• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fox Double Illusion @_@

Toronto Joe

Smash Master
that bair just made it x10000 more sexy...sooo sweet

i can always cancel my illusion at the edge so that i go onstage right beside the edge,dunno the timing for this one

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
It looks like you hit the ledge to cancel it. That sometimes happens with recovery moves. It just stops the move without putting you in special fall.
Some notable examples are Marth's DS and Wolf's Side-B.

So yeah. You can't really use it whenever you want and I'm pretty sure there's no way of doing it on command.

Duo55

Smash Ace
It looks like you hit the ledge to cancel it. That sometimes happens with recovery moves. It just stops the move without putting you in special fall.
Some notable examples are Marth's DS and Wolf's Side-B.

So yeah. You can't really use it whenever you want and I'm pretty sure there's no way of doing it on command.
maybe not with fox, but I know for a fact that its possible to do on command with wolf. My brother uses it to get back onto the stage, and its very effective. Distance away from the ledge, has some to do with it. It happens when your character is too high to grab the ledge but slightly lands on the stage (you don't really see it, its to fast), but the snap grab your character has drags you back off the stage and restores you double jump and special recovery. Its easier to do with wolf because his side b is angled perfectly for going right above the edge. I'm going to try and master it, but fox will be very difficult I imagine. It looks too pro not to try and master though.

RPK

Smash Lord
It actually varies on height, how high up are you in comparison to the ledge when you illusion. I have a video of me doing it a couple of times. Its harder to do it from a distance because you have to be so **** accurate with this. You also have to illusion cancel or else your going to end up standing right on the edge unable to move for a bit. Atleast you dont drop down like Falco. Though that can be a good or a bad thing. Anyways, thats pretty much the gist of it.

Duo55

Smash Ace
It actually varies on height, how high up are you in comparison to the ledge when you illusion. I have a video of me doing it a couple of times. Its harder to do it from a distance because you have to be so **** accurate with this. You also have to illusion cancel or else your going to end up standing right on the edge unable to move for a bit. Atleast you dont drop down like Falco. Though that can be a good or a bad thing. Anyways, thats pretty much the gist of it.
So after practicing with it for a while, would you say that its possible to do it some what consistantly? like 8 out of 10 times with lotsa practice? I imagine not because not only do you gotta get the illusion cancel right, but you also gotta aim it right too, but I just want a verdict on the matter to say it was properly tested.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
if only we could get a reliable way to do this, giving fox another recovery option, no matter how limited, would be amazing.

718_ROOKI3

Smash Lord
Nana locking Snake's all over New York City
Doing this with Fox is possible on a consistant basis cuz i practiced learning this when i was learning illusion cancels. its like so frame perfect and height perfect(spacing) that its really hard to do. Falco is easier since he's taller. When i dedicated myself to it for 2 hours i did it 6 out of 10 times.

I just ran off the ledge and immediately illusion back to the stage spacing myself right above the ledge i didnt cancel my illusion at all. I just hit forward B and forward B a second time to buffer a illusion as soon as it performed the ledge glitch. Super hard to do imo but its so useful

Code Lyon

Smash Journeyman
Doing this with Fox is possible on a consistant basis cuz i practiced learning this when i was learning illusion cancels. its like so frame perfect and height perfect(spacing) that its really hard to do. Falco is easier since he's taller. When i dedicated myself to it for 2 hours i did it 6 out of 10 times.

I just ran off the ledge and immediately illusion back to the stage spacing myself right above the ledge i didnt cancel my illusion at all. I just hit forward B and forward B a second time to buffer a illusion as soon as it performed the ledge glitch. Super hard to do imo but its so useful
Where have you been?

Ambient_Horizon

Smash Ace
Ive practiced this myself. Not sure how many others knew about it. But as Fox it is a bit harder being shorter than Falco but its a fun little trick. You just need to hit the ledge at the perfect spot. I started practicing this myself also and got it down fairly consistently with both characters.

But i actually started toying around with this when I accidentally did trying to scar the stage as Wolf and failing. lol

And you are using full illusions when you do this its just simply you hit the stage at a certain point canceling your illusion and thus giving you another option. In most cases your mashing the B button so you"ll end up doing another illusion anyway and the fact that youll bounce upward when the illuision cancels willl allow you to get back on the stage should you buffer a second one. Its real good for mixing up your recovery.

arcticfox15

Smash Cadet
I am probably a little late with this but I found this about 6 or 7 months ago. it is actually a timing thing. once i can find a way to record it I will post it.
If you want to attempt without the video start practicing it by hanging off the ledge then press jump. wile in the air move the hold the joy stick opposite direction from the ledge then illusion back to the ledge aiming at the ledge and a little above the ledge if you grab on then aim a tad higher and if you go over aim a tad lower
once you do it you can save the video and watch it and you can see the timing (but these is the easiest way to do these trick i can do it 9 out of 10 time)
once you got that down you can try it other ways like running of the edge to do this (super hard to do)

but....

if you can do this by hanging of the ledge and you opponent catches on they will try to jump up attack you and if they do you can footstool him to get him in a surprise Nair lock
but... sometimes they dont

arcticfox15

Smash Cadet
i forgot to tell you i haven't had any good test to do these but i did use these wen my opponent was ledge hogging and it stile worked but im not to sure it has only happed once

Adamated

Smash Apprentice
I did a little bit of testing on this back in the day but i felt that if you could get fox to land on the stage instantly it would be effective for edge games. Like Illusion>Canceled into standing animation> immediate usmash. I mean its situation at best because you pretty much have to put yourself off the ledge to do it and timing and spacing is near impossible during recovery. Thats just my honest opinion but we'll see. Also i may have a vid will post asap

arcticfox15

Smash Cadet
I did a little bit of testing on this back in the day but i felt that if you could get fox to land on the stage instantly it would be effective for edge games. Like Illusion>Canceled into standing animation> immediate usmash. I mean its situation at best because you pretty much have to put yourself off the ledge to do it and timing and spacing is near impossible during recovery. Thats just my honest opinion but we'll see. Also i may have a vid will post asap
it not that much impossible. once you get use to actually get use to doing it and can pull it of you can recognize where to aim i have bin able to use it to recover but it is steel realy heard

Top Bottom