• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fire Emblem Characters

NukeA6

Smash Master
Chidosengan said:
Cool suggestions there Ferro de Lupe, but I doubt Lethe has a big chance, since she is a minor recruit. And I have seen any fandom of her. I give her 20% for uniqueness.

Although Black Knight is a main villain, i don't think he can't make it. I just don't know why, but it doesn't feel like he has a chance. My rating is 10% because more main character deserve it more.

Soren, on the other hand, is also a minor recruit, but is very popular (specially with the girls). I guess he has a moderated chance (about 40-50%) like Arya.

Now for parrothead. Marth is most likely to return. I give him 70%.

Roy was just for promotion, and FE6 didn't sell well. He is most likely to be kicked out. 20% for a return.

I don't know who Alm is so i can't rate.

I guess i should give my picks. Rate them plz!

Lyn:

Marth

Sigurd

New Girl (possible first mage lord):

Ike:

Sothe (possible first assasin lord):

Marth will most likely return since he's kinda like an icon to the series. He also appeared in two games and the anime which makes a bit well known.

I dunno if Lyn will be in Brawl. It depends if Sakurai is willing to take suggestions from the West (if he does, Lyn is in, period). If not, Ayra will most likely take her place.

Sigurd is the most popular lord in Japan and is what Sakurai wanted in Melee so I'm not suprised if he's in Brawl.

I doubt we'll see the new mage girl since Nintendo will most likely not do another promotion leaving Sakurai with whatever he wants. The mage girl is cute though. :)

Ike might have a chance seeing that Path of Radiance was a success (both Japan and the West) but I dunno if he'll be in. Is he similar to Marth or does he fight in a unique style?

Sothe would be cool. I could imagine he'd be Shiek with a long knife. He's popular in Japan, right?

Destruction_King

Smash Ace
Marshigio said:
Meh, I'd rather have Canas over any other mage user(despite his crazy hair that I hate) but I know that's not going to happen.

I think Sigurd has a good chance, and I don't know who Soren is so I can't really say anything about him.
Soren becomes God. Period.

He starts out as a defenseless mage with pretty good offense. Keep him back, and attack when it's oppertune until he becomes a sage.

When Soren becomes a sage, he becomes a God. First off, he's untouchable. No one can hit him which leaves his defense a moot point. Forge him a strong lightining book, and you've got a sage who can fell dragons before they have a chance to counter attack. Between his strength in magic, insane crit rate, and adept which ususally allows him to attack twich in a row, I literally take down legions of dragons with him. He's that **** good. You just have to watch him near the start.

And unlike most FE characters, Soren is blunt and realistic. When Ike wants to fight the Black Knight one on one, everyone (Ike, Mist, Titania,) say that its a destined battle that must be fought alone.

But Soren disagrees, saying that they're in the middle of a war, and risking the life of a military leader is no excuse for a personal vendetta.

That's how much *** Soren Kicks.

Fizz-sama

Smash Ace
I just started playing FE4 with the patch today and I must admit I already would like to see Sigurd in Brawl.

As for Soren, I agree. His personality DID make him rather unqiue.

NukeA6

Smash Master
Fizz-sama said:
I just started playing FE4 with the patch today and I must admit I already would like to see Sigurd in Brawl.

As for Soren, I agree. His personality DID make him rather unqiue.
Word of Advice: Do not kill Ayra (Ira in the translation) or she won't join you. Also, anyone with her theme and can join your party.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
Yes I've been playing FE4 too...too bad I can't understand a single word they're saying.

Fizz-sama

Smash Ace
NukeA6 said:
Word of Advice: Do not kill Ayra (Ira in the translation) or she won't join you. Also, anyone with her theme and can join your party.
Ha, thanks. I'll be sure to remember that. I had to go to the English Fire Emblem Documentary(think that's the name) to look at the list of joining requirements for the characters that appear.

I had another idea for a possible character that could enter Brawl from FE. Ellis. That is my bad joke of the day.

Edit-By the way, does anyone know of a patch for Thracia 776? I don't think I've looked for one, but was just curious.

parrothead

Smash Lord
Alm is the protagonist of Fire Emblem Gaiden. He is also the first evolving Lord and probably the first Mercenary Lord (if not, then probably Ike).

Manashima

Smash Apprentice
YeaH BUT Alm uses the Falchion which is also Marths weapon...so i doubt well see him

some guy said FE6 didnt sell well...look here

http://www.vgcharts.org/japtotals.php
Japan sells-
FE6-393,500
FE7-293,500
FE8-298,000

FE6 sold the best out of any GBA FE game, nothing compared to the SNES sells like FE3/4, but it sold way better than any GA FE game

Now FE7 sold 400,000+ in america, but as you can see its the least sold FE game in japan so will Sakurai try to please american FE fans which love FE7, or japanese fans which hate it..quite a perdicament

Im thinking hes going to please Japanese fans, where nintedo is whooping sonys butt for now(DS), and america sony is king so...(psp)

Fizz-sama

Smash Ace
Hmm. I learned something new about the GBA FE sales now. That's pretty interesting.

On a somewhat different note:

I played FE4 for a bit and saved in about the middle of the prolouge(actual game save). When I went back to play it again, it was all in Japanese. Anyone have an idea what I did wrong?

Manashima

Smash Apprentice
Fizz-sama said:
Hmm. I learned something new about the GBA FE sales now. That's pretty interesting.

On a somewhat different note:

I played FE4 for a bit and saved in about the middle of the prolouge(actual game save). When I went back to play it again, it was all in Japanese. Anyone have an idea what I did wrong?

Did you happen to take it out the folder the patch was in?unless it was hard-patched( NEVER download a hard-patched rom, since things will most likely glitch, and youll just have to download a new one anyway.)

Yeah so Bassically you know how PISSED the japanese fans will be if Lyn or Hector shows up before Sigurd, Ayra, Oguma, Navarre, Sheeda etc.

Theyll be after sakurais head.

Fizz-sama

Smash Ace
Manashima said:
Did you happen to take it out the folder the patch was in?unless it was hard-patched( NEVER download a hard-patched rom, since things will most likely glitch, and youll just have to download a new one anyway.)

Yeah so Bassically you know how PISSED the japanese fans will be if Lyn or Hector shows up before Sigurd, Ayra, Oguma, Navarre, Sheeda etc.

Nu-uh. I left the patch in it, and it's the same name as the rom, just one being the .smc(I think) and the other being .ips.

Even more reason that Sigurd should be brought in. Oguma? Hmm, now that I think of it, doesn't he have a pretty big fanbase?

Destruction_King

Smash Ace
parrothead said:
Alm is the protagonist of Fire Emblem Gaiden. He is also the first evolving Lord and probably the first Mercenary Lord (if not, then probably Ike).
I'll agree with the first part of your statement, but Ike was the first lord of non-royal blood.

GenG

Smash Lord
Manashima said:

What do you prefer? Being chased by Japanese fans or by the whole Nintendo Nsider forums? Some of these guys are prepared to die for the "Lyn in Brawl" sake.

The most tedious thing for Sakurai is to choose characters wisely. You HAVE to please 3 million of Japanese buyers by putting some characters unknown around here, like Stafy, Sigurd, Takamaru or Mother3 characters. I'm really scared of the "no japanese only characters" thing, because it will turn a perfect roster into random Marioness crap.

NukeA6

Smash Master
GenG said:
What do you prefer? Being chased by Japanese fans or by the whole Nintendo Nsider forums? Some of these guys are prepared to die for the "Lyn in Brawl" sake.
:laugh: Sakurai is gonna need a bomb shelter if he decides not to add Lyn.

But he could risk the guilotine if he adds Lyn over Ayra :eek:

Kal aMari

Smash Journeyman
Before people say "such and such a sword user has a unique style, so he/she won't be a clone," consider the fact that Roy was supposed to be a fencer. He ended up a Marth clone. Go figure.

The only FE characters that have zero chance of being a clone are those with the unique weapons. Axes (Hector), Spears (Ephraim), and possibly magic (Canas) are unique weapons. Rapiers (Eliwood) and katanas (Lyn) are not. As much as I'd hate to say "omg all swords are teh saem," it's my belief and fear that they could be nerfed to the point where they could.

Alright, that out of the way, I'd say that Hector and Sigurd stand the best chance to make it. Hector's unique (like I already said), and Sigurd has his massive popularity going for him. Ike...could be, but I doubt it, unless it's confirmed that the castle is indeed Daein.

As for characters that have zero chance but would be cool anyways...Zephiel and Karel. I'm a sucker for morphing blades and Swordmasters, what can I say? Now, if only they had a swordmaster with a morphing blade...

Chidosengan

Smash Lord
NukeA6 said:
:laugh: Sakurai is gonna need a bomb shelter if he decides not to add Lyn.

But he could risk the guilotine if he adds Lyn over Ayra :eek:
In the end, there is no such thing as a perfect pick. Sakurai's screwed.

GenG

Smash Lord
Kal aMari said:
Before people say "such and such a sword user has a unique style, so he/she won't be a clone," consider the fact that Roy was supposed to be a fencer. He ended up a Marth clone. Go figure.
Roy was indeed a fencer... until he got the SoS. Most Lords are nimble fencers (Marth, Cecil, Eliwood...) until they promote and get their respective pwning weapon. From this point, Roy was destined to be a Marth clone.

Chidosengan said:
In the end, there is no such thing as a perfect pick. Sakurai's screwed.
QFT. Let's make a pray for the poor, screwed, yet hardworker Sakurai...

Manashima

Smash Apprentice
Marth was unique in his game as he only used fencing when he had a rapier equipped

Alm is a mercenary/hero so he doesnt fence

Sigurd/Celice/Leaf come from cavalry-dominate countries and dont fence(you said cecil fenced before promotion, Celice i think you meant never fenced, rapier didnt exist in his game)

Roy/Eliwood fence but change once they get their legendary weapons

Eirika i think fences even on horse

and Ike never fences.

Only characters that have the same fighting styles are Roy/Eliwood/Eirka(fencers) Sigurd/Celice/Leaf(slashing) and marth did everything.

Your right, Americans will be pissed if Lyn/Hector doesnt show up, and japanese will be pissed if Sigurd/Ayra/Oguma doesnt show up, quite the trouble sakurais facing...which side will he choose, oooooh the suspense!

Chidosengan

Smash Lord
OR what they could do is put in Lyn (or Hector, but Lyn is your first main, so noobs who never got past chapter 10 would know who she is) and Sigurd. That way both westerners and japanese are happy, or at least to some degree. Marth is the icon so he'll be there. Ike would be the one from the most recently selling FE game. And maybe add Sothe or New Girl for the Wii's FE.

That way, we have characters from all generations:
Marth (NES)
Sigurd (SNES)
Lyn (GBA)
Ike (NGC)
Sothe and/or NG (Wii)

parrothead

Smash Lord
Can Sigurd fight off of his horse? If so, then he is probably similar to Eliwood or Ephraim.

Kal aMari

Smash Journeyman
Ephraim uses a spear. Sigurd, a sword. I'm a little worried that he'll take Roy's place as a Marth clone, though. Seeing him on a horse would be...bizarre. You've seen a triple jump before, but have you ever seen a horse triple jump?

Fizz-sama

Smash Ace
Kal aMari said:
Ephraim uses a spear. Sigurd, a sword. I'm a little worried that he'll take Roy's place as a Marth clone, though. Seeing him on a horse would be...bizarre. You've seen a triple jump before, but have you ever seen a horse triple jump?
Haha, that is hilarious yet somewhat disturbing.

Destruction_King

Smash Ace
Am I the only one who thinks Sigurd has a less than good chance of making it in the game due to the fact that Sakurai said he doesn't want to add any more Japanese only characters anymore?

Fizz-sama

Smash Ace
Destruction_King said:
Am I the only one who thinks Sigurd has a less than good chance of making it in the game due to the fact that Sakurai said he doesn't want to add any more Japanese only characters anymore?
I saw someone mention that earlier. In that case, I strongly believe that it'll actually be Ike whose put in Brawl. As much as people like Hector and Lyn, I'm not really sure.

outrunrazgriz

Smash Apprentice
Sakurai has said that scince more and more USA and EU fans are playing the game and asking questions about his game, he wanted to use characters that everyone knew.

I hope Ike and Lyn are in. Black knight would be a good addition but he would be twice as heavy as Ganondorf and jumping would mean back breaking work... Marth SHOULD be in again but I'm not sure if he is being replaced. Soren would make a cool addition but if his magic is similar to Zelda's in SSBM then that would be problematic. For people who want different weapons in, they could consider Nephenee as a lance weilder.

Fizz-sama

Smash Ace
outrunrazgriz said:
Sakurai has said that scince more and more USA and EU fans are playing the game and asking questions about his game, he wanted to use characters that everyone knew.

I hope Ike and Lyn are in. Black knight would be a good addition but he would be twice as heavy as Ganondorf and jumping would mean back breaking work... Marth SHOULD be in again but I'm not sure if he is being replaced. Soren would make a cool addition but if his magic is similar to Zelda's in SSBM then that would be problematic. For people who want different weapons in, they could consider Nephenee as a lance weilder.
While I think it'd be rather cool to see Nephenee in Brawl, I don't think she'd beat out Ephraim. That's just my opinion though.

Manashima

Smash Apprentice
Sakurai also said it worked for FE, so japan only characters arent out the door, so whose to say it wont work again?

Lauf

Smash Apprentice
I say ephraim would be great in brawl, for some reason im quite ike will be in it and ike,s super will be aether ^^

NukeA6

Smash Master
Destruction_King said:
He said that he doesn't want to add too many Japanese-only characters. He never said he was gonna ban them all from the game.

Destruction_King

Smash Ace
NukeA6 said:
He said that he doesn't want to add too many Japanese-only characters. He never said he was gonna ban them all from the game.
Oh, I'm not saying it's impossible for Sigurd to be in the game, but Sakurai's statement makes it far less likely.

Besides, if that were true, Marth and Roy would be automatically screwed.

GenG

Smash Lord
Destruction_King said:
Besides, if that were true, Marth and Roy would be automatically screwed.
Well, Sakurai said that the old Fire Emblem characters (Marth and Roy) may stay due to the success they had in the States.

Kabyk-Greenmyst

Smash Lord
I still think a good idea would be Ephraim&Eirika, for 2 reasons.

1) Ephraim would be a footman using a lance. [OMFGWTFBBQ!!!!1!!11 THAT'S NEVER HAPPENED!!!!]
2) Making Eirika his clone. [Listen before you disagree since the 2 use different weapons]
Eirika to Ephraim could be similar to what Y.Link is to Link. Give Eirika the same moves as Ephraim, however since her weapon is shorter and faster, the stats and things like that would be totally different, thus creating a whole new playstyle having the same moveset.

Killing 2 birds with one stone if you ask me.

Also, I can see Lyn/Hector in since FE7 did well. Personally, I found the 3 games to be 7 > 8 > 9. Blazing Sword was AMAZING. And Path of Radiance I found to be seriously lacking in a lot of categories. I just hope FEWii isn't as lame. Oh, and I missed getting Sothe in PoR! That's why I was confused when everyone said he was from there! I missed that base convo, AARRRGGGG!!!!!

Chidosengan

Smash Lord
GenG said:
Well, Sakurai said that the old Fire Emblem characters (Marth and Roy) may stay due to the success they had in the States.
.....wait....He never said that! He just said he didnt want to include alot of Japanese-only characters in the game, which there aren't that many anyways. Think:

Sigurd makes it (Marth is already known): 1
Demiru makes it: 1
Stafy makes it: 1
1-2 from Mother 3 makes it, but rumor is that its coming out to US: 0-2
Takamaru makes it: 1
A Sin & Punishment character makes it: 1
Dunno if Harry (Teloboxer) is japan-only: 0-1

thats 5-8 characters there. That is very less than what Namco X Capcom had.

GenG

Smash Lord
Chidosengan said:
.....wait....He never said that! He just said he didnt want to include alot of Japanese-only characters in the game, which there aren't that many anyways. Think:
From Samurai_Panda translation:

#171-180: In this update, Sakurai basically just says that since Smash Bros is popular throughout the world, he can't just use characters that are only popular in Japan. But then he brings up that it worked for the Fire Emblem characters. Once, a black man (yes, he said that) thanked Sakurai for creating Roy just for him.
It said that the Fire Emblem characters featured in Melee may stay, they are part of the cast now, unless they drop Roy, but Marth is going to stay in. Of course, he will add more FE characters and some japanese only characters. Is a japanese game after all, and you can't ignore a great part of the Nintendo history. Japanese characters won't harm the US player, I really can't understand why he said that while there are people who doesn't know about Ice Climbers and G&W, and while some games hasn't been released in Europe.

But I'd never get tired of stressing this point :laugh:
Sigh... Stafy must to be playable in Brawl, there is no "buts" about it...

parrothead

Smash Lord
GenG said:
From Samurai_Panda translation:

It said that the Fire Emblem characters featured in Melee may stay, they are part of the cast now, unless they drop Roy, but Marth is going to stay in. Of course, he will add more FE characters and some japanese only characters. Is a japanese game after all, and you can't ignore a great part of the Nintendo history. Japanese characters won't harm the US player, I really can't understand why he said that while there are people who doesn't know about Ice Climbers and G&W, and while some games hasn't been released in Europe.

But I'd never get tired of stressing this point :laugh:
Sigh... Stafy must to be playable in Brawl, there is no "buts" about it...
Yes, and tons of Japanese Nintendo fans would probably be very angry at Sakurai if he really doesn't add Japan-Only characters like Takamaru, Demiru, Sablé and Richard, Sukapon, Lip, Stafy, and/or some other ones in SSBB.

Chidosengan

Smash Lord
That's what im saying. He will still add japanese-only characters, but not that many. The reason
Namco X Capcom was never released in outside Japan is because it had alot of unknown characters outside Japan.

....That's a pretty dumb reason, dont you think? Anyways, since it's Nintendo, even if it had alot of unknown characters, it would still release worldwide....I think.

Top Bottom