• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Flavorless Mafia: Game Over. Who won?

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
Oh and @July my positive vibes stem from the nature of his read on jakestan, sure it may be a stretch for me to read em as town but I TOTALLY understand J's read. Jake didn't receive the most friendly of intros into the game (it feels like people are just ****in swarming him for swarming's sake in some cases) so his posts are understandable in the nature they've been written. If that's why J is town reading em (which it seems that way) I completely understand where J is coming from. I'm just taking that as a tell of his ability to play for now, kinda in the same way that "playing like Gorf" is a thing

#HBC | Gorf

@ #HBC | Kary #HBC | Kary where's your head at? I can't help but agree with July's analysis of you even though I don't read you as scummy yet, and I feel like that's cuz there's probably just not been enough to say. Am I right? If so watchu got to say now?

Gargaglione

Smash Lord
Yea, I dont see what people are seeing in scumreading JS, he's pretty damn null right now.

ヽ(*・ω・)ノ♪

Masqeurain/soup
i don't want different factors of play to separate me and joey from being read as two different slots when we're a hydra in itself, it's understandable that we act in different ways, but i don't want to be someone who has to be messenger boy or even someone who comes back to the thread and realizes that he has some things he hasn't followed up on.

there's a lot of things that i disagree (and agree) with at the moment but i'd prefer to talk to my partner before anything else.

quick to note based on my skim

- don't really care for PB+J/Orb's vote on J, not that isn't bad, but his reasoning seems a bit fodder
- i cannot be bothered to read J (yet), but i have noticed his attitude towards stan which is where most of the flak he's getting. i'd rather hear what jake has to say about all this more than anything.
- gheb's dumb lol

ヽ(*・ω・)ノ♪

Masqeurain/soup
tbh @ #HBC | Gorf #HBC | Gorf most of J's suspicion comes from the fact he's being tagged as buddy-buddy J scum as far as I know and I haven't seen anyone say something otherwise; what makes me you think that isn't the case here? His post might be understandable to you, but I do think J was nuthuggin' a bit too hard on stan for a post that wasn't even that worthwhile, practically spewed as Joey put it ' It's like Jakestan picked up pressure101 from a bookstore and read us the introduction chapter. .-.;'

because that's how i feel, nothing about it was impressive and or even townie
if anything, i lean with the opinion that it's so damn null that's almost intentional null, like he's trying to play textbook townie

ヽ(*・ω・)ノ♪

Masqeurain/soup
EBWOP:

side-note on PB+J, i think the whole 'buddy-buddy' thing for J is wrong

J's always been buddy-buddy, he's buddy-buddy as town as much as he's buddy-buddy as scum, so i feel PB+J's action to incriminate J is really just 'fodder' as in i think it's a point that is not even worthwhile to look at, but from someone like PB+J, i would expect them to go 'jee J sure is buddying that player very scummy 2 buddy players' and vote them, so it's kinda me going 'PB+J's vote is okay from a perspective i can understand where it's coming from but i don't like how they went about it and i don't like their entrance at all'

#HBC | Gorf

I check the thread when I go on the PC, read it, but not always respond. I like to stay caught up and sometimes don't see a reason for posting I just won't.

I have a few people who I think are leaning town but other than that my reads from the game have been fairly null; we're still very early in the game it's still D1. I was simply reinforcing my vote on you, which happens to be the vote I laid for my random vote, the post was to give a little more solid stance to my vote. Solid meaning not a random vote.

I'm voting you because I believe it is currently the best vote for town. It is the best vote for town because pressure on players makes them easier to read, and developing many early reads is highly beneficial to the town because players can be read off of how they react to vote pressure and how their play changes after the spotlight is off of them
I mean I don't think it's too far fetched to say that this came across as a sarcastic response to your post that he quoted, and in context it totally makes sense. You're asking him why his vote didn't move and he didn't really feel like you deserved a straight answer for what is admittedly a very straight forward question. I do the same thing all the time. Marshy does the same thing all the time. He just took his answer in a m"I'm gonna treat you like you're 5 years old" manner, and if that's the subtext J is talking about I understand why he's townreading em off of iut I simply don't agree. I think the buddy buddy thing is just J being a flamer, there's plenty of other things I'd rather call someone scummy for personally, and I sincerely doubt scumJ would go THAT far out of his way to make jakestan feel like J has a special place in his hear for em.

ヽ(*・ω・)ノ♪

Masqeurain/soup
im messing around, im pretty happy tbh and not pressured for once

it's nice

also it's part of my gimmick as an annoying cat riding on a tricycle honking at everybody, and your post made me feel better about myself :nifty:

Gargaglione

Smash Lord
im messing around, im pretty happy tbh and not pressured for once

it's nice

also it's part of my gimmick as an annoying cat riding on a tricycle honking at everybody, and your post made me feel better about myself :nifty:
Aight
Whatchyu have to say about Gorf confidently scumtellin you?

ヽ(*・ω・)ノ♪

Masqeurain/soup
doesn't really bother me too much, i liked gorf's post and feeling he's getting from J, so if anything i'd like to work with him than be against him, but i don't really know the actual reason why he thinks we're scummy, when i feel like i tied up loose ends with him earlier

how do YOU feel about gorf? i want to be comfortable with gorf but i remember back in Megaman Unliminted where i town-read gorf a bit too easily and i get that same feeling here, early gorf's call to NL was pretty wacky and typical of gorf, but now that's been said and done i can't really place much gorf has truly done besides cling to the idea im scum and respond to a couple of people feel me

he has good opinions but they're not being put to good use

Gargaglione

Smash Lord
Gorf seems to be just posting what's on his mind atm. It feels sincere to me, different from a feeling i got from him in DC/Pokemon Conquest where he would try to act casually and have some forced jokes and whatnot.

Speaking of DC/Pokemon Conquest, J's play actually reminds me a lot of dabuz's play from that game too, except without the bizarre extraneous focus on pushing a single slot

ヽ(*・ω・)ノ♪

Masqeurain/soup
Gorf seems to be just posting what's on his mind atm. It feels sincere to me, different from a feeling i got from him in DC/Pokemon Conquest where he would try to act casually and have some forced jokes and whatnot.

Speaking of DC/Pokemon Conquest, J's play actually reminds me a lot of dabuz's play from that game too, except without the bizarre extraneous focus on pushing a single slot
could you give specific examples because for me im feeling town but not really feelin' town

i want us to be friends and toast walrus but he doesn't seem to want to do that :(

ヽ(*・ω・)ノ♪

Masqeurain/soup
basically so far the feeling this game gives me is that i don't want to delve too hard into trying to decipher J's walls or nich's walls or any of that matter because i know for certain they will not be the lynch today and i look at j and go 'yeah i get this' as much as i go with nich and say the same thing

so both of those slots for me are in the pile of 'not offensive'

and then as i told joey in the qt, i just get a feel that gheb's being genuine with me despite his ego being there of course

in all honesty i have a lot of null and not enough 'town' right now, and that bothers me

I guess the reason I'm not concerned with jakestan is that, while not being super brownie townie ultra supreme, he's not suspicious either. J is the one conjuring reads out of nowhere, not jakestan. I guess the place where my head went is, "J seems to know an awful lot, based on very little." The only people who would know anyone's alignment, are obviously scum.

If J did turn out to be scum, I'd think jakestan was probably town. Outside of that, he's null. Why? Do you honestly think J and jakestan are both scum, and J decided to buddy the **** out of him in front of god and everybody?
i don't see how J is 'conjuring reads out of nowhere' and felt his point on Jakestan (while completely blown out of porportion) was understandable, please tell me why you feel J is not being genuine without ciphering to the point of him being buddy buddy because that's a weak point in the first place

jakestan

Smash Cadet
@Honk I was voting you for too much honk and not enough bonk
but no seriously I already explained that my vote was simply a place holder in the best spot a place holder vote could be, on a wagon that would lead to discussion.
Look at #126 and compare it to your play from the first three pages, and did it to advance the game and develop reads, as I had already said. About Gorf, he is doing a lot of filler / **** posting but it's generally fine & sometimes funny so I don't mind. His posts have been null to me; but I don't really like his posts so far on this page in particular #210 #202 but it seems to be a gimmick thing. He's null to me. I don't understand his confidence that Honk is scum telling.

@ #HBC | Gorf #HBC | Gorf do ya wanna give a bit more detail in your scum read bud?

I feel like J's initial response to my post #130 could be trying to buddy , but that isn't always a scum tell. According to Honk, J is buddy buddy every game, as scum or town. I feel J's posts have been pro town imo

@Nicholas1024 How do you feel about Gorf?

#HBC | Gorf

Not really, but how about you show me what isn't specific enough about my scum read? Hell maybe it'll save Garg the time to reread if you properly quote my suspicion!

#HBC | Gorf

Well then you simply haven't read my posts well enough to warrant curiosity. Find the two posts of mine that directly mention the specificity of my scum read on Honk, and quote em and revise your question if needed, thanks :)

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
@ #HBC | Kary #HBC | Kary where's your head at? I can't help but agree with July's analysis of you even though I don't read you as scummy yet, and I feel like that's cuz there's probably just not been enough to say. Am I right? If so watchu got to say now?
Gorf, I have a feeling you glossed over her post a bit. She has no real analysis of Kary's play and truly delves into my play through the wall. Which makes me have a question for July:

@July : You talk in a largesse amount about me and how you are not liking my buddying as a main reason for your suspicion on me. Quite a few questions come from this because you know how I play and you know for a fact I buddy regardless of alignment. You choose to go the negative aspect of buddying = scumJ and explain why in detail. You also say that my questions are fruitless, but that's because people had not been here to answer them and I was in the thread alone for quite some time. So the it begs the question, why did you just hop-on to the Kary wagon and not vote me at the end of your post? You seem to feel stronger about a scumJ read, but you just FoS me. It evens comes more as a head-scratcher when PBJ votes me in the previous post so my wagon does have steam, but you choose the...for lack of a better word "safer" choice.

You need to explain why you choose to vote Kary in your analysis post because I am not seeing the reason besides "I agree with his aggressive play is scummy."

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Ok, time to dive right into this.

Let's play a game. It's called "Whose the better killer?"

Right now I'm on the side of things where I think J's hardcore Jakestown read is off. As has been mentioned by several other people, I read that and thought "Ok so he's writing a book on 'How to be a good townie', why is J so impressed by this?" Feels like J is buddying up to a new town player. Don't like it.

Vote: J
Two things that are failed to be explained here:

1.) How is buddying scummy?
2.) Why could I not be town, trying to purposefully buddy someone to further my read on them?

I do buddy random people in games to get a better feel for their alignment. I know abosultely nothing on JS besides that he is new to DGames and I play games to figure out my real read on them. I did like JS' post because I truly understand where he is coming from. If I were to have wrote the post he did, I probably would not have gotten any flak for it because people understand I play to a similar manner. However, because JS is new, he is being torn apart because it's "textbook 101"? That's just using poor logic. The buddying was over-the-top, but for good reason.

Listen to marshy, he understands that I do find my reads in, albeit, unique ways, but they have a point to them and they also have a point to what I am specifically doing. Because of my post I know am able to generate discussion and connections based on people's reads of JS and by the way people are choosing to look at how I am buddying people.

Key word is choosing. Some people are choosing to take it as null, while others think it is alright, while others think it is scummy what I have done. That's a plethora of connections upon my flip if I were to ever be NK'd/lynched which is fantastic for town. Plus people have chosen to take a stance on JS which is a great sidebar to have with the Kary/Honk lynches being at the upmost focus of town at the current time.

So I go back to my previous two questions. Why are you choosing to look at things through the negative light instead of opening up to the possibility that I may be town just reading people a different way, considering you know this is a norm to how I play?

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
J, my #167? Also, what changed between you disliking Nich's "stretching" earlier and saying it isn't in a malignant way now?
Thought it was rhetorical since it had no question mark haha. Nich's stretching is just Nich being Nich. I mean look at the way he responded to my response. He completely backed off once he realized he was wrong. So I get the impression he isn't trying to stretch things on purpose but it comes across that way since he is so ferocious when he feels he has something. I still dislike his stretching, but I don't find it scummy. More anti-town. Hopefully that makes more sense.

J, I don't get why you're hiding this gem you found, unless it's the fact that he's right in your opinion. If that's the gem, then I have no idea how he could reach that conclusion as easily as you could, considering that you're mostly using meta to describe it, which is something he can not do at all since he has none. You're weird.
The gem has been explained. I think I have talked about this enough and gone more into when talking about my post to PBJ. I am not using meta, however. I guess to say I am imprinting my own train of thought is equal to that of JS' and since I am coming from a town mindset I feel JS is more likely to be towny rather than scummy. Plus nothing of his play so far has thrown red flags, yet others seem to think otherwise. If we take away the fact of what I am seeing through my methods, then yes, his play leans towards just null since he hasn't really posted much in terms of reads. He needs more posts for me to solidify my read on him, but at the time I made my buddy post, I felt him as a stronger read then anyone in the game.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Votecount 1.5

frozenmarsh751
July:
J
Gorf:
Kary:
FrozenMarsh, July
Honk: Jakestan, Gheb, Gorf,
Rid****ulous
Nicholas1024
Gheb_01:
Badwolf
J: Rid****ulous
BadWolf:
Gargaglione
JakeStan
Red Ruy:

Not voting:
Honk, Nicholas1024, Kary, Red Ryu, Gargalione

Notes:
Badwolf's V/LA ends today.

*= Currently being replaced
**= V/LA

With 13 players, it takes 7 votes to lynch
The deadline for Day 1 is April 16th, at 11:59 PM

Last edited:

Inglorious Retards

Gheb_01|JTB
Question: why are you instantly assuming that the players you listed will be mislynches this game and putting a precedent on people for no other than to undermine them? Your holier than thou attitude rubs me off the wrong way.
This is honk's first post and it's already mad scummy. It selectively interprets Kary's approach towards the player he chooses to give a free pass as trying to "undermine" them. I don't even wanna know the amount of toasting walrus that is needed to come to such a conclusion. There are many ways to interpret Kary's initial behavior yet the one honk chooses is not only one of the most unlikely ones but also one of the few that actually leads into a direct accusation against Kary. No townie in their right mind - certainly not one who wants town to win this game - would brush off all the possible interpretations of Kary's play only to choose the most unlikely and damning one. That's something you couldn't even label scummy or anti-town anymore - it's a way of playing that's virtually completely excluded from a townie's arsenal. I can't remember a single instance in my time of playing mafia in dGames where a townie played like that.

you're trying too hard kary, just let the thread resume naturally because a lot of what you are saying is a bunch of hooblah, like i can't even fathom that you believe half of what you're saying and if you are you really need to slow down because you're trying to predict the game before it's even started like

if badwolf is scummy, i'm pretty sure im going to vote him regardless of him 'being badwolf', there's no need to hand-hold someone or give them benefit of the doubt because what you're doing is giving them a chance if they're scum to get away with inherently scummy actions

which is bad, and that same treatment should be made for all players, i really don't understand your approach right now and i find myself confused and alarmed, i feel you're being quite weird, maybe even a bit uncomfortable
This whole post is bollocks but the bolded part is particularly bad. It's just another one of them exaggeration that serve no purpose other than to blow a pretty minor and worthless point out of proportion to make the person he talks to look bad. He finds himself "confused" - even "alarmed" - over Kary deciding to give three players a free pass for Day 1? Kary's logic and his explanations may be poor and not of sound logic but they are by no means hard to comprehend, let alone "confusing". And even then, it's quite a leap from "confusing" to ****ing "alarming". That's not the kind of leap that a townie trying to figure out things could possibly do.

---

On page 3 I have voiced my concern over the other post honk had made at that time. The other two posts he had made before I voted him were unrelated to the game's content and are of no concern. The point is that the entire content soup had provided until the moment I voted him is virtually impossible to have been provided by a townie. The whole flailing bull**** that some dumbasses read him as town happened after that ... and it's not like he quit the ad hominem approach anyway. No kidding, I'd be perfectly fine with lynching the slot here and now without any claims or hesitation. He's scum, simple as that.

:059:

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
But this is mainly all she said:

July said:
Gorg’s comments on Gorf and Kary in his #92 (“Gorf being Gorf is null and means nothing to me. Ruy has little content (as does everyone so far) and he seems to be just trying to get things started, as does Kary.”) summarize essentially how I feel. The only thing that I would add is that some of Kary’s aggression just doesn’t look right to me, like this aimed at J:

Aggression in itself isn’t bad, but so far it’s felt a bit aimless and misdirected at petty things that require follow-up, but not necessarily urgency or confrontation.

Kary for this hyper-aggressive behavior that I don’t see going anywhere or providing anything productive other than being a presence in the thread.
Basically just "I agree and hyper-aggressive equals scummy." Where do you get she said more about him?

frozenmarsh751

frozenflame751|marshy
honks scumread of ruy is UNBELIEVABLY ****ty

i dont find julys or riddicks pushing of j scummy in and of itself

might just say **** it and hop the wagon. im not at the moment for the sake of bein in sync with frozen

#HBC | Gorf

Well then I'd suggest you read those last two paragraphs better J, cuz saying that all buy is saying is that hyper aggressive = scummy is downsizing precisely what is being said.

Top Bottom