• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

First Gameplay Footage of Smash Wii U Uploaded

TheGravyTrain

Smash Ace
NNID
Theboyingreen
Everyone needs to calm down, its getting rediculous. Look at Smash 64: it was about as floaty as Brawl, wasn't it? What was "wrong" with Brawl was mostly the extreme lack of hitstun that made combos non-existent. No matter what, it won't be Melee 2.0, so don't expect it... I am choosing to be optimistic about it as a competitive game.

Ulevo

Smash Master
Everyone needs to calm down, its getting rediculous. Look at Smash 64: it was about as floaty as Brawl, wasn't it? What was "wrong" with Brawl was mostly the extreme lack of hitstun that made combos non-existent. No matter what, it won't be Melee 2.0, so don't expect it... I am choosing to be optimistic about it as a competitive game.
No, there was many, many, many more problems with Brawl. I don't expect a lot of those problems to resurface with SWU based on what I'm seeing from Nintendo and Sakurai, but you need to acknowledge that just because people hate Brawl and have major criticism for it, it doesn't mean its because they're Melee fanatics. Brawl just had a lot of problems.

NocturnalQuill

Smash Journeyman
Good god, people are already complaining. The developers already said the pace was between Brawl and Melee, what the hell were you expecting? People are so fixated on Melee 2.0 that they're ruining every future Smash game for themselves. Wait to actually play the game before you shoot it down. I think the speed is a happy medium personally.

L cancelling was literally never a glitch. Neither was wavedashing, are you daft?
Not technically a glitch, but it was an exploit. The developers never meant for it to be utilized in the way that it was.

L Canceling and Wavedashing are not coming back, ever. Move on.

HeavyLobster

Smash Champion
NNID
HeavyLobster43
The absence of hitstun cancelling and tripping are much more important than the absence of wavedashing and l-cancelling with respect to the game's overall competitiveness. Even if the game is slower and more defensive than Melee, that doesn't necessarily mean it's Brawl 2.0.

Ulevo

Smash Master
Good god, people are already complaining. The developers already said the pace was between Brawl and Melee, what the hell were you expecting? People are so fixated on Melee 2.0 that they're ruining every future Smash game for themselves. Wait to actually play the game before you shoot it down. I think the speed is a happy medium personally.

Not technically a glitch, but it was an exploit. The developers never meant for it to be utilized in the way that it was.

L-Cancelling is not an exploit.

TFerg

Smash Apprentice

I will, by playing PM.

MP8

Smash Journeyman
Its a bunch of free-for-all matches with items on, played in a noncompetitive setting, but a introduction at that. Its premature guys, chill out.

This *ahem* video game looks fun. I'm grateful to have another Smash Bros. game coming out.

MugenLord

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MugenLord
3DS FC
4339-2485-7226
Is this crowd that hardcore to point that certain individuals are writing this game off as brawl and haven't even played the game for themselves yet.

link2702

Smash Champion

L-cancelling was NEVER an exploit.

It was part of smash since smash64, AND it was LISTED ON SMASH64'S OFFICIAL WEBSITE AS AN ADVANCED TACTIC

please do some research before posting. L-cancelling was intentional, it was changed up in melee, but still fully intended.

Monkley6

Smash Journeyman
L-cancelling was NEVER an exploit.

It was part of smash since smash64, AND it was LISTED ON SMASH64'S OFFICIAL WEBSITE AS AN ADVANCED TACTIC

please do some research before posting. L-cancelling was intentional, it was changed up in melee, but still fully intended.
L-Cancelling is not an exploit.
I think he was referring to wavedashing, not L-canceling...

Mr.Random

Smash Ace
Gosh some people are close minded. Just play Melee and PM. Smash 4 will never be like those two games. Meanwhile I'll be playing Smash 4 online. FOR GLORY!!!

xKobayashi

Smash Apprentice
smash doesnt need wavedashing or l canceling to be good or fast, for instance, merely reducing the landing lag of all arials to the point where they are usable would be just the same, though it would take out some of the interactivity of the game play. And i dont really need wavedashing, but having movement options in a fighting game is fun, its what allows expression and creativity, i dont want to have to shield and roll to go from moving left to right, and i dont want to be forced to use projectiles because arials cannot be made to have advantage on block.

Top Bottom