• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FLUDD Mario as a character

Rhyme

Smash Lord
First off, this is the mario from Mario Sunshine with the fancy water pack. Since there is the high possibility of Dr. Mario being taken out of the ssb series, I thought mabye he could be replaced by another mario character. Before you start yelling at me about how FLUDD should be an item, or that FLUDD mario is mario, or anything else, please read the rest of the post. I have created a moveset for FLUDD mario that would make him very different than mario, utilize his waterpack for his attacks, and keep him from being a mario clone. Of course this list is not perfect, and he is not a complete character by any means, but it is a tough job. I was hoping that people who supported my idea would give their advice on technical stuff like weight, friction, floatyness, and so on. Note that anything I have stared is a move that I would change if I could think of a new one, but any move is changable.

Special moves:
Up B-uses FLUDD's rocket pack feature, mario can shot off in any direction and charge it for up to 3 seconds. the max distance is 2x that of fox's firefox, and it does not jump cancel to start charging the move. if you are in midair then you will continue to fall while the pack is charging. at lower power mario will slide along surfaces like the firefox and have low damage and priority. when more fully charged, has the priority of ness' pk thunder and if he hits a wall he will react like ness, deflecting off it or smashing, stopping and dying. damage also increases, sweatspot of ness at the move's peak. also can grab a ledge while flying past it like with the firefox.
B over-mario uses the grey boost pack to charge foward with a low priority attack, much like jiggs rollout or yoshi's egg roll. he stops automatically after about 7 seconds when he 'runs out of water' but you can release b to stop it at any time after the initial animation. he travels at an arc downward like yoshi if used in mind air.
*B down*-mario jumps into the air, does half a flip backwards, and uses FLUDD to propell him into the ground, much like yoshi's down b, but with no stars. mario also suffers less lag time because he lands in a handstand position and can easily flip back into fighting position. lower priority, moderate damage and knockback attack. he can grab ledges passing them like bowser can.
neutral B-almost like link's arrows, you can hold b to charge up and make it go farther and be more powerful. FLUDD shoots out a jet of water and if it hits your opponent, it stuns them like bowser's fire or samus' bombs. low damage, consecutive hits attack. with the more powerful attack, FLUDD will slowly drop down the angle he is firing at as water pressure is lost, and it takes a short while to build up water pressure again.

Ariel moves:
uair-same as mario's and luigi's, a backflip kick used for combo's and sometimes edgeguarding.
bair-again like mario's and luigi's back kick, can be reversed and lingers for a short while
dair-mario lifts up his right leg, holds it for a brief moment, then smashes it down and back, the momentum causes him to do a flip during the lag. if you hit an opponent with your heal when it is up near your head, it is more like shiek's godspike, but not quite as powerful. if the opponent is directly beneath you, it meteor smashes him/her. spike damage like other meteors in melee, foward hit hits for less
fair-mario does a flip like falcon, but fowards. if he hits you then you go the direction his feet are swinging like ganon's air mop, but with much less range. not a very powerful attack, but a good edgeguard
nair-again like mario, he sticks his feet out and just hits opponents away. good for shorthop out of the shield to hit agressive players, but not much else

Ground moves:
edge attack-as FLUDD mario is climbing up, FLUDD extends his neck and blasts water at the ground in the immediate area in a sweeping motion, right as mario becomes vulnerable like all edge attacks
tap a/a repeated-does a one two hit like mario or luigi, minor damage, but tap reset possible
tilt down-mario does a weak down kick like mario or luigi
foward tilt-a kick that can be angled down, level, or upwards, like several characters have
up tilt-upercut good for starting combos
running attack-weak attack, mario runs and dives at his opponent much like his running attack in super mario 64, hits opponent into air above him like falco's, mario springs up to his feet shortly
down smash-FLUDD shoots a blast of water strait at FLUDD mario's feet while he does a small hop. water deflects to both sides of him doing damage and knocking foes at a low angle like falco's down smash. disjointed hitbox, higher priority
*foward smash*-mario removes FLUDD from his back after the default lag animation and uses him to overhead club the opponent with both hands on the water pack. good knockback and damage, higher priority, not the best range ever
up smash-a fountain of water much like samus' up smash, but hits all at once. one stronger burst at the end blasts foes caught by the attack into the air. moderate damage, disjointed hitbox, weaker than average knockback

Throwing moves:
attack grab-while holding the opponent, mario knees him in the stomach for each attack
up throw-mario throws the foe over his sholder, FLUDD tips upwards and launches the foe skyward, it could either be very powerful like jiggs, or weak like marths so you could potentially chain throw
foward throw-same animation but instead of letting FLUDD blast the foe, mario hurls him/her overhead and fowards
down throw-his highest damage throw, possibly chaingrabs at very low percentages. he slams the foe on the ground, FLUDD blasts the foe with a stream of water for 2 seconds, holding him/her there as FLUDD mario rises into the air, then he ground pounds right onto the opponent, sending them upwards like shiek
back throw-in traditional mario style, FLUDD mario twirls the foe in a circle and releases, good distance throw

o0o and i could not think of a brawl attack, some fan of the game wana help me with this one?

one additional goodie that doesnt fit in any above category, FLUDD mario can use the hover feature of the waterpack after either his first or second jump to float like peach, but with two changes. as in sunshine, mario slowly rises while floating. he can float cancel, but can only do his back air, up air and neutral air while floating. any other attack that is performed cancels his float, as peach throwing turnips. additionally, the stream of water that comes down has the stun effect of falco's blaster, so it could be used to hover over a recovering opponent and lower their height, or as an entrance for an ariel to ground combo.

*this is it for attacks, notify me if i forgot something*

due to the extra weight of the waterpack, FLUDD mario is both slower and heavier than mario, like dr. mario's weight and speed in comparison. in addition, his attacks are more powerful and his wavedash is marginally shorter. his roll distance, sidededge, roll speed, air dodge, and other technical stuff like that are basically even with mario.

well i hope you enjoyed reading my well thought out ideas for a character, and please comment on how i could complete him or make him better. i am bad at designating percent damage for a move, especially when i am a fan of the character.

HiddenTiger

Smash Lord
No no no no no no no no no!!! Sorry, but FLUDD Mario is one of the most terrible ideas I've ever heard. Why? Because FLUDD Mario isn't an actual character. It's Mario, the exact same one that's already in Brawl, except now he's holding something. If FLUDD Mario is a character, then so could Ness with a baseball bat, or even Link with a Mirror shield instead of a regular shield. If any new Mario's are making it in, it needs to be one that's fundamentally different, like Paper Mario, and not the exact same Mario we already have, but with a FLUDD.

Rhyme

Smash Lord
No no no no no no no no no!!! Sorry, but FLUDD Mario is one of the most terrible ideas I've ever heard. Why? Because FLUDD Mario isn't an actual character. It's Mario, the exact same one that's already in Brawl, except now he's holding something. If FLUDD Mario is a character, then so could Ness with a baseball bat, or even Link with a Mirror shield instead of a regular shield. If any new Mario's are making it in, it needs to be one that's fundamentally different, like Paper Mario, and not the exact same Mario we already have, but with a FLUDD.
but the fact that he uses fludd changes over half of his attacks as i have designed him. ness without a bat is a lot different than mario without a fludd pack. how different is mario with a waterpack from mario with a cape and fireballs? he could be an actual character, because fludd as an item would be a bad idea, and if a doctor mario made a good character, than why not fludd? did you at least read all the different moves that i said he would have?

Rhyme

Smash Lord
You actually want more mushroom kingdom characters?
yea but no one seems to agree with me on that. but really i want FLUDD mario, mario, luigi, peach, bowser, bowser jr., yoshi, hammer bros, paratroopa, and i am considering toad. he is the only one thats iffy. im not sure where wario and waluigi are from, but i would like wario and even though waluigi goes with wario, id kinda rather that he wasnt in brawl. i wont use him at least. i dont understand why everyone hates mushroom kingdom so much.

the other character, not mushroom kingdom, that i want is bulbasaur. i actually thought up some attacks for him too, but not in as great of detail and im missing several.

The Franchise

Smash Journeyman
I'll give you credit. You put some thought into your moveset and designed it well to make Fludd Mario different then regular Mario. That being said., I don't really like this idea a whole lot. The Mario series already has the largest representation in the game and I do not see the need for there to be two Mario characters that would look very similar to one another.

Rhyme

Smash Lord
I'll give you credit. You put some thought into your moveset and designed it well to make Fludd Mario different then regular Mario. That being said., I don't really like this idea a whole lot. The Mario series already has the largest representation in the game and I do not see the need for there to be two Mario characters that would look very similar to one another.
lol so apperantly its not the fact that FLUDD mario would be a clone, which is what i wanted to disprove. people would just rather see more of other characters and less mario characters. i didnt think that people were that angry about dr mario, but everyone seemed eager to get rid of him cuz he is mario. well hopefully there is at least one person out there who agrees with me.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
i agree with you!
that is a good idea. i was thinking that they could use more mushroom kingdom characters like shy guy though

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
I have nothing agianst adding more Mario characters io Brawl, I just want a new character, not a variation of one already in the game.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
I'm still waiting for a reason WHY. Yes, of course he could work as a separate character, but ANYONE could work as a separate character. That doesn't mean they SHOULD waste the time making the same characters over again with variations. Why not just make FLUDD an item? It could hover for you when you jump, and you shoot at people.

HiddenTiger

Smash Lord
but the fact that he uses fludd changes over half of his attacks as i have designed him. ness without a bat is a lot different than mario without a fludd pack. how different is mario with a waterpack from mario with a cape and fireballs? he could be an actual character, because fludd as an item would be a bad idea, and if a doctor mario made a good character, than why not fludd? did you at least read all the different moves that i said he would have?
Listen, you can argue about different movesets and non-cloning until you're blue in the face, but it won't change the fact that FLUDD Mario is exactly the same Mario that's in Brawl, and has been in every other Smash game. Holding a super soaker does not make Mario a completely different person any more than me grabbing a can of soda makes me a different person.

BIRDMAN22

Smash Journeyman
Holding a super soaker does not make Mario a completely different person.
That's funny.

I like the moveset that was made but I am also against the idea of Fludd Mario. It's not a matter of to many mushroom kingdom characters because that is nintendo's number 1 franchise and will obviously be repped as such. It's the fact that the same character doesn't need multiple variations. It's the same with link. If they start putting in multiple Marios and multiple Links (as many have suggested) not only does it become over-saturation but it takes away time that could be used to develop other, one formed, original characters.

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
I'm sorry but I don't like this idea.

1. I'm against different variations of an already exisisting character which is also why Dr. Mario and Young Link most go.
2. I hate the WW Link idea which means I'm not going to like any ideas like the WW Link one.
3. WW Link people, don't bother flaming this thread until you have a good reason why he should be in and FLUDD Mario shouldn't because if you don't then you are all stupid.
4. As big a Mario fan as I am, they have several more original options like Bowser Jr., Geno, and Mallow.
5. Give me a good reason he should be in over the above mentioned characters.
6. I can't think of a sixth response.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
I'm sorry but I don't like this idea.

1. I'm against different variations of an already exisisting character which is also why Dr. Mario and Young Link most go.
2. I hate the WW Link idea which means I'm not going to like any ideas like the WW Link one.
3. WW Link people, don't bother flaming this thread until you have a good reason why he should be in and FLUDD Mario shouldn't because if you don't then you are all stupid.
4. As big a Mario fan as I am, they have several more original options like Bowser Jr., Geno, and Mallow.
5. Give me a good reason he should be in over the above mentioned characters.
6. I can't think of a sixth response.
yea geno is way better

Stryks

Smash Hero
NO! I dont wanna see 2 marios coexist at the same time, its like puting Fox in his melee look a putting Fox from the assault look as 2 seperate characters!

Eaode

Smash Champion
yes, you can make them original. But if you check in te thread titled: "WW link's moves", you will see that I have posted three movesets for variations of Samus that would be original! And as I said, The posibility of an original moveste does not justify an addition of the same character. You could think of 5 Samus movests that would be original, and probably the same for link. Why not add racoon Mario and Frog mario? They'd be original.

krazyzyko

Smash Champion
FLUDD as an item....:)

Another Mario?

1.Mario
2.Doctor Mario
3.Paper Mario
4.Baby Mario
5.Shadow mario (Maybe with Bowser jr like Zelda/Shiek)

I prefer to see other characters. And not a Luigi with his Ghost Vacuum.(It could be another item)

..........No more Marios,

maybe the "Bowser JR./Shadow Mario" thing

xianfeng

Smash Hero
What a stupid idea, first of all we already have mario so this is enough and he is just mario with a super soaker dumbest idea (from one of the worst games) in a while

Rhyme

Smash Lord
i just think that, even though all i did was stick FLUDD in the front, i created an origional character. just because it is mario you are all mad at me. lets say for argument sake that it was waluigi sunshine(which is stupid). would anyone have said, 'no they had a waluigi before' or would you have said, 'thats a good idea, actually'. same person but as a fighter, completely different. i didnt hear all of these arguments when melee came out about y. link and dr mario, so why do i hear them now? having 2 marios in melee is the same as having 2 marios in brawl. 2 marios, 2 completely different fighters. what about baby mario/baby luigi that some people want? they are the same are they not? or bowser and bowser jr, certainly they cannot be that different. donkey kong and diddy kong, you want a faster ape with less range and power, but the same physical possibilities? no one complained about shiek/zelda who is the same character actually. but they fight different, well so does FLUDD mario. what about samus/zero suit samus, thats the same character but does everyone complain, NO. they fight different and have different attributes, therefore they are a different character. i dont see why everyone is getting so upset. sure they are both mario, but they do not both fight like mario. FLUDD is way different than doc. he is a very origional character and fighter, he is not a clone character, and if there can be others like shiek and samus that are the same person but two different fighters, than why not mario?

SupaSmashBrotha

Smash Ace
Hands down the worst idea ever. It's just Mario with a stupid looking hose thingy on his back. At least Dr. Mario had his own game which could lead some ppl to believe they're not the same.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
donkey kong and diddy kong, you want a faster ape with less range and power, but the same physical possibilities?
Donkey and Diddy are different animals first of all Diddy is a monkey where as Donkey is an ape and at least they are different characters not the same character.

I hated sunshine because of the supersoaker and the dissapointing final boss.

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
Here we go again.

1. People ARE complaining about Dr. Mario and Young Link
2. Zelda and Shiek take up one character spot not two and she barely had any moves so they had to make her original in some way
3. If Zamus is her own character it will be a dumb idea
4. Fighting differently doesn't a spot a character make
5. You've yet to say why he should be in over GENO
6. He isn't unique, it is Mario with a water pack and Waluigi sucks
7. Even if he was a different character, that isn't the case. The fact is he is the same character and doesn't deserve a spot over other more deserving characters, please don't make me list them all.

Rhyme

Smash Lord
Donkey and Diddy are different animals first of all Diddy is a monkey where as Donkey is an ape and at least they are different characters not the same character.

I hated sunshine because of the supersoaker and the dissapointing final boss.
but they would still be the same fighter. at least my character would fight different than a big monkey vs a little monkey. what about zamus and samus? or zelda and shiek? do you hate them because they are the same person? do you just have something against mario?

Stryks

Smash Hero
At first I tought SSS was gonna be one lame game, but it was incredibly fun, I borrowed it from a friend... but never finished it, how dare u say SSS is a bad game?!

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
but they would still be the same fighter. at least my character would fight different than a big monkey vs a little monkey. what about zamus and samus? or zelda and shiek? do you hate them because they are the same person? do you just have something against mario?
Diddy does NOT fight the same way as DK, plus he is highly ranked on Sakurai's poll, plus he is his own character, plus FLUDD Mario doesn't show up once on the poll.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
Diddy and Donkey would be nothing alike, they have different moves, different fighting styles and different stats, they would be as similar as Mario and Ganondorf.

Rhyme

Smash Lord
Here we go again.

1. People ARE complaining about Dr. Mario and Young Link
2. Zelda and Shiek take up one character spot not two and she barely had any moves so they had to make her original in some way
3. If Zamus is her own character it will be a dumb idea
4. Fighting differently doesn't a spot a character make
5. You've yet to say why he should be in over GENO
6. He isn't unique, it is Mario with a water pack and Waluigi sucks
7. Even if he was a different character, that isn't the case. The fact is he is the same character and doesn't deserve a spot over other more deserving characters, please don't make me list them all.
i didnt say he deserved to be in more than geno, but i do think he deserves a slot. what i dont understand is that its NOT the character, its the FIGHTER. i know that many characters are more deserving, but i thought FLUDD mario was as well.

how are donkey and diddy different they are both monkeys just like mine are both marios. and yes i realize they are different monkeys but i am talking FIGHTERS NOT characters

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
If they run out of good character ideas than sure, throw him in there. But other than that, no he does not deserve a spot. A trophy at maximum.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
i didnt say he deserved to be in more than geno, but i do think he deserves a slot. what i dont understand is that its NOT the character, its the FIGHTER. i know that many characters are more deserving, but i thought FLUDD mario was as well.

I ask again: why? Why waste an entire character slot on FLUDD Mario when you could easily make FLUDD an item that any character could use?

SupaSmashBrotha

Smash Ace
Look stop. It's not worth it FLUDD Mario is not a real character. Get over it. You might as well have made a thread about Racoon tail Mario. (It would still be better than this)

Stryks

Smash Hero
Hey samus pwns, all of her suits should be costumes, also I would rather see racoon mario over Fludd mario, make Fludd an item...

Eaode

Smash Champion
I know Samus pwns, I was just saying although you can make many different characters out of her accesories, they shouldn't all be characters.

Although all of her suits need to be costumes. I will ALWAYS use the light suit.

Top Bottom