• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

For Marth fans!

zachp378

Smash Rookie
There is an extremely high chance that Marth will return for SSBB. Ike is a heavyweight character, as opposed to Marth, who is rather speedy. Also, there is a remake of the original Fire Emblem coming for the DS, in which Marth is the main character.

Zevox

Smash Lord
would any of you by any chance be anti roy??
Anti-Roy as in "I don't like Roy?" No.

Anti-Roy as in "he shouldn't be in SSB at all?" No.

Anti-Roy as in "he shouldn't be in Brawl over other FE characters?" Yep.

Anyway, mayhaps the discussion could be moved to the thread Okysho linked a few posts up.

Zevox

hello_kitty

Smash Journeyman
I thought Marth was replaced by Ike. hmm. well Marth is the first icon, so I can accept him but there's also the possibility of getting dumped like Ninten/Ness did, so he's still possible to not return (which is what I hope) and what else? Oh yes and the two later games of his are just remakes, I don't know if that count's as separate games, but if it's not then Ike(and Elincia) are the actual lords who have appeared more than once.

SirroMinus1

SiNiStEr MiNiStEr
NNID
Ajarudaru
Marth is definitely in brawl. i got no proof but i think he is in (with alot of nerfs:urg:) he is my main to so i hope he stays the same.

Zevox

Smash Lord
I thought Marth was replaced by Ike. hmm. well Marth is the first icon, so I can accept him but there's also the possibility of getting dumped like Ninten/Ness did, so he's still possible to not return (which is what I hope) and what else? Oh yes and the two later games of his are just remakes, I don't know if that count's as separate games, but if it's not then Ike(and Elincia) are the actual lords who have appeared more than once.
Mystery of the Emblem was much more than just a remake - it added an entire second "book" to Marth's story, which more than doubled the size of the game. The first half of the game was his first game, The Dark Dragon and the Sword of Light, remade. The second was all-new, with an all-new story to it, effectively a sequel in its own right.

Fire Emblem DS is also going to include new content. Little has been revealed thus far, but there is known to be at least one new character, plus some content from the original which was cut from the remake in Mystery of the Emblem.

Zevox

Zevox

Smash Lord
Then in that case Elincia is the only female lord to be recurring. ;)
Not really, since she was only a Lord in one of the two games she appeared in. She was little more than a prop for most of Path of Radiance, and when she was playable during it, she could be left behind and "killed" (she ran away if she hit 0 hp) without any problems.

Plus her role in Radiant Dawn is only secondary to that of Ike and Micaiah anyway.

Zevox

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
Plus Marth is way more important than Elincia to the series anyway. And it's pretty obvious that Ike is far from a Marth clone (his attacks look more like Link's, but slower than Bowser). It seems almost as if Sakurai was deliberatly trying to make Ike as different from Marth as possible, suggesting that they will most likely both be available if for nothing else to show a dramatic contrast in styles. Two Blue haired swordsmen with capes that fight nothing like each other would be quite a statement to the diversity of swordplay.

That anti-Marth guy sure did make me laugh...

Nothing has been done to indicate that Marth is being replaced, and if he's not replaced, who gets his moveset? Or is Sakurai just going to throw away content instead of reusing it with modifications like he did with Lucas?

SuperShrine

Smash Rookie
Hi, I´m nice to meet you all.

Well, I want to say that Marth is a really good character, and Ike is good too; so I´m not here to fight with Ike´s fans.

I don´t think that Marth will be replaced by Ike; first of all he is the first of all Fire Emblem series, he was and is, the first Lord, the first hero and the first who encountered a lot combats, doing a really good tactic. And Marth has a lot of fans, I don´t think Sakurai will throw him, just because Ike is newer than him; cuz, he never will be like Marth. He is unique for his abilities, movement and personality; he never will replace him, with nobody.

Never surrender in battle, no when is still hope!;)

Timekeeper

Smash Cadet
Is there any photoshopped images of Marth with the Dojo character background available?

Ryudo_Sama

Smash Ace
I don't see why Marth would be replaced, besides being the first lord and in three games. Marth is very different from Ike. Marth of course is fast, but Ike is slow; and has a whole different moveset than him. The only thing similar is the counter I think.

Williampettysan

Smash Journeyman
I don't see why Marth would be replaced, besides being the first lord and in three games. Marth is very different from Ike. Marth of course is fast, but Ike is slow; and has a whole different moveset than him. The only thing similar is the counter I think.
Well i'm sure Marcus has been in around three games as well. Anyway, Ike is far from a Marth clone. Though i'm sorry but since they both are thought of fire users I think Roy's out. :ohwell: But Marth would most likley stay in. :O

Top Bottom