• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fire and Lightning Mafia - Game Over!!!

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Alright so I decided to withhold from posting until I had fully caught up and now I finally am so yay on that note. Very peculiar game to read through instead of skim because I thought I had knew somewhat what was going on but really I was not that close from a skim-read.

So this uncap+voting thing is a new concept for me but as I have been noticing with the players this game, people seem to be throwing their uncap around a lot more than using their votes. I don't get why people aren't using their votes a bit more but yesterDay seemed to be very odd with the way it ended in a somewhat unfair July lynch. I didn't think that was actually going to happen but then it built steam since no one could agree to anything. The person pushing the lynch with such gusto, Kuzi, was a bit astonishing because he should be able to read July a bit better than that, especially with marking her as his biggest scum-read. Though he has said this before and, in fact, done it to myself in which he said I would 100% flip scum, and I've flipped town. Heh. The fact July flipped town, is making me feel null on Kuzi because I want him back from being from banned to see what exactly he means by figuring out the scum-team.

Kuzi for me only gets an IGMEOU since it's a read I'm gonna be going back and forth in my head.

That paragraph came a bit sloppy so apologies for that.

Based on who is between the uncap's today, I want to keep Xonar>Gord. I don't necessarily have a scum read on Gord but I have this really strong feeling of Xonar being town that I almost don't wanna question because I am reading his posts insanely town and he is trying to do things in the thread that are appearing extremely towny to me. People seem to dislike him based on his style of keeping his cards to himself but none of the cases really, for me, have basically showcased to show how this guy is scummy. *shrug*

Uncap: Brosuke

Sorry Gord duder, I just like Bro more than you right now. ^^"

Rajam/Raz/DH/Soupa do not really mark an impression upon me besides leans at the current time. ('cept DH, he's completely null at the moment)

Ryker, not seeing scum and it seems he has been busy a lot of the time with V/LA so when people are trying to say that he is just apathetic scum which fits his meta, it seems like stretching to find a point to have Ryker look like scum at the current time. I don't see myself heading down lynching Ryker with a case against him.

KevinM is one of my only scum-reads at the current time. Here are some reasons I find myself a little questioning when I look at Kevin.

• His hop onto July was very bandwagony when he never even really explained why he had such a change of heart.
  • There was the fact that he was pushing Circus really hard and for some paranoia reason that everyone was writing Circus as town too easily (which I did not find the case to be *However I do like Circus as town because when he does post, I find myself agreeing with him but his activity is less to be desired for*)
  • His attack on Brosuke was not one that was thought through well enough and the transition of going from Bro to Circus seems odd considering he just dropped it to go to Circus. By odd, I mean scummy in the sense of his attack on Bro doesn't seem that credible and it also makes his Circus case seem weaker since it lacked anything substantial to condemn Circus.

**Question for Kuzi, why did you not call out Kevin on this but call Ryker out on his dropping of his Gord case?**

• The points against him(Bro) were shallow and so are the similar points against Circus and now myself.
  • He has hardly contributed to the thread in terms of scum-hunting but has been here to cover his butt when the time comes and also likes to make himself known that he is following someone but he does not go about trying to petition a wagon on his scum-pick or scum-hunt on them to help his case at all. He is throwing out scum-picks and leaving them out to dry which I do not like.
  • If I could draw attention to this post here, there is an unsettling amount of over-defensiveness which is consistent to quite a few reactions to other people's pushes on KevinM *one that comes to mind is the Ryker push*. He also likes to bring up meta, primarily his own, which is a great hook into my next point.
  • Kevin then tries to use someone else's meta to try and substantiate a scum-read on Myself which is just not looking very well thought. He says he has not really liked My slot since D1 but he never really brought this feeling to light, whatsoever. His reasoning is based on what someone else has said and not on anything new or anything he has brought to light himself by his on individual hands. Someone brought this point up earlier *IIRC it was Ryker and then Kuzi* where Kevin has not been getting his hands dirty in anything of his own will.
  • He says "Joey(my slot) is scum, I would stake my **** on it." yet as Xonor points out: No vote. Let me add onto this point; There is no vote, no pressure, no asking questioning, no directing people to lynch my slot, absolutely nothing at all. The major question is why?

So I want KevinM to be lynched out of all the other people at the current time.

Vote: KevinM

KevinM, I want a better case on myself if you plan to pursue me more.
Make a stance on both Kuzi and Ryker, cite exactly why you feel as such.
You seem to dislike Brosuke, why have you not uncapped Gord then?
I want you to back up your suspicions on Circus and Bro in more detail; I don't want a post saying that you have because since I am asking this, I'd really be appreciative to have an answer to this.
Who is your top scum-pick?
If you had to lynch one of Raz/Soupa/Rajam, who would it be and why?

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Hey Razamata, I heard that the finals finally unleashed your from their grasp. What about commenting on pretty much everything?

You're at 11 posts, lowest out of everyone.
This is a rather absurd request, so you're gonna need to narrow **** down.
Uncap gorf

Bro, that was a disgusting kevinM attack. Almost all of it is based off of you "reading" kevinM, with things like "he would never attack..." and "he would obviously..."

This isn't D1. you should be able to have hard evidence by now.

Vote: Raziek

You lurk abit (understandable with finals,) yet you then decide to defend ryker with some bizarre points, and you have yet to back up most of your reads.
Already addressed, but this is a greasy-*** vote. You don't know my meta though, so whatever. I don't do much early game. It's not how I roll.
And i know youre not talking about this, but @DH thats more of a "razieks on rykers d***" tell than a scum one. Plus its odd that you call out bro for lack of hard evidence when thats why you vote raz.
I like this post. I'll always be on Ryker's **** unless I know he's scum, jfyi. I gain nothing by making an enemy of someone I KNOW can lynch me, regardless of our alignments.

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
Skim'd the post, I'm pretty cool with J. If there's something I missed I'll comment when I'm home, but I'd like to see what KevM has to say on it...

But J bby y u no uncap :c!

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Sell me on not scum hunting being null. Cuz I'm not.
You're not a force; you're always an observer. That is a weakness in some respects and a strength in others. If I were you I'd make other people be forced to convince me to do things and use that to get information. Painstakingly post your reads consistently, and post your thought process. You don't have the "umph" that some players have that can make a lynch happen and tend to make yourself a target when you do; your analytical behavior is just fine though, and if you approach things from an analytical standpoint and let someone else lead the charge, you can just supply the evidence and be a huge boon to town.
It's the way I play regardless of alignment, so I can't make the tell in general null, but for me it is. Deal. I'm not a D1 player, and I'm still a little behind on this game.

Rajam

Smash Champion
Agree with Kuzi's suspicion of Ryker but will mull it due to the fact Ryker hasn't followed up anything, will consider points on how Ryker refutes it.

Apologies for multi posts, i'm on a phone, it's really hard to quote.
Soup, what's your read on KevMo, Circus, and Joey?
KevMo leans town, wondering where his Brosuke thing will go but i like his thought process and he seems earnest.

Circus is null, he talks a good game but yet to make any stances.

Joey leans scum, unsure if Joey AtE is just Joey AtE or just scum, if you get what i mean.
Soup you do realize your read on Circus has literally made no sense this entire game, not to mention your vote is still on him.
I get the feeling, to be honest i feel like Joey wouldn't try and skate like this on tells and would actually try and seem town, have you seen his play on detective for example? that's the kind of Joey i would suspect, his play here feels far too empty for either sides but the point still remains that it's scummy.

would like your reasonings on KevMo kuz, that surprised me.
I know it doesn't, i'm just really paranoid of Circus, i wanted to pressure him for the first part but i agree where my vote is makes no sense, will consider moving it later but i have still yet to read your case on July, but with things are shaping how interactions are going, i kinda feel like i don't even need to, but i still will for the sake of being something interesting.
unsure about Raz, unsure about his play, still catching up actually as i make myself dinner, i'll try and pin all of these things once i get to it, but right now Rajam shows some intent of town and i'd need to look at the little content Raz has.
Soup, any scumpicks besides Joey?
Not neccesairly scumpicks but merely things that don't fit into my PoE for the play toDay, that PoE would be between Ryker/Gorf/July/and maybe Circus.
I still see Joey as slightly scum but i want to base this game off of connections due to the fact we're looking for those things, i want to lynch the person with the best connections, and the person who give us most benefit from their lynch, the same goes with who gets the incap
Soupamario on a super-effective chain of lack of assertiveness regarding his scumpicks

Dark Horse, your take on this? confused town, insecure scum not wanting to leave trails, or something else?

#HBC | Gorf

Raz said:
It's the way I play regardless of alignment, so I can't make the tell in general null, but for me it is. Deal. I'm not a D1 player, and I'm still a little behind on this game.
This was @ Rajam's holey logic.

#HBC | Gorf

Raz said:
I like this post. I'll always be on Ryker's **** unless I know he's scum, jfyi. I gain nothing by making an enemy of someone I KNOW can lynch me, regardless of our alignments.
Voicing suspicion or leaning toward somebody's case is not making an enemy of, it's backing your opinion. I'm sure you don't think I'm better than you. But there's a reason I'm going after my scumRyker read: because I want to lynch scum.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I'm gonna try and see what is up with Kuz being banned since it seems to be user requested.

I'll look for a potential replacement just in case.

Also vote count soonish.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
@J,
If KeviM is scum, who is his scummate?

Soupamario on a super-effective chain of lack of assertiveness regarding his scumpicks

Dark Horse, your take on this? confused town, insecure scum not wanting to leave trails, or something else?
Why are you asking DH specifically here?

This is a rather absurd request, so you're gonna need to narrow **** down.
Stance on the uncapped, stance on the pursued, stance on J now that his slot is actually active. Comments where you think comments are due, is what I'm basically asking.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Gorf are you cool with hopping on KeviM and under which circumstances? Work with me here.

Also Raz, you should go all-out. I want a good read on you, make it happen.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Oops forgot one thing

Gorf, if Ryker flips scum, where are we gonna look for his partner? Gimme candidates and some reasons why they are candidates. Help me see more merit here.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
@J,
If KeviM is scum, who is his scummate?
I don't really have someone I plug together with my scum-picks till later on in the game where things are more concrete. I like KevinM as scum. There is also the fact there are four scum-mates that I am trying to figure out instead of 3, but it seems weirder since they are not all on a team. I've decided to purely focus on scuminess rather than trying to connect people together until it becomes necessary.

@Gord: I did uncap but yeah I just feel Bro is giving me more town vibes that make me more confident in him than yourself as I explained above.

Bro/Gord, can you both give me reads on Raz/Rajam/DH/Soupa please?

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
You've read the entire thread, KeviM has 1 scummate, find him. That's your mission before you make your next post.

Null/Unsure-lean-Town/Town/Town

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
If I had to give a hypothesis, I'd probably pick one of th3kuzi/Soupa.

Can you explain why you have such town reads on Soupa/DH?

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Soup looks like he's legitimately trying to contribute to the town, and he has been trying to do so the entire time.
Some remarks like "I don't like your push on July"(@kuz) are just totally town to me. He's actually reading and doing stuff.

Have you played with Soupa a lot, J?

sec for dark horse

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
For DH there's obviously the fact that he doesn't even know the mafia's night actions properly.
Hasn't hesitated to take stances, been genuinely following things he thought were off, even if they were wrong.

Would love to hear more though.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Yes, I have played with Soupa quite a lot.

Consider KevinM as scum and has flipped as such since we are talking about Soupa. Can you go back and read that with that thought? Soupa throughout yesterDay kept saying KevinM was town and didn't like him as scum but never really backed up why nor did he (ever really) try to give another scum-pick for people to try and look at at. Bringing up your statement to Kuzi, "I don't like the July push." yet did he do anything to stop her lynch or look for a better one or was he just saying things?

Can you quote that DH slipping up with NA's? I'm really curious about that now.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Would Soupa reply that way to KeviM pressure? I think that as scum, he'd just ignore it, he hates pressure for as far as I know.
I know what his antics were, but I thought it wasn't that off. I think a scumSoupa would be fast to sheep instead of buddy his partner.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Hmm, I'm cool with leaving DH alone with just that series of posts for a bit then.

So basically you are assuming with what you would expect Soupa to do as scum and not based on what is actually happening? Do you agree/disagree with what Rajam has pointed out in a previous post w.r.t. Soupa? Can you show me where you are getting that he isn't a sheep with his vote? Did he ever explain his dislike to July in detail that wasn't regurgitated by someone else?

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Mhm.

A voice is telling me "It's just Soup being dumb", but I will look into it tomorrow and I'll be pondering scumSoup til then. Though Soup is not the play today, except if he manages to **** up bad or something.

He did read everything though. So call-out right here, go do something, Soup.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Xonar could you answer this, you missed it.

Xonar said:
Bringing up your statement to Kuzi, "I don't like the July push." yet did he do anything to stop her lynch or look for a better one or was he just saying things?
Here is something to question as well, why didn't he like it if he, himself, ended up voting/wanting July's lynch?

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Wow I got confused then. My apologies. Probably shouldn't have done that read-through in one sitting. XD

Regardless of not being on July's wagon, he still seemed to want her lynch iirc.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Not neccesairly scumpicks but merely things that don't fit into my PoE for the play toDay, that PoE would be between Ryker/Gorf/July/and maybe Circus.
Here is where he said he would be alright with July's lynch.

However, looking at those posts you have brought up, I am beginning to waver on having Soupa be Kevin's buddy if a scum-pick at all. Though Soupa hasn't been a scum-pick of mine at all since this entire conversation we have been having is hypothetical. ;P

You win though. I can't see Soupa as Kevin's scum-mate at the current time so I guess I'll go with my other pick of it being Kuzi if I had to choose one.

#HBC | Dark Horse

Mach-Hommy x Murakami
I like J this game. 'specially since he''s hit the sweet spot between throwing **** all over the place,* and stubbornly going against someone regardless of any rebuttals.

*BTW, this is what I thought as what Soup's posts are. Right now, they seem to be him panicking, esp. in the quoted posts that he is responding to. I read it as panicking scum.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Thanks I guess lol?

Anyways, DH, would you lynch KevinM? How about Kuzi? Do you have anyone better in mind?

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Okay J bear with me because I'm once again gonna test the waters of your read.

I can see why you'd partner Kuz and Soupa looking at their interaction, but how I see it is that I'd sooner see Kuz just telling Soupa what to do if they were to be scum. So where do you draw these connections from?

DH what's your read on me and yours on Gorf?

Top Bottom