• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FL Social Thread:You Mad, You Lose.

Dreadz18x

Smash Ace
U aint ready for it son Im gonna be on that Ninjalink status.

Level 9 CPUs are already cowering in fear lmao.

There'll be vids up tomorrow if people in tampa actually decide to come out to PnT XD.
i dnt care bout ur 100 characters get good wit one character not decent wit a bunch

Leh

Smash Ace
Blowing yourself up XD? Yeah it's probably worth the damage but it'll still put you at a disadvantage if the falco is a fighter. In hand to hand Snake has a ground advantage but falcos ability to camp still makes the matchup pretty even IMO.

U aint ready for it son Im gonna be on that Ninjalink status.

Level 9 CPUs are already cowering in fear lmao.

There'll be vids up tomorrow if people in tampa actually decide to come out to PnT XD.

EDIT:

And the only real way to "combo" or get strings of punishment in brawl is to predict airdodges and sidesteps. It sorta requires a different kind of mindset from Melee (not that I played melee competitvely so what do I know).
Snake destroys falco in every aspect on the ground, you can even outcamp falco, If you time your grenade pulls and throws inbetween falco's lasers.....

40% is very much so worth it.
Not to mention falco dies like..50% earlier then snake does.
ITs better that then losing a stock.

Anyhoo i'd prolly fight a falco with my wario anyway.

OverLade

Smash Hero
i dnt care bout ur 100 characters get good wit one character not decent wit a bunch
Im already good with several characters. Using multiple characters comes naturally to me. In 64, and Melee I learned to use every character well, and in brawl, I'm well on my way.

If you play with common sense you can play multiple characters using the same basic style and still do alright. Once you learn those characters individual strengths you can make them amazing.

If you're smart using several characters shouldn't be difficult. After playing Metaknight since the game came out, I'm not gonna learn anything, and there isn't much left for my falco to learn. I can simply get better at what I already do.

But yea more Diddy's and non Snake, MK, D3 users in general are good for FL. Hope you like the monkey
I'm trying to use a few characters that are underepresented right now. We'll see.

Dreadz18x

Smash Ace
Im already good with several characters. Using multiple characters comes naturally to me. In 64, and Melee I learned to use every character well, and in brawl, I'm well on my way.

If you play with common sense you can play multiple characters using the same basic style and still do alright. Once you learn those characters individual strengths you can make them amazing.

If you're smart using several characters shouldn't be difficult. After playing Metaknight since the game came out, I'm not gonna learn anything, and there isn't much left for my falco to learn. I can simply get better at what I already do.

I'm trying to use a few characters that are underepresented right now. We'll see.
aight.. to each his own.

and diddy popularity is gonna shoot up so high after ninjalinks display of monkey bizness

Dreadz18x

Smash Ace
Snake destroys falco in every aspect on the ground, you can even outcamp falco, If you time your grenade pulls and throws inbetween falco's lasers.....

did i play ur wario yet?

OverLade

Smash Hero
aight.. to each his own.

and diddy popularity is gonna shoot up so high after ninjalinks display of monkey bizness
Yeah Im tryna be early on the hype because I know it's coming.

On paper Snake destroys falco, but it's not like falco doesn't have options. Falco can reflect grenades that snake throws between lasers, and you can SHlaser to SHdair, Dash attack, DACUS, Shine or grab. If you mix these up you can keep snake guess, and anytime he reacts incorrectly, you get damage. I'm not gonna get specific, but in matches like SK92 vs. Meep, Snake clearly doesn't **** Falco if you play the matchup right. Falco has options, and snake has options, it just comes down to skill from there.

Gay matchup XD.

OverLade

Smash Hero
yo redhalberd boi. if ur as good as u say u are. why dont u play melee. u should be just as good. literally
Ive thought about it. But I have bigass hands, and bigass hands = noass coordination. My fingers don't move fast enough to perfectly wavedash and L cancel junk everytime, so I find myself fumbling the controller trying to do stuff. I can only shorthop with falco lol (which is cool cuz I use Falco) and I havent played it in a while.

I think I could be just as good as I am in brawl, and when I watch videos I can see the mindgames and read similarly to I would in brawl, but when I try it in the game my fingers won't move fast enough.

It sorta sucks. But if I'm ever at Gigs you can teach me lol.

Finch

Smash Lord
Ive thought about it. But I have bigass hands, and bigass hands = noass coordination. My fingers don't move fast enough to perfectly wavedash and L cancel junk everytime, so I find myself fumbling the controller trying to do stuff. I can only shorthop with falco lol (which is cool cuz I use Falco) and I havent played it in a while.

I think I could be just as good as I am in brawl, and when I watch videos I can see the mindgames and read similarly to I would in brawl, but when I try it in the game my fingers won't move fast enough.

All you have to do is practice. No one waveshines right after they put the game in for the first time.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2

it sounds like you have the same problem i do..i like to call them "****** fingers"

Frames

DI

have you ever met dashizwiz? that guy could crush my skull with his hands they're so big, and yet he uses them to **** his opponents

Life After Death

Smash Champion

u dont gotta be that technical trust me. but ima see u at a toruney and IF ur are as good as u say u are. orr have some kind of huge potential. u can easily be without a doubt good at melee.

Leh

Smash Ace
Yeah Im tryna be early on the hype because I know it's coming.

On paper Snake destroys falco, but it's not like falco doesn't have options. Falco can reflect grenades that snake throws between lasers, and you can SHlaser to SHdair, Dash attack, DACUS, Shine or grab. If you mix these up you can keep snake guess, and anytime he reacts incorrectly, you get damage. I'm not gonna get specific, but in matches like SK92 vs. Meep, Snake clearly doesn't **** Falco if you play the matchup right. Falco has options, and snake has options, it just comes down to skill from there.

Gay matchup XD.
Wario vs Falco is mad fun what are you talking about.

OverLade

Smash Hero
have you ever met dashizwiz? that guy could crush my skull with his hands they're so big, and yet he uses them to **** his opponents
Lol I dunno then. Mabye my fingers are just slow. I can't even Dashdance in brawl XD.

Wario vs Falco is mad fun what are you talking about.
Not for falco XD.

It's not like a **** matchup, but Wario punishes so hard. Sure you get a free 60% with CG to DACUS, and you can release grab to spike, but the way wario moves...is so gay XD.

u dont gotta be that technical trust me. but ima see u at a toruney and IF ur are as good as u say u are. orr have some kind of huge potential. u can easily be without a doubt good at melee.
I didn't suck in Melee. In fact, I never lost to anyone...ever. But I acknowledge that's because I never even knew about the competitive community until like 2006. By then I was so used to playing without those things I didn't bother adapting. But for my knowledge of the metagame, I was about as good as you can possibly be. I never lost in 64 either, but I was like 9 lol.

HRNUT (Honey Roasted)

Smash Master
Wario is gay, i never liked that character and i'll probably always hate fighting him, i'll just play snake against wario and be as gay as i need to to win cuz i really hate that match, **** jigglypuff like character :(

Life After Death

Smash Champion
Colin is too funny

Dont ColBol (11:33:56 PM): they dont wanna
Dont ColBol (11:34:02 PM): cause john always kicks people out
Dont ColBol (11:34:10 PM): oh wait
Dont ColBol (11:34:13 PM): you mean my house?
electropimpslap (11:34:15 PM): yea
Dont ColBol (11:34:20 PM): lol
Dont ColBol (11:34:20 PM): oh
Dont ColBol (11:34:28 PM): i live 25 min drive from UCF
electropimpslap (11:34:30 PM): ur place seeems liek a happy healthy envoronement
Dont ColBol (11:34:33 PM): they might not wanna
electropimpslap (11:34:47 PM): i woukd
electropimpslap (11:34:49 PM): would*
electropimpslap (11:34:53 PM): gas is cheap as ****
electropimpslap (11:36:30 PM): just move down to sfl
Dont ColBol (11:36:36 PM): lol
Dont ColBol (11:36:37 PM): k
Dont ColBol (11:36:49 PM): sleepyk is prolly gonna be here tomorrow
Dont ColBol (11:36:52 PM): hes chill
electropimpslap (11:36:58 PM): why he down ehre for
Dont ColBol (11:37:03 PM): family
electropimpslap (11:37:04 PM): he's weird
electropimpslap (11:37:06 PM): but id ont mind him
Dont ColBol (11:37:06 PM): is down here or something
Dont ColBol (11:37:10 PM): lol
electropimpslap (11:40:48 PM): cash mooney said he'll be there too
electropimpslap (11:40:50 PM): tom.
Dont ColBol (11:41:00 PM): wtf
Dont ColBol (11:41:06 PM): yeah right
electropimpslap (11:41:09 PM): yea
Dont ColBol (11:41:13 PM): ill punt him out on the street
electropimpslap (11:41:19 PM): hahahhhaah
Dont ColBol (11:41:42 PM): hes not as bad as mooney though
Dont ColBol (11:41:44 PM): err
Dont ColBol (11:41:45 PM): inui

Anonymous.

Smash Lord
Pathetic. You posted that unamusing AIM conversation in how many threads?

Winning your money will be even more satisfying now.
Like 4. But its all good.

Wait wtf your coming by here? When?

Inui, why do you think you're gonna win?
Lolwut? When did he say he would win?

He won't win but he's gonna do well obv.

Inui, MM?

And quit being so c0cky, lawlz.
LOL your telling somebody not to be cocky or arrogant. A genuine case of the pot calling the kettle black. I'm pretty sure he'll place well too. So flame me too while you're at it.

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
inui, while it is true that im not that good vs diddy, it doesn't mean NinjaLink isn't probably top 5. He still beat every other MK but plank and you and only played you once when he said he has been up for 40 hours before hand, and his loss vs plank was before esticle so he very well may have gotten better since then. He 2-0d chillins falco (both extremely close games though) despite NL admitting falco has the clear advantage. The one match of the 4 against DSF that he actually went Diddy, he won 2 stock low % on smashville vs his DDD. The other games he went rob and lost and kirby and got ***** on rainbow cruise. He 2-0d Neo with Rob, and always beats atomsk to my knowledge as well. He's also been winning NY tourneys lately. If NL only did well vs me I wouldn't think that much of it, but he does well vs many other people too.

UltimateRazer

Smash Champion
Yeah I agree. I go Falco, or even Pikachu just because it's more fun and less annoying than using Meta. People are more prone to nade camping meta for fear of nado etc, so you can get a less annoying matchup that way.

Oh, and CG to spike plus edguarding = 1 stock so....
I disaprove of this message :) TX for the win. :D

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Inui, why do you think you're gonna win?
I'm really good and perform extremely well over here taking 1st/2nd constantly even with Atomsk, teh_spamerer, Bum, NinjaLink, etc. around.

hungrybox said:
Inui, MM?

And quit being so c0cky, lawlz.
Sure. I'll MM the whole state because I want to play everyone in serious sets.

I'm only being cocky because Chopz is a prick, btw.

Leh said:
Is inui going to gigs tomorrow?
Eight_52 and Slit are taking me to Gigs in December and I'm teaming with HRNUT.

Top Bottom