• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Forum Fight 3: Resurrection

Status
Not open for further replies.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
"Christ almighty... The faster I get out of this freak show, the better..." George muttered.

Grizzlpaw

Rawr~ ♪
3DS FC
1289-9519-4206
*Uses Max Revive on thread* :tired:

- - - - - - - - - -

"That was careless of you, y'know" Charizard reminded him for the millionth time

"I know" Xiroey had already had this conversation with himself a million times. How did that guard manage to catch him off guard? He should've been able to sense his precense from a mile away. Perhaps he might've been able to forgive himself if it was just that one time, but there was also that substitute doll. How did it manage to keep sneaking up on him? Was he slipping?

"...Sorry" Charizard suddenly apologized, "You've probably had this conversation with yourself a hundred times now"

Xiroey's feelings eased a bit. Somehow charizard always knew what he was thinking. They'd managed to trump countless criminal organizations together. Some small, some with powers rivaling that of gods. None of it would've been possible without the power of his friends. Charizard especially, had always been close by when things got rough. He trained him, mentor'd him. In a way, Charizard was like his wise older brother.

"You think those guys will be all right?" Xiroey said, half inquiring, half thinking out loud.

"They shouldn't be in any immediate danger. Gliscor and I scanned the area before meeting up with you, we didn't locate anyone suspicious lurking nearby".

Xiroey wasn't surprised, he hadn't sensed anyone else either. Then again, could he really trust his senses nowadays?
A pat on his shoulder snapped him out of his thoughts

"You worry too much" Gengar grinned at him

Right, Gengar had always been there as well. Even after they split off into seperate teams, he never seemed too far away.

"Thanks..." He sighed "Arceus knows where I'd be if you guys weren't"--

He paused. Something wasn't right.

"Impossible" Charizard growled "We had the area thouroughly scanned"

"Well someone must've slipped by under our noses" Gliscor seemed oddly nonchalant about the whole thing.

"Well get your butt in gear Gly, we're going back"

With a powerful flap of his wings, charizard halted his momentum, then took off back in the direction of the wolfen camp.

"Do you think it's more of those guards?" Xiroey couldn't quite piece it all together. The guards should've given up the chase after Unikorn's whole charade. Did they catch their bluff?

"I don't think so" Gliscor tone told him he wasn't sure either "Whoever it is..." He pointed at a cluster of trees below. There was a loud crackling sound, followed by several snaps as multiple trees were toppled at once. A large boar-like creature emerged into the clearing, followed by several hooded figures.

"A warhog? Here"? He hadn't seen one of those since his first mission with Impact. What could they possibly...

It suddenly dawned on him.

"The wolfen! They knew Unikorn would lead them back to the wolfen camp! They're attacking now while everyone's still weak and battered".

Gliscor scoughed "An obvious tactic. I shoud've expected as much"

"I'm following charizard"

"Right behind you"

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
(George)
*peeks out of a tent*
"...Is something going on?"

*notices the warfare*

"Huh. So they finally got here. "Bout time..."

*goes back into said tent.*

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
"I can't believe I got fooled by such an obvious trick...", sighs Unikorn.

*He then looked at Kon*

"Kon! They're coming! Grab your sister and leave!"

*He took a brief moment to think*

"If I don't survive this, please don't tell her... it'll break her if she finds out."

*Uni began to cry, but quickly wiped off his tears as he left*

"ALRIGHT! WHO WANTS A PIECE OF UNIKORN?!", he yelled, ready to fight.

Last edited:

Grizzlpaw

Rawr~ ♪
3DS FC
1289-9519-4206
Something didn't sit right with Xiroey on the way back to the camp. By all appearances, this was all a clever way to strike at the wolfen when they least expected it... That was the explanation he'd come up with at the time. However, why would they make such an obvious fuss on the way there? Warhogs were powerful creatures, with the stregnth to topple several army tanks, and their skeletons were strong enough to take canon fire to the face. But they were loud, berserk creatures. They'd ram though whatever got in their way, be it man, tree, or even a small building. So why not take a more stealthy approach?

"There" Charizard pointed to a small clearing below where the wolfen camp was. Some of the hodden figures had alraedy made it there. Unikorn was doing his best to fend two of them off, but he was starting to get outnumbered quickly.

"Hurry"! Charizard made a dive for the camp. He swooped down quickly, too quick for one of the attackers to react before he ate a fire punch to the face.

"I'm going to slow the rest of them" Xiroey said, heading off in the direction of the nearest path.

"...He's gonna die" Gliscor sighed. He seemed genuinely sad about it too.

Gengar shrugged, "I'll go help em'"

"You do that..."

Gliscor was all alone "Well..." He said, giving his arms a good shake "I haven't had a bit of target practice in a while. This'll be fun".

Last edited:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
*Uni did his best as the Wolfen ran their way to safety, but he feared that he couldn't go back to them...ever*

"At least....she's safe now.", he said while shedding a tear.

*Uni was ready to die; he simply stood still as one of the snipers was aiming at him*

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
(George)
*poof*

"Wait what where am I?! ...Oh hi Charizard."

*looks around*

"Why am I here? Did someone use Substitute?"

Grizzlpaw

Rawr~ ♪
3DS FC
1289-9519-4206
Charizard paused in the middle of finishing off a poor sap. His clothes were on fire and he was screaming madly.

"Did... Did my substitute just talk"?

There was a whizzing sound, followed by a thud. The man's screaming suddenly stopped. Several more whizzing sounds, followed by a few more figures crumpling to the ground.

"Ha! 5 for 5! GG too easy~"

Charizard recognized Gliscor's voice.

"Nice one" He said, flashing him a thumbs up before socking some guy in the face.

Several more pointed rocks flew out of the sky. One of them flew off into the distance, striking a sniper in the back of the head and killing him instantly.

There were guns shooting at him, but somehow none of them managed to find their mark.

Charizard chuckled "Fools... you aren't going to hit him".

The substitute was still hopping around cheerfully. It was babbling about something.

"Of all the things I've seen in my years..." Charizard shook his head, then ran back into the fight.

Last edited:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
*Thinks about the mistakes he's done and wonders if he could get a second chance in the afterlife....assuming there's one*

"Do it.", thought Uni, "Set me free..."

*headshot*

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
*watches as the squadron leaves*

"Huh. I guess they got what they were looking for."

Kneutronic

Lurker By Nature
3DS FC
2062-9725-8885
Switch FC
SW-1036-7436-7807
*witnesses the whole thing from afar*

...What happened...? Why did Uni shoot himself...? What does all this mean...?

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
*witnesses the whole thing from afar*

...What happened...? Why did Uni shoot himself...? What does all this mean...?
"It means Unikorn went mad. In fact, full disclosure, the reason they came here wasn't because of the wolfen, it was because of him. I should know, as I was the one who told them of his location."

George waddles away from Charizard and closer to Ken.

"Look, I've been saying this since the beginning, and it may need to be reiterated, Unikorn was a radical. Any "good" he did is nothing more than sugarcoated deaths that he considered justified. There's no "war on Wolfen", nor is there some secret agenda. He's simply a man who let his delusions get to his head."

Grizzlpaw

Rawr~ ♪
3DS FC
1289-9519-4206
Xiroey stopped mid flight. The figures were retreating.

"Huh? Why are they leaving"

- - - -

[back at the camp]

"We've got a man down here"

Charizard stood over unikorn. He'd taken a bullet to the head. He didn't seem to be moving, but his beathing still continued, albeit sporadically.

Gliscor finally desended, walking up behind charizard. "Crud... I missed one"

Charizard sighed "You did your best Gly".

A shadow appeared at teh edge of the camp. Gengar emerged from between the trees.

"Hey' everyone's leaving. Did we win"?

"Not quite". Charizard nodded at Unikorn.

"Oh..."

"He's got a few seconds left. At most".

Gengar's shoulders drooped.

"I really hate doing this".

"It's the last hope he has, I'm afraid".

Gengar cursed under his breath. He walked up to unikorn and his his hand over his head.

"You'd better be greatful for this..." Gengar sighed, then used Pain Split.

- - - - - - - - - -

(Bit of a throwback to the old Forum Fight. Pain Split is a move Gengar has that lets him half damage taken with someone else. In emergency cases, he can use it to heal severly wounded comrades... but at a hefty price)

Last edited:

Kneutronic

Lurker By Nature
3DS FC
2062-9725-8885
Switch FC
SW-1036-7436-7807
...Wait. Was I talking to a doll...? And did it just... Walk away...?

*shakes head*

...No! Ken, you're going crazy, don't let this get to you...

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
"Dammit, they revived him agai-I mean hi guys how are you doing?"
George says in a rush as the group notice him.

Grizzlpaw

Rawr~ ♪
3DS FC
1289-9519-4206
Gliscor jumped, "Did... did that substitute just--"

"Yes". Charizard and Gengar both said in unison.

"I see..."

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
*is currently behind a few bushes*

"...Well, crap. I revealed everything. What to do now?..."

Last edited:

Kneutronic

Lurker By Nature
3DS FC
2062-9725-8885
Switch FC
SW-1036-7436-7807
...Those creatures... Looks like they're trying to revive Uni... Hmm... *gets up*

JayTheUnseen

Smash Champion
Much to everyone's surprise, they were suddenly joined by a young man none of them expected to see.

He could have passed for a young squire straight from medieval days, for he wore a long blue tunic and a long cape of lighter blue which swirled about his tall leather boots. Long brown hair cascaded into his eyes, making their color hard to see. About his neck hung a small gold cross, and in his belt was the sheath of a long, thin sword (a rapier).

"What's happened?" he cried, crouching near the party attempting to revive Uni. "Does this man still live?" Beneath his hair, his eyes burned anxiously.

JayTheUnseen

Smash Champion
The figure stands up straight and spins to face the ominous voice.
"No!" he cried. "I fear that with this man dead I will never gain the information I seek!"

JayTheUnseen

Smash Champion
"I've lost my memory," explained the young man. "I hear that this man also has lost his memory. I wonder if there is a connection to these two events."

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
"Unless you somehow were involved in the little agenda he has. I highly doubt that."

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
"The man was insane. He claimed the government was out to get Wolfens or something like that. Lord know what would've happened if he was still alive."

Kneutronic

Lurker By Nature
3DS FC
2062-9725-8885
Switch FC
SW-1036-7436-7807
*walks up* ...That man... Is the same one that escaped that trial... ...He shot himself to free himself from his own sanity...?

*everyone looks at me*

...Please, I'm not here to cause any trouble...

JayTheUnseen

Smash Champion
"Hm...the Wolfens. I could swear I've heard that name before. Regardless, if he a liar, even if he should know something of important, it would be nearly impossible to disentangle it from his lies." The man glanced down at Uni's body. "Perhaps it would be better if he did not live, after all."

JayTheUnseen

Smash Champion
*walks up* ...That man... Is the same one that escaped that trial... ...He shot himself to free himself from his own sanity...?

*everyone looks at me*

...Please, I'm not here to cause any trouble...
"Killed himself?" repeated the man in shock. "How terrible...I hate to see man's time come prematurely..."

Kneutronic

Lurker By Nature
3DS FC
2062-9725-8885
Switch FC
SW-1036-7436-7807
...I am still so confused... *looks down, afraid to tell them his previous encounter with Uni*

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
"Knowing him he'll find a way back. The ******* has been killed more times than I can count. And somehow he gets back up on his feet."

JayTheUnseen

Smash Champion
"I too feel confused. I fear I've walked in over my head here," the young man admitted, "but if the man is both insane and nearly immortal, is he not...dangerous? VERY dangerous?"

Kneutronic

Lurker By Nature
3DS FC
2062-9725-8885
Switch FC
SW-1036-7436-7807
He... May be...

*rubs head, giving in to the pressure*

I... Ran into him a while ago... He said he remembered who I was, that I was responsible in interrogating him when he was taken in one day... *stares at the wrench in my hand* ...And that I may have threatened to attack him... He... Was the founder of this organization protecting the Wolfen race... Our government... We labelled their radical acts and rebellions as an act of terrorism... But I can't remember a thing about what he brought up... About meeting him...

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
"He is. Which is why we wanted to keep him under check. But then some group of Pokemon came and decided to help him out. Then he got into prison, then into another prison, then into Maximum Security, and now he's here."

He... May be...

*rubs head, giving in to the pressure*

I... Ran into him a while ago... He said he remembered who I was, that I was responsible in interrogating him when he was taken in one day... *stares at the wrench in my hand* ...And that I may have threatened to attack him... He... Was the founder of this organization protecting the Wolfen race... Our government... We labelled their radical acts and rebellions as an act of terrorism... But I can't remember a thing about what he brought up... About meeting him...
"Let me guess, did it have to do with "OPERATION W.O.L.F"?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom