• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

First O.S.T.O.T.E.S.- Coventry, CT- Jul 26, 08 *UPDATED*

omegablackmage

Certified Lion Rider
ya im back in central ma now so unless you somehow got out here fatal i can't drive you.

mm catfight?

mm for anyone else going?

Chum

Smash Apprentice
So apparently the person who was supposed to cover me for work is not able to any more, and no way am i postponing this or canceling it, so i don't know what i'm going to do. :(

EDIT- This is a serious problem, but I might have to work from 12 to 6 tomorrow. I know it sucks i've had this planned for over a month. Now time for a serious question. If I indeed have to work tomorrow would some one be interested in running this for me, I would try to be back betwween 5 and 6:30, and I would need you here by 11:30ish and I would have everything almost ready, computer, wii's and a T.V. I wouldn't normaly ask this but I can not reschedule. SOME ONE HELP!!!

EDIT- Already thought about calling out. If i do that then i have a high chance of losing my job, but i'll see what i can do.

Bizkit047

Smash Lord
What job do you have? If you call out ahead of time you shouldn't be fired. Unless you do that all the time, in which case that's pretty stupid.

Chum

Smash Apprentice
I work at dunkin donuts, if i call out it will have only been my second time ever, but I've asked about 15 people to help me out and cover for me or switch shifts, so the manager will think some thing is up, o well i can't hurt to try.

Bizkit047

Smash Lord
Well call out as soon as they open so they know. You honestly shouldn't be fired over it. I work at a grocery store, and you can call out 2 hours before your shift without it coutning against you, but only are allowed to do that 6 times a year. It would be pretty lame to not show up for your own tourny you've been planning for a month. And for the future, you should have someone else for backup to run the tourny just in case you were late or couldn't make it.

Cat Fight

Smash Lord
NNID
NoGoodEndings
LOL You put this thread up like atleast 2 months ago how could you have possibly not have gotten this day off?

Seriously, I came out to Watertown to come to this tourney. :"|

I suggest calling yr boss tonight. If he doesn't pick up then leave him/her a voicemail. You work at Dunkin Donuts, there's one on every street. I doubt it's gonna be a problem...

Bizkit047

Smash Lord
Actually I just thought of something. Couldn't you have just requested the day off to not be scheduled to work on this Saturday? That would make a lot more sense than giving your shift to a friend. Unless Dunken Donuts schedules your shifts a month in advance, which makes no sense whatsoever. Or do you have the same shift on the same days and same times? Not sure how they do it, but where I work you can easily request it two weeks in advance and you're off the schedule for that day. That way you don't have to worry about someone failing to take your shift. Either way, call out or you'll have a lot of upset smashers.

Chum

Smash Apprentice
LOL You put this thread up like atleast 2 months ago how could you have possibly not have gotten this day off?
At DD they do their requesting days off thing so badly that its better not to request it off, I've decided that if i get fired or something i really don't care cause i leave next week for school any ways.

Edit- If you request a day off they are still allowed to put you on the schedule, becasue requests are only good if the schedule permits, and this time the schedule would not have allowed for me to take the day off, and if you call out on a day you requeted off but didn't get it off, then you are automaticly fired.

MdrnDayMercutio

Smash Champion
I'm challenging your Snake specifically. But I can go with someone other than Sonic I suppose.

Anyway, hopefully I can make this tommorow.

-Nana-

Smash Journeyman
I really hope this is still going on I've ALREADY wasted money picking up someone for it. Not having coverage for work is pretty inexcusable considering all the notice.

MdrnDayMercutio

Smash Champion
So yeah. I don't have a valid license and I have a rejection sticker on my car. I suppose not driving OoS was the right call... but I wanted to steal people's moneys. :(

omegawhitemage

BRoomer
BRoomer
Predictions: OBM and whoever he teams with take teams. OBM wins Singles. OBM casts Flare on everyone and drives home with all your moneyz.

shanus

Smash Hero
so far you were close.

Doubles, i think it went:

cort + obm
cat + ???
shanus + shortline999
??? for the rest of em

Ref

Smash Champion
NNID
Refpsi
Yea the tourney was good I hope to play some of you guys again.

br4n

Smash Apprentice
can we get some results chum? and it was an ok turnout imo. and btw things went really really smooth thanks for hosting :D

Chum

Smash Apprentice
I already posted the results thread in "Tournament Results" check them out there. Thanks for the complements it was my first tournament i've ever hosted. The next one will be even better.

Top Bottom