• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fire Emblem: The Discussion Thread (keep FE Fates story under spoilertags)

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
It's most likely Marks or Marx. "Max" would likely be transliterated as "makkusu"; no long "A" vowel. When I took Japanese, one of my classmates was named Max, and since we all had to learn how to transliterate our names into katakana... I feel confident in my experience.

To me, the only wild card is what I like to call the illiteracy factor: sometimes Japanese people transliterate English words in awkward, confusing, or just erroneous ways because they do not have a solid grasp on the English language. Case in point: "seetaa" is "sweater," not "suettaa." If I could type katakana on my 3DS, the concept would perhaps be easier to explain. I took 2 years of Japanese and went to Japan for a month. I'm not fluent but I have more than a cursory grasp of Japanese language and nuance.

Seriously though, guys? A new FE game is on the horizon, and the only thing you want to talk about is some dude's name?

I love the new graphical improvements. More than that, though, the hinting at a more developed plot, and by extension, higher replay value in comparison to Awakening, has me excited. Even though it's just conjecture, the Game Explain theory of being able to aid either East or West, or perhaps even act as an arbiter between them, intrigues me.

Comet7

Smash Lord
NNID
Comet7
well there wasn't much from the trailer to talk about at least from my perspective and marx is likely to be a really important character so i wouldn't be surprised.

i'm excited for the questions' existence having a point though.

I have seen some discussion pointing out that the Kamui person has some interesting features. If you look through the in-game sprites you see something which looks like a male and female variation on the character. At the very least, Kamui in one if the chapters takes on a central starting position. Generally, important figures in the series get placed in a very commanding position such as the far back, front, or center.

To me, Kamui seems like a main character. One idea is that it becomes an avatar character due to the female/male thing. At the very end looks like a dragon in the water with some dancer.

Oh, and if anyone noticed in the trailer there was a quick scene where the world with (non-game graphics) looked like a fragmented world. As if the land has been split into floating broken islands.

Some thoughts.

RosalinaSGS

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2062-9707-3637
I have seen some discussion pointing out that the Kamui person has some interesting features. If you look through the in-game sprites you see something which looks like a male and female variation on the character. At the very least, Kamui in one if the chapters takes on a central starting position. Generally, important figures in the series get placed in a very commanding position such as the far back, front, or center.

To me, Kamui seems like a main character. One idea is that it becomes an avatar character due to the female/male thing. At the very end looks like a dragon in the water with some dancer.

Oh, and if anyone noticed in the trailer there was a quick scene where the world with (non-game graphics) looked like a fragmented world. As if the land has been split into floating broken islands.

Some thoughts.
You can actually see the islands in the background are vertical, from our perspective. Maybe it's our island which is tilted...

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I hope they balanced pair up... like i would make pair up not even give stat boosts until supports are made. Just a acc/evade boost when paired up with a unit without a support

And not make it a chore to use most units in lunatic.

Last edited:

TheCrusaderp

Smash Rookie
I'm a huge fan of Fire Emblem! I really enjoy all of the strategy involved in the games, the lovable characters, and the unique gameplay. My hopes for the new game is that they nerf pair up, keep marriage, and introduce a lot of new classes and weapon types.

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
So how would you feel about enemy units being able to pair up and/or being one paired unit? Or some sort of skill that negates stat bonuses or damages your paired-up character? Would add more of a risk factor.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Pair up's drawback is having 1 less unit. However, that drawback doesn't matter when you can just have a pair solo the map. This wouldn't be an issue if there were defend maps where having more units is precious. Basically they need to balance how many units you bring a chapter.

Last edited:

TDF_Lewis

Smash Cadet
NNID
TDF_Lewis
3DS FC
4613-7345-1015
I also hope that S class support becomes wider, for example mother and daughter (which may for all we know be removed) should be able to reach an S class but without being married, if that makes sense, for example one becomes an idol/tutor to the other, or an apprentice. Different roles should yield S class support other than a couple.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
i agree with S rank for all units. You can call it an unbreakable bond of friendship, bromance, sisterhood, whatever. Love isn't only romantic.

Also hope they bring back triangle attack.

Last edited:

TDF_Lewis

Smash Cadet
NNID
TDF_Lewis
3DS FC
4613-7345-1015
And of course there needs to be a fix for that horribly unbalanced pairing system. Is the main idea that everyone wants avatars back or?

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
Many players received Awakening's MU quite well (Robin's growing to be one of my favorite video game characters, actually. <3) There's already evidence for an MU, Kaimu, from various trailer screens.

This may sound a little more on the ambitious side, but what if we took everything to customize the Awakening avatar, and added customizations to their personality, so you aren't just one character solidly established to one way the story plays out? You will have different dialogues, support convos, and it may influence decisions on the story.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Every time someone says 'different support convos', I don't think they realize just how much that exponentially creates extra work.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
So when are we gonna get Tellius remakes? Or any remake into a modern enviorment?

TDF_Lewis

Smash Cadet
NNID
TDF_Lewis
3DS FC
4613-7345-1015
I really wish that FE games could be released on the 3DS Virtual Console instead of the Wii U, it's always been a more mobile franchise to me.

3DS FC
0061-0163-0572
I just had an awesome idea and wanted to see what people thought. Given how I'm a fan of both series, and how both Fire Emblem and Pokémon have both been doing a number of spin-offs and/or crossovers lately, what if Nintendo Created a Pokémon X Fire Emblem Crossover? Sorry if this is the wrong forum for this, but I couldn't find a good place to post this. Discuss?

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
well, they already did Pokémon Conquest, which was a crossover with Nobunaga's Ambition, and is more or less how a Pokémon x Fire Emblem crossover would play out (in my opinion, at least). That said, I wouldn't say no to another one, since I loved Pokémon Conquest.

3DS FC
0061-0163-0572
Yeah, admittedly, my first thought was similar to Pokémon Conquest. I wonder if they could add more mechanics from FE though. And would it be exclusively fighting Pokémon? Or could they have Humans and Pokémon fighting together? Maybe give humans classes like in FE, but leave certain Pokémon as stand alone, kind of like the Taguel or Manakete from the FE series (and without being able to use a second seal.). Without the theme of Japanese warlords, that could leave them room for a more expansive story, too.

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
I love Pokemon. I love Fire Emblem. The only way it could work would be as Conquest-style game. Hitting Pikachu with an axe won't fly, and Pokemon characters dying permanently won't fly. Smash Bros. is as close to that as we can get, I think.

I'd love a spiritual sequel to Conquest, however!

3DS FC
0061-0163-0572
I love Pokemon. I love Fire Emblem. The only way it could work would be as Conquest-style game. Hitting Pikachu with an axe won't fly, and Pokemon characters dying permanently won't fly. Smash Bros. is as close to that as we can get, I think.

Pokémon don't die, they just faint! Axes away! XD

TDF_Lewis

Smash Cadet
NNID
TDF_Lewis
3DS FC
4613-7345-1015
I'm still moreso on board for the fire emblem x shin megami tenseitensei crossover like news has been so so quiet recently.

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion

Dragon-types, er caution around the Falchion!

3DS FC
0061-0163-0572
So, I'm looking at the ability distribution spread for parent to child in FE:A, and I generally get it, but I'm still a bit confused by it. Specifically, I want to know if Lucina can get access to the Myrmidon class if I marry my fem avatar to Chrom. I'm looking for a good skill spread for Lucina, and I'm thinking about going with Galeforce,Aether,Rightful King,Astra,???. I can get Galeforce, aether, and rightful kind to Lucina if I marry Chrom to my fem avatar, but I'm not sure if I can do Astra or not. I know Sully can give Lucina access to the myrmidon class, but then I'd lose the Pegasus Knight class for Galeforce. Does F avatar give her access to the myrmidon as the mother?

Mega Rayquaza

Smash Rookie
I'm still moreso on board for the fire emblem x shin megami tenseitensei crossover like news has been so so quiet recently.
I've just accepted that it's dead at this point (I think the entire community has too).
But we get Abraham LincolnxFire Emblem lol

DDDchu

Smash Cadet
NNID
DDDchu96
3DS FC
4098-2457-6801
Hey I want to get into more Fire Emblem. I have Awakening recently and love it. I know it's way easier than previous ones, and I do like my games simple and easy enough, but it's still fun to play. What would be the next easiest one? Is the current one for Wii U Virtual Console overly hard?

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
FE7 is not really that hard, so getting that one wouldn't be a bad idea.

Sacred Stones is closer to awakening, as it has an open world, infinite grinding, and branched promotions, but as it's not on the NA VC yet you'd have to track down a physical copy.

You may also want to get FE7 out of the way now so you don't have to put up with its tutorial later.

DDDchu

Smash Cadet
NNID
DDDchu96
3DS FC
4098-2457-6801
FE7 is not really that hard, so getting that one wouldn't be a bad idea.

Sacred Stones is closer to awakening, as it has an open world, infinite grinding, and branched promotions, but as it's not on the NA VC yet you'd have to track down a physical copy.

You may also want to get FE7 out of the way now so you don't have to put up with its tutorial later.

Ok I'll look into buying Fire Emblem on the Wii U VC sometime this month.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
FE7 is probably the best FE when it comes to having the right difficultly levels.

Normal Eliwood is managable for new players
Hard Eliwood is a challenge but not insane
Normal Hector is pretty moderate in difficulty, esp on the later levels.
Hard Hector is close to RD levels of difficultly.

3DS FC
0061-0163-0572
I've just accepted that it's dead at this point (I think the entire community has too).
But we get Abraham LincolnxFire Emblem lol
Didn't Hitoshi Yamagami say in June 2014 that the project is still being worked on? Besides, if it was truly cancelled, wouldn't one of the companies working on it have said something about it's cancellation?

Mega Rayquaza

Smash Rookie
Didn't Hitoshi Yamagami say in June 2014 that the project is still being worked on? Besides, if it was truly cancelled, wouldn't one of the companies working on it have said something about it's cancellation?
I honestly have no clue pal sorry.
Since the announcement of the game I don't think there's been anything about it as of late it's been really quiet. Still hoping something sometime this year pops up about it so we can still have hope. I want to believe....

3DS FC
0061-0163-0572
Yeah, if the game really is still being developed, it is taking awhile for any new info to appear. If we're getting anything, my best bet would either in in a Nintendo Direct or (hopefully) a trailer for E3.

TDF_Lewis

Smash Cadet
NNID
TDF_Lewis
3DS FC
4613-7345-1015
Yeah, if the game really is still being developed, it is taking awhile for any new info to appear. If we're getting anything, my best bet would either in in a Nintendo Direct or (hopefully) a trailer for E3.
In all honesty, I'd rather radio silence and then a great game than for them to rush and release something sub-par just for the sake of releasing it.

3DS FC
0061-0163-0572
Am I the only one who wishes that the streetpass character recruits for FE:A
had more S support/marriage options other than the respective opposite sex Avatar?

spoilers for which characters I'm talking about if you haven't gotten that far yet:

Gangrel, Walhart, Aversa, Priam, Yen'fay, and Emmeryn

Last edited:
Top Bottom