• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

First Footage of Roy and Ryu Found In Leak!

Dish0ut

Smash Rookie
Slippi.gg
BASI#977
NNID
Yoderman2
3DS FC
0817-4278-1423
Switch FC
SW-6074-4583-8904
leaks like this make me so upset!

why, you ask?

BECAUSE I WANT THEM NOW, DAMNIT

D

Deleted member

Source for gif/video?
I genuinely have no idea, every time something hype gets on the front page, people seem to use this Toad GIF.

I was just ironically using it to make fun of the meme kids on Smashboards.

ZxFlashFreezexZ

Smash Cadet
NNID
Lordofgames7
OH ****!!! I'm super hyped for both characters being in Smash 4, but honestly, I'm way more hyped about Ryu than Roy. Anyone else gonna watch the Nintendo livestream tomorrow morning?

PCHU

Smash Lord
am i the only one who doesn't like the fact that ryu is in?
There are plenty of others that feel he shouldn'tve even been in the pool of potentially added characters, but I really don't think it's as awful as people make it out to be.

I'm a lot more hyped for him than Roy because Ryu seems to be more unique overall; it'll be really fun seeing what all he's capable of doing.
Not that I'm against Roy, but Ryu looks like a lot of fun.

NoMarthLeftBehind

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4098-3979-7704
I said Rosalina didn't deserve her spot because she did pretty much nothing. Ascended side character.

This doesn't count her Mario 3D world appearance, where she was pretty much the best character.

There wasn't much to actually give her, so they added the Luma, and she became the best character. Yaaaaaaaay

Lord_Spoon

Smash Apprentice
NNID
fogottenknight
3DS FC
2509-2089-2582
Well E3 isn't going to be nearly as exciting. Sometimes it's best to leave things undiscovered. Still cool though, can't wait to play as Roy again and Ryu is going to be awesome too.

Casval

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RX-104
The thing is that they are the same, same frame data and moves and very very minor damage differences. So everything that Lucina could do, Marth could do also. But with the tipper, Marth could kill earlier and have longer range. There is no different play style that Lucina could play that would be better with her than with Marth. The only advantage that Lucina has over Marth is in Free-for-all because of her balance blade, but it's free for all which no one really have any advantage.
See that's the thing though, the tipper versus the balanced blade radically changes how they're supposed to be played. Marth will often sourspot if your spacing is off, so you're forced to maintain your distance from your opponent unless you're trying for a sweet and sour combo. Lucina won't, so you do have the capability to get in very close and fight as effectively as you would at range. Likewise, not attacking at ranges which Marth would sourspot at are missed opportunities for Lucina, because she won't be punished the same way Marth would for a weak attack. Playing Lucina like Marth is somewhat inefficient, then, and playing Marth like Lucina is a very bad idea.

The characters are absolutely identical except for one property, but that one property dictates a great deal of how the character is meant to be played.

Sudoi

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Blargbla
Marth Simulator 2k15

(Please tell me they changed up his move-set ;-; )
They did. Crediar streamed the thing on twitch and showed move sets and stages. Roys N-Special is an OHKO fully charged. His forward air auto cancels, and dair sorta looks like Melee Marth, can't tell. Just a couple threads to keep you going. My job.

Sudoi

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Blargbla
Who did you have in mind? I'm pretty hyped for Ryu and cute little Ryu Kirby. As for Roy I'm neutral because I never cared for him but I'm happy that we're getting more cut veterans. Also Roy's been hitting the gym with Ike.

Pichu and Wolf ****ing when?
I personally don't think we need a fighter that hurts themselves with 80% of their moveset...

Darkraid

Smash Champion
Can we have more Metroid and DK reps?

I would like Zero, Frank West and Phoenix Wright from Capcom pls.

Zuby

Smash Journeyman
Seriously? ANOTHER Third Party character? So much for the series not losing focus...

DEDEDEDEDEDE

Banned via Warnings
NNID
MNH003
3DS FC
5300-9013-9670
Also I really really really really really don't want Ryu in Smash Bros. Already has his own fighting game and literally everyone will pick him. Just don't like Ryu in general though.

DEDEDEDEDEDE

Banned via Warnings
NNID
MNH003
3DS FC
5300-9013-9670
Why? Seriously, we have *five* Fire Emblem characters and 3 of them are going to play identically to one another. Why the hell didn't we get Chrom if we were just going to get another clone from a less significant Fire Emblem game? At least Dr. Mario has his Melee moveset, while Mario has FLUDD. Meanwhile, Donkey Kong and Star Fox only have two characters when they could easily have more.

And Ryu? Why is he here? He's iconic, but he has so little connection to Nintendo and is far weaker representation for Capcom.

I'm hoping that there are more characters who are more interesting than these two.
I would definitely rather have Chrom but I guess Roy is okay.

sc458

Smash Cadet
Roy looks like he's been hitting the weights with Ike.

"I fight for my boy".

Top Bottom