• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fire Emblem Characters

Kabyk-Greenmyst

Smash Lord
OK, while some of your points are valid, I fail to see how racism is not overused. Granted certain character developments were nice, but even you have to admit that the mercenary-turning-hero is cliche. I mean, even characters in-game say that {sephiran}.

There is usually an "anchor" between two sides in games, and it usually ends up being the main hero/cast, nothing unusual.

I never got deep into the supports, but this is because the characters didn't stand out to me. They seemed quite rushed. Characaters in Sacred Stones I thought had more flavor, yet I was actually rushed in that game. Volke had a nice backstory though, especially setting a precedence as giving a reason to why theives class up into assassins.

The responsibility was a nice feel with being leader of an army, but they could have put more emphasis on it then. They rushed through scenes saying how Ike's giant army destroyed those who opposed them, but when it got to the levels, it was just Ike's company. Being they only gave the player 2 things to make you feel like you were in control: the "Order" options, and Tanith's "Reinforcements".

And I think Nintendo Power was certain that the flag was from a recent, most likely Wii/PoR FE, Although most say it is Marth's flag. But then again, I'm not worrying too much about stages right now.

Manashima

Smash Apprentice
in japan, the GBA FE games are heavily despised, which is why not-one GBA character was suggested as you can see

Shadow Calibur

Smash Ace
I'll be happy if Lyn gets into the Brawl roster.

To tell the truth, I haven't really played any of the Fire Emblem games, but I would love to see some battle vids for some of the characters, if any. Maybe I can come up with some good movesets.

Kal aMari

Smash Journeyman
Good ol' Lyn, trying to be a Swordmaster again...Guy laughs at her!

...Too bad I don't have a vid to back it up. v_v

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
My favorite was Hector's special(after the one when they were singing the theme that is)

Does anyone else think those commercials were really weird? People singing in costumes doesn't exactly make me want to buy a game...

Kal aMari

Smash Journeyman
The old Japanese Zelda one was weirder. Picture the FE commercial...plus dancing. And a giant puppet/animatronic Ganon.

EDIT: But this isn't about weird Japanese commercials, it's about Fire Emblem. And I'm very, very saddened that, if anything, we'll have to settle for Lyn as the Swordmaster representation to Brawl.

>_>

<_<

http://gameads.gamepressure.com/tv_game_commercial.asp?ID=2689
Had to.

Shadow Calibur

Smash Ace
Marshigio said:
Hmmm... I'm sure I can come up with a moveset for him, but I need more on his attacks.

Pretty low stats for a main character, but good attacks. Not totally considering him, but my opinion could change.

One of his moves resembles his Shield Breaker... or was it his forward Smash?

I wonder if that attack can be her Super Smash... I'll need more on her attacks before coming up with a good moveset, including what I can use for B button specials.

...O_o. Thank God they changed him.

I'll get around to watching the commercials eventually.

Manashima

Smash Apprentice
you should see celices criticals before you judge him, heres 4, all with the tyrfing, in snes days theres alot more criticals then the gba ones

1. http://youtube.com/watch?v=J4Eg3O92e9I

2. http://youtube.com/watch?v=pkkaSIjrvLc

Sigurds critical is exactly the same as celices critical when hes mounted, as they have the same sprite. Sigurd doesnt have his won video cause he only has one critical.

Marshigio, your finally in generation 2? Now you can see why celice is raved as the best lord in FE history

NukeA6

Smash Master
So Celice is that good? Can't wait to play as him (in FE4). I wonder if he's better than Ayra when she's promoted (who's better than Sigurd minus the defense).

Those first two Fire Emblem vids are weird. A musical? Ok :dizzy:

Shadow Calibur

Smash Ace
Wow. He's good, alright. Might consider him.

Though I'd imagine Celice being a Luigified Marth clone.

Y'know, we could use more weapon diversity in the Fire Emblem part of the roster. Any suggestions?

NukeA6

Smash Master
Just saw that Lyn vid. I can now see why you all want her.

That was the best sword move I've seen outside of SNK.

D

Deleted member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QYrxUSlSw7w&search=Fire Emblem

Lol. The amount of cheese in that was incredible, but it was still the best trailer-wise. I still don't understand why the hero looks so much like a minature He-Man.

The only episode I found: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gM6lskGbnFw&mode=related&search=Fire Emblem

I don't do Japanese, so don't ask me to translate. There's a dub out there somewhere. You might have to try Ebay though.

Back on topic, Ephraim should be considered among the best in Fire Emblem too. My Ephraim maxed every stat, apart from resistance (1 point?) and consitution, without cheating. Oh, and averagely does 70ish damge on critical.

Manashima

Smash Apprentice
Me personally, celice

But that is highly debated. Statistically, Celice is superior than Sigurd, the argument is that Sigurd is more useful, Celice is surrounded by bad mofos(Lakche, Shannan, Alteena, Leaf, Aless, Faval, Sety, Teeny, and Yuria), while sigurd isnt(Ayra and Levins all hes got).

And hector? please... he isnt in sigurd league

Also Celices no Ayra or lakche, except with his holy weapon tyrfing at 50 kills then hes better
Hell have 4 skills if he has 50 kills(pursuit, Awareness, (50 kills)berserk, and Prayer)

So make sure you abuse Sigurd with tyrfing and kill as much as you can so when Celice gets it its close or at 50 kills, so hell be even more badass

Duopierce

Smash Rookie
I don't expect to see Marth or Roy in Brawl.

I would love to see Lyndis, Hector and (maybe) Eliwood, but I suspect the FE roster will be characters from Path or Radiance or the upcoming title.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Manashima said:
you should see celices criticals before you judge him, heres 4, all with the tyrfing, in snes days theres alot more criticals then the gba ones

1. http://youtube.com/watch?v=J4Eg3O92e9I

2. http://youtube.com/watch?v=pkkaSIjrvLc

Sigurds critical is exactly the same as celices critical when hes mounted, as they have the same sprite. Sigurd doesnt have his won video cause he only has one critical.

Marshigio, your finally in generation 2? Now you can see why celice is raved as the best lord in FE history
Whoa I never thought Cecile was THAT strong. O_O;

As for the most powerfull lords I think Ike and Ephraim come close to.

Destruction_King

Smash Ace
NukeA6 said:
Just saw that Lyn vid. I can now see why you all want her.

That was the best sword move I've seen outside of SNK.
If you think that's good, try using her in the game. Besides the fact that in her Blade Lord state she can use a bow (complete awesomeness,) she also obeys the new law of physics I call "Crit n' Miss."

In other words.

She crits, baddies miss.

SHE'S FREAKIN' UNTOUCHABLE.

Shadow Calibur

Smash Ace
Destruction_King said:
If you think that's good, try using her in the game. Besides the fact that in her Blade Lord state she can use a bow (complete awesomeness,) she also obeys the new law of physics I call "Crit n' Miss."

In other words.

She crits, baddies miss.

She's that good, eh? All the more reason for me to want her in Brawl.

NukeA6

Smash Master
Destruction_King said:

In other words.

She crits, baddies miss.

Reminds me of Sigurd except he rarely critical hits.

Manashima

Smash Apprentice
Sigurd rarely crits because criticals are handled differerntly in his game, he needs the critical(berserk?)skill or a 50 kill weapon, which the silver sword should be at around chapter 5.

And celice is strong cause the weapon hes using has a might of 30, so hell be taking 55 at full strength, 65 with 35 str with rings. 100/110 with a critical so even with max defence of 30, with 110 it takes 80 the max life, so everybody is screwed if he criticals.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
By how cool the character is: Sigurd>>>Celice>>>>>>>>Lyn=Hector>>>Ephraim>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Eliwood

By stats: Celice>>>Sigurd>>>Lyn>>>Hector>>>>Ephraim>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Eliwood

Celice, Sigurd, Lyn and Hector are all I need.

Ferro De Lupe

Smash Lord
I'll be happy with anyone from PoR. If it's one of the stars, then I'll be happy that they got it for being the stars. If it's one of the lower ones, then I'll be happy for the big suprise.

Kal aMari

Smash Journeyman
Marshigio said:
Celice, Sigurd, Lyn and Hector are all I need.
Okay, but a little '>' happy, are we? :laugh:

I still say that Hector should get in first, due to the fact that he's the most popular lord in the first American FE and that he's really unique out of the top choices. Not like the first point matters much to Sakurai, but the second should.

NukeA6

Smash Master
I don't think Celice should be in the game. The way he fights reminds me of Marth and he would be a clone.

outrunrazgriz

Smash Apprentice
Okay... Who screwed up the page?

This is a list of my preferences. 1 being the best and 5 being the, well, worst-best.... you get the idea.

1. Lyn
2. Ike
3. Hector
4. Ephraim
5. Black Knight

So long as Lyn is in I don't really need any other characters. (Except Pikachu so I can unlock her!)

zombie7775

Smash Lord
Scarablord said:
I say keep Marth, drop Roy and add in either Ike or Lyn.
That might be good but Roy and Marth are a great team. Also Ike is faster and stronger then Marth so then why have Marth.

Aiser

Smash Lord
^ Wouldn't Roy be a bad *** version of Marth then? since Marth was first =X

Top Bottom