• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "For my Father" - Lucina Social Thread

Gokart48

Smash Cadet
NNID
Gokart48
Because anyone that wears a mask makes them look evil. Although, a better question would be why is villager on the side of evil?

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
Because anyone that wears a mask makes them look evil. Although, a better question would be why is villager on the side of evil?
"Villager is an axe murderer" meme. Apparently it's a thing even the Japanese think is humorous.

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
I don't know if this was known but after you run, if you stop and use a shield breaker, lucina will slide while doing shield breaker.

Also like this if you are interested in Lucina's metagame. Like you want to keep exploring finding stuff and advance her metagame.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Fun things I do while in the waiting lobby online. Haven't really explored it's uses competitively though, if anything I need to put time in with b-reverse shield breakers.

I'd really like to see Lucina's meta develop, but both her and Marth are slow on discussion these days. I'd love to help push something though before ultimately making her my secondary after a very long run when Corrin releases.

Buffoon

Smash Ace
NNID
Buffoon_on_U
3DS FC
1719-3804-4029
So legit question, why do you think the guy behind Bayonetta put Lucina on the bad guy's side?
There's the (strong) possibility that she'll kill her dad or one of the other Shepards in Chapter 4 if you aren't careful.

She's also considers murdering Robin to ensure her father's survival.

My guess is that she's was placed there as a sort of "noble demon", i.e. one who's willing to commit necessary evils in order to accomplish their goal(s).

Last edited:

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
There's the (strong) possibility that she'll kill her dad or one of the other Shepards in Chapter 4 if you aren't careful.

She's also considers murdering Robin to ensure her father's survival.

My guess is that she's was placed there as a sort of "noble demon", i.e. one who's willing to commit necessary evils in order to accomplish their goal(s).
Hmm. Well, I suppose she could be seen as an adversary at times.

If there ever was a term for something that does not exist, though, it would be "noble demon." I don't think that describes Lucina at all.

Gokart48

Smash Cadet
NNID
Gokart48
I think the word Buffoon was looking for is Pragmatic. Lucina fights for all the good things in her world, but realizes there is a cost to standing up against evil. In the end, it is just a poster and it doesn't mean anything. It just looks nice.

Last edited:

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
Yeah, I think we are giving a little too much attention to the poster. Charizard and Little Mac are on the evil side too, while Ryu is among the good guys (whoever had played Street Fighter knows how monstrous is Evil Ryu).
Still I'm glad they have put her in the poster, since she didn't have one on her own (tecnically she shares it with Robin).

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I agree. All that matters is that they put Lucina in that poster alongside Mega Man, my other main.
I feel the same way about the artists putting Rosalina in Corrin's poster art as well.

Cenizas

The Zelda We Need, But Not the One We Deserve
3DS FC
1032-1809-6196
Happy New Year's, Mopcinas! It's also been a year since we raided you, however it seems that you haven't made much progress since we've you last. Too busy fretting over your knotty, tangled messT of a weave, hm?

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Happy New Year, fellow Lucinas! Let us see what fate has in store for us in 2016.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Lucina still mops.
At least she's slightly more viable than Zelderp.
:196:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I don't get the "Mopcina" memo here...but then again, I don't even want to know.

The Goldenbrawler

Smash Ace
NNID
Frost3
3DS FC
3840-6562-5991
I don't get the "Mopcina" memo here...but then again, I don't even want to know.
Kinda why I don't come here unless I absolutely need to. I saw how some here were hoping she and :4marth: would get buffed, which, I kinda want, but at the same time, I like feeling accomplished when I win with underrated characters like her. :4metaknight: may not be underrated anymore due to Leo, but regardless, him and :4lucina: were the 2 that stood out from like, the other 13 characters I've enjoyed playing throughout this whole year. Them being: :4luigi: :4falcon: :4marth: :4mewtwo: :4falco: :4feroy: :4lucario: :4sonic: :4greninja: :4shulk: :4robinm:/:4robinf: :rosalina: :4cloud:
I shall remain loyal to these 2, may give them another main in company, or just start with secondaries...For now though, I shall focus on these 2, like I probably should've done since the beginning.
EDIT: This is also not taking into account :4bayonetta: or :4corrin:/:4corrinf:. Granted, I'm more of a fan of :4corrin:/:4corrinf: than :4bayonetta:.

Last edited:

EnGarde

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4914-3671-9440
The Roys are currently discussing the Marcina match up, and we'd like your input. :) Please click here to visit the match up thread. Click here to visit the directory thread.

---

A fun tidbit: there's currently a JMU (Joint Match Up Discussion) going on concurrently with the two Discord communities, and during the course of the conversation, we talked about the movement differences between Marth and Lucina. I had always believed that Marth and Lucina had the same movement properties 100% of the time, under all circumtances, so my mind was totally blown to learn that they aren't. I'm sure this is common knowledge here, but man, to know that Lucina IS actually different in certain instances was quite surprising to me lol. Here's the demonstration video.

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
So Marth's Fair and Uair got something like a 2.5% buff in damage. There's like a 99% chance y'all are gettin buffed.

This makes me pretty happy, since I like to mess around with the Fire Emblem crew on occasion.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
I'm not all too sure if this will be the end all to balance patches, but if so I'm incredibly excited to see what Nintendo is bringing to us in the update.

WispBae

Tsundere Princess
NNID
The-Wispy
3DS FC
5343-7751-0954
Hey there, great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great grandaughters of the Hero King! The Doggy boards are currently discussing this MU and would love your input on it!

Click on the cutie Lucina to hop straight to the thread!

... that was 44 "greats", in case you were wondering!

Nobie

Smash Champion
NNID
SDShamshel
3DS FC
2809-8958-8223
Cross-posting this from the competitive forum but I thought you Lucina fans should know this:

I asked Ranai in his twitch chat what he thought of Lucina after the new patch.

"She's like a new character now. She's become a normal character."

Take it from Japan's best player: Lucina's okay now.

GunBlaze

Smash Lord
Slippi.gg
GBLZ#778
Cross-posting this from the competitive forum but I thought you Lucina fans should know this:

I'm taking your word as one of the people who can edit the patch notes. But anyway, **** YEAH!

The Goldenbrawler

Smash Ace
NNID
Frost3
3DS FC
3840-6562-5991

I've mained Lucina since launch, but seeing all her buffs is definitely helpful as well. :3

exnecross

Smash Journeyman
I'm a little confused. Did Lucina also get range increases and reduced lag on ftilt / utilt / jab1 / dmash?

Tarastel

Claymore
NNID
Tarastel
So far as the range goes, nothing is showing up. The "range" increase for Marth is actually bigger tipper hitboxes, which wouldn't really apply to her. As for the reduced lag, think that's still in the lab.

theanjo

Smash Rookie
From what I tested, Lucina got the same end lag reductions Marth did. All I did to test was do 1/4 speed (Hold L) in training mode with two controllers. Attacks had the same animations, and the two brought up their shields at the exact same time for Jab1, Ftilt,Utilt, and Dsmash.

Green Zelda

Smash Journeyman

welp, looks like i'm officially stuck maining lucy :laugh:

Tarastel

Claymore
NNID
Tarastel
Lucina's range has increased! Before she used to have a shorter range fair than Marth who in turn had a shorter ranged fair than Sheik. She can now out space Sheik when comparing their fairs.

Go to page 85 of
Seizon Senryaku: Marth General

There you can find video demonstrations.

/Lucina

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Katsie
Hey guys! I'm a new member and a Lucina main since Smash 4 first released. Nice to meet you all.

When I played Lucina for the first time after 1.1.4 dropped I could have sworn it felt like I had increased range on many of my sword attacks, including forward air. I'm happy to see that it wasn't just a placebo effect on my part, but rather a real buff! I am always watching for buffs to Lucinarth, and seeing an increase in range made me a very happy Lucina indeed.

LordWilliam1234

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
7820-3654-7995
I think this is the place to put this. I got to checking through Lucina's frame data so you can compare her safety on shield compared to Marth's. All of Marth's frame changes apply to Lucina, of course. And for some reason Lucina's Jab 1 IASA to Jab 2 is still one frame later than Marth's.

Top Bottom