• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "For my Father" - Lucina Social Thread

jamesster445

Smash Lord
I kinda want to do this for every character, I wonder if there is a thread for this...
I originally made the entire move set its own thread but a mod moved my post to this one. So not sure where to make or share a thread full of hypothetical move sets.

AUnique

Smash Rookie
NNID
JJP12345
3DS FC
1907-9476-3113
Greetings everyone! I'm kinda new here on Smashboards.

I've been into competitive Smash for a while now, maining both Lucina and Mario, but have come to the conclusion I reached the limit of how much one can improve by solely playing For Glory and reading character strategies and terminologies.

This, and the fact I have no one to fight me and assess my progress, has led me here with the purpose of meeting people to play with, learn from, and if the opportunity presents itself, help in any way I can.

Now that I've stated my intentions, I hope I can learn lots of things from all of you!

See you around I guess?

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend

I've been into competitive Smash for a while now, maining both Lucina and Mario, but have come to the conclusion I reached the limit of how much one can improve by solely playing For Glory and reading character strategies and terminologies.

This, and the fact I have no one to fight me and assess my progress, has led me here with the purpose of meeting people to play with, learn from, and if the opportunity presents itself, help in any way I can.

Now that I've stated my intentions, I hope I can learn lots of things from all of you!

See you around I guess?
Looking for chalengers eh?
Look here. There are some threads on this forum for this purpose. (Though this thread is good for advice on how to perfect your Lucina.)

http://smashboards.com/forums/wii-u-3ds-general-discussion.290/

Last edited:

AUnique

Smash Rookie
NNID
JJP12345
3DS FC
1907-9476-3113
Looking for chalengers eh?
Look here. There are some threads on this forum for this purpose. (Though this thread is good for advice on how to perfect your Lucina.)

http://smashboards.com/forums/wii-u-3ds-general-discussion.290/
Well, not exactly "challengers" as in someone to test my skills against, but more like a "mentoring" kind of thing, although I believe it sounds rude asking anyone for something like that.

That aside, thanks for the reply, I'll check it out whenever I can

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
REALLY wanting to try and squeeze time in for events again since I miss playing Lucina. But my god this fall has been crazy. Proves I need to mature mentally a lot and get a better grasp on responsibilities.

MechaGary

Smash Cadet

See you around I guess?
Add me dude! I'm looking for people who want to Skype and theory craft while we play. I think it would be really beneficial since we both main Lucina!

MechaGary

Smash Cadet
You know what? Nothing is better than the unspoken rule that when you get the Lucina - Marth matchup, you both taunt to start the match. I love that matchup. It's always so much fun.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Eh, I'm not a fan of the Marth and Lucina matchup. From experience, whenever I beat someone using Lucina, they had the urge to switch to Marth to try and beat me. It gets boring really quick it's not even funny.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
When is not funny is when the opposing Marth tries to cheese you out by spamming Fsmash after you hit 60%. And then they get the ridiculously early kill. Ugh.
:196:

MechaGary

Smash Cadet
Eh, I'm not a fan of the Marth and Lucina matchup. From experience, whenever I beat someone using Lucina, they had the urge to switch to Marth to try and beat me. It gets boring really quick it's not even funny.
I get the opposite of that every time. If I beat someones main with Lucina, they switch to Marth to try and beat me.

I really enjoy the matchup because it's fun trying to out space Marth without getting tippered.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I get the opposite of that every time. If I beat someones main with Lucina, they switch to Marth to try and beat me.

I really enjoy the matchup because it's fun trying to out space Marth without getting tippered.
That's the only satisfying thing about the matchup, spacing out Marth without giving you the tip and then beat him.

"This...is the Hero King?" :4lucina:

Last edited:

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
Hello Lucina boards!

Maybe you guys saw this news story talking about Zelda with experts? I'm expanding into other characters and one I would be VERY interested in covering is Lucina. But I need some help from you guys. Anyone know some Lucina mains that I could call on as experts with some results or such to back em up? If so, where can I contact them?

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
I know Nairo and Ryo used her, but I am unsure how seriously they have been.
NEO could be a reference, but I am not sure either, he's always been a Marth player iirc.
Broly Legs might be a good beginning.

Locuan

D&D Obsessed
BRoomer
Hello Lucina boards!

Maybe you guys saw this news story talking about Zelda with experts? I'm expanding into other characters and one I would be VERY interested in covering is Lucina. But I need some help from you guys. Anyone know some Lucina mains that I could call on as experts with some results or such to back em up? If so, where can I contact them?
Apart from what Kyokoro has mentioned @Excel_Zero previously mained her and got great results in Puerto Rico.

Last edited:

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
I'd say Neo, but with his transition to Marth it may hurt the case over help it.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
It's funny how underrated Lucina is. And well I don't care about that, because it just means I get to surprise people by beating them

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I find it more difficult to main more than 5-6 characters in the game, which is too much for me. I don't have any secondaries either nor do I intend to find some. I'm happy with the characters I main now...at least until the next DLC patch comes out.

SherrdreamZ

Jubilant Adept Princess
NNID
SherrdreamZ
Im thinking if i want to seriously manage going to a tourney im going to need a Main that Covers the Ones that Lucina is highly disadvantaged against. Formerly my Secondary was Peach in Melee/Brawl but recently ive enjoyed Zelda quite a bit however she's honestly not as efficient in high level play as others. I have Pocketed Robin but never looked into her all that much, and i don't know that the play-style is going to help me in Tourney playing covering for Lucina should i decide to get involved.

The consensus ive come to is to pickup Rosalina as a secondary as she covers the weakspots in the roster Lucina suffers to, and has a play-style and developed Character that im fond of. "Flipping Mario Lore On It's Head" anyway im conflicted about actually doing so as i have already been banned for a time whilst playing Lucina in FG, and i know people don't like campy/safe Rosa's and that might just get me banned more often due to people upping the ante on random complaints. Sad that this is such a forefront worry to me.. but honestly id rather not deal with the possibility. :glare:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I've been trying out Rosalina lately too. I have mixed feelings about her playstyle, but I do like her.. dunno if she'd be my secondary tho..

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Rosalina has always been my main since the 3DS version came out. As a matter of fact, I was already gonna main her ever since she was confirmed for Sm4sh nearly two years ago. I still main her to this day, no matter what anyone says.

And regarding what SherrdreamZ said about the random complaints people make in For Glory, it is one of the main reasons why I don't play it very much. There are some, if not many, who are just way too sensitive about certain **** such as losing that they felt like the need to report their opponent just for being "too good" or whatever without the opponent knowing (unless that person changes their name tag to "REPORTED" that is). Hell, there's a chance I might've gotten reported by someone for beating them or something they just didn't appreciate.

That's all the more reasons why I prefer to play online with friends instead of that disease-stricken environment that is For Glory...but unfortunately, I don't have that many people on my Friends List who aren't active very much.

Metallinatus

Smash Lord
Rosalina is the newcomer that got me hyped the most ever since her announcement too and automatically became my first main when the game was released.... Lucina came to become my third main in the game.... but I got the feeling I already said this all in this very thread....
Anyway, thinking of it, I've been through 5 mains in this game and all of them were females, interesting enough :p
But I think I finally found my home with Samus.... she has been one of my favorites in every game after all.

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I've kind of let go of a main just for now. Even though technically Lucina is my main, I have much more fun switching itup. I have about 10 characters I like to play around with. Yoshi is one of my new faves, so fun and good. Training with Rosalina on the sidelines too, havent mastered her yet.

Timmay08

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Timmay08
Yo, been a while Lucina boards.

I've kind of let go of a main just for now. Even though technically Lucina is my main, I have much more fun switching itup. I have about 10 characters I like to play around with. Yoshi is one of my new faves, so fun and good. Training with Rosalina on the sidelines too, havent mastered her yet.
I've definitely experimented with a bunch of other characters. Although I don't play Smash 4 competitively, I still play with mates and it's almost never with Lucina anymore. She get's a bit dry to play after a while and sometimes I get the urge to moisten it up with Sheik, Pacman and ZSS. Maybe I haven't explored Lucina enough yet and maybe I'm giving up on her a little too soon though. I guess when I start breaking shields and get better so as to do exciting things, I'll find her more of an interesting character to play.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
This buff feels... trivial...
DB links better at mid percentages, and feels easier to just mash the button and get the combo... but that's it.
That doesn't address any problem. ugh.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
I've got a goal for this board. I'd like for at least one video to make it to this thread. Find someone notable, MM if you have to and lets get our character on the map.

Oh and ofc, lets aim for a win

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

So...did Marcina not receive anything significant this patch? D:

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Dancing Blade got some changes, I mean as long as they're doing something each patch I can't really complain.

FairyLip

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SmoothJazz
Omega Form stages are renamed "Lucina's chest form" stages, how does this affect the meta?

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
So legit question, why do you think the guy behind Bayonetta put Lucina on the bad guy's side?

Did Funahashi totally not understand the concept of Lucina past that one cutscene, or what?

Top Bottom