• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FIU Brawl Spring Tournament 2 - Miami, FL (Currently on Hold...)

nevershootme

Smash Master
Alright, since I got the power in my school to do another FIU Brawl, I can do the following options as far as a tournament goes. The dates are either Feb. 21st or 28th

Option 1: Regular Teams and Low Tier Teams

Option 2: Regular Singles (MK Banned)

Option 3: Regular Singles (MK Not Banned)

Option 4: Low Tier Singles (Go all Gannon and Falcon happy!)

VERY LIKELY I will take option 1 since we've already done singles anyways. Cast your vote on the options and i'll look into if i can do it or not

THIS TIME: I AM GONNA BE SERIOUS THIS TIME ON RUNNING THE BRACKETS, I WANT VERY FEW HELPERS AND PLEASE DO NOT CROWD AROUND ME ASKING REPEATED QUESTIONS OVER AND OVER, JUST WAIT PAITENTLY FOR YOUR MATCH AND YOU WILL GO, I HAVE TO RUN ALL THE OTHER MATCHES BEFORE I CAN PLAY MY OWN. THERE WERE ISSUES CONCERNING A PLAYER WHO GOT DQ'D UNFAIRLY DESPITE HE WAS IN THE ROOM AND IM NOT LETTING THIS **** HAPPEN AGAIN.

Details are up later in the day, if not. then the next possible brawl tournament is on March Prior to the school's scheduled spring break (I'll have to look into that)

Master Raven

Smash Master
Either 1 or 3 :p

But if we do singles then I don't care about 2 being chosen 'cause I've already kicked *** with MK there so...

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
either date, i cant come...21st im going to either storm in daytona or hbox thingie. on the 28th theres the kissimmee tourney held by vericz.

not to mention that one of the two dates is gonna get **** on by february gigs. Hopefully its the kissimmee tourney and not the 21st

Master Raven

Smash Master
DOUBLE POST, so I'll replace it with this: I can come to this if it isn't held anywhere from the 14th-20th, because around that time we'll be preparing for going to Disney on the 15th and staying there for four days.

nevershootme

Smash Master
Well I did not see a gigs date planned for feb, only saw the march ones.

Last weekend only 44 people participated, and it was mostly the miami locals (especially in south miami) so it didn't made a huge difference in attendence if CFL wasn't able to come

verycoolguy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CoolVCG
I'll come back to this one. I would rather have the Feb. 21 date, since it's my father's birthday on the 28th. I prefer option 3.

Can I go ahead and advertise this tourney in Allisbrawl?

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
8-bit, do it for feb, between me ruuku and riddle we should run the tourny fine.

id say only trust (outside of ruuku) me riddle and afro since we have the most experience running tournies smoothly and accurately!

but yea, the reason i say push for the feb date is so theres a chance we can do ANOTHER one in march. make this the sfl version of gigs every month, that'd be freakin amazing.

if every two weeks we switch between gigs(cfl) and Fiu(sfl) not only would there be TWO consistant big tournies, only getting bigger with time, but also it be a good basis for PR's getting more people involved consistantly in tournies (IE underground/MasterRaven or whoever else we dont know yet), AND perhaps even be used for the sfl circuit.

Think about it and get back to me. I'll talk to whoever u want with the fiu asstablishment to get permission to help run the tourny. just tell me wat i need to do and i'll get it done.

P.S. Option 3

Master Raven

Smash Master
I love how everyone's picking option 3.

You guys want to play a FUN character to take out those fat penguins huh?!

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
feb 21st and 28th has so many tourneys already, and thats only orlando. 2/14 is the only free saturday in february.

Master Raven

Smash Master
I just hate that god**** CG they can like CG and use a DACUS to get me up to around 60% :(

That's why I just platform camp them lol

-!-

Smash Lord
umm this looks interesting hopefully I can make it... I regret not coming to the first one >.< ohh well....

Option 3 is good but wouldn't mind doing Doubles though

-!-

Smash Lord
I can't run doubles because of time constraints in the university.
Crap, that sucks! well then I'll go for Option 3 then...

btw let me know the Date you'll be having this 8-Bit... when ever you get it official I mean cuz I'm thinking of making another tourney here in Naples... Feb. 14 seems really nice but too soon I guess.. and if u have this on the 21st then I can use the 28th maybe... who would even bother coming to Naples for a tourney anyways??? anyone???

hopefully you get your date official soon so I can get chris to get the day off so we can go, or I may have another possible ride.. and also so I can make my thread soon too.. otherwise I'll have to push it to early march to mid cuz I dont want to host a tourney that will be happening two weeks since it becomes Official T_T...

nevershootme

Smash Master
Currently, the Tournament may not happen on Feb. or even forever due to a recent issue the school is giving me and one of the staff (supporting in having a tournament).

The issue is pretty stupid to talk about unless you guys want to speak to me on aim

Top Bottom