• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Forming a Community Texture Pack [NEW ENTRIES MUST BE FORMATTED PROPERLY]

Sukai

Smash Champion
Curses.
My inability to make pictures has held me back once more.
I would so get my Robin Texture for Falcon to be the green Falcon.

Can anyone take pictures for me?
Please?

CloneHat

Smash Champion
Arkaether, who cares? This will be good for new joiners, but people who already use textures, such as myself, will already have all our favourites.

goodoldganon

Smash Champion
Drop the arguments are I'll slap both of you. Shadic changed the name from 'official community texture pack' which is more then most of us would have asked for. A very nice gesture for the anally retentive, like me. Point is, stop the flaming and get on topic. Vote for your favorite Tink color for blue or post an idea for an agreeable texture on someone. If you aren't doing one of those, DON'T POST.

KKTHXBYE

metaXzero

Smash Champion
Uh.....It's been done since Shadic said he wasn't going to respond to Arkaether anymore. Which was last night at almost 11:00.

lol

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Drop the arguments are I'll slap both of you. Shadic changed the name from 'official community texture pack' which is more then most of us would have asked for.
Actually, I never used the word "Official" in my original post, nor did I intend to imply anything.

But yeah, the worthless argument is over.

Anyways, I've changed the Geno picture to the newest one. (Thanks Plum!) And the vote record (Counting my own for Geno) is currently 3 to 3. Whichever hits 5 first, I guess shall be official, until there's considerable resistance one way or another.

Vote!

Sails

Smash Ace
I don't agree with this polling system. I'd pick Geno, but I don't think this will work out very well. Perhaps make a poll on one of those insta-poll sites and mark a deadline?

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Alright, you make a decent point.

I've picked Geno for now, but we may revisit it in the future.

Can anybody link me to the Captain Canuck texture? I'd like both a download pack and an image.

And I'll rewrite the voting rules for conflicts in the original post. Good idea.

Man_With_Thooo

Smash Apprentice
Here are my suggestions:

TL - Outset texture for Blue! Also, the Skull Kid texture from Elite Smash Hackers should be for Red. That, and we HAVE to find a way to fit the Fierce Deity Texture (from Elite Smash Hackers) in.

EDIT: Aw crap, the Geno Texture's already been chosen! Is it final, or can it still be changed? Anyway...

Link, Marth, Ike - These guys also need their appropriate Fierce Deity textures (from Elite Smash Hackers)! :D

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Shadic, you should make a separate thread, and go through each character one by one. What we're doing now is way too haphazard. Also, for texture polls, you should leave the option for the original colour to stay.
I would, but I don't want to spam the board with threads. Plus, I can't have this one dying off. In the first post, I'll just post a bunch of thumbnails for what's currently being voted on.

Also, I'm gonna up the time for voting to a week.

MK26

Smash Master
http://www.mediafire.com/?zj2oddmz0yy for ZSS fix!
I would, but I don't want to spam the board with threads. Plus, I can't have this one dying off. In the first post, I'll just post a bunch of thumbnails for what's currently being voted on.

Also, I'm gonna up the time for voting to a week.
naw, just one thread you recycle over and over
and you keep this thread for the download link and textures to nominate a week ahead of the actual voting

like, if i want 20 different textures for 20 different characters, you'd ignore me if i just list them and have pictures and dl links for each...but if i can suggest them one by one as the weeks go by, ill have my voice heard

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Link, Marth, Ike - These guys also need their appropriate Fierce Deity textures (from Elite Smash Hackers)! :D
Can you link to each one of their entries individually?

Yessah, yessah, done with the trolling.
Thanks. :laugh:

Also Thanks.

I'll raise the idea of using Hacker Kirby as a replacement for gameboy kirby color. http://www.kittycorp.xtreemhost.com/?p=451
Eh, it kind of sticks out like a sore thumb. It's completely white, and doesn't fit in with the rest of the Brawl aesthetic. If enough people like it, maybe.. But..

Also, what do people think about the Green Arrow Pit?

I submit cyclops from MeowMix.
Definitely one of the better Lucas textures out there. (Download)
You mean for yellow, or something?

Steelia

Smash Champion
Shadic, AWESOME thing you have going here. I've heard talk about organizing "the best textures for everyone to have on a disc" time and again, but nothing ever came from it.

However... just wanted to make a simple query/ask a simple question. With the textures that you'll have under this Group Pack, will the textures used be given proper credit? As a member at Stack Smash, on behalf of my team and the many other teams releasing their works, I felt obligated to... "request" that credit be given with the textures used. Whether a link to the site so the texture could be found, or even "01-Mario - SeizureMario {Made by Thisusersusername}" would suffice.
I noticed you already did so with the Stack Smash Geno texture, but I just had to be sure you'd be doing this with all other collected textures.

Thanks. And good luck with this. :)

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Shadic, AWESOME thing you have going here. I've heard talk about organizing "the best textures for everyone to have on a disc" time and again, but nothing ever came from it.

However... just wanted to make a simple query/ask a simple question. With the textures that you'll have under this Group Pack, will the textures used be given proper credit? As a member at Stack Smash, on behalf of my team and the many other teams releasing their works, I felt obligated to... "request" that credit be given with the textures used. Whether a link to the site so the texture could be found, or even "01-Mario - SeizureMario {Made by Thisusersusername}" would suffice.
I noticed you already did so with the Stack Smash Geno texture, but I just had to be sure you'd be doing this with all other collected textures.

Thanks. And good luck with this. :)
Thanks! I forget you guys roam around sites other than your own sometimes. I'll be sure to compile a list of what texture came from where and who at some point, and if I forget, just slap me until I remember. :laugh:

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Updated the first list with quite a few textures to be considered. I've decided to change how voting is done, to not do anything until we get a least a large chunk of textures to vote on before doing anything already. I'll detail that in the main post.

Also, post some pictures and whatnot of additional textures for people to consider, please.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
If you want my opinion about textures here is my thread:

Proteininja's Texture Pack

I couldn't care less what places they were in. Just don't over write the original colors(The 00 textures).
Yeah, I saw that. I'm keeping the originals, like I said in the OP.

Wheres the online poll?
As I said, not coming until after I get a decent amount of choices.

Steelia

Smash Champion
^ Can I vote for my own stuff? :3

Also, this:

...was made by "S." at Stack Smash, not PZT. (PZT was the one who made the update.) Of course, I note that because "S." is... ;)
(Don't want to sound like I'm nagging... Figured it wouldn't hurt to bring it up. :) )

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Oh. My mistake, I'll fix that later tonight.

And of course you can vote for your own stuff! You just have to wait until I get enough content to actually start polling.

Basically, I'm going to wait until I can put up something like 40+ polls at once. o.o

Steelia

Smash Champion
Oh. My mistake, I'll fix that later tonight.

And of course you can vote for your own stuff! You just have to wait until I get enough content to actually start polling.

Basically, I'm going to wait until I can put up something like 40+ polls at once. o.o
Heh, All right, that works.

Don't worry, I won't go on a voting spree on my own stuff. Just a few personals I hope will make the cut *coughcough*. :laugh:
I have a fair share of other peoples' work on my own texhax SSBB discs, so I'm hoping to see a few make it here as well. :)

leafgreen386

Dirty camper
"Fixed white?" I don't see anything "fixed" about it, besides removing falcon's best colour. I thought one of the requirements was that the texture be better than what it's replacing?

And now you see the dilemma. People won't ever agree on if something is "better," since it's so subjective. I would honestly hate to see an "official" texture package for brawl+ that does anything except fix broken team colours.

Smash Apprentice
I am digging this idea of a community texture pack, it's like a starter pack filled with awesome textures. Anyway, I have a whole load of textures in my collections and would like to give a few suggestions:

King Dedede:
03 (Blue) - Kamek [by Vide Infra]
Download Link: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=I0PT28NM

Marth:
01 (Red) - Kefka [by Dhragen]
Download Link: can be found in http://stacksmash.cultnet.net/STUFFZ/

04 (Black) - Heartless Riku [by Vyse]
Download Link: can be found in http://stacksmash.cultnet.net/STUFFZ/

Peach:
01 (Red) - Mai Shiranui [by Marcpeach]
Download Link: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=59NVNDNU

02 (Green) - Miku Hatsune [by Picano]
Download Link: http://www.filefactory.com/premium/index.php?e=U29ycnksIHRoZXJlIGFyZSBjdXJyZW50bHkgbm8gZnJlZSBkb3dubG9hZCBzbG90cyBhdmFpbGFibGUgb24gdGhpcyBzZXJ2ZXIuPGJyIC8%2BPGJyIC8%2BUGxlYXNlIHRyeSBhZ2FpbiBsYXRlciwgb3IgeW91IGNhbiA8c3Ryb25nPnVwZ3JhZGUgdG8gRmlsZUZhY3RvcnkgUHJlbWl1bTwvc3Ryb25nPiBiZWxvdyBmb3IgaW5zdGFudCBhY2Nlc3Mu&l=YToxOntzOjE0OiJSZXRyeSBEb3dubG9hZCI7czo2NDoiaHR0cDovL3d3dy5maWxlZmFjdG9yeS5jb20vZmlsZS9hZ2QwNjdlL24vTWlrdV9IYXRzdW5lX1BlYWNoX3ppcCI7fQ==&c=b735e92eb7ffdbb182c71dc02500db65

Hopefully, they are appropriate >_>

Toon Link:
05 (NES) or 06 (Dark) - Cooking Mama [by alexjol] :laugh:
Download Link: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=YOE9IAVK

more to come :)

Man_With_Thooo

Smash Apprentice

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
"Fixed white?" I don't see anything "fixed" about it, besides removing falcon's best colour. I thought one of the requirements was that the texture be better than what it's replacing?
Also one of the options for polling will be the option to retain the original color. I prefer pink myself, but I saw that as an alternative, and it has a possibility if enough people prefer it.

And now you see the dilemma. People won't ever agree on if something is "better," since it's so subjective. I would honestly hate to see an "official" texture package for brawl+ that does anything except fix broken team colours.
There's already been enough complaints about this. You won't see the word "Official" used by me, or hopefully anywhere else, to describe this thread/idea.

And it's a democratic system, so hopefully any bias of my own shall be removed or at least quite negligible.

As for everything else - Consider this a temporary reply :
I'm working on the main post now.

Smash Apprentice
Still have some more suggestions. So here comes a long list [without the clutter of course :laugh:]

:falcon:
01 (Red) - Protoman [by Dhragen]
Screenshot
Download

02 (Green) - Green Lantern [by Zephyrnereus]
Screenshot
Download

03 (Blue) - Captain America [by Poxag]
Screenshot
Download

:diddy:
05 (Yellow) - Striker Diddy [by marvin]
Screenshot
Download

:dk2:
04 (Black) - Jackson's Kong [by Register]
Screenshot
Download

:ganondorf:
01 (Red) - Magneto [by PZT]
Screenshot
Download

:ike:
02 (Green) - Lord Ike [by Dhragen]
Screenshot
Download

:kirby2:
01 (Red) - Pokeball [by Androu1]
Screenshot
Download

04 (Yellow) - Awesome Kirby [by Supersonic88]
Screenshot
Download

:link2:
01 (Red) - Zero [by PZT]
Screenshot
Download

02 (Blue) - Zora Armor Link [by marvin]
Screenshot not available at the moment
Download

I think Magic Armor Link should be placed in Gold (05)

:lucas:
02 (Green) - Classic Joker [by Eggboy13]
Screenshot
Download

05 (Kumatora) - Kumatora [by Register]
Screenshot
Download

:mario2:
03 (Blue) - Shadow Mario [by Pako]
Screenshot
Download

04 (Wario) - Flint [by Pako1034]
Screenshot
Download

05 (Black) - Referee [by Akuago220]
Screenshot
Download

:ness2:
02 (Green) - Billy (Animal Crossing) [by PZT]
Screenshot
Download

:pikachu2:
02 (Green) - Gir [by Ike Lawliet]
Screenshots
Download

02 (Blue) - Kilachu [by marvin]
Screenshots
Download

:pit:
01 (Red) - Lloyd Irving [by Vyse]
Screenshot
Download

02 (Green) - Green Arrow [by Finman702]
Screenshot
Download

03 (Blue) - Zidane [by Dhragen]
Screenshot
Download

05 (Black) - The Traveler [by DasDonkey Team]
Screenshot
Download

:samus2:
01 (Red) - Iron Man [by Finman702]
Screenshot
Download

02 (Green) - Master Chief [by Pako1034]
Screenshot
Download

03 (Blue) - Dark Samus [by marvin]
Screenshot
Download

:zerosuitsamus:
01 (Red) - Yoko [by Ike Lawilet]
Screenshot
Download

:shiek:
02 (Green) - Sothe [by maltes]
Screenshot
Download

03 (Blue) - Midna [by Register]
Screenshot
Download

:zelda:
01 (Red) - Micaiah [by maltes]
Screenshot
Download

03 (Blue) - Midna [by Register]
Screenshot
Download

:snake:
04 (WTF!?!) - Old Snake [by marvin]
Screenshot
Screenshot

:squirtle:
02 (Green) - Raphael [by Zackneji]
Screenshot
Download

:toonlink:
01 (Red) - Jedi Link [by OizenX]
Screenshot
Download

04 (Purple) - Toon Vaati [by Zackneji]
Screenshot
Download

Oh and for Cooking Mama, the texture should be set to 06 (Dark). Especially after seeing this. :(

:wolf:
05 (White) - Amaterasu [by segab]
Screenshot
Download

/suggesting

I'm not accurate with who made what texture (mostly from StackSmash). So I apologize in advance for any mistakes I might've made.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Dear god, 112. You're a savior to this topic.

I'm a bit busy today, but I'll update the main post soon.

Me_Aludes

Smash Apprentice
04 or 05 Yoshi
Dry Yoshi [picano]
Download

0X Wolf (i don't really care)
Yugo the Wolf [Dhragen]
Download

05 Samus + ZSS
SA-X Samus and SA-X Zero-Suit Samus [Spire III]
[URL="http://stacksmash.cultnet.net/STUFFZ/Characters/Samus_ZSS/SA-X.rar]Download[/URL]

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Here's portions of my texture pack if you want to know about it.

For my texture pack download, go to my custom textures thread at the Kitty Corp. forums; the download link changes as I add new textures to the pack. You need to be a registered member to view the thread though.

http://kittycorpforum.xtreemhost.com/index.php?topic=114.0

Subspace Bowser - FitKoopa06.pcs + FitKoopa06.pac

Black & Red Dedede - FitDedede04.pcs

Blue Dedede - FitDedede03.pcs

Red & Yellow Fox - FitFox05.pcs

Subspace Ganondorf - FitGanon05.pcs

Red Lucario - FitLucario01.pcs

Yellow Lucario - FitLucario04.pcs

Luigi as Mario - FitLuigi01.pcs

Flying Mario - FitMario05.pcs

Dark Meta Knight - FitMetaKnight04.pcs

Peach as Rosalina - FitPeach03.pcs

Dark Pokemon Trainer - FitPokeTrainer04.pcs + FitPokeTrainer04.pac + FitPokeTrainerFinal04.pac

Dark Charizard - FitPokeLizardon04.pcs + FitPokeLizardon04.pac

Dark Squirtle - FitPokeZenigame04.pcs + FitPokeZenigame04.pac

Dark Ivysaur - FitPokeFushigisou04.pcs + FitPokeFushigisou04.pac

Red Sonic - FitSonic01.pcs

Green Sonic - FitSonic02.pcs

Black Tunic Toon Link - FitToonLink06.pcs

Blue Wario (plumber outfit) - FitWario09.pcs + FitWario09.pac

Blue Yoshi (alternate color) - FitYoshi03.pcs

Orange Yoshi - FitYoshi04.pcs

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Indeed. Maybe I'll texture-hunt a bit today. For now, we've got a TON of new textures in the main post.

Top Bottom