• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FLUDD Mario as a character

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
The thing FLUDD should be is an item. Not on ANY charcter except E. Gadd be cause he invented it, but I would much rather see him have the Poltergeist 3000

Muffin_man

Smash Journeyman
I love E. Gadd (he's by far the best and most likeable non-Mario RPG character we got out of the Gamecube era, Toadette, Bowser Jr., Petey, etc. sucked big time), but Toad and Geno deserve it way before he does.

And I don't really care if FLUDD's an item or not, but it sure as hell better not mean a new Mario. You'd have to be, like, ******** to WANT another version of the same exact character, let alone expect.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
1. wow, that is the same thread that i made.

2. Fludd Mario for Brawl.

3. his super could be:
put on Sunglasses
put on pimp shirt
pull out that D@MN paintbrush
cover the entire stage with sludge

sludge is randomly fire or electric.

4. Post your moveset here
char movesets thread

Rhyme

Smash Lord
Muffin Man, just because i want a new version of mario to replace doc does not make me retarted. and no i dont expect him to get into brawl, but he is my second most desired new character(dark samus is my top desired). not to bring up an old argument but there was a debate over people wanting another version of link, wolf link. if you hate mario then thats fine, but dont say that mario cant have a fighting varient if other characters can. as pyro said, FLUDD as an item with 1 nozzle would be a waste, but making it like the game with 3 or 4 nozzles would be overpowering. where do you draw the line? bullies pick on people when they have their own insecurities. if you make fun of me for being retarted then that means...?

Annoying1359, i saw your thread but you didnt post a moveset and i did not see any intelligent arguments supporting or flamming FLUDD mario so i started my own with a moveset included.

and yes i will say i could not come up with a super smash for him, but wasnt his job in the game to clean up sludge, not to paint it on? that would be contradictory to the character wouldnt it?

Meleeruler

BRoomer
BRoomer
Rhyme, I wanted a little support, I guess, or people to comment on what I had said, but I'll say my idea anyway.

My idea isn't thast great, but it isn't completely horrible (but it IS weird)

Before I tell you, you must understand the pokeball, and the food items. Now, there is a whole bunch of DIFFERENT food items and DIFFERENT pokemon, but all of the food appears randomly, and same with pokeballs, but instead of like 50 different food items, and 50 different pokeballs, they both only count as one item. Now, my flood item idea would be for there to be four different floods. A normal squirt one, a hover one, a jetpack one, and that other one that speeds you off. It would only count as one item, and it is random for which nozzle will appear.

Do you see what I'm saying?

Rhyme

Smash Lord
Rhyme, I wanted a little support, I guess, or people to comment on what I had said, but I'll say my idea anyway.

My idea isn't thast great, but it isn't completely horrible (but it IS weird)

Before I tell you, you must understand the pokeball, and the food items. Now, there is a whole bunch of DIFFERENT food items and DIFFERENT pokemon, but all of the food appears randomly, and same with pokeballs, but instead of like 50 different food items, and 50 different pokeballs, they both only count as one item. Now, my flood item idea would be for there to be four different floods. A normal squirt one, a hover one, a jetpack one, and that other one that speeds you off. It would only count as one item, and it is random for which nozzle will appear.

Do you see what I'm saying?
yes i do understand completely what you are saying. there are 3 different nozzles in sunshine, each with different abbilities. they were blue(standard), red(rocket), and grey(jet). you want it so in brawl, you could get, say, a green hover FLUDD, a blue water squirt FLUDD, a red rocket one, and a grey jet one. that could work, but that may also make it an underpowered item, idk. mabye there is one standard function that each pack has, then dependent on 3 different colors, an extra function would be added. its a good idea, but i am still supportive of my character idea. no offense meant, but i would overwhelmingly prefer the character over the item. although seeing as he has nearly a 0% chance of getting in, i guess i will support the item as well.

virtualgamecafe

Smash Journeyman
First off, this is the mario from Mario Sunshine with the fancy water pack. Since there is the high possibility of Dr. Mario being taken out of the ssb series, I thought mabye he could be replaced by another mario character. Before you start yelling at me about how FLUDD should be an item, or that FLUDD mario is mario, or anything else, please read the rest of the post. I have created a moveset for FLUDD mario that would make him very different than mario, utilize his waterpack for his attacks, and keep him from being a mario clone. Of course this list is not perfect, and he is not a complete character by any means, but it is a tough job. I was hoping that people who supported my idea would give their advice on technical stuff like weight, friction, floatyness, and so on. Note that anything I have stared is a move that I would change if I could think of a new one, but any move is changable.

Special moves:
Up B-uses FLUDD's rocket pack feature, mario can shot off in any direction and charge it for up to 3 seconds. the max distance is 2x that of fox's firefox, and it does not jump cancel to start charging the move. if you are in midair then you will continue to fall while the pack is charging. at lower power mario will slide along surfaces like the firefox and have low damage and priority. when more fully charged, has the priority of ness' pk thunder and if he hits a wall he will react like ness, deflecting off it or smashing, stopping and dying. damage also increases, sweatspot of ness at the move's peak. also can grab a ledge while flying past it like with the firefox.
B over-mario uses the grey boost pack to charge foward with a low priority attack, much like jiggs rollout or yoshi's egg roll. he stops automatically after about 7 seconds when he 'runs out of water' but you can release b to stop it at any time after the initial animation. he travels at an arc downward like yoshi if used in mind air.
*B down*-mario jumps into the air, does half a flip backwards, and uses FLUDD to propell him into the ground, much like yoshi's down b, but with no stars. mario also suffers less lag time because he lands in a handstand position and can easily flip back into fighting position. lower priority, moderate damage and knockback attack. he can grab ledges passing them like bowser can.
neutral B-almost like link's arrows, you can hold b to charge up and make it go farther and be more powerful. FLUDD shoots out a jet of water and if it hits your opponent, it stuns them like bowser's fire or samus' bombs. low damage, consecutive hits attack. with the more powerful attack, FLUDD will slowly drop down the angle he is firing at as water pressure is lost, and it takes a short while to build up water pressure again.

Ariel moves:
uair-same as mario's and luigi's, a backflip kick used for combo's and sometimes edgeguarding.
bair-again like mario's and luigi's back kick, can be reversed and lingers for a short while
dair-mario lifts up his right leg, holds it for a brief moment, then smashes it down and back, the momentum causes him to do a flip during the lag. if you hit an opponent with your heal when it is up near your head, it is more like shiek's godspike, but not quite as powerful. if the opponent is directly beneath you, it meteor smashes him/her. spike damage like other meteors in melee, foward hit hits for less
fair-mario does a flip like falcon, but fowards. if he hits you then you go the direction his feet are swinging like ganon's air mop, but with much less range. not a very powerful attack, but a good edgeguard
nair-again like mario, he sticks his feet out and just hits opponents away. good for shorthop out of the shield to hit agressive players, but not much else

Ground moves:
edge attack-as FLUDD mario is climbing up, FLUDD extends his neck and blasts water at the ground in the immediate area in a sweeping motion, right as mario becomes vulnerable like all edge attacks
tap a/a repeated-does a one two hit like mario or luigi, minor damage, but tap reset possible
tilt down-mario does a weak down kick like mario or luigi
foward tilt-a kick that can be angled down, level, or upwards, like several characters have
up tilt-upercut good for starting combos
running attack-weak attack, mario runs and dives at his opponent much like his running attack in super mario 64, hits opponent into air above him like falco's, mario springs up to his feet shortly
down smash-FLUDD shoots a blast of water strait at FLUDD mario's feet while he does a small hop. water deflects to both sides of him doing damage and knocking foes at a low angle like falco's down smash. disjointed hitbox, higher priority
*foward smash*-mario removes FLUDD from his back after the default lag animation and uses him to overhead club the opponent with both hands on the water pack. good knockback and damage, higher priority, not the best range ever
up smash-a fountain of water much like samus' up smash, but hits all at once. one stronger burst at the end blasts foes caught by the attack into the air. moderate damage, disjointed hitbox, weaker than average knockback

Throwing moves:
attack grab-while holding the opponent, mario knees him in the stomach for each attack
up throw-mario throws the foe over his sholder, FLUDD tips upwards and launches the foe skyward, it could either be very powerful like jiggs, or weak like marths so you could potentially chain throw
foward throw-same animation but instead of letting FLUDD blast the foe, mario hurls him/her overhead and fowards
down throw-his highest damage throw, possibly chaingrabs at very low percentages. he slams the foe on the ground, FLUDD blasts the foe with a stream of water for 2 seconds, holding him/her there as FLUDD mario rises into the air, then he ground pounds right onto the opponent, sending them upwards like shiek
back throw-in traditional mario style, FLUDD mario twirls the foe in a circle and releases, good distance throw

o0o and i could not think of a brawl attack, some fan of the game wana help me with this one?

one additional goodie that doesnt fit in any above category, FLUDD mario can use the hover feature of the waterpack after either his first or second jump to float like peach, but with two changes. as in sunshine, mario slowly rises while floating. he can float cancel, but can only do his back air, up air and neutral air while floating. any other attack that is performed cancels his float, as peach throwing turnips. additionally, the stream of water that comes down has the stun effect of falco's blaster, so it could be used to hover over a recovering opponent and lower their height, or as an entrance for an ariel to ground combo.

*this is it for attacks, notify me if i forgot something*

due to the extra weight of the waterpack, FLUDD mario is both slower and heavier than mario, like dr. mario's weight and speed in comparison. in addition, his attacks are more powerful and his wavedash is marginally shorter. his roll distance, sidededge, roll speed, air dodge, and other technical stuff like that are basically even with mario.

well i hope you enjoyed reading my well thought out ideas for a character, and please comment on how i could complete him or make him better. i am bad at designating percent damage for a move, especially when i am a fan of the character.
one of the best i have ever seen!!! FIVE STARS OUT OF FIVE!!!

HiddenTiger

Smash Lord
VGC: That's a no-no. Don't bump super-old threads just to say things like "nice post". If you have something genuine to say, then its fine. Besides, the idea still sucks major@$$. >_<

Rhyme

Smash Lord
VGC: That's a no-no. Don't bump super-old threads just to say things like "nice post". If you have something genuine to say, then its fine. Besides, the idea still sucks major@$$. >_<
VirtualGameCafe did do something productive, he made me realize that the mods still havn't closed this topic. Thanks for the support.

As for HiddenTiger, havn't you expressed your unreasonably bothersome hatred of my good idea enough already? Whether or not you choose to admit it, my moveset is very creative, resorceful, and origional. I think the only reason you didn't like it was because of the character, so couldn't you just let it go? I am now abiding by the conclusion that we are polar opposites and will never agree on a single topic.

HiddenTiger

Smash Lord
I'm willing to admit that your moveset there is astounding and very well put together. If I still could, I'd rep you for the effort. Yet for all your effort you still can't change the fact that there is no such thing as FLUDD Mario. In SMS, you play as Mario, and you get the FLUDD to use. You don't start the game as a brand new character known as FLUDD Mario.

virtualgamecafe

Smash Journeyman
I'm willing to admit that your moveset there is astounding and very well put together. If I still could, I'd rep you for the effort. Yet for all your effort you still can't change the fact that there is no such thing as FLUDD Mario. In SMS, you play as Mario, and you get the FLUDD to use. You don't start the game as a brand new character known as FLUDD Mario.
you...do you know what ur talking about ryhme means mario with fud duh now use ur brain next time and he is known for fudd mario cuz ryhme named him that DUH and also its a better name than mario with fud fighting man

virtualgamecafe

Smash Journeyman
i support it too the i dea is cool along with the down and b being my favorite *SO DONT TELL ME ITS A "NO-NO!!!!"*his moves seem totally original to the character instead of shooting water he has new moves and ones that make sence...ryhme to do more movesets a lot more come see mine because your a pro and can tell me how to make a proper one here is the link: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=74948&page=19

Rhyme

Smash Lord
So the only part that you don't like is the fact that he is not an actual character? Or you don't like that he is a varient of an existing character? Personally, Mario with a FLUDD waterpack doesn't bother me if he is a varient. Doc was fine and he is just a costume change away from Mario. ZSS is fine and she IS samus. As far as I am concerned, there is no logical reason to automatically reject FLUDD Mario.

i support it too the i dea is cool along with the down and b being my favorite *SO DONT TELL ME ITS A "NO-NO!!!!"*his moves seem totally original to the character instead of shooting water he has new moves and ones that make sence...ryhme to do more movesets a lot more come see mine because your a pro and can tell me how to make a proper one here is the link: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=74948&page=19
Unfortunately, I think that the majority of people, myself excluded, dislike the idea of a costume change making an entirely different character. HiddenTiger is among them to my knowledge.

I have a lot on my plate with the many games I have been instructed to play from the Confirmed Character Discussion, but I will take a look at your moveset. Maybe I can help you with it. I have only made 2 movesets in my 'career' but if you think I can help I'll give it a shot.

Stryks

Smash Hero
you...do you know what ur talking about ryhme means mario with fud duh now use ur brain next time and he is known for fudd mario cuz ryhme named him that DUH and also its a better name than mario with fud fighting man
Its FLUDD mario not FUDD!!!
anyway I agree with Hiddentiger, I would like the idea of 2 marios, a normal mario and 1 with the fludd, it just wouldnt make sense, like mario and dr mario, it was just another mario, diferent costumes and a chnage in his attacks, but the bottom line is that hes mario, even with a tad little difference in moveset, same goes with y. link and Link, I wouldnt like (again) 2 characters, who are the same character, but with a diferent look/attack/personality, even tough the moveset is awesome, I just dont like the idea of mario using fludd, rather Fludd as an item, same goes with vacumm luigi, its just luigi with a vaccuum, it wouldnt make sense, so I say vacuum and fludd for an item...
p.s. VGC please stop acting like a kid...

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
First of all, Rhyme could you PLEASE just type in regular or another lettertype? I know your a very contributing member, but I tend to skip your posts because they're horrible to read! >_<

FLUDD Mario would be one of the most stupid additions in the game... Since they're basically cutting characters like this. FLUDD Mario is just as Dr.Mario, just the same Super Mario. And since we all agree that Doc will leave, why should they add another Mario?

As for ZSS, she's just as Sheik not a seperate character and thus very oblivous that she's just Samus. Fludd Mario would be a waste of a space, because he wouldn't be a "transformation" of the regular Mario, and thus waste a character spot...

I won't use any more words for this, because this isn't a topic worth a discussion in my opinion.

HiddenTiger

Smash Lord
So the only part that you don't like is the fact that he is not an actual character? Or you don't like that he is a varient of an existing character? Personally, Mario with a FLUDD waterpack doesn't bother me if he is a varient. Doc was fine and he is just a costume change away from Mario. ZSS is fine and she IS samus. As far as I am concerned, there is no logical reason to automatically reject FLUDD Mario.
The major problem I have isn't that he's a variant of an already existing character. We've seen that already take place in Samus/ZSS. The reason I really can't stand the thought is that FLUDD Mario is literally the same as Mario, but holding onto an item. It's the same Mario from every Mario game, and the same one we already have in Brawl. Sure, Samus and ZS Samus are one and the same, but removing her power suit completely alters the character in such a way that it's different. That, and the fact that they're probably going to be sharing a character slot, like Zelda and Sheik. There's just not enough difference between Mario and Mario to warrant another slot on an already limited roster. It's the same as saying Link with the Biggoron's Sword is a different character than Link. Sure, the moveset could be completely different and unique, but at the end of the day it's only a minor accesory change to an already included character.

Rhyme

Smash Lord
First of all, Rhyme could you PLEASE just type in regular or another lettertype? I know your a very contributing member, but I tend to skip your posts because they're horrible to read! >_<

FLUDD Mario would be one of the most stupid additions in the game... Since they're basically cutting characters like this. FLUDD Mario is just as Dr.Mario, just the same Super Mario. And since we all agree that Doc will leave, why should they add another Mario?

As for ZSS, she's just as Sheik not a seperate character and thus very oblivous that she's just Samus. Fludd Mario would be a waste of a space, because he wouldn't be a "transformation" of the regular Mario, and thus waste a character spot...

I won't use any more words for this, because this isn't a topic worth a discussion in my opinion.
I already changed my font color due to problems reading it. Many people agreed that this color was way better than the one I origionally picked. Either way, if you say this topic isn't worth discussing, what difference does it make if I change my color or not?

I thought the reason we were ditching Doc was because he was a clone. Since I have showed that FLUDD Mario's moveset would not make him a clone, it should be ok.

The major problem I have isn't that he's a variant of an already existing character. We've seen that already take place in Samus/ZSS. The reason I really can't stand the thought is that FLUDD Mario is literally the same as Mario, but holding onto an item. It's the same Mario from every Mario game, and the same one we already have in Brawl. Sure, Samus and ZS Samus are one and the same, but removing her power suit completely alters the character in such a way that it's different. That, and the fact that they're probably going to be sharing a character slot, like Zelda and Sheik. There's just not enough difference between Mario and Mario to warrant another slot on an already limited roster. It's the same as saying Link with the Biggoron's Sword is a different character than Link. Sure, the moveset could be completely different and unique, but at the end of the day it's only a minor accesory change to an already included character.
Your right, adding a new sword to Link doesn't make him a different character than Link, but it would make him fight differently than the original Link. Just like adding a waterpack would make the new Mario fight differently than the existing one.

For all you know, weilding a different sword might make Biggoron Link(or whatever you might call him) an interesting character to play as. I am not a huge fan of Zelda, but you seem to be. What if you were insistant on this Biggoron Link idea, then someone decided to scrap your whole character and make the sword an item. You might be mad if you thought that the different sword would completely change the character and make him/her more appealing. I don't know how greatly having a different sword would change Link's moveset, but I can tell you that it changed at least half of Mario's moveset by just adding a waterpack. This is different than a Wingcap for Mario or a Vacuum for Luigi, because the Wingcap only made Mario fly and the Vacuum only sucks up ghosts and fire. FLUDD allowed Mario to jump extremely high, run very fast, fire water like a projectile, hover over large gaps, fire fruit and little creatures and weaken enemy defenses so you could attack them. That's one or two new functions compared to 6! Of all the random enhancments Mario has come across in his many adventures, FLUDD is by far the most diverse, and I would be upset if it were reduced to a mere item.

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
I don't really support FLUDD Mario but I am not going to go so far as to say it is a bad idea and it definitely isn't a stupid idea. In fact, I would love to play as FLUDD Mario because he seems like a rather cool character. There is only one problem with him and unfortunately it is way to major to grant him a spot IMO.

FLUDD Mario (if included) will take away a spot that could have gone to a handful of other Mario characters like Bowser Jr, Toad, Geno, Kamek, etc. Plus it would also take away from the total amount of characters in the final rooster. Despite this, all other arguments used against him can be completely and totally obliviated.

Though he is a veriant of an exisisting character this does not exclude him from possibility since Dr. Mario was added to Melee's rooster. In fact, given the choice I would pick FLUDD Mario over Dr. Mario any day simply because his moveset is much more original. Another common argument is that he can't be included because FLUDD Mario isn't his real name. To these people I ask you this. At what point was Y. Link ever referred to as Y. Link in his own game?

So even though I don't support his inclusion I do support the concept. In all honesty, I won't mind if he is included so long as he doesn't steal someone (more deserving) else's place. Great job on the idea Rhyme.

@ Diddy K. & HiddenTiger : I enjoy how you two debate your ideas as well as add hateful remarks to them. Instead of treating Rhyme with respect and debating without flaming you two decide to add insults in with your arguments. Now I am not saying that you two suck at debating I am just saying that alot of comments within those debates are uncalled for and just plain rude.

Rhyme

Smash Lord
I don't really support FLUDD Mario but I am not going to go so far as to say it is a bad idea and it definitely isn't a stupid idea. In fact, I would love to play as FLUDD Mario because he seems like a rather cool character. There is only one problem with him and unfortunately it is way to major to grant him a spot IMO.

FLUDD Mario (if included) will take away a spot that could have gone to a handful of other Mario characters like Bowser Jr, Toad, Geno, Kamek, etc. Plus it would also take away from the total amount of characters in the final rooster. Despite this, all other arguments used against him can be completely and totally obliviated.

Though he is a veriant of an exisisting character this does not exclude him from possibility since Dr. Mario was added to Melee's rooster. In fact, given the choice I would pick FLUDD Mario over Dr. Mario any day simply because his moveset is much more original. Another common argument is that he can't be included because FLUDD Mario isn't his real name. To these people I ask you this. At what point was Y. Link ever referred to as Y. Link in his own game?

So even though I don't support his inclusion I do support the concept. In all honesty, I won't mind if he is included so long as he doesn't steal someone (more deserving) else's place. Great job on the idea Rhyme.

@ Diddy K. & HiddenTiger : I enjoy how you two debate your ideas as well as add hateful remarks to them. Instead of treating Rhyme with respect and debating without flaming you two decide to add insults in with your arguments. Now I am not saying that you two suck at debating I am just saying that alot of comments within those debates are uncalled for and just plain rude.
Thanks for the support. But you do have a point. Even though FLUDD Mario would be a very fun character to play and he is Second on my most desired list, he doesn't have that much importance to Nintendo and there are very many more deserving characters that could be included. I hope there is room for FLUDD Mario, and I will continue to support him until the day Brawl is released. After that, it doesn't matter how hopefull I am, nothing will change so I can only hope for the best.

HiddenTiger

Smash Lord
Your right, adding a new sword to Link doesn't make him a different character than Link, but it would make him fight differently than the original Link. Just like adding a waterpack would make the new Mario fight differently than the existing one.

For all you know, weilding a different sword might make Biggoron Link(or whatever you might call him) an interesting character to play as. I am not a huge fan of Zelda, but you seem to be. What if you were insistant on this Biggoron Link idea, then someone decided to scrap your whole character and make the sword an item. You might be mad if you thought that the different sword would completely change the character and make him/her more appealing. I don't know how greatly having a different sword would change Link's moveset, but I can tell you that it changed at least half of Mario's moveset by just adding a waterpack. This is different than a Wingcap for Mario or a Vacuum for Luigi, because the Wingcap only made Mario fly and the Vacuum only sucks up ghosts and fire. FLUDD allowed Mario to jump extremely high, run very fast, fire water like a projectile, hover over large gaps, fire fruit and little creatures and weaken enemy defenses so you could attack them. That's one or two new functions compared to 6! Of all the random enhancments Mario has come across in his many adventures, FLUDD is by far the most diverse, and I would be upset if it were reduced to a mere item.
I think you may have missed my point there. I already realized that the FLUDD could very well make Mario have a completely separate and in all liklihood quite fun moveset. You've already proved it with the moveset you made. My major problem is that giving somebody an item does not merit letting them appear twice. Like giving Link a different sword, giving Mario the FLUDD doesn't change that it's still Mario. I'm not opposed to having Multiples of the same character, so long as they are different enough (in terms of aesthetics, realism, and play style) that it woldn't seem so cheap to me. There is enough of a difference between Samus and ZS Samus that it doesn't bother me. The same goes for Link and Young Link (that, of course, is assuming that Young Link reappears as he does in his newer, so-called "Wind Waker" style.) If there is to be another Mario, it should be one that is different enough that the casual gamer won't look at the game and go "Why'd they put the same guy in twice?" Something like Paper Mario would be a perfect example of what I'm talking about. Not only would he have a completely separate moveset, but he would look and feel different enough that hardcore Smash Fans wouldn't feel cheated over a wasted character slot, and casual gamers wouldn't be confused as to why the exact same person took two spaces.

Rhyme

Smash Lord
I think you may have missed my point there. I already realized that the FLUDD could very well make Mario have a completely separate and in all liklihood quite fun moveset. You've already proved it with the moveset you made. My major problem is that giving somebody an item does not merit letting them appear twice. Like giving Link a different sword, giving Mario the FLUDD doesn't change that it's still Mario. I'm not opposed to having Multiples of the same character, so long as they are different enough (in terms of aesthetics, realism, and play style) that it woldn't seem so cheap to me. There is enough of a difference between Samus and ZS Samus that it doesn't bother me. The same goes for Link and Young Link (that, of course, is assuming that Young Link reappears as he does in his newer, so-called "Wind Waker" style.) If there is to be another Mario, it should be one that is different enough that the casual gamer won't look at the game and go "Why'd they put the same guy in twice?" Something like Paper Mario would be a perfect example of what I'm talking about. Not only would he have a completely separate moveset, but he would look and feel different enough that hardcore Smash Fans wouldn't feel cheated over a wasted character slot, and casual gamers wouldn't be confused as to why the exact same person took two spaces.
Ok, I understand now. I hadn't thought before that there were different levels of variation from the origional character. That's why ZSS and Paper Mario would be acceptable. I still would love to play FLUDD Mario, but as you have said, not before other characters. I think you may have gone a bit overboard with the other characters which were more deserving, but you are correct in saying that there are plenty of other more deserving characters. I know the chances are slim, but I really hope FLUDD Mario is in Brawl.

VirtualGameCafe actually had an idea for Paper Mario, which is probably the most acceptable Mario varient. I helped him revise it, and now VGC is going to pick and choose between his original ideas and mine to make a full moveset. *I say "he" because VGC referred to himself as a he.*

HiddenTiger

Smash Lord
Alright, then. At least you can see where I'm coming from with this now. That's all I really wanted to show you. Also, where did I mention characters that deserve it more? I can't seem to recall that. I might have, but I don't remember it.

DarkKyanite

Smash Journeyman
lmaooo i totaly agree having fludd mario in brawl, since i played sunshine b4
but if fludd mario's in it, then luigi with that super vaccum will have a chance of making the cut then lol

Rhyme

Smash Lord
lmaooo i totaly agree having fludd mario in brawl, since i played sunshine b4
but if fludd mario's in it, then luigi with that super vaccum will have a chance of making the cut then lol
Vacuum Luigi...interesting...

Show me a good moveset and I might agree. I can't possibly imagine what his moveset would be like.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Which he most likely will... And still I wouldn't support the idea, because why add another Mario varriation if your cutting one? =/ Not that Mario with Fludd lacks the moves, but because I'm against characters with 2 character slots...

HiddenTiger

Smash Lord
Well, hey. When you put it like that you make me sound like some sort of jerk... T_T

Then again, I probably already did that at some point, now that I think about it...

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
That would be a neat character, but I kinda skeptible about it. It truely is not Mario, but Mario w/t FLUDD would be better. I played and beat that game (awsome game ppl, don't h8 it), and I think that was a great idea and moveset. I give u credit 4 being original & coming with a great moveset. Despite this, I think it could take spots 4 other characters that would be better. If there was room at the end, & they had totally good characters in (as much as they could), I'd jump & say yes.
But under these cimrucmstances with 1 billion chracters 4 Nintendo 2 choose from minimal, litterally lol....i no ppl who think they should b in BRAWL, lol) I'd say there at least 20-30 better ones (no offence in anyway). Waluii (o ya pure original, don't h8 him cause no doubt he in BRAWL), Paper Mario, Bowser Jr./ Shadow Mario, WLink & Midna, Zant, Sonic, Diddy Kong, Dixie Kong, K Rool, Deoxys, Princess DAisy (no total cloning plz), Krystal, and Wolf r some of these. It would b better as an item probablly anyways, and would probablly more intresting (3 items, with some sort of way to switch between spray & other ability). I also thinkLuigi's vacuum, and Bowser Jrs. paintbrush should b items (with the paintbrush still wielded by Bowser Jr./Shadow Mario). I think ppl r burnt out on Mario (not me), with the exception of Paper Mario, and other Mushroom Kingdom characters. I think it would b a lot better chance an an item or items, rather than a character. All the item possilbities above, POW, bumper (put back in, without taking out flipper), and even a cape like Mario's and Docs would all make great items. I say great attempt, but probablly won't make it after a few character idea cuts....At least u tried, probablly got a 5% chance at best as character!:)

Rhyme

Smash Lord
*UBER BUMP* by Johnny

Meh, FLUDD Mario honestly has about .2% chance of getting in, but that's still something to hope for. I realize that there are many far more deserving characters.

Thanks for the support anyways, I appreciate it. You could feel free to PM me next time, or not, whatever.:) Also, I took the liberty of designing a Paper Mario moveset, it's roughly post #360 in the "Brawl Character Movesets" thread if you wanted to check it out. I used to have it as a hyperlink in my sig, but that went inactive for some reason and I can't figure out what it was. That moveset was written for a friend who played Paper Mario tTYD and therefore somewhat assumes a general knowledge of the attacks. I'd be happy to explain if you'd like, but not publically, cuz that's not how I roll.

Top Bottom