• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Flavorless Mafia: Game Over. Who won?

ヽ(*・ω・)ノ♪

Masqeurain/soup
I swear to god Gheb, you over insinuate everything. You're not going to stop hammering this point and as much as I'd like to roll my eyes into the back of my head, I'll respond.

Gheb said:
. It selectively interprets Kary's approach towards the player he chooses to give a free pass as trying to "undermine" them. I don't even wanna know the amount of toasting walrus that is needed to come to such a conclusion.
I'm saying he is undermining the people who put on a list of 'mislynches' on D1, putting them as merely worthless. The need to put such a comment doesn't serve any other purpose to make him look better and the others look worse, because he's setting a precedent on the 3 slots he mentioned, for no other reason to *gasp* Undermine them. Do you know what that means? Maybe? You stretched my wording and completely took the context of it in the most ridiculous fashion, and I genuinely don't understand your point here. What you're telling me is that I made an assumption on Kary, but because you disagree with it, it is therefore bad. That's literally it.

There are many ways to interpret Kary's initial behavior yet the one honk chooses is not only one of the most unlikely ones but also one of the few that actually leads into a direct accusation against Kary. No townie in their right mind - certainly not one who wants town to win this game - would brush off all the possible interpretations of Kary's play only to choose the most unlikely and damning one.
Just because it's unlikely, doesn't mean it isn't possible. Did you forget how mafia works? You interpret a player's actions, and while not everyone might not have the same interpretations, you just don't just ignore it. You tell me 'i don't see why kary is scum at all', and I can't say anything more because I've already made my point as to why I felt he was scummy, I can try and shake you and try to get you to see what I'm seeing, but you're damn stubborn which is why I didn't want to go on this in the first place, because you're going to find a way to dislike regardless what I do because you're Gheb.

That's something you couldn't even label scummy or anti-town anymore - it's a way of playing that's virtually completely excluded from a townie's arsenal. I can't remember a single instance in my time of playing mafia in dGames where a townie played like that.
Gheb, I think you're nuts. Really, like seriously. What the **** are you saying here? Not in a townie's arsenal? It's not in my best interest as a town to state how I feel about a player? You haven't stated as to why it's scummy, you've been beating around the bush and dare I say, reaching. Then again, I might be reaching too, It's day one, and usually in day one, you're left out of having any information and you have to make assumptions of the people around you; did you just want me to sit there and say nothing? I wanted to get people to react to it, to get a response out of Kary. I think that's perfectly normal, wouldn't you say?

his whole post is ******** but the bolded part is particularly bad. It's just another one of them exaggeration that serve no purpose other than to blow a pretty minor and worthless point out of proportion to make the person he talks to look bad. He finds himself "confused" - even "alarmed" - over Kary deciding to give three players a free pass for Day 1? Kary's logic and his explanations may be poor and not of sound logic but they are by no means hard to comprehend, let alone "confusing". And even then, it's quite a leap from "confusing" to ****ing "alarming". That's not the kind of leap that a townie trying to figure out things could possibly do.
Bold: JUST BECAUSE YOU DECIDE SOMETHING IS WORTHLESS DOES NOT MAKE IT WORTHLESS TO EVERYBODY ELSE, YOU'RE BASICALLY INCRIMINATING ME ON THE IDEA THAT I DON'T AGREE WITH YOU, BUT I THINK I MENTIONED THAT BEFORE DIDN'T I

*ahem*

Yeah, what Kary said was confusing to me. I didn't get why he was doing the things he was doing, and what would you say the best thing to do in that situation is? Let something go unanswered? Ignore it? Do you think that helps anyone? Do you think that helps me? No, it doesn't help anyone by keeping quiet. I want to get my thoughts and opinions out there if I can, and for you to tell me that's wrong is just stupid.

You're also trying to pin my word choice as scummy, you haven't really told me my scum intention, I feel like I'm being lectured here, not being actually dissected. You're not my teacher Gheb, hop off the armchair and look around you; maybe even consider what you think of my previous play?

Gheb, I town-read you. It's not because I like you, it's because I think you're dense. A town dense, so stuck in his ways that I can't possibly fathom that a scum would be this dense, and I'd like to believe as scum you'd be more manipulative in this situation and perhaps trying to cover your ground, and honestly? I appreciate a little of you putting yourself out there and making this 'case' on me. It's townie, it's genuine. Consider it a stroke of ego on your part.

ヽ(*・ω・)ノ♪

Masqeurain/soup
So, you're not gonna listen to me? You're not gonna do anything? My points mean nothing? You've set your mind on this despite me making a counter-argument?

It's like we both got on the debate stage, you said your piece, I refuted

and then you just got up and left and declared victory to yourself

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Can you go into what you like about Ruy/Gheb/Honk/Jake?/quote]

Well as to Ryu/Gheb/Jake - their posts, and the way they wear their hair. But mostly their posts. Never said I liked Honk.

Hiding intent, you are putting up a mask. You usually do this and it aggravates me because I cannot read someone who is deliberately hiding what they truly mean to say so adamantly.
You are very weird this game. By weird, I mean you are not the Kary I remember from the past. Usually you have a method to your posts and a reason to why you are doing such things,
Uhh, which one of these do you want to stick with? You don't like my play, fine, just say that, don't pull some imaginary meta reasons out of your ass please.

Who do you think is scum right now?

I think the best way to summarize it is that I feel it's faking content. Yes, it's well thought out and logical, but what does it accomplish? It's more of an explanation of how to mafia than it is anything that actually helps town in-game. I don't expect super-hard stances on page 4, but his post makes every effort to sound deep and thoughtful without actually progressing the game.
Is Jakestan your top scum read? I feel like the criticism you level at him here can just be explained by him being new.

fos jakestan
someone please vig this slot if he survives past today
>.>

Right now I'm on the side of things where I think J's hardcore Jakestown read is off. As has been mentioned by several other people, I read that and thought "Ok so he's writing a book on 'How to be a good townie', why is J so impressed by this?" Feels like J is buddying up to a new town player. Don't like it.
Hey, what do you think of sjoupey aka Honk?

Kk, how are you feeling about the Soup/Joey aka Honk wagon that is going on right now? Do you think people are making valid points, or is it another example of “mislynch waiting to happen” happening right now?
I don't really like Sjoupey right now, I guess the best way of putting it is that I don't know where there head is at or what they're trying to do. I feel like they had a back and forth with Gheb that did nothing, now they're doing the same with Ruy.
That being said, I haven't seen anything that damning against them. I feel like most people are just reading the slot off of meta and it's hit or miss what that read ends up being. I did say I was giving them a bye through to D2, hopefully they've done something more by then to make their lynch less of a coin toss.

I was with you until the last sentence but now things make even less sense than before you tried to explain ...
Well it's easy to fake vote people if you abuse the fact that you have to unvote between votes. 'cept Garg's vote had moved back to Gorf so Ran wasn't enforcing that rule.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
EWBOP:

Can you go into what you like about Ruy/Gheb/Honk/Jake?
Well as to Ryu/Gheb/Jake - their posts, and the way they wear their hair. But mostly their posts. Never said I liked Honk.

Hiding intent, you are putting up a mask. You usually do this and it aggravates me because I cannot read someone who is deliberately hiding what they truly mean to say so adamantly.
You are very weird this game. By weird, I mean you are not the Kary I remember from the past. Usually you have a method to your posts and a reason to why you are doing such things,
Uhh, which one of these do you want to stick with? You don't like my play, fine, just say that, don't pull some imaginary meta reasons out of your ass please.

Who do you think is scum right now?

I think the best way to summarize it is that I feel it's faking content. Yes, it's well thought out and logical, but what does it accomplish? It's more of an explanation of how to mafia than it is anything that actually helps town in-game. I don't expect super-hard stances on page 4, but his post makes every effort to sound deep and thoughtful without actually progressing the game.
Is Jakestan your top scum read? I feel like the criticism you level at him here can just be explained by him being new.

fos jakestan
someone please vig this slot if he survives past today
>.>

Right now I'm on the side of things where I think J's hardcore Jakestown read is off. As has been mentioned by several other people, I read that and thought "Ok so he's writing a book on 'How to be a good townie', why is J so impressed by this?" Feels like J is buddying up to a new town player. Don't like it.
Hey, what do you think of sjoupey aka Honk?

Kk, how are you feeling about the Soup/Joey aka Honk wagon that is going on right now? Do you think people are making valid points, or is it another example of “mislynch waiting to happen” happening right now?
I don't really like Sjoupey right now, I guess the best way of putting it is that I don't know where there head is at or what they're trying to do. I feel like they had a back and forth with Gheb that did nothing, now they're doing the same with Ruy.
That being said, I haven't seen anything that damning against them. I feel like most people are just reading the slot off of meta and it's hit or miss what that read ends up being. I did say I was giving them a bye through to D2, hopefully they've done something more by then to make their lynch less of a coin toss.

I was with you until the last sentence but now things make even less sense than before you tried to explain ...
Well it's easy to fake vote people if you abuse the fact that you have to unvote between votes. 'cept Garg's vote had moved back to Gorf so Ran wasn't enforcing that rule.

ヽ(*・ω・)ノ♪

Masqeurain/soup
@ #HBC | Kary #HBC | Kary I haven't been able to really get back to you but I want to know what you were thinking in early-phase regarding me, but I want to put it aside for now because unlike Gheb, I'd like to progress this read instead of just sitting on it, unwilling to see things differently. Could you tell me how you feel about the whole PB+J/J debacle, for starters?

Inglorious Retards

Gheb_01|JTB
So, you're not gonna listen to me? You're not gonna do anything? My points mean nothing? You've set your mind on this despite me making a counter-argument?

It's like we both got on the debate stage, you said your piece, I refuted

and then you just got up and left and declared victory to yourself
Your counter-argument is that I'm a salty ego-monster who doesn't know how to play mafia.

:059:

ヽ(*・ω・)ノ♪

Masqeurain/soup
In honesty, both me and Joey are uncertain of ourselves right now, and we agree this game is really weird. We don't have a lot of people we town-read presently and we're both uncertain on who we do think is scum. We'll have a more formatted posts with our reads and etc. hopefully soon, but Joey wants to wait a bit more and I can't say I don't disagree with him.

I'm a salty ego-monster who doesn't know how to play mafia.

truer words never spoken ghebbycakes

but no seriously, get off your goddamn high horse and consider me actually being town for once, or maybe even talking it out with me because yknow

that's what town does

Inglorious Retards

Gheb_01|JTB
See, you keep accusing me about how I'm supposedly sitting on a high horse and how I am too arrogant to even reconsider my read on you. It's on you to do that if you care so much. And as long as you keep pushing that part of my play - which only you seem to see right now - into the spotlight I'm going to assume that I hit a nerve because right now YOU are the one who is reluctant to give me the kind of treatment that you ask ME for.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
@ #HBC | Kary #HBC | Kary I haven't been able to really get back to you but I want to know what you were thinking in early-phase regarding me, but I want to put it aside for now because unlike Gheb, I'd like to progress this read instead of just sitting on it, unwilling to see things differently. Could you tell me how you feel about the whole PB+J/J debacle, for starters?
Oh are you having a pissing match with someone? I'd not noticed! Glad you shoehorned it into this question to me.

Need more content from both J and Ridd*ck. In itself, I don't think J buddying someone is that surprising or suspicious.

ヽ(*・ω・)ノ♪

Masqeurain/soup
Oh are you having a pissing match with someone? I'd not noticed! Glad you shoehorned it into this question to me.

Need more content from both J and Ridd*ck. In itself, I don't think J buddying someone is that surprising or suspicious.
goddamn i asked a question i didn't threaten to murder your family tone it the **** down

ヽ(*・ω・)ノ♪

Masqeurain/soup
See, you keep accusing me about how I'm supposedly sitting on a high horse and how I am too arrogant to even reconsider my read on you. It's on you to do that if you care so much.
/quote]

You haven't proven me otherwise

The funny part of is this and the part you seem to not get is that i town-read you, so im not pushing you

And as long as you keep pushing that part of my play - which only you seem to see right now - into the spotlight I'm going to assume that I hit a nerve because right now YOU are the one who is reluctant to give me the kind of treatment that you ask ME for.
yeah you pinched a nerve i felt reluctant to respond to you as a means of defending myself from anyone who believed in the same garbage you were spouting, all the while trying to get you to see things differently

inb4 defending one-self is scummy
inb4 strawman
inb4 salt

ヽ(*・ω・)ノ♪

Masqeurain/soup
EBWOP:

See, you keep accusing me about how I'm supposedly sitting on a high horse and how I am too arrogant to even reconsider my read on you. It's on you to do that if you care so much.
You haven't proven me otherwise

The funny part of is this and the part you seem to not get is that i town-read you, so im not pushing you

And as long as you keep pushing that part of my play - which only you seem to see right now - into the spotlight I'm going to assume that I hit a nerve because right now YOU are the one who is reluctant to give me the kind of treatment that you ask ME for.
yeah you pinched a nerve i felt reluctant to respond to you as a means of defending myself from anyone who believed in the same garbage you were spouting, all the while trying to get you to see things differently

inb4 defending one-self is scummy
inb4 strawman
inb4 salt

Gargaglione

Smash Lord
Aight, I'm outta class (and in your ass)

how do YOU feel about gorf? i want to be comfortable with gorf but i remember back in Megaman Unliminted where i town-read gorf a bit too easily and i get that same feeling here, early gorf's call to NL was pretty wacky and typical of gorf, but now that's been said and done i can't really place much gorf has truly done besides cling to the idea im scum and respond to a couple of people feel me

he has good opinions but they're not being put to good use
I'm null on Gorf, like I said, he's not reading as scum to me, as he seems pretty sincere with the things he's saying. His clinging on to the notion of you being scum is very much a Gorf thing to do. He hasn't done anything notable to sway me either town or scum.
I've explained, and it's deeper than his "petty banter," all of which I'm taking as null btw
Yea, I'm not saying that Honk is super towny, but rather that the slot isn't reading scummy to me.
I want to know why you think it's deeper than just soup's petty banter though

rid****ulous

Smash Journeyman
Two things that are failed to be explained here:

1.) How is buddying scummy?
You're establishing a connection between you and another player. A townie would have no reason to do such a thing so early in the game, because a townie should trust no one. Your confidence in jake's alignment being town, is not reasonable. Not to me.

Scum, however, may want to do exactly what you're doing. He's a new player, and buddying up to him, telling him what a good job he done, allows you to manipulate him. It feels like an attempt to get him in your corner, because you're sure in his. Luckily jake doesn't seem ready to be manipulated.
2.) Why could I not be town, trying to purposefully buddy someone to further my read on them?
You could be, but the issue isn't that you're buddying him. It's that you claim to have a strong town read on him. That's not a reasonable read to have. "Null"? Sure. "Slight town-lean"? Maybe. "Town"? Hell no, not this early, and definitely not based on that post.
So I go back to my previous two questions. Why are you choosing to look at things through the negative light instead of opening up to the possibility that I may be town just reading people a different way, considering you know this is a norm to how I play?
I know no such thing. I've played exactly 1 game with you, where I was scum, and you were indy. I don't recall you being terribly active in that game. I haven't the faintest idea about "how you play". All I know is that I didn't like it.

Will discuss with my other head.

July

Smash Apprentice
Before I get into responding to the massive amount of posts I have yet to address, I would like to explain a little about how I’m approaching this game, as it’s a new perspective/tactic for me that I’m trying to use. I took a crash-course journalism class, and the only important thing I learned is to look for JDLRs- things that “Just Don’t Look Right”. My reads as such are based on things that when I read “Just Didn’t Look Right” and then digging in and investigating why they gave me that impression.

SO, for example:

J- JDLR- Buddying Jakestan

I’ve noticed J that you’ve reduced my points against you and Kary quite a bit. I know that you buddy, and buddying in and of itself can be a scum or town tactic, and one with great benefits for getting reactions from people and thus reads as town or attempting to gain an ally as scum. In fact, I have no problems with your interactions with Gorf or myself in the beginning, which were borderline buddying but also in line with your status quo of buddying to see how people react/respond.

However, this example just doesn’t feel right in the way you shower him with praise and adoration for simply being a competent mafia player. I found his post that you commented on in your #134 completely unspectacular because all it does is establish a basic tenet of mafia that vote=pressure, and his admitting that his vote was for pressure isn’t necessarily a good thing or something to be praised- generally pressure is best applied when its disguised as genuine suspicion rather than pressure for pressure’s sake. Yet you act like this is a huge revelation and a dead town tell, which I am sorry but I disagree; it could be town, but it’s perfectly reasonable that as scum he’d also want to put pressure on a player and let it ride to see if they become lynch fodder. You jump to assumptions about his intent and about his alignment with little more than a post establishing basic mafia knowledge and competency, and that’s not what I expect from you; I expect deep analysis and critical contemplation of intent, even with potential “buddies”. I’ve come to expect your buddying, at least as town, to be a means to an end (additional information, scumhunting), rather than an end in and of itself as it seems to be here.
I think I've made it ample clear that I think they are scum? At this point I'm actually somewhat convinced that lynching them is the right play and I may even not switch my vote anymore toDay.

Kary- JDLR- Misplaced Aggression

J, you also completely missed the point on this read from me, which is ashame because i really tried to emphasize the nuisance here. Aggression, like buddying, isn’t necessarily a town or scum tell, it depends on the context and the player. In this situation, Kary’s aggression in the beginning of the game was all over the place, and was laced with accusatory tones throughout that weren’t warranted so early in the game. It seemed less like scumhunting and more like trying to find vulnerabilities in a player’s actions (such as forgetting to answer addressed to them) and exploit it. I’m also just not seeing a lot outside of the aggressive tone, which is overshadowing everything else that the slot has done tbh but I think that’s because Kary hasn’t actually done a lot, it just feels like he’s had a strong thread presence because of his tone rather than his actions.

@Gheb: I’m curious, knowing how vehemently you want Honk dead right now, why didn’t you address my post and my stance on Honk? I mean, I’m also just curious why you haven’t addressed me yet in general, but I’m specifically interested in what you think about our differing reads on Honk.

Sorry for the cockblock but I'll ask @ #HBC | Kary #HBC | Kary to not answer this in case of Ryu, Honk and Jake. He may go into detail on how he reads Honk as town but the rest seems to be completely irrelevant at this point and better kept for himself.
As much as I question your bloodlust for killing Honk, I can see town intent behind this post in terms of making transparent only the information that is necessary or relevant for scumhunting.

@ July July hey I REALLY like you Imma have your back instead sorry J.

Garg reads as Regigigas to me: slow start. The trend with em seems to be not quite having a read for what's going on, and on page 5, I'd MUCH rather have that then forced stances. Town for now, will keep eyes out.
Kk fair enough. That’s how I feel about his play so far as well, but your response mostly just helped me become more convinced that you are working from a town mindset by appreciating honestly over forced stances, and also not forcing a stance on him yourself.

@ July July , what are your thoughts on J's 161 specifically?
I addressed this up in the opening part of my post, but ultimately the “subtext” that J talked about seeing in Jakestan’s post and this extravagant praise for his play and his intent seems overblown and fabricated because there very simply isn’t anything to the post he quotes that reveals anything about intent or alignment.

Oh and @ July July my positive vibes stem from the nature of his read on jakestan, sure it may be a stretch for me to read em as town but I TOTALLY understand J's read. Jake didn't receive the most friendly of intros into the game (it feels like people are just ****in swarming him for swarming's sake in some cases) so his posts are understandable in the nature they've been written. If that's why J is town reading em (which it seems that way) I completely understand where J is coming from. I'm just taking that as a tell of his ability to play for now, kinda in the same way that "playing like Gorf" is a thing
Also fair enough. What do you think of the players who have swarmed Jakestan, as in do you see any of them as possibly having scummy or malicious intent?

Gorf, I have a feeling you glossed over her post a bit. She has no real analysis of Kary's play and truly delves into my play through the wall. Which makes me have a question for July:

@ July July : You talk in a largesse amount about me and how you are not liking my buddying as a main reason for your suspicion on me. Quite a few questions come from this because you know how I play and you know for a fact I buddy regardless of alignment. You choose to go the negative aspect of buddying = scumJ and explain why in detail. You also say that my questions are fruitless, but that's because people had not been here to answer them and I was in the thread alone for quite some time. So the it begs the question, why did you just hop-on to the Kary wagon and not vote me at the end of your post? You seem to feel stronger about a scumJ read, but you just FoS me. It evens comes more as a head-scratcher when PBJ votes me in the previous post so my wagon does have steam, but you choose the...for lack of a better word "safer" choice.

You need to explain why you choose to vote Kary in your analysis post because I am not seeing the reason besides "I agree with his aggressive play is scummy."
Honestly, I see you and Kary on the same page in terms of advancing the tread forward in terms of scumhunting, in that I haven’t seen either of you doing it. You’ve both established a presence in the thread, Kary through his aggression and you through your town read on Jakestan followed by your defense of said read, but neither of you are telling me who is scum and why, or even some leans. It’s an issue to me this in this game you have both established yourselves as presences in the thread but are just hanging in limbo from there, addressing petty issues, answer questions addressed to you, providing town reads but the scumhunting isn’t here yet.

In terms of the “wagon”, both of you had a singular vote before I voted, and I’m glad that your wagon got another vote after my vote went to Kary; I suspect both of you and I think that both wagons and the pressure being applied to both of you is valid. I simply couldn’t vote for both of you, and I also knew from past experiences that FoSing you would get your attention anyways and get a reaction from you, which is almost as good as vote and helps achieve some of the same goals anyways.

July

Smash Apprentice
The formatting in that post got all types of messed up, but everything in the "Gheb" quote past the line "I think I've made it ample clear that I think they are scum? At this point I'm actually somewhat convinced that lynching them is the right play and I may even not switch my vote anymore toDay."is my analysis and responses to people's posts. Sorry if it's confusing.

Also V/LA tomorrow, 4/8, as I will be flying cross country and will have no internet access

I also request that you guys don't do something stupid and lynch anyone during the 24ish hours during which I won't be able to contribute here.

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
[quote="Gargaglione, post: 16576688, member: 192084"
Yea, I'm not saying that Honk is super towny, but rather that the slot isn't reading scummy to me.
I want to know why you think it's deeper than just soup's petty banter though[/quote]

It. Has. Been. Posted. Twice. Read. My. Posts. Plz.

Also Gheb's words are pretty true to what I'm vibing with too, if you'd like to add that on.

July said:
Also fair enough. What do you think of the players who have swarmed Jakestan, as in do you see any of them as possibly having scummy or malicious intent?
The only notable suspicion I've seen on the slot seems to be fromar's, but I'd rather see what they have to say in more detail before determining how I feel. Aside from that nobody's approach to em strikes a notable chord.

Watchu makin of Riddick?

#HBC | Gorf

I feel similar to *******; every post they have made... They feel too diplomatic. It's as if he can't simply disagree with somebody, the opposing side HAS to know that he's okay with them having a different opinion in the following examples:

I actually skimmed over these posts from the hydra when I originally voted em. I didn't like that they reacted to Garg initially, but when I saw that he said that he can "agree to disagree," I reread it to see and ended up liking the slot less, hence my vote.
It's how the slot interacts with most other slots that I'm not digging. It feels like the only dirty his hands have gotten are recently with Ruy, and even then their back and forth feels somewhat shallow. His base for the Karebear read is laughable and seems to have fallen flat. Oh and also I don't even see how this is on par with the typical Soup pile on personally aside from the fact that it just happens to be soup.
Like really. Is this that ****in hard?

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
V/LA till Friday

So I found out I have 3-4 papers due by like tomorrow-Friday so I am gonna put mafia on pause for a bit so I can finish these.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Votecount 1.6

frozenmarsh751
July
**: J
Gorf:
Kary:
FrozenMarsh, July
Honk: Jakestan, Gheb, Gorf,
Rid****ulous
Nicholas1024
Gheb_01:
Badwolf
J**: Rid****ulous
BadWolf:
Gargaglione
JakeStan
Red Ruy:

Not voting:
Honk, Nicholas1024, Kary, Red Ryu, Gargalione

Notes:
J states V/LA until Friday.
July states V/LA for tomorrow. (4/8)
Ranmaru will be V/LA tomorrow (4/8) until around 5:00pm. (So enjoy this last vote count of today :p)

*= Currently being replaced
**= V/LA

With 13 players, it takes 7 votes to lynch
The deadline for Day 1 is April 16th, at 11:59 PM

Last edited:

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Just had a freezing cold shower and not really in the best mood for playing this but what the hell.

Pretty disappointed to see neither Ridd*ck or J answer my questions from #245 (link), even though I made an effort to just ask something simple.

Also, it goes without saying but where the **** is Badwolf?

At the moment I think my strongest townreads are Gorf and Gheb, and I feel pretty ok about Nich and Ruy. In terms of who I am looking at, I feel as though Ridd*ck/J holds a scummer, but I haven't really seen enough yet. J's recent V/LA doesn't fill me with confidence, either.

In honesty, both me and Joey are uncertain of ourselves right now, and we agree this game is really weird. We don't have a lot of people we town-read presently and we're both uncertain on who we do think is scum. We'll have a more formatted posts with our reads and etc. hopefully soon, but Joey wants to wait a bit more and I can't say I don't disagree with him.
Well I look forward to that post from you.

In this situation, Kary’s aggression in the beginning of the game was all over the place, and was laced with accusatory tones throughout that weren’t warranted so early in the game. It seemed less like scumhunting and more like trying to find vulnerabilities in a player’s actions (such as forgetting to answer addressed to them) and exploit it.
For what it's worth, I'm not sure there's that big a difference between scumhunting and 'trying to find a player's vulnerabilities and exploit them'. The fact is that I've never read J wrong in a game, and I can normally tell his alignment just by asking him if he's town. To me it's the same as he was being asked to claim or something, and apparently didn't notice. As they say in France, très suspicious.

jakestan

Smash Cadet
caught up on the thread will post soon

I like Gheb's vote on Honk #235 ; even worse (for honk) is #241. It bleeds out scum to me. from experience players who belittle their opponent in response to claims that they are scum are generally scum or terribly bad at the game. lots of ad-hominem and over-aggressive play feels very scummy and I feel there is a significant chance the slot is scum.

More votes.

:107:

#HBC | Gorf

@ July July

For what it's worth, I feel like I was right in saying that Kary's posting had been for the sheer purpose of stirring things up and reading up on it, and his lack of "solid" content had been cuz of lack of much opinion, evidenced by what was provided in his post before this.

@ #HBC | Kary #HBC | Kary did you elaborate on your honk read or did I read past it?

ヽ(*・ω・)ノ♪

Masqeurain/soup
if J still holds to his strong-town read on Jakestan after that post i'm going to ring him by the neck because it's ********

in fact everything jakestan says is ********

so for now you're just filling the thread with mindless posts?

I don't like that ; I feel like you are starting to feel uncomfortable with a few votes on you and you are using the computer as a reason to stall.
the main thing about jakestan that bothers me so greatly is that he's non-confrontational, he states dislike for my slot yet in the end, it doesn't go anywhere, and the feeling i get from Jakestan is that he's trying hard to fit in, and not doing any scumhunting of his own

i think what's more conclusive is the fact he dances around with his read on me as evidenced in the next quote:

I check the thread when I go on the PC, read it, but not always respond. I like to stay caught up and sometimes don't see a reason for posting I just won't.

I have a few people who I think are leaning town but other than that my reads from the game have been fairly null; we're still very early in the game it's still D1. I was simply reinforcing my vote on you, which happens to be the vote I laid for my random vote, the post was to give a little more solid stance to my vote. Solid meaning not a random vote.

I'm voting you because I believe it is currently the best vote for town. It is the best vote for town because pressure on players makes them easier to read, and developing many early reads is highly beneficial to the town because players can be read off of how they react to vote pressure and how their play changes after the spotlight is off of them
jakestan, if you're trying to pressure me, wouldn't you be more reluctant to talk to the person you want to pressure, instead of going off of what everyone else says? J thinks this post is brilliant, and i think it's meaningless trite.

@Honk I was voting you for too much honk and not enough bonk
but no seriously I already explained that my vote was simply a place holder in the best spot a place holder vote could be, on a wagon that would lead to discussion.
Look at #126 and compare it to your play from the first three pages, and did it to advance the game and develop reads, as I had already said.
the difference between you and Gheb's pressure is that gheb has the balls to call me out, but you want to reinforce everyone that you're not stepping on any toes and basically there's a word i would give your play so far

safe.

everything you do is safe, nothing is indicative or perhaps telling, and i don't think you're getting down to the nitty gritty to make me believe that these actions hold town intent, because you've had so much opportunity to pressure me and move this forward as you claimed, yet you choose to opt out in every situation

you're playing to the room and i think you should die tbh

Vote: Jakestan

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
@ #HBC | Kary #HBC | Kary did you elaborate on your honk read or did I read past it?
I felt like I answered that replying to July:

ヽ(*・ω・)ノ♪

Masqeurain/soup
i think what tipped me off to vote jakestan is that he's the worst offender on this wagon for me, because i feel like Gorf has at least stated his intent to vote me and of course Gheb has done so too, so they don't bother me as much because i get where they're coming from

and there's nothing really much i can do about it than plea my innocence, it's not like im just gonna drop dead and accept things as they are, aggression is needed at times and if everyone were to play like you, nothing would get done

jakestan

Smash Cadet
D1 i'm not looking for positive concrete scumreads, I want to start to develop reads and even more importantly this point town reads
i'm gonna vote the player who is scummiest which is guess who

/HONNNKKK

i'm a player who goes strongly by mafia101 logic early game and look for town reads just as much as scum reads and i'm not going to out all my reads d1 ever

#HBC | Gorf

Jake has absolutely NOT avoided confrontation, and can be interpreted as a cautious player much easier than being interpreted as a hiding player. Refer to all his posts in the god damn game if you don't know what I mean.

ヽ(*・ω・)ノ♪

Masqeurain/soup
Jake has absolutely NOT avoided confrontation, and can be interpreted as a cautious player much easier than being interpreted as a hiding player. Refer to all his posts in the god damn game if you don't know what I mean.
if someone is cautious would you say that player would also want to avoid confrontation

and for that matter, how is being cautious a good thing here? i feel like i've stepped into bizzaro world

oh for ****s sake gorf when is something not going to be null

#HBC | Gorf

honk said:
oh for ****s sake gorf when is something not going to be null
I feel like this alone is enough of a reason to lynch you.

He hasn't been avoiding confrontation you ass hat. His vote has been on you this whole time. He's addressed players questions directly. He's doing what every cautious player does in every game ever. Should we just lynch Nabe D1 every game he plays? Orbo? Kary? You are CHOOSING what light you are going to read what players in. You decided early on that you'd have a bad read on jake, as evidenced by your tone toward his slot all game. You. Are. Not. Playing. A. Town. Game.

Gargaglione

Smash Lord
D1 i'm not looking for positive concrete scumreads, I want to start to develop reads and even more importantly this point town reads
i'm gonna vote the player who is scummiest which is guess who

/HONNNKKK

i'm a player who goes strongly by mafia101 logic early game and look for town reads just as much as scum reads and i'm not going to out all my reads d1 ever
I think im gonna reread Honk. Everyone seems to agree that the slot is scummy.
I'll be back with content and stuff.
I personally am finding Honk's hate on jakestan pretty OMGUS though, because JS has been nothing more/less than null right now.

ヽ(*・ω・)ノ♪

Masqeurain/soup
god this game frustrates me

gorf

listen just for a ****ing second

not everything needs to be null, not everything just has be something that you say in your head and think 'this means nothing' because yes gorf you're right i am choosing a light as to how i read players in

rewind, what are you telling me right now, gorf? you're telling me that you're choosing to read jakestan the way you are right now, you're choosing to see the ways things are right now because that's what you believe

let's go back to what i'm saying:

how is what im doing any different? i have a differing opinion from you, and that's it, you keep telling me 'im not playing a town game' but you and i both know what defines 'town game' and what doesn't is a very thin line that can be interpreted in many ways

i get it gorf, it's d1, ****ing hooray
that doesn't mean everyone approaches d1 the same way, that doesn't mean you should expect players to play a certain way, my feeling why you dislike me is that i'm not playing the way you think a townie should play

which is ignorant on your part, because you are actively refusing to see it my way

i can understand your position, but the whole point of an argument is to try and convince people to see it your way

you're the one who isn't giving me a chance gorf, you're the one who's already decided on me

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Phone posting and liking posts like its Facebook but had a quick question and I want a question answered by like Friday to Gheb/Marshy+Fro:

I think I am beginning to see a possible Honk+Ridick scum-team, thoughts?

Top Bottom