• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "For my Father" - Lucina Social Thread

CommanderRin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Susazu-And-Rin
That dress Lucina wears in the OST art reminds me of Palutena's.

Also still butt hurt that they didn't give Lucina anything different in Smash

Do customs significantly improve this character? I feel like they do.
Dashing Assault is everything I could ever want it to be. Iai Counter and Crescent
They're decent, but I mean, customs won't likely be a part of the meta anymore.

Crescent Slash was a favorite of mine but makes lai counter hard to use off-stage.

Now that Vanilla Slash (Normal Up-B) is buffed and kills at the edge around ~110 I'd use it over any other custom.

Last edited by a moderator:

CommanderRin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Susazu-And-Rin
Customs can return if we don't accept them as dead.
:196:
That'll need a lot more "we" than now. I'm doubtful that they'll get another chance tbh.

Kind of disappointing but there's a lot of annoying customs as well so I don't really have an opinion on what's better.

T

Trick or Treat

I've always been hesitant to use most customs, after getting so used to using defaults.

I was afraid to switch any of Peach's moves because I've already felt 100% comfortable with her specials.

My #1 main is Jigglypuff and I could probably find use for Side Special and Up Special customs, but no way am I going to switch the other two.

Lucina I could consider switching but it doesn't seem as worth it to me when customs will likely be more uncommon.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
That'll need a lot more "we" than now. I'm doubtful that they'll get another chance tbh.

Kind of disappointing but there's a lot of annoying customs as well so I don't really have an opinion on what's better.
Well, if "we" is big enough....
Seriously, they might be annoying but all of them are beatable. Just look at the biggest customs tournament, it had the same Top 8 as any other tournament, top 32 had no Donkeys and like 2 villagers who didn't make it too awfully far.

Marth and Lucina need some relearning with customs, I SD'd a lot with Crescent Slash at the beginning after years of using the Max range of Dolphin Slash, but in the end is worth the tradeoff to kill people like Sheik and MK pretty early.

CommanderRin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Susazu-And-Rin
Hmm, I'd rather focus on the current meta than hoping that customs become widely accepted.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Tournament bound tonight, hoping to do well since it'll be out of state. Ofc all Lucina because I wouldn't have it any other way. Not sure of my chances on being featured on stream, but here is the link anyway. http://www.twitch.tv/sixfortyfive

Locuan

D&D Obsessed
BRoomer
Marcina's customs, mainly Iaia counter and Crescent Slash, provide good flexibility. Especially in a lot of match-ups. For example, when customs were legal, I would use Crescent Slash in many match-ups bar those that had characters with projectiles that were able to catch Marcina's recovery pretty easily (which often meant the loss of a stock). Crescent Slash lets you take opponent's stocks really easily if they are not aware of what the move can do.

Last edited:

Buffoon

Smash Ace
NNID
Buffoon_on_U
3DS FC
1719-3804-4029
I was fighting a buddy's Marth earlier when I noticed something odd; it seems that Lucina's counter cannot damage Marth when contact is made in the middle of his Dolphin Slash, while Marth's Counter CAN catch Lucina in the middle of her Dolphin Slash.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
After dropping Lucina as one of my mains as a result of not using her as much as I thought I would, I was able to find the effort to pick her back up again during my last For Glory session. Man, how much I missed playing as her.

D

Deleted member

I'm having a bit of a crisis at the moment.
As a Marth main, I also play a lot of Lucina. She's even ranked #1 as my most played character in the Wii U version of Smash (I used to play her way more than Marth when I first got the game).
I get the notion that you can only play one or the other and I feel weird for playing as both of them. Is it just me that thinks this way?

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
My first Lucina match since picking her back up as one of my mains again. And who did I get paired up with?

I'm having a bit of a crisis at the moment.
As a Marth main, I also play a lot of Lucina. She's even ranked #1 as my most played character in the Wii U version of Smash (I used to play her way more than Marth when I first got the game).
I get the notion that you can only play one or the other and I feel weird for playing as both of them. Is it just me that thinks this way?
Probably just you. I don't use Marth at all aside from Classic and All-Star modes.

Puff-Man

Smash Cadet
NNID
iiFoxx_Puffii
So I discovered that at high percents when using dancing blade's first hit on an opponent up close the slide or move forward but when hitting with it at the tip of the blade they go in an upwards direction. I didn't know what to call this but I decided to call it a sweet spot because it benefits her more maybe. And I know that this is almost useless but I thought it was just a cool thing. Also jab can combo to up b at high percents too.

Last edited:

The Goldenbrawler

Smash Ace
NNID
Frost3
3DS FC
3840-6562-5991
So I'm maining Lucina and Meta Knight, as I have been since the 3ds version, and predicted I'd play them when they were revealed. Anyways, I'm wondering if I should pick up a 3rd as well. Specifically wondering between Greninja and Lucario. There are also minor characters that I THOUGHT of picking, but am meh on, such as Rosalina, Captain Falcon, Robin, and Mewtwo. Any thoughts?

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
It hurts not to try any character.
Like, it doesn't matter if they cover matchups or not, as long as you feel comfortable with them.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Dude, So far I have only truly dedicated time to Sonic, MK, and Lucina.
But I still play as many games with other characters as I can because I find them fun.
Heck, I've even taken tournament games with Random (literally Random) Mewtwo, Sheik, Lucario and Link.
Play as many friendlies as necessary until you begin discarding characters.

AlvisCPU

Smash Ace
NNID
GaleSlash
3DS FC
2492-4221-0172
This may be of interest. Especially to Fire Emblem fans, and those looking into Project X Zone 2.

I haven't been on SB for a while, but I had to come back because

GUYSGUYSGUYSGUYSGUYSGUYS

First Shulk makes it into Super Smash Bros.

Then Fiora makes it into Project X Zone.

(And this time, Chrom won't be getting his chance another day!)

Edit: Video. Once again, Xeno spoilers (if you've not completed Galahad Fortress.)

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
They got Conquest ~Ablaze and and Divine Decree ~Ablaze as battle themes. Nice.

Also Segata's damage output is saddeningly low.
Solo units can't improve their stats and they only scale with the pair unit you set them to so their damage output will always be kinda crap.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Even with Chrom, Lucina and Fiora appearing in Project X Zone 2, I won't be getting it. I still haven't finished Project X Zone at this point. I don't think I ever will considering how boring that game was starting to become.

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
Got my Lucina Figma today.

That is all.

And it looks like a girl and not a guy.

Eat it Sakurai.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I was fortunate enough to have a Lucina amiibo in my collection.

I even have a Japanese import of her, too.

jamesster445

Smash Lord
As part of something like a blog series that I've started doing recently called Virtual Dojo, I made a redacted move set for Lucina. Anyway please view and let me know what you think of the move set or the format it's presented in.

Rango the Mercenary

The Mercenary
3DS FC
2320-6400-7280
Am I the only one who doesn't get the Lucina bashing? Early in the game's life, people said Lucina doesn't compare to Marth because of kill power. Of course, that's on paper. In a tourney, I can see a pro Marth player using FSmash at 150%, and despite proper spacing, the opponent gets into sourspot range, survives, and kills the Marth instead. With Lucina, I feel her FSmash kills are more guaranteed rather than taking a risk.

That said, I prefer Lucina to Marth since I feel her kill ratio is more reliable.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
As part of something like a blog series that I've started doing recently called Virtual Dojo, I made a redacted move set for Lucina. Anyway please view and let me know what you think of the move set or the format it's presented in.

Oh... You did it first...And much better than me... Oh well... I've been trying to declone, and balance characters as if they were in the next smash game. I feel like I did well on some characters (such as Pichu) others...Not so much. Unfortunately, Lucina is one of those characters. It's mainly because I have never played a Fire Emblem game, but I ended up just speeding up a lot of her attacks and calling her a combo based character. I guess I'll post it here anyway. (in a spoiler box) (blue is cosmetic, or uncertain to be a buff or nerf, green is a buff, red is a nerf.)
Lucina’s Neutral Attack is now a three hit combo. The first his is exactly like before, the second hit looks similar to Roy’s Neutral Attack, the third hit is a stab.
Overall, it does 2% more damage than before.
Lucina has a new Forward Tilt. She does a horizontal slice.
It has more horizontal range
It is faster

It has less vertical range
Up Tilt is faster
Lucina has a new Dash Attack. She attacks in a similar fashion to how she attacked Captain Falcon in her and Robin’s trailer.
It has more range
It is faster

Lucina has a new Forward Smash. She does a leap as she bring her sword down similar to Link’s jump slash.
It has more range and power.
Forward areal is has more range.

It is slightly faster.
Her Back Areal is now a stab.
It has more KO power.
It has less vertical range.
Her Up Areal has more KO Power
Lucina’s Throws have less knockback.
They are easier to combo with.
Lucina’s Shield Breaker now acts like Marth’s did in Melee, charging slower, but dealing more damage, and attacking faster. It has more edge guarding potential.
I kinda want to do this for every character, I wonder if there is a thread for this...

Top Bottom