• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fire Emblem: The Discussion Thread (keep FE Fates story under spoilertags)

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
No resetting at Lunatic would give me a quick game over that is for sure.

Yea my mistake picking my first playthrough of Awakening at Lunatic (classic duh), no DLC till I beat the final boss. Just finished chapter 12 and FE13's spawn and move reinforcements are surely ..... very bad.

But yea resetting, or not resetting is a decision for the player to make. Doesn't defeat the purpose of the game especially since important story characters don't die anway, just injured, albeit permanently (except the mains, then game over).

I didn't reset only once, when Cornag died on me at the last level of Sacred Stones. I was a newbie to the series at that point so yea, didn't obliterate the final boss fast enough.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
☯ Just got my Limited Edition today, can't wait until my system transfer is competed so I can play. Just in case nobody believes me:

Shiida

Smash Apprentice
I'm crying because I can't afford the New limited edition 3DS or the limited edition version of Fates. I guess it's okay considering I'm still in the middle of Awakening LOL
you got time the europeans don't even have a release date yet. just pretend ur from the UK

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
If anyone wants to visit or battle sometime, here is my FC!
JP 3883-8792-3816
NA 0146-9366-3229

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
Isn't ch.5 the same on both versions? That chapter was pretty annoying on hard, so I can imagine. I think some of the new mechanics and weird weapons are confusing me and it's making more difficult than it should be...

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
Oh yeah, Smashboards.

The new Fire Emblem is pretty good.

Conquest chapter 10 on Lunatic was something else, probably my favorite map in the entire series.

PSA that chapter 5 lunatic on hoshido is impossible
This post was a while ago, but anyways, that was pretty interesting on Lunatic. I ended up completing it by grouping everyone in the southeast corner where a mage spawns, from there Kaze killed all the mages while filling up the guard gauge in time to prevent the wyrmslayer pair's attacks. Healing when needed, and the wyrmslayer was standing in front of Kaze so the mages couldn't attack anyone behind him. It was a pretty funny loop to watch, I not sure what other ways there might be to get through the map.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 269706

So get this, I wasn't able to pre-order the Special Edition cause I didn't think it would run out of stock so freakin quick, and I didn't keep up with the restocks. However, I know a guy who pre-oredered two of them FOR NO REASON, so I asked if I could buy his second copy off of him and he was totally cool with it. I haven't been playing too much lately cause school but thank God it's the weekend...
Btw...TEAM NOHR ALL THE WAY

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211

Will probably add in time-stamps later, but you're welcome internet. Cut out all the clapping and extra Japanese stuff but the general order is:

Main Theme
FE4
FE5
FE1
FE2
FE3
FE12
Lost in Thoughts All Alone
GBA Battle Medley
FE6
FE7
FE8
FE9
FE10
You may call me Marth
Id Medley
Main Theme Opera

Eryx

Smash Cadet
This post was a while ago, but anyways, that was pretty interesting on Lunatic. I ended up completing it by grouping everyone in the southeast corner where a mage spawns, from there Kaze killed all the mages while filling up the guard gauge in time to prevent the wyrmslayer pair's attacks. Healing when needed, and the wyrmslayer was standing in front of Kaze so the mages couldn't attack anyone behind him. It was a pretty funny loop to watch, I not sure what other ways there might be to get through the map.
I just happened to be on that chapter where I left it. I think it depends upon how your Corrin is, but pretty much if you go to the left side you can KO the two Mercs with Corrin. The Merc and Mage on the right side will be coming too you. With Azura or the others you can KO the mage and merc before they can attack whoever they want. From there you can go tackle the lower 4 enemies with all your units. You put Kaze in position to get hit by two mages and weaken them along with Rinkah next to him for extra damage as an attack stance. On the following turn their stats will be lowered where you can pretty much finish them off with Kaze (heal might be necessary on Kaze). Then, with that position you can have Rinkah + Kaze Attack Stance KO the other weakened mage and knock them out. With Corrin + Azura you can have Corrin OHKO the last mage and merc pairing. This will leave Corrin able to OHKO the last merc, but take a hefty amount of damage in return. Either because say you have a high HP corrin or you just have her chug the HP Tonic at the start of the map to survive a Wyrmslayer move.

From that set-up, the two eastern mage reinforcements were in position to get KO'd by Corrin with help of Azura. On the same turn Kaze could move into range of the lower west mage and have Rinkah as an attack support. Form there, there its easy to wrap up the rest with giving the last two mage KOs to whoever.

Alternatively, I think you can finish up the boss quickly as well depending upon how much damage Ryoma got on him if Corrin can OHKO him with the Dragonic Breath.

Last edited:

Shiida

Smash Apprentice
i hate people who have access to the witch class and especially the skill warp

finalark

SNORLAX
I decided to man up and finally play the Japanese exclusive FE games, starting with Binding Blade.

It's actually pretty underwhelming =/

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
I've actually played Binding Blade more than any of the other GBA FE games. Or most FE games, for that matter.

Reizilla

Same. FE6 is probably my overall favorite. Mostly for the characters.

Seoxys

Smash Apprentice
Man, would have wanted any other character but one from Fates. That's so tempting ><
Let's wait for a month... and twenty days... urgh...
Still, no topic about this avatar excellent changing was made ? Waow, I'm impressed !

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Ah well I am happy. Not that Sothe is my favourite character, but Radiant Dawn is definitely my favourite game. So I'm cool with my temporary avatar.

Funnily enough, I am helping my friend go through Radiant Dawn these days. I really need to finish a hard run myself (procrastination -_-).

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Mods get a set of a certain avatars. But if I wasn't one, mine's actually Ike. I'm cool with these choices.

Reizilla

I feel like I was singled out for the absolute worst avatar. Not just Robin. Not just MALE Robin. Not even actual art, but Smash 4 sprite MALE Robin? kill me now

Tomlanji

Smash Cadet
NNID
Tomlanji
3DS FC
4098-2281-7871
After using the English Patch on Conquest (because Nintendo can't port games without censoring them apparently), I have to say... this game is better than Awakening. This is what I wanted after Awakening, something challenging and engaging. Probably my favorite Fire Emblem game so far.

Can anyone explain to me why Nintendo censored this game? Since I am playing the games uncensored, I can personally say there is literally nothing wrong with the things they removed/altered. Feels like they did it for no reason other than to lose sales.

Last edited:

Reizilla

Localisation doesn't necessarily mean censorship. I'm not entirely sure all of what they changed aside from names (which were fine) but there's nothing wrong with the localised version I played. Although petting Anna would've been funny.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I haven't looked too much into the original and the localization to see the differences. At least ones that were real.

I did see one for how drastically different one support was. I think the localized version involved just silence (...) while the original was a full convo about a character's background? I really hope that's not the case on being real or not.

ZafKiel

Smash Apprentice
I just finished Awakening (finally) and was very impressed. I know Fates will be very good.

After using the English Patch on Conquest (because Nintendo can't port games without censoring them apparently), I have to say... this game is better than Awakening .
Is it worth playing the patch? I'm not too happy about all the censorship and I really need the Japanese audio (some of the English voice acting is hit or miss unlike Awakening). I'm really considering buying a Japanese 3DS

Tomlanji

Smash Cadet
NNID
Tomlanji
3DS FC
4098-2281-7871
I haven't looked too much into the original and the localization to see the differences. At least ones that were real.

I did see one for how drastically different one support was. I think the localized version involved just silence (...) while the original was a full convo about a character's background? I really hope that's not the case on being real or not.
Its real. Its sad that they removed the conversation. It was actually rather deep. Their excuse?

When we localize a game we do so in order to make it appropriate for that particular territory.

I am still amazed at that horrid excuse.
Localisation doesn't necessarily mean censorship. I'm not entirely sure all of what they changed aside from names (which were fine) but there's nothing wrong with the localised version I played. Although petting Anna would've been funny.
Oh they changed and removed a lot. A character (I forget who) is apparently obsessed with pickles in the English version? I also saw the change in Elfie and Harold's conversation, boy was that just...ulgh. Harold's conversation in the Japanese game was just so much better. It wasn't awkward or anything, it was sweet and had a good message. But in the English one I felt rather odd reading the conversation. I also wish Treehouse would stop adding memes to their translations..

They removed features, changed personalities of characters entirely, and more. Someone had to have made a list of changes by now.

I just finished Awakening (finally) and was very impressed. I know Fates will be very good.

Is it worth playing the patch? I'm not too happy about all the censorship and I really need the Japanese audio (some of the English voice acting is hit or miss unlike Awakening). I'm really considering buying a Japanese 3DS
The support conversations in the patched game are a lot better. I don't know if they removed anything from the story in the English game, but since it has more features and better dialogue..yeah. I'd recommend getting the patched game.

Last edited:

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Its real. Its sad that they removed the conversation. It was actually rather deep. Their excuse?

When we localize a game we do so in order to make it appropriate for that particular territory.

I am still amazed at that horrid excuse.
Well apparently for the conversation with "...." , some people think that it is a case of it being placeholder text which they failed to remove, or call for the actual translated dialogue. Since the B support continues with the assumption that the original C support happened.

But in the English one I felt rather odd reading the conversation. I also wish Treehouse would stop adding memes to their translations..

Ah the ever beloved meme country. Nintendo Treehouse likes driving there a lot.

Top Bottom