doesn't has a name yet (I think) If it hasn't I call it: Reversed Shine (Ledge) Grab

Dash toward a ledge and perform a Shine that will slide a bit cause you just ran. So run and shine without dashcanceling or wavedashing. If you perform "Dashshining" (don't know if there is a name for already) nearby the edge and the shine has stopped shining. You slide towards the edge. If you reversed in this little trick you may slide of the stage grabbing the edge :)

"DashShineGrab" (Don't know if it already existed)

Perform "DashShining" while you are "in" an opponent. Now JC Grab out of the DashShine. If you have performed it correct you will slide will grabbing so that your grab range is bigger, You can even grab a Luigi with this (this is harder than a Sheik but it is possible)
Th "DSG" Will not work if your opponent will fall to the ground (So it won't work on a fox who isn't wholding the Control stick down)

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Are you talking about Waveshining?

Z-N_Freak

Smash Ace
Are you talking about Waveshining?
No, I am talking about doing a shine while dashing. You will slide a bit like you are wavedashing, but the "wavedash" itself starts with a shine and can be only interupted by a Jump/JC something. So if you do a DSG (as I call it) you Dash towards your opponent and then Shine while you are still dashing (maybe you dash cancel a bit first, but that should go automaticly then I think) After that you slide a bit along with your opponent wich give you a chance to JCUsmash/JCGrab your opponent without doing a wavedash from the DSG.

This can only be done on characters who'll not fall on the ground (or on characters who will normaly fall on the ground but are CCing )

and for the RSLG
You do a DSReversed and then you will slide of the stage (if done correctly)

Run towards a ledge -> DSR -> Stop holding the B button. Watch your character hanging on the edge.

It is very difficult to pull of and it may be even slower then Reversed Shine wavedash of the edge. But it can be done and it looks flashy to :p
So I can at least say it exist :)

Z-N_Freak

Smash Ace
Ok, I made a vid (crappy quality though, but you can see what I am doing ;) )

I was wondering. In the 4th part of the vid (after the my Fox shines and firefox cancels) I seem to grab the ledge (wothout wavedashing!) and I did only ran and turn around ore something. It was very wierd and I feel lucky that i recorded it. Could someone find out what I did in AR maybe? (O don;t have it) I only was toying around with the controlstick at that time.

The rest of the vid is filled with DS's (Dash Shines) and tricks with it. Also I did Doraki's instant waaljump with a recovery trick (and the well known other wall jump recovery trick)

furthermore there is a Firefox from the stage to the ledge. I discovered that if you ar between the 2 points of both sides of the field of FD, you'll grab the ledge. This may be faster then other things and it can be used as a mindgame =)

if you are P1 and you have just died. You can fall from the engelic thing and do the firefox cause you then are between the to points.
I hope this makes any sense at all and I hope you guys understand everything I explained =D

I thought this is worth a Double post, if not I'm sorry ;)

Here's the vid:
http://video.google.nl/videoplay?docid=8662314787414681519

MEK8806

Smash Rookie
thanks dalal

dude these tips are great, I really do appreciate the time that you spent to put this together. Awesome stuff man. Good luck on the drill shine combo by the way.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I would love to try out these moves but my GC is down. I was playing fox for about 2 years and I have never heard any of these moves. I didn't even know what teching was (but I knew how to do it) until I checked out a site. Hopefully when brawl ships Fox will still be in the top tier list.

SuPeRCuSsIoN

Smash Journeyman
i read all, but i might have missed this one. if not, ill just put it here.

Shine Turn Around Edge Hog
To do this, you need to run towards the edge do a shine turn around, then wavedash to the edge. if you do this successfully, you will grab the edge. it may also be used to shine the opponent and grab the edge instantly. this is basically a shine turn around waveshine.

emcp7

Smash Apprentice
I'd rather run off edge and then shine-turn followed up by a firefox to grab the ledge. Looks flashier and seems a tid bit safer due to the fire.

mark.

Smash Journeyman
i got a nice trick, but im almost sure this has been discovered.

you know how you can jump cancel to upsmash for a kill, but you can dash, charge while sliding, and upsmash

i find this useful cause the is the only way i can use this kill move, its slow to start.

anyway, dash forward, (you can run) and when u want to usmash just (from, running right)

-> (then quarter circle up) to ^. but, hold A halfway through. it sounds wierd, but its really really easy.

so, it ends up in sliding forward slightly while you can charge your upsmash, ftw

mark.

Smash Journeyman
i got a nice trick, but im almost sure this has been discovered.

you know how you can jump cancel to upsmash for a kill, but you can dash, charge while sliding, and upsmash

i find this useful cause the is the only way i can use this kill move, its slow to start.

anyway, dash forward, (you can run) and when u want to usmash just (from, running right)

-> (then quarter circle up) to ^. but, hold A halfway through. it sounds wierd, but its really really easy.

so, it ends up in sliding forward slightly while you can charge your upsmash, ftw?

(i had this other cheap combo, but im not done with it its like running dash to ftilt, but thats for later :) )

OTRU...

Smash Champion
well there r two ways to do it i believe...while ur shielding u can wavedash out of it and right after the wavedash do a jump cancelled up smash or u can do a jump cancelled up smash inmediately after the shine an example of this last one could be to shield a falco's dash attack and then inmediately after shileding the attack while falco is still on his dash animation lag, very hastely release the shield and do a jump cancelled up smash

shadydentist

Smash Lord
Well... i find that method hard to time. The easiest way (for me) is to hit up and then c-stick up immediately after. That way you don't have to let go of shield.

Zodiak-Lucien

Smash Lord
the only thing on this list I cant even get close to do is cruel waveshining. I am starting to think it is not possible.

On a side note I am thinking about making a video demonstrating all these, how useful would that be to the community?

Scythe

Smash Master
i suppposed you mean crouch cancelling not jump canceling but thx

blazefox

Smash Journeyman
I got one for ya

All right. I haven't found this anywhere yet so I'll post it, but if it's somewhere else the credit goes to them. (: Anyway, fox has an instant kill, yes, an instant. Nothing plays with your opponents mind more then ko'ing them at 7% damage, right? lol ok

The only requirements is your opponent has to be one of the following on any stage that has edges or a pit except Kanto Skies: Marth, Roy, Mewtwo, Bowser, Link, Ganandorf, DK, Zelda/ Sheik, and sometimes falco, CF, and/or fox.
KK just waveshine to the edge, lean over the ledge (so fox starts tipping over), grab your opponent, and wip them down with a throw. BAM! their down and out wonderin what just happened. The reason I said on all stages but Kanto Skies is because it works on all characters there, as long as your on squirtle (his right arm or the left side of its face, slowpoke's nose, weezing, snorlax's belly, or venasaur's face.

Enjoy watching them go down with a blank look on thier face! (:
Ohh, and good job with the list of tricks dalal.
Edit: that is, ko'ing them with a 7% damage move.

Ohh this was mentioned on pg. 13 of this thread. sorry. well, now you have the specifics to do it.

OTRU...

Smash Champion
yeah i love doin the down throw meteor spike at the edge but if ur playin someone who's decent at the game he wont fall for it, since the spike can be cancelled by just jumping or up B-ing inmediately after uve meteor spiked, another thing that only falco's n fox'es(not to sure about fox correct me of im wrong) can do is to DI towards the edge as their getting grabbed so they can tech the edge, n that's when ur mindgame comes into play because if ur expecting ur opponent to recover from the meteor spike u can just paciently wait for whatever he's gonna do after uve spiked him n as he gets out of the meteor spike u can just jump n follow him up by a shine spike or whatever u desire to do in order to gimp him

Marth/Falco Pro

Smash Lord
yeah i love doin the down throw spike at the edge but if ur playin someone who's decent at the game he wont fall for it, since the spike can be cancelled by just jumping or up B-ing inmediately after uve spiked, another thing that only falco's n fox'es(not to sure about fox correct me of im wrong) can do is to DI towards the edge as their getting grabbed so they can tech the edge, n that's when ur mindgame comes into play because if ur expecting ur opponent to recover from the spike u can just paciently wait for whatever he's gonna do after uve spiked him n as he gets out of the spike u can just jump n follow him up by a shine spike or whatever u desire to do in order to gimp him
I'm prttey sure the dthrow is a meteor smash, not a spike.

MASAHIROx

Smash Lord
i think someone asked how can you up smash out of shield?!

you hold up on the control stick and then the c stick right afterwards...VERY quickly tho.

Press22

Smash Journeyman
I love this Thread!! Thanks Dalal and all who contributed
I never knew any of this and now Im getting the hang of wavedashing while moving and already got wall drillshine my friends are Jelous.

NilliX

Smash Apprentice
Wow. This is going to help a much-load! Thanks a lot!

I can't believe i just sat and read it all...my retinas are bleeding...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom