• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fox Matchups? Sheik, Marth, Falco

Dart

Smash Lord
these 3 matchups seem to be the most difficult/ only ones i use fox for. *im a marth main so i usually just do marth vs falco or marth vs marth* but
Fox Vs sheik and Fox vs Marth can be super difficult so any advice would be awesome.

Karibola

Smash Apprentice
Marth and Sheik: Don't get grabbed
Falco: Don't get shined.

There is already a substantial thread with good advice vs falco

PK Webb

Smash Champion
EP check the match up sextion in the cunning kitsune guide.....shoot I still can't fight sheik bout to look that up myself and I find marth 10x easier than sheik

JPOBS

Smash Hero
i find marth vs fox really depends on the marth

if the marth tries to use his range and priority and approach and stuff its usually pretty easy to expolit the holes in moveset cuz everything he does (minus dtilt) is so laggy and punishable.

if the marth is uber patient and has a good DD and movement game, it can be a lot harder.

PK Webb

Smash Champion
Well a good marth can easily take a stock with a single grab like hbk and tec0 marth....a good marth is hard to get by....plus with their great dash dancing a eager fox will be on marths dinner table...its about patience

GOD!

Smash Ace
No good marth can take a stock from a low % grab on a good fox anymore.
Getting grabbed is not the end of the world, unless you're at like 50 and then tipper is a true combo from uthrow...

BigD!!!

Smash Lord
yeah they can on fd

marth just isnt played as often these days so people forget

GOD!

Smash Ace
No way dude.

There are so many ways to get out of the chaingrab as fox.
I've never gotten chaingrabbed since I started doing this one thing which I don't want to post for everybody to see. But seriously... even fd they can't take you from zero to death unless they're psychic or something.

JPOBS

Smash Hero
lol ok well if you have some ultrasuper technique that no one knows then congratz

for the rest of us mortals, marth can 0-death fox on FD and every known method of escaping has a counter method by marth.

Platform stages make it a little trickier to 0-death but tons easier to rack up damage

GOD!

Smash Ace
lol ok well if you have some ultrasuper technique that no one knows then congratz

for the rest of us mortals, marth can 0-death fox on FD and every known method of escaping has a counter method by marth.

Platform stages make it a little trickier to 0-death but tons easier to rack up damage
I'm not joking. I've played 3 pretty decent marths since I started doing it and I've never been chaingrabbed for more than about 3 throws.

And I just watch a bunch of fox/marth matches on FD. The highest from zero anyone went was 41% and that was with m2k. So instead of listening to a bunch of 2007 smash dogma and complaining about being chaingrabbed, just think of ways to get out.

Karibola

Smash Apprentice
Maybe you should watch a few more

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bFIl7fAw15g#t=04m30s

And if you actually had a legit escape, there would be no reason for you not to post it, as there would be nothing marth's could do about it. More likely its some trick that your mediocre opponents aren't picking up but can easily be punished, seeing as M2k tested every possible DI and such. Its guaranteed.

JPOBS

Smash Hero
yea, if its so good, why not just tell us?

if you're so sure its a bonafide way to break chaingrabs, what does it matter if people know about it if they wont be able to do anything to stop it?

and if you're afraid that people will eventually find a way to stop it, theres like a 99% chance its already been discovered and whatever you're doing doesnt work and the marths you play just dont know the answer.

10 bucks says its slight DI behind at ~20%->shine or jump out

GOD!

Smash Ace
Ok you can give me ten bucks next time you see me. Nevermind dude. Speaking of m2k, I actually used it against him and it worked. He ***** me anyway but it wasn't because of that.

So please don't be skeptical and annyoing /trash-talk and make up things. Keep johning about it. MEanwhile while you are doubting, I'm actually not getting CGed. And there is a legitimate reason for me not to tell it: because if you're a marth you can predict it, but it's just a toss up.

Oh and posting a random exception to a rule doesn't prove anything. Just saying. Maybe you should watch mroe instead of digging for exceptions and being like OMG yur wrong. Thanks.

JPOBS

Smash Hero
Ok now we're just going in circles.
First you said that your secret technique allows you to escape the chaingrab.

Then, you said that the marth can predict it, and stop it. which is EXACTLY what i said a few posts ago
There are numerous theoretical ways to get out of the 0-deaths at various times, the point that I and everyone else is making is that marth has a legitimate answer to ALL of the known escape methods.
So when you say "marth can predict it' you're basically agreeing with everyone else, which only leads us back full circle to the point that Marth has 0-deaths on FD.

so unless your technique is really something magical and gamebreaking (which you just admitted it wasnt) then you really havent proven anything.

GOD!

Smash Ace
As I said earlier "they can't take you zero to death unless they're psychic or something."

CGing a spacie zero to death is like tech chasing fox or falco zero to death. Or getting a grounded shine on peach/sheik/falcon and taking them off the stage --> shine spike every time.

It's like saying a falcon grab on fox leads to death every single time.

The only thing I've established is that yes, against human opponents it works. Now you can stop being a f@ggot and trying to jump sides and confuse what I said.

GGs have fun getting chaingrabbed. Noob.

mastermoo420

Smash Ace
Or you could stop being arrogant and admit that you're not as good as you think you are. Seriously, as a third party in your guys' argument, GOD! is obviously acting immature. Just try and stick to the topic at hand and avoid, as JPOBS said, "going in circles."

I, on the other hand, have a surefire method of removing the threat that is the chaingrab: "Don't get grabbed."

GOD!

Smash Ace
Wow a 5 year old smash meme
I'm like the least arrogant person in the world, I just don't get chaingrabbed. IT has nothing to do with my skill level.

Have fun not getting grabbed vs marth.

Dart

Smash Lord
I'm like the least arrogant person in the world, I just don't get chaingrabbed. IT has nothing to do with my skill level.

Welcome to the internet troll. if you can't post evidence to back up your claims GTFO. please and thanks.

GOD!

Smash Ace
alright f@ggot come to Gamme. Or FAP, it'll be close to your cave. $100 MM, you vs me. I wonder who the troll will be then.

GOD!

Smash Ace
Hey look more randoms backing up randoms on things they couldn't have any knowledge about.
No one cares anymore what you think. I'll just keep getting better and you guys can john.

Karibola

Smash Apprentice
Hey look more randoms backing up randoms on things they couldn't have any knowledge about.
No one cares anymore what you think. I'll just keep getting better and you guys can john.
Reneblade is ****ing amazing. Have you seen his dropzones?

FoxLisk

Smash Lord
Trolls have almost as much fun saying "I'm not a troll" as they do actually trolling.

Charlesz

Smash Champion

u too good.

PB&J

Smash Hero
i didnt no marth ***** fox.this is some new news to me.i think the match is even. they both **** each other's recoveries and they both combo each other pretty easily..i dont see the **** part..i must be blind now

cjugs

Smash Ace
u try to get out of the chain grab and then you get fsmashed! the grab isn't so bad the reason marth does what he does is because what he does to him out of grabs.
And he can edge guard fox like nobody's business

Top Bottom