• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FMOI Presents Requiem for a Brawl... Postponed until further notice.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Update 7/26: Due to a family situation, my tournaments will be postponed until further notice. I aplogise for any inconveinence this might cause.

They came from different places...
different backgrounds...
with many different interests...
but they all had one thing in common...

The Need To Brawl

Time passed and they stayed together but things began to fade around them.
This summer...
they fight to keep their community alive.

Requiem For A Brawl

Will they succeed?
The choice is up to you...

Coming to the OTL, June 2009.

Important update 2/18: This is the chatroom we'll be using for my tournaments.

http://xat.com/MagicPetesCrazyBrawlFunhouse1

This is essentially my gift to the world. Treasure it always.

Tournament Results

Boss Butch

1. ~Peachy~
2. mcmuff1nman
3. Pentasalia

Road to Glory

1. dabuz
2. bunnyma
3. choknater
4. commander_beef

Basic Tournament Description

Beer Run: A tournament of survival and chaos dedicated to Barge and Samusbrawler. The name comes from a term that me and my friends have for doing as much stupid stuff as possible while drunk until you pass out. :laugh: Interested, read the rules below for more info.

Prize Alert! Habba Jeeba Joe, I've done it again! The prize for this tournament is 20 dollars worth of Wii/Microsoft/PSN points (the winner will decide which upon... well... winning)

Simply leave your name. You can do that much, right?

Don't want to wait? Send me a PM and I'll put you in ahead of time.[/size]

TOURNAMENT SCHEDULE:

Update 11/21: All the times on this schedule are in CENTRAL Time. If you live in the Pacific timezone, subtract two hours (ex; 2PM instead of 4PM). If you live in the Mountain timezone, subtract just one hour. If you live in the Eastern time zone, add one hour. If you live anywhere in Great Britian (England, Scotland, Wales, and Northern Ireland) aside from the very most Western side of Ireland, add six hours. If you live on Mars, please add 6 months. I hope this clears things up.

This tournament offically starts on July 25 and ends on August 6th.

Time Schedule

Round One: July 25-July 30
Round Two: July 31- August 3
Rounds Three-Four: August 4- August 5
Round Five: August 6

Because of my infinite benevolence, deadlines may be extended if multiple complications arise (especially in the later rounds).

Basic Rules For This Tournament:

1. You start out with 6 stock and keep going until you completely run out. For example, if you lose two stock in the first match, you start out the next match with 4 stock. You are not allowed to use more than 3 stock per match and forced suicides are inforced if you have less than 3 stock left. There is no time limit for the matches and items are not allowed.

2. Pick any character you want. This tournament has no character limitations.

3. Only the legal stages are allowed.

4. First stage is agreed on by both players.

5. Quitting, restarting the match, stalling for longer than 10 seconds (like with Mario's cape stalling or Jigglypuff's rising pound), and purposely SDing will lead to disqualification.

6. Chain grabs, spamming, suicides (like Ganondorf's and King Dedede’s) and locks are allowed. No johns about players who do any of these things excessively. It’s YOUR fault if you can’t get past them. Play to win. All of these are legitimate strategies and can be overcome. Personally, I’d recommend counterpicking stages if you really have a problem with them.

7. No pissing.

8. No moaning.

9. A combination of 7 and 8 will not be tolerated either.

10. Each set is only one match. Once you're done, you go on to challenge someone else. Each round, you can only decline one challenger but you also have the right to over-ride one challenge each round. Each round goes on until a set number of people left. For example, round 1 ends when there are eight people.

SUPER HELPFUL HINT Y'ALL: It may be in your best interest to gain up on the better players as to increase the chances of later rounds being easier. Just be aware that this will probably involve at least one or two people purposely taking a dive for the sake of other players. Regardless, it may play out well for you if you can cause one of the bigger players to take a dive by working with other players.

DON'T EVEN TRY TO CHEAT: YOU ARE REQUIRED TO DO AT LEAST TWO MATCHES PER ROUND. IGNORING AN OPPONENT'S CHALLENGE WILL GET YOU DISQUALIFIED. PLEASE REFER TO RULE NUMBER ONE FOR MORE DETAILS CONCERNING ALL OF THIS.

Legal Stages:

Neutral:

Battlefield
Final Destination
Yoshi's Island (Brawl)
Lylat Cruise
Smashville

Counterpicks:

Delfino Plaza
Luigi's Mansion
Pirate Ship
Pokemon Stadium 2
Norfair
Frigate Orpheon
Halberd
Castle Siege

Pokemon Stadium
Jungle Japes
Brinstar
Rainbow Cruise
Yoshi's Island (Melee)

If it ain't here, it ain't legal; no exceptions (without a cash bribe).

Brackets for Current Tournament

The Combatants per Tournament

Unless the tournament is invite only, please just leave your name in order to sign up. Reminders will be sent once two brackets are filled. YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR SHOWING UP, NO WHINING IF YOU GET LEFT BEHIND.

1. Shadowfirex100
2. ~Pink Fresh~
3. thesilentmarth
4. bunnyma
5. pentasalia
6. mcmuff1nman
7. dabuz
8. gamingblack
9. 8bitman
10. Ugg
11. DJayS
12. Mr. Victory07

FAQ

1. "What if my opponent doesn't show up?"

I will personally be sending a PM to everyone about a week before the tourney starts to let them know that they entered. If they still don't show up, you'll be the one that advances while they'll be disqualified IF you are here.

2. "I loathe Metaknight/Snake... Can't you just ban them?"

No, I can't because all characters are legal in this tournament and that would go against the nature of competitive smashing. If you really have a problem with these characters, pick carefully who you want to use and learn how to properly counterpick stages. It may still be a hard fight but making the right decisions will help lighten the load.

3. "My opponent *insert attack/tactic here* too much. Are you seriously going to allow it?"

Read rules 6-9. Play to win even if it means playing outlandishly gay to get the upper hand.

4. "There's a buttload of lag, what should I do?"

Play through it unless it's absolutely game stopping then the situation will be dealt with accordingly. It's one of the curses of online play, unfortunately. Play at your own risk.

5. "This is my first online tournament... I'm scared...hold me... what should I do?"

Do your best. The purpose of your first tournament is to evaluate your tactics/playstle and learn about the various people you'll be butting skulls with if you decide to join more in the future. Learn who they main and what they do. Don't be overly concerned about how high you place. To put it bluntly, if you expect to win your first tournament with ease than you're a moron.

6. "If I don't make it to the quarter finals, does that mean I'm a failure at life?"

No; don't be overly concerned about how you place but, rather, who you beat. If you lose to someone you normally 3 stock on a regular basis, there's definately a problem. If you beat someone who has won or made it to the quarter finals in any of the online tournaments here, you should accept it as a pretty big accomplishment if you've never done so before. Trust me, people are going to care a lot more if you three stock someone like Zeonstar in the first round than if you don't even make to the quarter finals. Again, it's a learning experience so treat it as such.

7. "What's your next tournament going to be?"

Something involving stuff.

8. *random question here*

BS statistic time: 95% of the questions commonly asked can be answered by reading the first post.

9. "How do I get in contact with my opponent?"

Like always, I'll be providing a chatroom to use during the tournament. Hopefully the Friend Finder will be up again soon and we can use that too. If, for some reason, you can't use either of these, simply use PMs.

10. "I have a friend/brother/sister/cousin/land lord/insurance agent who wants to play too; can they enter?"

Why yes; yes they can. If you are sharing the same Wii, simply make a note of it. Also be sure to tell me which name they want to go by and which character they want to use.

11. "What's the best way to practice for this tournament?"

Just ask people for matches. Honestly, one of the best things about these tournaments is how close some of us have become. On the weekends, I'm available just about anytime so feel free to hit me up if you need help or just want to fight. Even though I use everybody, don't be afraid to ask around if you need help with certain characters. For example, Glyph is really good with ROB, Aryman is awesome with Snake, and Zeonstar is just plain scary with Ganondorf. If you want my recommendations for mains of almost every character, just send me a PM.

I hope this tournament will help the OTL board get back on its feet. With that being said, do your best to show up and bring your A game so this tournament series can be as fun as possible. Happy Smashing Everyone!

Chaco

Never Logs In
It wasn't size that caused it. It was a different issue, that I'm not quite sure I'm allowed to explain. So we'll leave it at that.

8Bitman

Smash Master
hey FMOI i think you should just keep the tourney at 32 entrants cuz it'd probably take forever to get 64 people.. just make the last 5 people who entered the people in the waiting list:p

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Let the battles commence! *volcanos explode with hot fudge and chili* Oh and I'll mention this in the PM's but you have 4 days to get the first round done starting tomorrow. I'm trying a new system and, as always, you guys are the pigs from New Guiena.

8Bitman

Smash Master
awww! this always happens... why does bunny always have to be near me.... im not getting anything out of it... just ****:(

EDIT: FUDGENUGGETS!!!:mad:

EDIT(yes again): wait isnt this double elimination!!!!!!!??????:bee:

Rawnie

Smash Champion
Who do you use that has an infinite? I know Shiek has a pseudo one using ftilt on Fox and Wolf if they don't DI right and Marth has one against Ness if the Ness player doesn't know how to get the "extra inch boost."
Marth/Lucas grab release. People said EIDI doesn't really work and if it does, Marth can still dash grab.

Top Bottom