• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fire Emblem Character General Support Thread [WIP]

What is the best Fire Emblem game for someone new to the series?

• Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon and the Blade of Light/Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon

Votes: 8 9.8%
  • Fire Emblem Gaiden/Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia

Votes: 5 6.1%
  • Fire Emblem: Mystery of the Emblem/Fire Emblem: New Mystery of the Emblem

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Fire Emblem: Thracia 776

• Fire Emblem: The Binding Blade

Votes: 3 3.7%
  • Fire Emblem (Fire Emblem: The Blazing Blade)

Votes: 32 39.0%
  • Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones

Votes: 15 18.3%
  • Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance

• Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn

• Fire Emblem Awakening

Votes: 41 50.0%
  • Fire Emblem Fates

• Tokyo Mirage Sessions ♯FE

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • Fire Emblem Heroes

Votes: 14 17.1%
  • Fire Emblem Warriors

Votes: 3 3.7%

• Total voters

Rayleigh

Smash Journeyman
The big thing going for Hector is personality. It's the reason why, despite being indifferent to Gen 8, I ended up believing that Incineroar was the superior choice over Decidueye (though perhaps not over some of the more popular 'picks'). Not to deviate too far from the topic of Fire Emblem, but this is worth pointing out:

Pikachu: Chubby, happy boi/girl
Jigglypuff: Chubby, happy boi/girl
Mewtwo: Stoic Psychic Type.
Pokemon Trainer: Kind of a whiny boi.
Squirtle: Chubby, happy boi
Ivysaur: Chubby, happy boi
Charizard: 5'7" Lizard that wants to be a menacing dragon but isn't quite there yet.
Lucario: Stoic Martial Artist
Greninja: Stoic Ninja
Incineroar: The biggest asshole of all time. Will punch you in the face, suplex your grandma, then give your child an autograph and tell them to eat their vegetables.

Decidueye would have been a Stoic...Archer boi with vines maybe? After Lucario and Greninja, we were needing an injection of personality.

Returning to Fire Emblem, we have a similar problem:

Marth: Stoic pretty boi
Roy: Eager to prove himself, I guess...?
Ike: Stoic Thicc boi
Lucina: Stoic pretty boi- wait...
Chrom: He's not stoic, but he's kinda bland.
Robin: Quiet boi, but he's always three steps ahead. He's focused, I respect that.
Corrin: ...I can't respond when the character lacks personality.

With Lyn, we'd have a unique moveset, but her personality is...stoic...nomad woman. She'd more like Ike than, say, Marth.

Meanwhile Hector. Hector. The man whose idea of a good time is sneaking out of the castle and starting bar fights. The man who can look at a cursed axe that destines him to a painful death and go: "Good." and wields it without question. And even with his character growth that goes from idiot who loves smashing things to being a man ready to take the reins and lead his people? He still likes to fight.

Outside of this, he has a fighting style that's as haphazard as it is slow; unlike everyone else on the roster...except Robin I guess, Hector is self taught, and it shows. Despite his armor, which could be to compensate for this method of fighting, Hector has no other concept of defense: he doesn't really block, nor does he try to dodge or counter. He's the type of man that, while not the first one in (due to speed), is the last one to leave alive.

...Though I still think Lyn's more likely.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

My god does it ever.

FE6-7 had low growth rates, Bows were useless (at least in FE7, when combining growth rates and enemies), Paladins were almighty gods until you hit the desert maps, the support system was...okay? I mean- I rarely used it and it's kinda limited and in need of an overhaul. There's the story which, while not bad...had that horrible english fan translation that did nothing to help people's depiction of Roy or the game in general. Give it a proper translation, and maybe some extra content and we're good.

...Ideally though, and this is talking out of my patented insanity, but: If they remake FE7 first, they could then allow players to import their completed save to an FE6 remake for bonus content would be cool: So if Hector married X, then X is shown as his wife (though Roy's mom is dead no matter what in the original story if memory serves...edit that so she's in the game too, maybe?). Add in a few more characters from FE7 who, if they survived, would logically appear in FE6 (EX. Oswin, Isadora, Harken, Lowen ETC) and it could be an interesting adventure. (Also Fix Eliwood having an S Rank in Lances...or retcon him to be a lance lord. Preferably the former.)

...Or they could, and I really don't want this: More timey-whimey shenanigans and have Roy team up with Young Eliwood or something. Shove some more child characters in there...please don't do this Nintendo; it didn't work well in Fates, and it won't work well here.

Man, that game was so good. Never got to play the sequel, but Bomerman Heroes was tight.
Really? I thought FE7's growth rates were actually alright. I didn't feel like characters were suffocating for gains like I felt in Shadow Dragon. A mediocre character could still work wonders.

Roy's game in general is what makes me indifferent to him as a character, so an expanded story would do him wonders as long as they retool the script.

My ideal, though, is just make a remake for FE 7 because that's the better experience so why not just make that better? Better yet, remake both and sell them as a single experience for the Switch starting from FE7 first and then FE 6. THAT WOULD BE AWESOME. FE7 hypes up events in FE 6 so narratively, it would work. Your idea about shipping would also fall in line with the parent-shipping trend FE is now doing, so it checks out.
The big thing going for Hector is personality. It's the reason why, despite being indifferent to Gen 8, I ended up believing that Incineroar was the superior choice over Decidueye (though perhaps not over some of the more popular 'picks'). Not to deviate too far from the topic of Fire Emblem, but this is worth pointing out:

Pikachu: Chubby, happy boi/girl
Jigglypuff: Chubby, happy boi/girl
Mewtwo: Stoic Psychic Type.
Pokemon Trainer: Kind of a whiny boi.
Squirtle: Chubby, happy boi
Ivysaur: Chubby, happy boi
Charizard: 5'7" Lizard that wants to be a menacing dragon but isn't quite there yet.
Lucario: Stoic Martial Artist
Greninja: Stoic Ninja
Incineroar: The biggest ******* of all time. Will punch you in the face, suplex your grandma, then give your child an autograph and tell them to eat their vegetables.

Decidueye would have been a Stoic...Archer boi with vines maybe? After Lucario and Greninja, we were needing an injection of personality.

Returning to Fire Emblem, we have a similar problem:

Marth: Stoic pretty boi
Roy: Eager to prove himself, I guess...?
Ike: Stoic Thicc boi
Lucina: Stoic pretty boi- wait...
Chrom: He's not stoic, but he's kinda bland.
Robin: Quiet boi, but he's always three steps ahead. He's focused, I respect that.
Corrin: ...I can't respond when the character lacks personality.

With Lyn, we'd have a unique moveset, but her personality is...stoic...nomad woman. She'd more like Ike than, say, Marth.

Meanwhile Hector. Hector. The man whose idea of a good time is sneaking out of the castle and starting bar fights. The man who can look at a cursed axe that destines him to a painful death and go: "Good." and wields it without question. And even with his character growth that goes from idiot who loves smashing things to being a man ready to take the reins and lead his people? He still likes to fight.

Outside of this, he has a fighting style that's as haphazard as it is slow; unlike everyone else on the roster...except Robin I guess, Hector is self taught, and it shows. Despite his armor, which could be to compensate for this method of fighting, Hector has no other concept of defense: he doesn't really block, nor does he try to dodge or counter. He's the type of man that, while not the first one in (due to speed), is the last one to leave alive.

...Though I still think Lyn's more likely.
Oh my god. I thought I'd dislike Incineroar at first, but then further discussion and thought made me fall in love with him. It was his side-b. That was the moment I completely accepted him into the roster. He animates after every attack and has hilarious animations for every attack. For how a character expresses themselves, he's one of the standards. I agree completely that Decidueye would have been Greninja but an archer, so I'm happy with this visual decision. Incineroar doesn't feel like a fire type Pokemon. He feels like an asshole and I'll take that anyday.

In terms of Hector, the one conversation that really says it all is when he meets Lyn and she analyzes how he fights.

Lyn: I was watching the way he fights... He's not like you, Eliwood. He's somewhat like my own knights, but different still. He relies so much on power. It's like he's never been...
Hector: I haven't. I taught myself how to fight.
Lyn: I've no issue with that, but the way you swing that axe around... You're a threat to your allies! You should be more watchful.
Eliwood: Granted, Hector's style may be a tad dangerous, but... You may think him careless, but he's always aware of his surroundings.

If we saw that glorious ****-all style translated into Smash Bros, I'd be happy. Just making him an assist trophy would be good enough if we'd just get Lyn.

Last edited by a moderator:

SPEN18

Smash Champion
Lyn is hard to justify
How so? The only negative thing you said about her is that you weren't sure how different her swordplay would be to Marth's. And besides, even that isn't a strong argument to me because Lyn's swordplay is just as different from Marth's as Ike's is. Plus there's the pseudo-warping and bow stuff that makes her even more versatile, as you mentioned.

When I say that Hector is hard to justify, I mostly meant that it's hard to pick him over Lyn due to his lower popularity and recognizability, as well as him not being as representative of FE's movement to the West (he could technically fit that bill as he's from FE7, but Lyn's kinda the postergirl for it even more than Roy).

But don't get me wrong, I think Hector could be a cool character. Moreover, axes are my favorite FE weapon type. I'm just pretty adamant that Lyn should be in first.

Deathlightning21

Smash Lord
NNID
Deathlightning21
3DS FC
1779-0225-2026
Stages! Another thing where FE representation is lacking and has so much potential.

It's crazy to me that we have such meh stages when Sakurai is a fan of FE. Seriously, where's Grima, Hoshido Gardens, Valla? Or going back, the Tower of Guidance, Macedon Keep, Nabata Desert, etc.? There's so many interesting locales in FE and we have 2 made up stages and 1 admittedly cool Awakening stage, until it starts growing platforms out of nowhere.
I always thought that the Dragon's Gate from FE7 would have been a good stage to implement. Simple in design and can have a Stage Boss built into it via the Fire Dragon. It could pop out of the Gate every so often and spray the stage with fire and go back through the gate once it's been hit enough or just on a timer.

D

Deleted member

How so? The only negative thing you said about her is that you weren't sure how different her swordplay would be to Marth's. And besides, even that isn't a strong argument to me because Lyn's swordplay is just as different from Marth's as Ike's is. Plus there's the pseudo-warping and bow stuff that makes her even more versatile, as you mentioned.

When I say that Hector is hard to justify, I mostly meant that it's hard to pick him over Lyn due to his lower popularity and recognizability, as well as him not being as representative of FE's movement to the West (he could technically fit that bill as he's from FE7, but Lyn's kinda the postergirl for it even more than Roy).

But don't get me wrong, I think Hector could be a cool character. Moreover, axes are my favorite FE weapon type. I'm just pretty adamant that Lyn should be in first.
Honestly, I should have edited that line out. My post expanded on how Lyn could work as her own fighter and why she would be chosen over anyone else. That one sentence contradicts my entire opinion on her, lol. I actually want Lyn more than Hector.

E: I thought about it as I typed it out.

Last edited by a moderator:

SPEN18

Smash Champion
I always thought that the Dragon's Gate from FE7 would have been a good stage to implement. Simple in design and can have a Stage Boss built into it via the Fire Dragon. It could pop out of the Gate every so often and spray the stage with fire and go back through the gate once it's been hit enough or just on a timer.
Yeah I mentioned Dragon's Gate earlier, though it was inserted as an edit to one of my posts so maybe some people missed it.

Dragon's Gate would be my choice for a new FE stage, especially along with Lyn.

D

Deleted member

Yeah I mentioned Dragon's Gate earlier, though it was inserted as an edit to one of my posts so maybe some people missed it.

Dragon's Gate would be my choice for a new FE stage, especially along with Lyn.
I've mentioned it in a long winded post, but what about Battle Before Dawn? If I had to think of a memorable FE 7 map, that would be the one. Aesthetically, I'm not sure how it would boil down to, but I would imagine maybe soldiers duking it out in the background or maybe that mini-boss paladin could charge the stage like a boss. Ursula would also summon bolting from the background. It would be pretty fun.

NSSKG151

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Lucaruto151RedX
3DS FC
1092-1616-4089
Switch FC
SW-4128-7335-9024
Celica was beyond unknown when Corrin first got in and would have still been virtually unknown when the SSBU roster was decided (when was SoV announced? I know it wasn't out yet at least). People like Celica now and want her but I doubt people would have liked her that much then.
Fire Emblem Echoes was first announced in that Fire Emblem focused Direct back in January 2017, a mere four/five months before it was released. The game was most likely still in development when Smash Ultimate's roster was decided.

Though really the only way Celica (or Alm for that matter) had only chance for the base roster was if Sakurai knew Intelligent System was making Echoes and did what he does for Pokémon reps and reserved a spot for them like he did with Incineroar and Greninja. Though really I always kind of just imagine that Corrin was intended to be Fire Emblem's new rep for Smash Ultimate since Fates would still be the most recent Fire Emblem game when the base roster was most likely decided but was then moved to be part of Smash 4's DLC for advertising purposes.

Rayleigh

Smash Journeyman
I've mentioned it in a long winded post, but what about Battle Before Dawn? If I had to think of a memorable FE 7 map, that would be the one. Aesthetically, I'm not sure how it would boil down to, but I would imagine maybe soldiers duking it out in the background or maybe that mini-boss paladin could charge the stage like a boss. Ursula would also summon bolting from the background. It would be pretty fun.
Let's go even further beyond.

Make it a Hyrule Temple Sized map, and make it so you randomly have to rescue Nino from NPCs before she dies. Do this and you get a buff. Fail to do this, and Jaffar hunts your ass down.

D

Deleted member

Let's go even further beyond.

Make it a Hyrule Temple Sized map, and make it so you randomly have to rescue Nino from NPCs before she dies. Do this and you get a buff. Fail to do this, and Jaffar hunts your *** down.
You have to rescue Nino and Jaffar, and doing so recruits them to your side like the Flying Men in Magicant. You also have to add Zephiel as an NPC, and if he dies, the match just ends in a no contest.

SPEN18

Smash Champion
Well, I guess I'd just have trouble imagining that as a Smash stage, but it is a pretty iconic map from FE7.

I don't know if Ursula is well-known enough for people to really understand what's happening. Same with Maxime; he's a pretty minor character and so I don't think they'd go through the trouble of making a model for him just to charge through a stage.

Also, what would the stage be called?

But anyway, it could be fun if they could make it work but I don't know how

Deathlightning21

Smash Lord
NNID
Deathlightning21
3DS FC
1779-0225-2026
Well, I guess I'd just have trouble imagining that as a Smash stage, but it is a pretty iconic map from FE7.

I don't know if Ursula is well-known enough for people to really understand what's happening. Same with Maxime; he's a pretty minor character and so I don't think they'd go through the trouble of making a model for him just to charge through a stage.

Also, what would the stage be called?

But anyway, it could be fun if they could make it work but I don't know how
I think a possible name could be something like "Castle of Bern" or "Bern Castle".

Speaking of Stages, every fighter from the fighter's pass comes with a stage. So, for your fire emblem pick, what stage would they come with?

For Lyn, she'd probably come with the Dragon's gate stage we've talked about in the past.

SPEN18

Smash Champion
So, for your fire emblem pick, what stage would they come with?

For Lyn, she'd probably come with the Dragon's gate stage we've talked about in the past.
Well, you and I seem to be on the same page for Lyn with the Dragon's Gate.

But to add to the question, what music would come with Lyn?

I'd like another remix of "Attack" cuz I love that one. Maybe Eliwood's Theme. Probably a few others that aren't coming to mind right now.

Rayleigh

Smash Journeyman
I, too, am on the Dragon's Gate train. No other place in the game is more important than the Isle of Valor; Bern was FE6's big thing. As for music? Hm...We have an attack remix already I believe? Honestly, with how boring the FE maps are? I always forget and just go somewhere else.

For something FE7 Specific, I'd say:

- Unshakeable Faith...which is basically Eliwood's Theme (Ablaze) for you Awakening folk. Poor Eliwood, third place in his own game...don't worry buddy, I'm rooting for you. Eliwood for Smash.
- Rise to the Challenge
- Girl of the Plains (but a more hype, battle remix.)
- Winds of the Plains (For a more Lyn-focused Soundtrack)
- Dragon's Gate (For the Dragon's Gate)
- Nergal's Wrath (Orchestrated; perfect for the Dragon's Gate)
- What Comes from Darkness (Also perfect for the Dragon's Gate)
- Merlinus...why not?
- Softly With Grace (See WCoD. It got that mad xylophone, yo.)
- Knight's Oath...because it's hype. Also because Harken is lowkey the best character in the game. The Absolute Madman...literally. He's great. Harken for Smash.
- Maybe a few of those remixed FE6 songs that FE7 had as unlockables?

Last edited:

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
I, too, am on the Dragon's Gate train. No other place in the game is more important than the Isle of Valor; Bern was FE6's big thing. As for music? Hm...We have an attack remix already I believe? Honestly, with how boring the FE maps are? I always forget and just go somewhere else.

- Unshakeable Faith...which is basically Eliwood's Theme (Ablaze) for you Awakening folk. Poor Eliwood, third place in his own game...don't worry buddy, I'm rooting for you. Eliwood for Smash.
- Rise to the Challenge
- Merlinus...why not?
- Knight's Oath...because it's hype. Also because Harken is lowkey the best character in the game. The Absolute Madman...literally. He's great. Harken for Smash.
I think you're forgetting Everything Into The Dark.

SPEN18

Smash Champion

- Rise to the Challenge
- Merlinus...why not?
Aaaaahhhh

I'm itching to hear a brand new version of pretty much all of these.

FE7's music is great but sometimes the GBA's restrictions leave so much untapped potential.

Also, there is indeed already an Attack remix (and it's great) but I wouldn't mind another one.

shocktarts17

Smash Ace
I think a possible name could be something like "Castle of Bern" or "Bern Castle".

Speaking of Stages, every fighter from the fighter's pass comes with a stage. So, for your fire emblem pick, what stage would they come with?

What about a stage around the plains?

shocktarts17

Smash Ace
The plains are kinda.... plain.

All the plain areas are just flat land with a few tents, which isn't that interesting unless you make it a travelling stage.
Agreed 100% but it is a fairly significant part of who Lyn is. But yeah it would have to be a travelling stage, unless you did a bridge of Eldin type stage. Perhaps have horses stampede through the middle and maybe arrows could come in from off stage as a stage hazard.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Oh hey, this thread exists, cool.

I don't really care for talking about cuts, but in terms of who I'd like to see and who have a non-zero chance of happening, I'd put Celica and Hector right up there. Celica's one of my favourite lords and could work as either a Robin echo or as a more unique sword+magic fighter, and Hector because we need more weapon-type diversity in Smash, and an axe would be a good fit there.

As for less realistic chances? Forrest is top of my list forever, he's by far and away the best thing to come out of Fates. Plus basically anyone on a pegasus like Elincia or Shiida, just to see how they'd handle that in Smash.

Also as for the poll question, over in the Fire Emblem section (here!) I made this big post about which FE game is best to start with for series newcomers or people who've only played Awakening/Fates.

Also just check out the FE section in general. We need more people there. :p

Grie

Smash Apprentice
So, I finally played an fe game. Got fe7 on wii u vc, started Lyn mode, ch5 rolls around and Florina gets killed because I was wreckless. Still excited to play the rest of the game.

shocktarts17

Smash Ace
So, I finally played an fe game. Got fe7 on wii u vc, started Lyn mode, ch5 rolls around and Florina gets killed because I was wreckless. Still excited to play the rest of the game.
Yep sounds about right lol, welcome to the fandom!

D

Deleted member

I'm against cuts in general, even if I don't like Roy or Corrin as characters. People will scream "clones" but the FE clones are the one who provide the most gameplay differences. It's a good thing it can have so many because it allows more fans to be happy about the roster.

Personally, I'm more into ideas for newcomers, and I have posted these on the discussion thread before half-jokingly but I'll develop them more here using Sakurai's "three words", which in case you don't know, is how he conceptualizes each fighter at their most basic. I think a lot of fan movesets lack one theme and that's a theme to follow. References don't make a fighter.
I have more ideas for FE fighters but today I'll do the two most popupar males not yet in Smash: Hector and Ephraim. On the surface, they already bring two new weapon styles but I believe their signature weapons and skills can bring so much more. I'd do normals but those are kind of boring to do and I feel like specials alongside a general idea of HOW they play is a better way to share these ideas instead of "X does this thing". So, without further ado:

Hector: Armored anti-zoner axe.
Saying Hector would play just like Ike(slow but strong) is a terrible oversimplification. I mean, yeah, he'd play like that, but that's not the only thing that defines a character. Ike has two good recovery options(albeit linear) and good movement in general, Hector is an armored unit, he should have bad movement options in excahnge for great defenses and strong attacks. For his attacks, he axehead would obviously deal the most damage, working in a similar way to DDD with slow and long moves. Additionally, he'd have electrical properties in some of his attacks, which would increase his hitboxes though they wouldn't be as effective and more like Robin's DSmash which grants him a slightly bigger cover area. And to sell the point of him being armored, he'd possess super armor in some of his attacks, which would allow him to trade with his opponents more effectivelly.

Neutral Special - Bolting: Hector charges Armads and strikes the ground, unleasing a thunderstrike in front of him. The axe itself has a hitbox but that won't increase in damage or knockback, instead, the thunderstrike will power up and hit further away from Hector the longer it's charged. Looking similar to the thunder animation from the GBA games, the lightning bolt won't go below Hector's height, which is also where its sweetspot is located. This move has super armor throughout the entire duration, from charging to the release of the hitbox. Its weakness is quite obvious in that it's incredibly telegraphed and dodging the thunder is easy if you know where it'll land.

Side Special - Hand Axe: an uncharacteristically fast move, both for Hector and for being a boomerang projectile. It doesn't travel much but it covers the area in front of Hector quickly. It's a move designed to catch approaching opponents offguard, but don't expect it to deal much damage and many other projectiles can overpower it.

Up Special - Hectocopter: Hector ascends while spinning his axe above him before quickly descending at its apex with an axe strike. This move doesn't grant much vertical distance and if Hector isn't close enough to the ledge, he'll plummet to his death. The two things it has going for it are its horizontal distance granted and the damage it provides as the ascending hitbox will combo into the axe strike, spiking opponents as well. Still, it can be easily gimped as long as the opponent doesn't try to challenge its hitboxes.

Down Special - Distant Counter: Hector's signature skill, he'll ready himself and counter a move thrown at him. There's one catch with this and it's that this counter will always hit the owner of a countered move, no matter where they are, represented by a lightning strike hitting them. This is what allows Hector to counter zoners so effectivelly, as even reflectors could have some trouble against certain opponents. The tradeoff to this is that this is the weakest counter in the entire game, having absolutely no multiplier. It's a move meant to force zoners to approach, as the further they are from Hector, the easier it is for him to successfully counter a projectile.

Final Smash - Triangle Attack: The Thunder of Ostia, the Flame of Pherae and the Winds of Sacae combine together for a powerful combination attack on the enemy. Hector summons Eliwood and Lyn who help him deliver a simultaneous strike on the enemy.

In FEH, Hector was designed to be able to fight at any range and that's what he's here. DC forces opponents to approach while Bolting punishes the camping harder, Hand Axe is a good neutral tool for midrange. His goal is to force zoners to fight in a position they're not comfortable at. His weakness, however, is that he loses to fighters who specialize in said position he's trying to force, grapplers make a meal of him in particular as his super armor is useless against grabs and his heavy weight and big stature allows other heavies to combo him. In a nutshell, my concept for Hector is a character that forces others to play the way he wants, but give him an opponent that's better than him at his game and he'll struggle.

---------------------------------------------------------

Ephraim: aggressive healing lancer

Ephraim is the obvious choice for a onfoot spear fighter, but Ephraim doesn't pick fights he can't win, so instead of playing **** measuring contest with the Belmonts, he focuses on what he does best: going all out with no care for consequences. Many of his moves are powerful, hit hard and come out quick but he's left wide open afterwards, he's a calculated fighter in that he shouldn't be throwing out moves willy nilly but when he knows he can get away with it, he'll do some serious damage. But don't worry, because he can afford that, after all, he can heal himself up with moves based off his Solar Brace skill from Heroes.

Neutral Special - Solar Brace: Ephraim charges himself while crouching as the sun shines above him. After a few moments, Siegmund's tip will catch fire, signifying the move has been successful. This will give Ephraim's next attack the property of healing him for 30% of the damage dealt. This move takes about as long as WFT's Deep Breath to charge up and repeated uses will increase the charge period.

Side Special - Brash Assault: Ephraim dashes while stabbing forward, and then follows up with another stab, one of the few moves that doesn't leave Ephraim wide open afterwards. However, the second hit won't come out if he's above 50% damage and the first one has a lot more ending lag to it.

Up Special - Rising Sun: Ephraim spins upwards in a multi-hit attack and a small sun-like explosion is created at its apex. All the hits in this move will count towards Solar Brace's effect, making it a great way to quickly recover health, though not as much to recover height...

Down Special - Sol: Ephraim stabs forward and, if this move connects, the opponent will be pinned to his lance, during which Eprhaim can repeatedly tap the special button to deal damage while recovering his own damage. This move is sort of a combination to Skewer and Nosferatu in that it's hard to hit as only the tip is the sweetspot while also recovering HP. And yes, this does stack with Solar Brace.

Final Smash - Prince of Restoration: Ephraim dashes forward and stops once hitting an opponent, from which a sun will start to grow at the place the hit connected, dealing damage to his opponent and anyone nearby before blowing up and launching them all away. Ephraim will recover half of the damage dealt to his opponent.

While the other two fighters that a healing-based moveset would make most sense for, Ike and Chrom with their Aethers, they are already in and none of their moves focus on this aspect. But since Siegmund is known as the flame spear, Ephraim received a signature skill in FEH related to Sol skills and he's known as the Prince of RESTORATION, I felt that he was the best choice for that.
He's a fighter that uses aggresives moves and that can backfire hard but he is allowed to make some mistakes as long as he manages to get the advantage again. Basically, the best way to play Ephraim would be to not pick fights you cannot win, as even though he can heal himself, he's not exactly the sturdiest of fighters.

I'll share more of these eventually, FE has as much potential as Pokemon and people don't give that enough credit. If people are that interested in these, I'll accept recommendations for who to do next.

shocktarts17

Smash Ace
Hector: Armored anti-zoner axe.
Saying Hector would play just like Ike(slow but strong) is a terrible oversimplification. I mean, yeah, he'd play like that, but that's not the only thing that defines a character. Ike has two good recovery options(albeit linear) and good movement in general, Hector is an armored unit, he should have bad movement options in excahnge for great defenses and strong attacks. For his attacks, he axehead would obviously deal the most damage, working in a similar way to DDD with slow and long moves. Additionally, he'd have electrical properties in some of his attacks, which would increase his hitboxes though they wouldn't be as effective and more like Robin's DSmash which grants him a slightly bigger cover area. And to sell the point of him being armored, he'd possess super armor in some of his attacks, which would allow him to trade with his opponents more effectivelly.

Neutral Special - Bolting: Hector charges Armads and strikes the ground, unleasing a thunderstrike in front of him. The axe itself has a hitbox but that won't increase in damage or knockback, instead, the thunderstrike will power up and hit further away from Hector the longer it's charged. Looking similar to the thunder animation from the GBA games, the lightning bolt won't go below Hector's height, which is also where its sweetspot is located. This move has super armor throughout the entire duration, from charging to the release of the hitbox. Its weakness is quite obvious in that it's incredibly telegraphed and dodging the thunder is easy if you know where it'll land.

Side Special - Hand Axe: an uncharacteristically fast move, both for Hector and for being a boomerang projectile. It doesn't travel much but it covers the area in front of Hector quickly. It's a move designed to catch approaching opponents offguard, but don't expect it to deal much damage and many other projectiles can overpower it.

Up Special - Hectocopter: Hector ascends while spinning his axe above him before quickly descending at its apex with an axe strike. This move doesn't grant much vertical distance and if Hector isn't close enough to the ledge, he'll plummet to his death. The two things it has going for it are its horizontal distance granted and the damage it provides as the ascending hitbox will combo into the axe strike, spiking opponents as well. Still, it can be easily gimped as long as the opponent doesn't try to challenge its hitboxes.

Down Special - Distant Counter: Hector's signature skill, he'll ready himself and counter a move thrown at him. There's one catch with this and it's that this counter will always hit the owner of a countered move, no matter where they are, represented by a lightning strike hitting them. This is what allows Hector to counter zoners so effectivelly, as even reflectors could have some trouble against certain opponents. The tradeoff to this is that this is the weakest counter in the entire game, having absolutely no multiplier. It's a move meant to force zoners to approach, as the further they are from Hector, the easier it is for him to successfully counter a projectile.

Final Smash - Triangle Attack: The Thunder of Ostia, the Flame of Pherae and the Winds of Sacae combine together for a powerful combination attack on the enemy. Hector summons Eliwood and Lyn who help him deliver a simultaneous strike on the enemy.

In FEH, Hector was designed to be able to fight at any range and that's what he's here. DC forces opponents to approach while Bolting punishes the camping harder, Hand Axe is a good neutral tool for midrange. His goal is to force zoners to fight in a position they're not comfortable at. His weakness, however, is that he loses to fighters who specialize in said position he's trying to force, grapplers make a meal of him in particular as his super armor is useless against grabs and his heavy weight and big stature allows other heavies to combo him. In a nutshell, my concept for Hector is a character that forces others to play the way he wants, but give him an opponent that's better than him at his game and he'll struggle.
That's great and I really like the concept, I could see distant counter being balanced by the start and end lag keeping it from being spamable. His recovery being trash hurts my soul since I currently find Inceniroar so hard to play because of it but it sounds like it fits well here.

Ephraim: aggressive healing lancer

Ephraim is the obvious choice for a onfoot spear fighter, but Ephraim doesn't pick fights he can't win, so instead of playing **** measuring contest with the Belmonts, he focuses on what he does best: going all out with no care for consequences. Many of his moves are powerful, hit hard and come out quick but he's left wide open afterwards, he's a calculated fighter in that he shouldn't be throwing out moves willy nilly but when he knows he can get away with it, he'll do some serious damage. But don't worry, because he can afford that, after all, he can heal himself up with moves based off his Solar Brace skill from Heroes.

Neutral Special - Solar Brace: Ephraim charges himself while crouching as the sun shines above him. After a few moments, Siegmund's tip will catch fire, signifying the move has been successful. This will give Ephraim's next attack the property of healing him for 30% of the damage dealt. This move takes about as long as WFT's Deep Breath to charge up and repeated uses will increase the charge period.

Side Special - Brash Assault: Ephraim dashes while stabbing forward, and then follows up with another stab, one of the few moves that doesn't leave Ephraim wide open afterwards. However, the second hit won't come out if he's above 50% damage and the first one has a lot more ending lag to it.

Up Special - Rising Sun: Ephraim spins upwards in a multi-hit attack and a small sun-like explosion is created at its apex. All the hits in this move will count towards Solar Brace's effect, making it a great way to quickly recover health, though not as much to recover height...

Down Special - Sol: Ephraim stabs forward and, if this move connects, the opponent will be pinned to his lance, during which Eprhaim can repeatedly tap the special button to deal damage while recovering his own damage. This move is sort of a combination to Skewer and Nosferatu in that it's hard to hit as only the tip is the sweetspot while also recovering HP. And yes, this does stack with Solar Brace.

Final Smash - Prince of Restoration: Ephraim dashes forward and stops once hitting an opponent, from which a sun will start to grow at the place the hit connected, dealing damage to his opponent and anyone nearby before blowing up and launching them all away. Ephraim will recover half of the damage dealt to his opponent.

While the other two fighters that a healing-based moveset would make most sense for, Ike and Chrom with their Aethers, they are already in and none of their moves focus on this aspect. But since Siegmund is known as the flame spear, Ephraim received a signature skill in FEH related to Sol skills and he's known as the Prince of RESTORATION, I felt that he was the best choice for that.
He's a fighter that uses aggresives moves and that can backfire hard but he is allowed to make some mistakes as long as he manages to get the advantage again. Basically, the best way to play Ephraim would be to not pick fights you cannot win, as even though he can heal himself, he's not exactly the sturdiest of fighters.
I like this idea and it isn't one I've heard before, I remain slightly concerned it would be a nightmare to balance with all that recovery but if they can find the sweet spot it would be really cool.

I love your ideas and would love to see more. Who else do you have?

D

Deleted member

That's great and I really like the concept, I could see distant counter being balanced by the start and end lag keeping it from being spamable. His recovery being trash hurts my soul since I currently find Inceniroar so hard to play because of it but it sounds like it fits well here.

I like this idea and it isn't one I've heard before, I remain slightly concerned it would be a nightmare to balance with all that recovery but if they can find the sweet spot it would be really cool.

I love your ideas and would love to see more. Who else do you have?
My initial idea for DC was just to have a Counter+Deflector like Palutena and K.Rool but I thought that'd bee too simple. I like the idea of Hector being able to counter anything from anywhere but yeah, relative slow startup wouod be the best way to go about it.
Balance is usually more of a number issue tbh and I usually don't delve into that because I don't understand those and Ephraim is reaply just an issue of "how often can he charge up and does that really become worth it?". Sol is just like Skewer, it's hard to use but if you hit that's your opponent's fault.

As for ideas, I have general concepts but nothing really concrete. I'm more of the type to come up with ideas as I write but I do want to do something for characters like Anna, Lyon, a horseback fighter and an Archer(probably Takumi, no one else would work as well).

shocktarts17

Smash Ace
My initial idea for DC was just to have a Counter+Deflector like Palutena and K.Rool but I thought that'd bee too simple. I like the idea of Hector being able to counter anything from anywhere but yeah, relative slow startup wouod be the best way to go about it.
Balance is usually more of a number issue tbh and I usually don't delve into that because I don't understand those and Ephraim is reaply just an issue of "how often can he charge up and does that really become worth it?". Sol is just like Skewer, it's hard to use but if you hit that's your opponent's fault.

As for ideas, I have general concepts but nothing really concrete. I'm more of the type to come up with ideas as I write but I do want to do something for characters like Anna, Lyon, a horseback fighter and an Archer(probably Takumi, no one else would work as well).
I would love to hear your ideas for someone on horseback, I think it would be so cool but I haven't come up with any way to get around some of the hurdles other than jumping...(because horses jump...never mind).

D

Deleted member

I would love to hear your ideas for someone on horseback, I think it would be so cool but I haven't come up with any way to get around some of the hurdles other than jumping...(because horses jump...never mind).
Just watch some Fates or Warriors gameplay of Xander, that should give you an idea.

I also think Echoes has some good animations for horse attacks that could be used.

shocktarts17

Smash Ace
Just watch some Fates or Warriors gameplay of Xander, that should give you an idea.

I also think Echoes has some good animations for horse attacks that could be used.
Yeah I've played it (major Musou nerd) but FEW doesn't have the same issues of height balance and things like grappling and ledge grabbing that would cause issues. Either Xander would have to be tiny or he would tower over even Ridley.

D

Deleted member

Yeah I've played it (major Musou nerd) but FEW doesn't have the same issues of height balance and things like grappling and ledge grabbing that would cause issues. Either Xander would have to be tiny or he would tower over even Ridley.
I never considered the ledge issues but I think they could make it work considering Bowser Jr. is similar in concept. Height is probably easy to work around though, you just need to make the horse smaller.

shocktarts17

Smash Ace
I never considered the ledge issues but I think they could make it work considering Bowser Jr. is similar in concept. Height is probably easy to work around though, you just need to make the horse smaller.
I'd be skeptical but if anyone can do it Sakurai probably could. Though the clown car kinda "sticks" to Bowser Jr in a way that a horse wouldn't.

shocktarts17

Smash Ace
Robin is already playable, let's get someone who needs that top 10
but you know...cool and stuff...

lol jk actually I need to think about who I want to vote for. I actually do kinda want to vote Robin since I think he has an outside shot but I also wanna do Owain who's one of my favorites. I could also see Anna being neat and it might help reduce the likelihood of getting Camilla. Someone like Ranulf who isn't in would be cool or Zelgus/Black Knight would be great to see a bad guy win again.

SPEN18

Smash Champion
CYL is something that I don't play to win.

I just vote for my faves to show them some support, even if they have no chance of coming close to winning.

shocktarts17

Smash Ace
CYL is something that I don't play to win.

I just vote for my faves to show them some support, even if they have no chance of coming close to winning.
Agreed but at the same time if I like 5 characters and one has a shot I'll probably go for them even if they aren't my first choice.

D

Deleted member

I couod vote for Joshua but he's never breaking top 20 again and he already got in.
I could vote for The Reonhardt but he hardly needs my support.
I could vote for Hel but her Brave version wouldn't have a scythe

SPEN18

Smash Champion
I might spend a couple votes on characters I like that aren't in the game like Wolf or Gatrie.
I might also vote for faves that are in the game but that I'd like to see with different art and/or weapons. Like a sword Raven or a better Seth.
Idk how far down the ballot they look, though. I'll probably just go day-by-day; not sure how many characters I'll split my votes between, either.
I voted for Barst today because he's my favorite FE character and so he has to get at least one.

Last edited:
Top Bottom