• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fire Emblem Characters

FireBomb

Smash Lord
Marth and Roy are Japan-only to this day...

Japan gave life to the Fire Emblem series as they have more history with it. They may just do whatever they please, regardless of American feedback. It doesn't matter much to me, as long as they represent Fire Emblem well.

The Basement Dweller

Smash Master
Marth and Roy are Japan-only to this day...

Japan gave life to the Fire Emblem series as they have more history with it. They may just do whatever they please, regardless of American feedback. It doesn't matter much to me, as long as they represent Fire Emblem well.
Roy originated on Melee he is a Melee charcter and thus international he isn't even a true Fire Emblem charcter.:chuckle:

Chickenboy666

Smash Ace
Japan-only characters are cool, specially Marth and roy, specially Marth

And now, Fire emblem is very popular in America, so I don't think Marth and Roy will be removed only because they're Japan-only characters. Maybe one of they only needs a new moveset in order to don't be a clone of the other

xianfeng

Smash Hero
Jaffar > any other assasain ever.

Sothe pisses me off, he can't promote, which sucks. Theives lacking the ability to promote is why they weren't in my party in FE6.

ShiroiKen

Smash Apprentice
Roy originated on Melee he is a Melee charcter and thus international he isn't even a true Fire Emblem charcter.:chuckle:
What? "He isn't even a true Fire Emblem character"? :dizzy: , well, then I should think you've never played a FE before, shouldn't I?.

Roy is the main character of the first GBA's FE, "Sword of Seals", and also appears in "Blazing Swords", as the son of Eliwood...

Well, Lyn would be great!! If she were in, she would be my first and only character in Smash, for sure. :chuckle:

GenG

Smash Lord
And even then, I knew about Roy way before SSBM came out. FE6 was being planned for N64 (there are screens of that version dated early 2001) as "Maiden of the Dark".

Roy looked like a Sex Pistols fan there.

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
Wow... I actually remember that now... Back when I was following up on information for Ogre Battle 64 - being a fan of that series - I came across that info and became very interested, though I figured it would never get released outside of Japan, since I was aware that Fire Emblem was "one of those Japanese exclusive series" at the time.

Also, is it just me or does SSBM Roy bear a closer resemblence to his look from Maiden of the Dark than he does in Sword of Seals? For one thing, his hair is a darker red and more messy in that screenshot - more like how he looks in Melee.

The Basement Dweller

Smash Master
What? "He isn't even a true Fire Emblem character"? :dizzy: , well, then I should think you've never played a FE before, shouldn't I?.

Roy is the main character of the first GBA's FE, "Sword of Seals", and also appears in "Blazing Swords", as the son of Eliwood...

Well, Lyn would be great!! If she were in, she would be my first and only character in Smash, for sure. :chuckle:
I thought Lyn's game was called The Sword of Fire and wasn't Roy put in Melee before FE 6 came out so if he was in Melee first he is a Melee charcter that was transported to a FE game. Also I find that logic that just because I say one thing you assume another extremely flawed.

OniLink171

Smash Apprentice
I'm sorry to break up the argument, but I'd really like to see either The Black Knight, Volke, Or Nephenee in Brawl.I reeeeally like the Black Knight (he just comes across as plain awesome to me) and in my FE 9 file Volke, Ike, and Nephenee powned. I just personally think Nephenee was a beatstick if you gave her Resolve and took the trouble to level her..... And Volke killed everything in sight if you gave him Lethality.

And Sothe did piss me off. I only used him one level, when i wanted to open some chests but was flat broke with no chest keys. (Volke had a 50 gold fee per chest)

Top Bottom