• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Florida Thread (Revamp Underway)

Do you want to make this thread relevant again?

• Yes, I've been waiting so long for this day!

Votes: 28 93.3%
  • No, this thread was never used much anyway.

Votes: 1 3.3%
  • I never even knew this thread existed...

Votes: 1 3.3%

• Total voters

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
Yeah...
It's a loltourney. But it's hosted by the school, and the school's relatively new. So...
they're just doing they're best.

Rohins

Smash Lord
NNID
Rohins
It was good seeing so many FL peeps at pound. Special shout out to AfroThundah for steppin with me in the street and hooking me up with cookies. Special shout out to harriettheguy for MMing my luigi.

FL community is so tight nit, too good. See you all at CEO ...and Genesis???

Two-Ell

Smash Master
Don't Choke is happening this Saturday. It's probably going to be the biggest FL Melee tourney so far this year. ESAM is also hosting his brawl monthly the weekafter.

:rosalina:

B_AWAL

Smash Master
My names aglow and I'm a **** nice 2 meet U!

Kill Your Self :)

@XoFF - No Prob

edit: I think I might finally get a F**KIN CAR!!!

B_AWAL

Smash Master
Ummm we got a LOT of Nubs so sure!!!

& jus lemme kno wen u all havin a tourney so we can come visit and that way NFL can get better

XoFF

Smash Journeyman
totally agree! we do weeklies at UNF at 6pm.. text or call me @ 904-333-1771 and i will keep you posted when the turnout is looking good so you guys can come out. we can also delay the tourney here til later so u guys can make it if needed. go ahead and shoot me a text so we can further communicate, my name is cody

B_AWAL

Smash Master
Phones broken so Imma call u prob 2morrow (I cant text but I can call)

(954)618-9548 Nick

and if u ever wana come 2 a party lemme kno cuz as Aglow points out.. I DJ and on top pof that we have these things called Juice parties!!!(Basically there is a free drink all night and theres half naked black girls everywhere)

XoFF

Smash Journeyman
sickkkk do u know c-po (chip) from jax? he used to party in tally alot he plays samus but he was in a fraternity or something that went to tally alot. im def down to party wit u in tally tho lol

Sheth

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shethblade
3DS FC
4639-8959-1952
Ah great, I found the thread again. Anywho, I was looking over this yesterday and thumbed through some of the listing in the interest of a friend I have down in Florida. She's over in Sarasota, and the listings 'round there in the first post are all people that show up as inactive in their profiles. I'm just trying to scoop around for names/places for this person to get started on a local practice basis - she'd get intimidated as hell at a tournament turnout with the likes of riddle and ESAM. So basically, I'm looking to know if there's any weekly smashfests going on in the immediate area where she might sort of meet some people and level up a bit before traveling a greater distance out of town for games.

Two-Ell

Smash Master
Hmm Sarasota is quite out of the way from most scenes. It's in Northern South-West FL. I have two scenes to recommend to her, but she's going to have to do an hour driving at the least to get to them. I hope she has a car lol.

For one, She could try going up to Tampa's scene if she wants practice. She can chat with Red Halberd about Tampa's training sessions. He does a good job and I'm definitely sure she can improve loads. He could help her out if she can make it up there.

Another scene she could try is FL Gulf Coast University's. FGCU Viper is running the scene down there and it's pretty new player friendly. There are lower leveled players in that area, but they're picking up well with Viper's aid and even have their own crew. Swamp *****s lol

She's not likely to encounter PR players(aside from Halberd in Tampa and he's a FL teacher) unless she travels to Miami or Orlando, both over two hours of travel by car.

:rosalina:

B_AWAL

Smash Master
Caught you.
Welcome to the herd.

LMFAO Imma give it a watch if its REALLY jus like the good ol cartoons

Imma prob watch it from ep 1 tho instead of 16 like u reccomended and Imma watch it after I watch this bleach filler

edit: rainbow ****ing dash!!!!

Top Bottom