• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

For All you people who think brawl will never have combos look at this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
yea he was and velocity is really good. Chibo mains Sonic. so before u say something learn background first
Just because he's not using his main doesn't me he should magically start DI:ing, jumping and air controlling towards his oppponent while being comboed (and not even try to aerial them or airdodge or simply DI:ing away).

He didn't just suck as in "He played R.O.B. badly". He sucked as in he did everything he possibly could wrong. I don't care how good you think he is. In that one video, he sucked.

Velocity

Smash Lord
your over examining the video and he tries to airdodge in video look would you, also whoever said they'd like to see me do this against someone that doesn't suck I don't think m2k sucks I don't think some of the people i played in TA suck , lol once again I accept 100$ money from yuna if your ever in the states, pssh , also I think its funny that everyone thinks i just spam **** and my strategy is hoping and spamming moves cleary thanks for telling me what I'm thinking from 40 secs of video

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
your over examining the video and he tries to airdodge in video
It's not over-examining it. It's taking a mere glance at it and being able to tell right away that the R.O.B. sucked in that one game (or at least that portion of it). I make no conclusive judgement on his overall skill. But in that specific portion of that specific game, he did everything he possibly could wrong.

The OP also posted that video claiming it's proof of how combos exist in Brawl. I'm merely pointing out why that combo wouldn't work on any with half a brain.

look would you, also whoever said they'd like to see me do this against someone that doesn't suck I don't think m2k sucks I don't think some of the people i played in TA suck , lol once again I accept 100$ money from yuna if your ever in the states, pssh
Did any of those people fall for that "combo" by the end there or anything remotely like it? If they did, then I'll personally fly to the states, wrestle M2K down and ask him what the f*ck he was doing.

also I think its funny that everyone thinks i just spam **** and my strategy is hoping and spamming moves cleary thanks for telling me what I'm thinking from 40 secs of video
Maybe you magically anticipated that he'd DI, air-control and jump towards you during the combo? And that he wouldn't even try to DI away, which is why you were mostly stationary and not , you know, jumping forward with your follow-ups?

We only have those 40 seconds of video. No one's said "The R.O.B.-player is the worst Brawl-player ever!" or "Velocity is just a lucky spammer". What we did say was "That R.O.B.-player really sucked during those 40 seconds and the video does in no way prove that combos exist as that combo only works on idiots (temporary insanity or not)" and "Velocity did nothing special there".

Really, you did noting impressive in the video. All you might've done was anticipate just how sucky the R.O.B.-player was going to play and predict his horrendous DI and lack of any attempt of getting out of the "combo". Kudos to you for being able to predict stupidity.

No, really, I'm sure you guys are good players. But in one video (which is, you know, the whole basis for this thread and thus highly relevant), R.O.B. sucked and what you did wasn't really impressive (you didn't suck, but you didn't exactly shine either since didn't see you win because of great mindgaming, technical skill, comboing or even DI-chasing, we saw you win because R.O.B. flat out sucked balls).

In conclusion: This is not a rub on your or Chibosempai's skill. I have yet to actually see enough of you two to judge that. It's a judgement on that 40-second video clip and the premise of this entire thread ("This video proves combos exist in Brawl!").

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
holy ****, bold police used the bold italic underline combo

DAMMMMMMMMM
MMMMMM

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
yea he was and velocity is really good. Chibo mains Sonic. so before u say something learn background first
lol, calm down. You're telling me that I shouldn't make statements about how someone did in a video until I learn everything about him? It's pretty clear - Chibo tried to use a fair, an attack with a rather slow startup time compared to G&W's aerials, to break out, DIing and drifting the entire time into more of G&W's attacks. He did this about three times. Eventually he seemed to figure out this wasn't working and air-dodged into the ground right next to a charged smash.

I'd say that was a series of poor decisions that could've been avoided at one of six different points.

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
lol, calm down. You're telling me that I shouldn't make statements about how someone did in a video until I learn everything about him? It's pretty clear - Chibo tried to use a fair, an attack with a rather slow startup time compared to G&W's aerials, to break out, DIing and drifting the entire time into more of G&W's attacks. He did this about three times. Eventually he seemed to figure out this wasn't working and air-dodged into the ground right next to a charged smash.

I'd say that was a series of poor decisions that could've been avoided at one of six different points.
Poor decisions no player priding himself with title of "At least competent Smasher" should ever make, especially not in such rapid succession.

Really, this has got to stop. This is the 2nd time in a short period of time where someone posted a video claiming it's proof combos exist in Brawl and that we suck for not figuring it out on our own only to have the video turn out to feature someone sucking balls (if at least in that one video) while the other is capitalizing on their sucking (and both times it featured Rob sucking balls and attempting to get out of a combo using Fair).

And then when we point out why that combo couldn't possibly work on anyone good, people get mad.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
i really love how we had a DAAMMMMMM good thing going, and yuna had to come in and ruin it

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
lol, just saw this:

In conclusion: This is not a rub on your or Chibosempai's skill. I have yet to actually see enough of you two to judge that. It's a judgement on that 40-second video clip and the premise of this entire thread ("This video proves combos exist in Brawl!").
LMFAO @ "premise of this thread"

are you trolling? you're doing a wonderful job.

the premise of the thread isn't the title, it's the follow up. every dammmmm, lime, and ron simmons that followed is the premise.

it's not about proving whether or not brawl can combo, whether or not chibo is a good player, or how many words one person can bold, it's about velocity BRINGING IT DOWN there and finishing it with a double bacon upsmash "combo"

it's like the sacred combo, except the heavens the combo are named after aren't saying "DAMMMMMM," Ron Slimemmons is.

thx

Smash Ace
he could have gotten out of that so called "combo right in the beginning combos are like the ken combo not like this this is just a GW getting hits off of a person who doesnt kno how to air dodge out of moves that lead to broken combos

thx out

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
ISAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII...

EXTENDER!

Smooth Criminal

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
What's up with all the lime? I've always been more of a royal blue kinda person. But it is kinda dark and stuff, I guess.

Pay close attention to the words I emphasize with colors. They're important.

Velocity

Smash Lord
lol, just saw this:

LMFAO @ "premise of this thread"

are you trolling? you're doing a wonderful job.

the premise of the thread isn't the title, it's the follow up. every dammmmm, lime, and ron simmons that followed is the premise.

it's not about proving whether or not brawl can combo, whether or not chibo is a good player, or how many words one person can bold, it's about the can of *** **** velocity did there and finished it with a double bacon upsmash "combo"

it's like the sacred combo, except the heavens the combo is named after aren't saying "DAMMMMMM," Ron Slimemmons is.
Dazwa= fun
Yuna= no fun
though ill take capitalizing as a compliment why is there some many seriousness in this thread ill still mm anyone though.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
What's up with all the lime? I've always been more of a royal blue kinda person. But it is kinda dark and stuff, I guess.

Pay close attention to the words I emphasize with colors. They're important.

=@-@'= mowww??

DAAAAAMMMMMMMMMM

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
velocity I'll accept one of those mm's next time we're at the same tournament, a rematch would be amazing

EDIT: YOU CAN'T BRING IT DOWN ON ME NOW THOUGH OH SNAP

DOC IS SO PRINGLES

BUT HIS CURLY MUSTACHE AINT IN BRAWL

DAMMMMMMMMMMM SON

Steck

Smash Journeyman
That's no combo That's just G&W being his awesome self.

Combos do exist in brawl but they are never seem to be really long ones. Sometimes it can seem like a combo if your opponent is bad (or an inanimate object like the sandbag) but they actually are escapable.

EDIT: DAAAAAMMMMMMMMMM

Velocity

Smash Lord
velocity I'll accept one of those mm's next time we're at the same tournament, a rematch would be amazing

EDIT: YOU CAN'T BRING IT DOWN ON ME NOW THOUGH OH SNAP

DOC IS SO PRINGLES

BUT HIS CURLY MUSTACHE AINT IN BRAWL

DAMMMMMMMMMMM SON
um breasticle?

Ballistaboy

Smash Journeyman
Not bad, but like everybody else said in that portion of the vid the R.O.B. almost comboed itself, G&W's moves were out and he DI'd into them.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Velocity?
Game and Watch?
****?
I have to see this to see if its any good now.
-DD

Edit:
DDDDDDDDDDDAAAAAAAAAAAAAM
limeMMMMMMMMMMMNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

HiIH

Smash Lord
Hamlet, I just saw a ****ing vampire!

Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii*beep*

I mean Daaaaaaaaaaaaayum

Evil E.

Smash Ace
NNID