• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

forced design

Status
Not open for further replies.

Problem2

Smash Champion
NNID
Problem0
I really can't stress this enough.[...] It'll be a while until people are as proficient at edgeguarding as they are at recovering, and that was true in Melee for a really long time. A couple characters [...]

I feel like I've heard this argument before.

It's been a while though.

Like 2008?

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Consider that there are significantly more viable threats in P:M then there are in Melee with more on the way to learn how to edgeguard and also consider that almost none of those viable threats have gotten metagame development even close to the level of Melee vets. It's something that will occur much more naturally once we have a definitive and finalized version of Project M to work with.

Burnsy

Smash Lord
Dingding123 said:
Melee's a living testament to that - despite its flurry of subpar and wonky characters it's had a definite scene for the past 12 years, and of course we're all here because of Melee.
Who's "we"? I'm here because of Project M. I didn't play Brawl or Melee, but I heard its a very good game.
There are a lot more people like me than you think, who had Project M as their first competitive smash game. And I already love Project M; I don't need to "challenge" the PMBR to do anything because I think they've done a fantastic job so far with no signs of slowing down.

Fortress

Smash Master
Who's "we"? I'm here because of Project M. I didn't play Brawl or Melee, but I heard its a very good game.
There are a lot more people like me than you think, who had Project M as their first competitive smash game. And I already love Project M; I don't need to "challenge" the PMBR to do anything because I think they've done a fantastic job so far with no signs of slowing down.
Without Melee, there'd be no Project M as you know it. Whether-or-not you played it, you're here because of that game.

Spiffykins

Smash Ace
Without the social thread, we would all be forced to derail other threads instead. Thank god that'll never happen.

| Kailex |

I smell like salty coins and milk
NNID
pootis
3DS FC
2578-3225-2678
I had specified yesterday, yes only yesterday, to stay on the social thread all day cuz i was free. And when I came back from college it was locked. Thank you hylian, thank you...

| Kailex |

I smell like salty coins and milk
NNID
pootis
3DS FC
2578-3225-2678
no i meant for locking the thread. And what in the hell is it with the bees, what is it? Im slow

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Bees, everywhere

>mfw Bees

In other news, forced design is forced because Melee

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Everything has pretty much been said in this thread anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom