• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "For my Father" - Lucina Social Thread

/Lucina

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Katsie
Make sure you dont jump right after the ledge. I sometimes did that before and would SD thinking I still had my midair jump
I've done that too. Early on playing Lucina I'd also fastfall to dair - BAD idea in most cases.

Jaypen7

Smash Cadet
In my experience, Dolphin Slash is amazing at stage spiking. I've gotten KO's below 20% from catching people as they're going for the ledge.

I'd strongly recommend getting comfortable with Marcina's off-stage game, keeping players away from the ledge is an area both of them excel at.
I'm very comfortable off stage, I just wouldn't go for a spike

/Lucina

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Katsie
In my experience, Dolphin Slash is amazing at stage spiking. I've gotten KO's below 20% from catching people as they're going for the ledge.

I'd strongly recommend getting comfortable with Marcina's off-stage game, keeping players away from the ledge is an area both of them excel at.
You have the cutest avatar omg I wanna hug itt

Strong-Arm

Smash Ace
NNID
stormfury
3DS FC
2836-0207-2430
My GF plays smash and does well. She mostly plays Corrin/Lucario tho. So yeah girl smashers are still kinda rare which is sad. I dont know why there arent more of them

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Pretty sure someday they'll come a time when a girl smasher attempts to make an impact and make a name for herself.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Smasher girls aren't that rare.
GOOD Smasher girls are rare tho.
I'm barely placed 15th at my 30ish-player community, I want to improve but have no means to.
:196:

Strong-Arm

Smash Ace
NNID
stormfury
3DS FC
2836-0207-2430
But yes, not to change the subject, I am new to the Lucina boards. I used to play her when the game came out but she was pretty bad (sorry). But these recent buffs have changed my mind and she covers some of Clouds bad MUs pretty well. So I picked her up again. Hello everyone *bows

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I've played as Lucina back when the two games came out but I had to drop her, not because she was full of ****, but because I haven't been using her as much as I thought I would. I eventually invested my time into playing as her again and pick her back up and make room for her as one of my mains again.
I always welcome other Lucina mains with open arms.

D

Deleted member

I'm a girl smasher but granted I'm not too great at the game. D:

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
hey Loc, well I was involved in a traffic accident, nothing notable to report, but it left me all thoughtful on things like life and death and love and birth and peace and war in he planet earth, and how thankful I am with what I have.

Oh yeah, and a lot of recent determination to become a better player/TO/commentator (when we stream).

Locuan

D&D Obsessed
BRoomer
Kinda mellow over here. Haven't been playing much.
Same here, not much playing the game anymore.
hey Loc, well I was involved in a traffic accident, nothing notable to report, but it left me all thoughtful on things like life and death and love and birth and peace and war in he planet earth, and how thankful I am with what I have.

Oh yeah, and a lot of recent determination to become a better player/TO/commentator (when we stream).
I hope you are much better now! Bad traffic accidents are just horrid. I don't know if I've sat down to think about those recently. Or if maybe I'm avoiding it altogether. I have in the past though.

Let us know if you stream, that way we can help you out if we spot anything you can improve on.

7NATOR

Smash Master
Has Lucina moved up the tier list, and (DON'T YOU DARE TELL ME TIERS ARE FOR QUEERS, IMA MAKE YOU AS DELICOUS AS COCO PUFFS)......

I will edit that out...

FamilyTeam

This strength serves more than me alone.
NNID
MontanaCity
Oh hallo everyone.
Honestly, I find it kinda hard to believe that I never posted here before, considering I'm a pretty big Lucina fanboy... Well, how are you all? What do you good people tend to talk about?

And well, talking about tier lists, I very much doubt Lucina won't move up a couple of spaces after the last patch. Lucina and Marth are pretty good, right now.

7NATOR

Smash Master
Oh hallo everyone.
Honestly, I find it kinda hard to believe that I never posted here before, considering I'm a pretty big Lucina fanboy... Well, how are you all? What do you good people tend to talk about?

And well, talking about tier lists, I very much doubt Lucina won't move up a couple of spaces after the last patch. Lucina and Marth are pretty good, right now.

Well since I am fairly new here, I can't tell you that

what I can you is that I am doing well, how are you doing?

i'm guessing they talk about tournaments and stuff

Last edited:

FamilyTeam

NNID
MontanaCity
Well since I am fairly new here, I can't tell you that

what I can you is that I am doing well, how are you doing?

i'm guessing they talk about tournaments and stuff
Ah, I'm fine, I guess.
Well, I thought around here, we'd talk about Lucina in general... People seemed to be doing that a few pages ago.

Hm, if that's the case, do any of you remember my old thread about Crossplaying? Well, I decided to do it in the end. I bought my cosplay a few weeks ago and it's gonna be finished by May, I believe. Great, it's gonna be near my birthday!
I only ordered her vest, her shoulder pads and those... things she wears on her legs, though. The rest I'm gonna have to get myself, which I guess won't be too difficult except the wig and crown/tiara

Strong-Arm

Smash Ace
NNID
stormfury
3DS FC
2836-0207-2430
Im in the process of really wanting to play Lucina, but everyone locally and my friends are hounding on me to only play Cloud and no one else *sighs

FamilyTeam

NNID
MontanaCity
I don't know what my friends want me to do. The two characters I play the most in this game are Mario and Lucina.
  • "But eeeeeww you're so annoying as Mario, you just need to rack up damage and then you spam random Smashes until you get a kill, Mario is so braindead."
  • "Hmph, you use Lucina. Your only valid reason to use her is because you like her, Lucina is so much worse than Marth, what a bottom tier clone she is."
I'm guessing if I actually went ahead with my plans on playing Dark Pit as a secondary they'd manage to find something to moan to me about it as well.

7NATOR

Smash Master
Im in the process of really wanting to play Lucina, but everyone locally and my friends are hounding on me to only play Cloud and no one else *sighs

Really, people actually tell you to play cloud

I thought people didn't like him competitively

Anyway, just play Lucina,Play Lucina..,, Do what your guts tells you to

CanadianCourage

Smash Cadet
Ah, I'm fine, I guess.
Well, I thought around here, we'd talk about Lucina in general... People seemed to be doing that a few pages ago.

Hm, if that's the case, do any of you remember my old thread about Crossplaying? Well, I decided to do it in the end. I bought my cosplay a few weeks ago and it's gonna be finished by May, I believe. Great, it's gonna be near my birthday!
I only ordered her vest, her shoulder pads and those... things she wears on her legs, though. The rest I'm gonna have to get myself, which I guess won't be too difficult except the wig and crown/tiara
U also NEED the butterfly mask or you can't cosplay as my waifu.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070

I feel like this is what Lucina thinks whenever she sees she hasn't reach Top 64 or 32 at any Major Tournament. :secretkpop:

I think ESAM does best in explaining the thought process:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uTXPCgR62_k
Funny that I want to improve my Lucina, and like he said; be the best. And that Lucina is kind of my best character at the moment. And pretty much my only dedicated main.

FamilyTeam

NNID
MontanaCity
U also NEED the butterfly mask or you can't cosplay as my waifu.
Oh.
Well, then, I guess I'll need to make it...
Well, I'll get the vest, the shoulder pads and the things she wears on her legs, and what'll be left is her undershirt, her shoes, her gloves, her sword, and her wig and tiara. I'll see if the mask is something feasible. It'll definitely help me hide my boy's face. (I'll be using a lot of makeup anyway)

CanadianCourage

Smash Cadet
Oh.
Well, then, I guess I'll need to make it...
Well, I'll get the vest, the shoulder pads and the things she wears on her legs, and what'll be left is her undershirt, her shoes, her gloves, her sword, and her wig and tiara. I'll see if the mask is something feasible. It'll definitely help me hide my boy's face. (I'll be using a lot of makeup anyway)
You can buy a nice looking one online. I'm not a cosplayer but I am buying one because shes so great. Its only like $140 so im also getting her version of the sword.

FamilyTeam

NNID
MontanaCity
You can buy a nice looking one online. I'm not a cosplayer but I am buying one because shes so great. Its only like $140 so im also getting her version of the sword.
140 dollars?
I bought all the stuff I already mentioned for less than that.

FamilyTeam

NNID
MontanaCity
Wow. You're more eager to get those than I am...
maybe you could show it when it arrives.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Has Lucina moved up the tier list, and (DON'T YOU DARE TELL ME TIERS ARE FOR QUEERS, IMA MAKE YOU AS DELICOUS AS COCO PUFFS)......

I will edit that out...
Tiers are for ****** like ZeRo. Period.

Last edited:

FamilyTeam

NNID
MontanaCity
Tier lists or not, we still can't deny Lucina probably isn't the most viable thing in the world.
Me still likey her~

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I wouldn't be maining her it was about her placement on the **** list.
I main my characters based on who they are and I..."likey"...them.

Last edited:

FamilyTeam

NNID
MontanaCity
Hey guys, I've made progress on the cosplay!
I bought her shoes!
And by that I mean I bought some blue shoes that hopefully won't look out of place when I wear the rest of the cosplay. I actually found some blue boots that looked nearly exactly like what I needed, but they costed like, 65 dollars. That's waaaaaaay over my budget.

Jaypen7

Smash Cadet
Hey guys, where would I go to find a training budd- err partner. Wanna further improve my Lucina game. Or can one of you guys help me out?

Green Zelda

Smash Journeyman
Does anyone else start find it hilarious how whenever you're in a quiet match (because everyone's focusing), lucina randomly shouts something like "HUUUH!"

Last edited:

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I... don't know why, I found myself do pretty well when using Lucina even than Roy. So I think I will consider her as my main as well.

Top Bottom