• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Florida OOS Tourney Planning Thread

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
O.O

i really want to go to this. if i can scrounge up airfare money, ill go with you afro

if we go, wanna take down cali together in doubles? :laugh:

AfroQT

Smash Master
I'm not on cool the cool kids list? :( hateful

but anyways, how much is airfare and hotel gonna cost. cuz u gotta get it done fast or else prices go skyrocket
I just named random people lol.
Imma look into housing, and start looking into costs now. Imma wait till after FAST to make my FINAL decision.

Gonna start looking into housing.

If i go GDX im probably gonna team with XYZ.

xYz

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1049-0933-6834
ya I'm def in to go to cali, alot of FL should go, we could all be chillen in CALI BABY... i never been so I wanna go pretty bad.

EVERYONE SHOULD GOOO.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
ya I'm def in to go to cali, alot of FL should go, we could all be chillen in CALI BABY... i never been so I wanna go pretty bad.

EVERYONE SHOULD GOOO.
yea i never been to cali either...the furthest west i've been is texas but i was way too young to remember it...and i havnt been out of state since i went to NY when i was like 10.

i do wanna go, and i will go if i can get money for airfare and whatnot. So im hoping for either:
A. I win some money from fast single or doubles, because the entire thing is going to this cali trip if i do
B. hit some form of florida lottery before then

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
Linguini wants to go to a tourney in MD/VA instead of Cali.
What do you guys think?
it'd probably be less expensive...but those states suck :urg:

not suck in smash, just suck as states in general

i'd choose cali if i had the money to go to either, but i'd end up tagging along with whatever the group decided anyway

SabinX

Smash Journeyman
I will prolly be going to some form of cali tournaments since all the good players in SoCal go to my school/ live within an hour's distance max

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
If I go to CH4 and Alvin (Garbanzo) doesn't go, who wants to team? :027:
if i go, ill team with you. our team name has gotta be "nothin but a G thang"

i guess its better if we go to CH4. although i may have to go through hell or high water to get that monday off, at least we wont miss August gigs, since its probably gonna be Aug. 30th (best time to get max attendance with all of UCF returning and whatnot).

and because we wont miss august gigs, we may have 1 more opportunity to win some money to pay for this ****

Gingerr

Smash Lord
If we place at Willvo and I get to go to CH4, I get automatic first dibs on Gmoney.
Hell yes.
Also a decently good chance I might be able to go to that since it's in Maryland, I have friends up there who fly me up. . .expenses paid :]

chckn

Smash Ace
If we place at Willvo and I get to go to CH4, I get automatic first dibs on Gmoney.
Hell yes.
Also a decently good chance I might be able to go to that since it's in Maryland, I have friends up there who fly me up. . .expenses paid :]
Have them fly me up too :]

Frames

DI
CH4 and Cali both look really nice...CH4 would be more likely because it wouldn't be during school.

Also, I'm down to drive to Chu's final biweekly on Aug. 1-3, looks like fun!

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
Im down for either one hands down, i have money no doubt, its a permissino thing, but i dont think that'll be a problem at all. im a big boy now.

so yea, cali is nicer but more expensive, like alot, so i think the ohter is better, more convienient.

if we all **** that one, then we can look into a cali tourny later in the days....

i say baby steps.

if we go to the VA one, im 99% sure i'd have free housing, at least for myself, so thats nice.
soooo yea, my votes for that one.

AfroQT

Smash Master
Me and guini have indefinitely decided on going to CH4 as opposed to the Cali one. I'll update the thread or somethin.

Gmoney

Smash Ace
Jacksonville, FL (UNF) Location: Tavares, FL
LOL @ nevershootme; my family isn't rich at all, son... We just meet that minimum requirement to not get money from the government. My education is being payed for only by the lotto (bright futures), some awesome people at UNF, Smash and the small amount of money that I have saved. No johns though, because I'm covered.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
any money i win from any tourney (if any) will go directly towards airfare for this tourney, cause i really wanna go.

i can then meet alphazealot, and we can trade diddy tips :laugh:

Top Bottom