• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FLUDD Mario as a character

Profanity

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BHC-Prof
FLUDD mario deserves a spot right after ... Goomba ..
What ho? I RAGETH!

How DARE you suggest Goomba in jest! The Mighty Goomba is most deserving of a spot!

I shall list his qualifications, and triumph in your awe!
-

GOOMBA's MOVE SET

>: Walk right.
<: Walk left.

(Passive): Own a single sharp tooth!

-

WHAT MORE DO YOU WANT?!

Rhyme

Smash Lord
I ask again: why? Why waste an entire character slot on FLUDD Mario when you could easily make FLUDD an item that any character could use?
FLUDD mario is a completely unique fighter, with some unique abilities, he introduces a very unique combination of several characters, and i believe that these reasons make him deserving of a character slot.

as for FLUDD as an item, i believe that is a waste when you could have the character instead. by your deffinition, fludd the item would basically be a combo parasol and fireflower. i would much rather have one of my favorite characters than the item my character uses.

Rhyme

Smash Lord
FLUDD as an item is a waste? It takes WAY more space to make a character than to make an item.
look i just wanted fludd mario and hoped others would agree with me, thats it. i presented several reasons why he would make a good character, and space is hardly an issue when you are talking about a whole game. you know they will add someone else from mushroom kingdom so who? i say FLUDD mario. everytime i state a valid reason, everyone instantly tells me i am wrong. well i realize that fludd mario isnt the best idea ever, but if there are 40+ characters in brawl whats one character slot over an item that no one will ever use. i think most smashers evolve beyond the desire to use items quickly. actually consider what i am saying, its not a bad idea. plus, why should snake make it in over FLUDD, he is third party! why dont we allow nintendo in before non nintendo?

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
I'd rather they pull of some crappy stunt like giving FLUDD mechanical legs and arms and have it fight on it's own over having Mario with it to waste a character space.

Rhyme

Smash Lord
FLUDD mario is not a waste of space, he could be a good character. i dont go around saying that G&W is a waste of space(even though technically he doesnt occupy space because he is 2 dimensional). FLUDD mario has every right to be in the game, and i agree he is not at the top of my list for most deserving, but most desired yes. and i did not mean not actuall characters such as like-likes, but i did mean actuall characters, and FLUDD mario is one of them IMO.

Black/Light

Smash Master
I don't want FLUDD mario just like I don't want Pichu/ Y Link or Doc. Why have 2 characters that are the same person?
(I support Wolf Link because he is in not way like reg Link AND Midna gives him a pass because she's not Link, she's a different character that works with him. (^_^) )

Rhyme

Smash Lord
I don't want FLUDD mario just like I don't want Pichu/ Y Link or Doc. Why have 2 characters that are the same person?
(I support Wolf Link because he is in not way like reg Link AND Midna gives him a pass because she's not Link, she's a different character that works with him. (^_^) )
so you like the wolf link form that link takes, or the form he gets with the help of minda? well mario takes a different form with FLUDD. if you truly believe that than i truly believe you to be a hypocrite.

Black/Light

Smash Master
so you like the wolf link form that link takes, or the form he gets with the help of minda? well mario takes a different form with FLUDD. if you truly believe that than i truly believe you to be a hypocrite.
*smiles*

Wolf Link with Midna IS NOT the same thing as FLUDD Mario. They are a teaming/ joining between 2 characters. It's not like Mario with a water backpack (A backpack that would make a great item).

Not the same there for Im NOT a hypocrite.

Rhyme

Smash Lord
fine, if everyone hates fludd mario so much, then there is no point in trying to changing your minds. your obviously black and white against the idea and i cant fight it. mcfox just shut the thread down.

Black/Light

Smash Master
fludd joining w/ mario? ring any bells?
Lets see. . . .

FLUDD, a water gun backpack (great ITEM) joining with Mario to make a Mario with a water gun backpack.

Midna, a magical cat of origans unknown that can cast spells and so on joining with Link which changes into a Wolf (4 legged K9). So you have a 4 legged wolf with a magical cat on his back (Owww what will happen?).

Same? I think not (^_^)

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Please don't double post.

And I'm leaving this thread open, so that the next time someone does want to talk about FLUDD Mario, there's already a topic available to them. But by all means, if you don't feel like defending it anymore, then don't. Trust me, I've taken more than my fair share of flack on my Paras support.

Rhyme

Smash Lord
thats fine leaving it open so i can argue and loose lol. btw who IS paras? is he that mushroom thing?

and i realize that the link minda combination is a much cooler combo, but that was beside my point. all i ment was that your example is still two characters working together for a common goal, and they form one character ultimatly. btw do you actually play as minda or is she just a magical creature that helps you for the purpose of the storyline?

You forgot his:

Super Smash Attack: Walk in BOTH DIRECTIONS AT ONCE!!!1
Lol,you forgot something as well:

V:Flatten(Death) Lol

but i don't see why people are reacting so negativly towards FLUDD Mario,yet people love Doc. and want to see him in Brawl,yet someone comes up with a Mario clone with an indivdual moveset and then they complain.

What do you want people??!!!

Also,SSS a horrible game??f i wasn't so nice,i would be neg-repping xianfeng right now=/

SupaSmashBrotha

Smash Ace
The fact that Dr. Mario actually had a stand alone game. So he's not a complete Mario clone; whereas, FLUDD Mario is just some made up name for Mario with a super soaker on his back.

P.S. I always thought that Dr. Mario was Mario from another universe.

Xenocide

Smash Rookie
i like the idea of FLUDD mario, but as a seperate character i dont think its worth taking another slot that would knock someone else out.

mebe as a move like zelda's or possibley a power up

The fact that Dr. Mario actually had a stand alone game. So he's not a complete Mario clone; whereas, FLUDD Mario is just some made up name for Mario with a super soaker on his back.

P.S. I always thought that Dr. Mario was Mario from another universe.

Um,FLUUD Mario did have his own game,Super Maio Sunshine!!XDD

In that case Dr.Mario is just a made up name for Mario with a Doctors robe on.:dizzy:

xianfeng

Smash Hero
Also,SSS a horrible game??f i wasn't so nice,i would be neg-repping xianfeng right now=/
because I don't like a game? I didn't like the super soaker idea but I let it pass making it an sub-par game but then I got to the final boss, it dissapointed me so much making it a bad game and then Bowser's voice made it my least favourite gamecube game.

Um,FLUUD Mario did have his own game,Super Maio Sunshine!!XDD
That was Mario's game

Wrench

Smash Apprentice
no-no-NO! lol this is terrible, we already have a variation of mario in melee, if they put dr. mario in brawl AND fludd mario, why not like "tiny non super mushroomed mario" or some other idea. We only need one mario and no variations

HiddenTiger

Smash Lord
I really don't see the point of continuing this discussion. After all, there is no such thing as FLUDD Mario in the first place. Once again, it's just the same Mario we've always had. No point in debating a non-existant character.

Black/Light

Smash Master
thats fine leaving it open so i can argue and loose lol. btw who IS paras? is he that mushroom thing?

and i realize that the link minda combination is a much cooler combo, but that was beside my point. all i ment was that your example is still two characters working together for a common goal, and they form one character ultimatly. btw do you actually play as minda or is she just a magical creature that helps you for the purpose of the storyline?
Well, from what I know she is with you all the time and you 2 work as one MOST of the time (theres some pics of Wolf Link alone).

And, like I said, FLUDD would be a great item.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Please stop being this stupid. Dr. Mario is Mario. So is FLUDD Mario. There's really no point in arguing about it.

Stryks

Smash Hero
What MCFox said, why dont we add Ridley, Metaridley and the X parasite infected Ridley in brawl while were at it? Or kirby, Fire kirby, ball kirby, and fighter kirby? FLUDD as an item= way better idea...

Rhyme

Smash Lord
I really don't see the point of continuing this discussion. After all, there is no such thing as FLUDD Mario in the first place. Once again, it's just the same Mario we've always had. No point in debating a non-existant character.
i was just suggesting a replacement for dr. mario, since i believe it is inevitable that he is taken out of smash bros.

and stryks, doesnt kirby get one, mabye two new attributes when he gains an enemy's power? i understand your point but thats a little different than the 10 new moves FLUDD gives mario, as well as the one advanced movement technique.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Maybe still all the ridleys have diferent attacks, but at the end there the same guy, Its the same with mario, he might have some new moves, but at the ends its still mario...

Rhyme

Smash Lord
Maybe still all the ridleys have diferent attacks, but at the end there the same guy, Its the same with mario, he might have some new moves, but at the ends its still mario...
true, it is still mario. but i wouldnt care so long as the fighter was different. and come on its mario. he has taken so many forms over the years, honor one or two of them why not. dr mario at least fought somewhat different, although he was clonish. im telling you as a fighter, FLUDD would be different, character aside.

Stryks

Smash Hero
I have no problem with that, But its like putting wario with his normal yellow costume and the wario from warioware, its the same with link and Y. Link, there the same guy, thats just wrong, at least they got it right with sheik and zelda, there the same person but there not seperated...

Rhyme

Smash Lord
I have no problem with that, But its like putting wario with his normal yellow costume and the wario from warioware, its the same with link and Y. Link, there the same guy, thats just wrong, at least they got it right with sheik and zelda, there the same person but there not seperated...
yea i can see the difference with zelda and shiek, although they probably did that just because zelda actually changes into shiek in the game. its not like link changes into young link during his game. and yea i guess i see your point, you dont like the double character idea from the start, and i can see where you are comming from. i would hate it if they did that with samus, like if they made a prime samus and a prime 2 samus. for some reason, the mario, link, and zelda doubles dont bother me, but samus would. if mario happens to bother you than i would understand why you wouldnt want FLUDD in brawl.

Meleeruler

BRoomer
BRoomer
Okay, now, I relize this is a bit old (not too old, but still) but please, I'm trying to make a decent discussion with this.

Now, I am AGAINST the actual character, and FOR the item, (because of the fact that there would be two Marios). Now, I was talking to my friend, and we were talking about the character vs the item. I told him and item would be a better idea, and then he says that an item would be a waste of 3 nozzles. And if it had two or three or four nozzles in the item, it would be a very good and cheap item.

Now, I had a very hard time countering this with more than my "I dun want two Mario's, yo" point. I finally had an idea, but I would like to hear what you guys have to think about it, first.

Rhyme

Smash Lord
Okay, now, I relize this is a bit old (not too old, but still) but please, I'm trying to make a decent discussion with this.

Now, I am AGAINST the actual character, and FOR the item, (because of the fact that there would be two Marios). Now, I was talking to my friend, and we were talking about the character vs the item. I told him and item would be a better idea, and then he says that an item would be a waste of 3 nozzles. And if it had two or three or four nozzles in the item, it would be a very good and cheap item.

Now, I had a very hard time countering this with more than my "I dun want two Mario's, yo" point. I finally had an idea, but I would like to hear what you guys have to think about it, first.
no its not that old we can still discuss it. what i say is biased because i started the thread and therfore have a predetermined opinion but, im with your friend that FLUDD would either be a waste of an item or an overpowering item. your in the minority with that thinking in this thread so your aware. you said you had an idea but never mentioned it. are you reading the previous pages? or did you want support before posting?

Top Bottom