• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fox boards combo video!?

FluxWolf

Smash Lord
Who thinks it would be an interesting idea to make a combo video featuring a couple of the top fox players who frequent the fox boards?

Might be a fun idea to bring us fox players together as a community in our own and show the world what we can do!

My friend who also plays smash is very very 1337 at editing vids so if the interest from ppl is nice I could get him to make it for us! We could vote for the song(s) that will be used and such to make it fair because this will be all of our videos haha not just me so I want help and contribution from everyone!

So just post what you think of the idea in general, and also if you want to be added onto the list to be in the video! I'll add you in when I see that from you.

After we get a rough idea of how things will or will not go I can start having people send me combo clips!

PM me filefront links with combo's guys!

FastFox

Faster than most vehicles
BRoomer
I'm down, I just have to get some footage of myself playing.

Everything available on youtube right now is either more than two years old, or from when I had decided to quit competitive play.

The Phenom

Smash Lord
It's a very good idea to have a smashboards community Fox combo video. You should definately do it.

I would do one but sadely there is no one else to contribute with me for G&W; if I were a Fox main again I would participate but that's not going to be(working on G&W combo vid). =\ good luck anyways =D !!!

Miggz

Pancake Sandwiches
Well I consider myself pretty solid and I leave comments on the Fox Forums a lot.

So would someone like me count too? lol

My new capture card came in and now I am just waiting for my friend's mom to pick it up from the post office.

So I should have new footage next week sometime.

The Phenom

Smash Lord
@INSANECRAZYGUY-Yeah I'm working on the trailer now.

Good news ^_^ Miggz just pm me when you need help on downloading the best software for free =D. How much did you spend on it and is the purpose for Fox footage.

Miggz

Pancake Sandwiches
@INSANECRAZYGUY-Yeah I'm working on the trailer now.

Good news ^_^ Miggz just pm me when you need help on downloading the best software for free =D. How much did you spend on it and is the purpose for Fox footage.
Well the one my friend ordered is a USB capture card. He said it was less then $30.00 bucks, and according him, quality is great. So we'll see about that.

My mom, however, is going away i na few weeks and I saved up enough money to get a Dazzle Platinum. So I just might get the Dazzle in a few weeks if this USB capture isn't all that great. As for its use, I plan to use it to record my Marth and Fox. XD

Do you know much about them?

Oh and yes I will pm ya. ^^

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
would it be cool if i ever needed it? and the combo video shouldn't be all shine spikes and pillaring and i am listening to a crazy song pink floyd the wall the trail

The Phenom

Smash Lord
EASY CAP Yeah I've seen the quality on it. It's not bad; pretty good. I'm pretty sure we can find a way to use the hardware of Easy Cap and use the software from Dazzle =P , if not then I guess you'll both settle with the software it comes with.

Tomacawk

Smash Master
I would love to be a part of this, but I'm not sure if I qualify. I really only frequent to receive and give critiques, and my contributions are low in comparison to other fox board posters.

Miggz

Pancake Sandwiches
EASY CAP Yeah I've seen the quality on it. It's not bad; pretty good. I'm pretty sure we can find a way to use the hardware of Easy Cap and use the software from Dazzle =P , if not then I guess you'll both settle with the software it comes with.
Yeah this is going to be an interesting project. I'm actually excited. I hope more of us get involved in this project. I wonder what the expected due date is. Hm..

Oh and thanks for the info. XD

Edit: Yeah you can count me in FluxWolf. I would love to partake in this project of yours. Do you (or anyone else getting involved) have MSN Messenger so we can talk more and whatnot?

FluxWolf

Smash Lord
I'll put everyones names interested on the list.

I'd say if you care enough to upload **** to filefront for me and check here enough to see the progress and keep up with it you're a frequent enough fox-boarder XD

obviously we won't use all the footage sent in, but only the best ones! And each person will probably have a time limit that they're allowed on the vid so it's not just all raynex =D

Miggz

Pancake Sandwiches
I'll be sure to make a filefront account once I get these vids recorded.

My friend and I should be recording sometime next week.

My time to shine.

No pun intended. ^^;

battousai555

Smash Ace
I'd like in, but I'm definitely not one of the best Foxes on these boards. I should be able to record some stuff with my friend this week. Maybe you can put us in for just like one clip? It'll probably be a funny mind game-ish clip or something.

I wish there was a way you could put the clip "Kongo Jungle Barrel Recovery" (http://www.justin.tv/pancakecrewpodcast) in the credits. Just scroll through the clips to find it. Ah, good times....

Oh, and don't judge me by any of those clips! Those are old and full of lulz.

FastFox

BRoomer
Lol post counts.

I'm going to try and convince FalseFalco to show off his Fox too. Woahmindgames.

FastFox

BRoomer
Why not?

I say this is open to everybody who can capture footage.
This'll be the first video of this sort on SWF, so we should get everyone involved.

Rep the Fox forums YEEE YEAEEAAEAA

Miggz

Pancake Sandwiches
This probably going to be a good 9 or 10 minute video. ^^

I'm so excited.

My friend would need to hurry up and pick up our capture card at the post office already. >.<

FluxWolf

Smash Lord
Remember, I only want clips not entire vids of matches.

Also PM them to me do not post them here, we don't want anyone seeing what will already be in it before its even made haha.

SFAT

Smash Ace
anybody can be a part of this? Because I rarely go on smashboards, let alone the Fox Forums, but I main Fox and upload videos frequently. Im sure I can find clips.

Tomacawk

Smash Master
I will probably be unable to record this weekend. How long are you going to wait for clips? Just til next week?

FluxWolf

Smash Lord
I'll give everyone plenty of time, no rush on this.

Also I have no idea how to determine wether someone is an active fox boards member, does anyone have good ideas on how to measure this?

Because I don't think that random people who are good but aren't an active part of the fox boards should be in on this otherwise we would just make a m2k combo video or something >_>;

Tomacawk

Smash Master

Also I have no idea how to determine wether someone is an active fox boards member, does anyone have good ideas on how to measure this?

Because I don't think that random people who are good but aren't an active part of the fox boards should be in on this otherwise we would just make a m2k combo video or something >_>;
well I only have 236 posts, but the vast majority come from the past few months and almost exclusively in the fox boards...we can trust the other fox board people (miggz, raynex, grmo, brookman, etc.) and pretty much rule out people who don't apply

FluxWolf

Smash Lord
yeah i suppose things will kind of fall in to place, i think i remember saying before that if you stick around long enough to contribute and stick with the thread until the video is underway then you're probably active enough haha. so its not too big of a deal i guess, just pm me clips if you want in; and make sure they're on a hosting site that I can download them from!

Goldkirby

Smash Ace
I would want in, except I suck and I don't really frequent swf in general anymore, haha. I can't wait to see this video when it comes out though, should be pretty balla.

Metà

Smash Master

1) search forums
2) highlight 'Fox discussion' or whatever
3) find posts by username _________
4) look at how many posts they have in that forum

EDIT: for example: http://www.smashboards.com/search.php?searchid=2142199

Top Bottom