• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fire and Lightning Mafia - Game Over!!!

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
I think Gord was my scum read. I didn't like Brosuke, either.

I don't remember anything that hipster did, while I remember liking you vs Ryker.
But in your most recent post wrt my alignment you admitted that you realized I wasn't backing up most of my stances and that you perhaps chose wrong in Ryker v Kuz. This would lead me to believe that perhaps your read shifted.

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
Unvote; Vote: July

Seriously. Just re-read. Girl's scum. I would place a large portion of my reputation on it.

Hipster Samurai

Smash Rookie
If that's Sworddancer then you know my views on my own involvement in D1. That should answer that for you.
Tbh I don't remember them, but I'll just assume that you'll implying that you don't like playing in Day 1.

Yes this is Sworddancer, Gheb's probably asleep right now.

Still though, that doesn't really answer my question. What I want to know is rather or not you did that, in this game, with the plan of seeing how others reacted, or if you just played liked just because, and only noticed what you could take out of it afterwards.

This isn't really an important question as it is more of something that I'm simply curious of.

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
Do you think someone of my experience, knowing that he was potentially on the chopping block, would intentionally give reads devoid of all reasoning for extended periods of time without a reason for doing so.

Yes. I intentionally kept my cards close to my chest to see how other discussion would play out if I wasn't a part of it.

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
Joey, vote July for me. Whether it be because you think I'm town or you just want to be a bro, trust me on this.

Hipster Samurai

Smash Rookie
Joey, if you genuinely want to be useful, then vote July. Kuzi's 459 actually makes a really good point against her. 80% of her game has been spent attacking a slot (ours) that could of easily been killed off anyways without a lynch. Reeks of attacking a safe target. Not only that, but (and this is the best point against her) she ignored Kuzi's jump on her which completely lacked substance. Again, it reeks of safe play.

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
Maintained her fabricated town read on me despite my unsubstantiated jump on her which townJuly would never have ignored.*

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Really wish Brosuke would stop tunneling off weak **** and start playing the game.

Still don't like the whole Circus is Obv town at the time of him making 5 posts, none of them substantial.

Dislike Circus even more as soon as he hopped on the back of Brosuke to try and get an easy lynch and hasn't made any solid reads that don't reek of OMGUS.

July vs Hip like Hip more

Hip vs Kuz Kuz is our better option to uncap.

Gord and Circus, we could kill them both.

Joey also a good lynch today.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
But in your most recent post wrt my alignment you admitted that you realized I wasn't backing up most of my stances and that you perhaps chose wrong in Ryker v Kuz. This would lead me to believe that perhaps your read shifted.
I don't remember that. I'll look back for it when I wake up tomorrow. Too tired right now to read through the whole thread for it XD.

Hipster Samurai

Smash Rookie
Do you think someone of my experience, knowing that he was potentially on the chopping block, would intentionally give reads devoid of all reasoning for extended periods of time without a reason for doing so.

Yes. I intentionally kept my cards close to my chest to see how other discussion would play out if I wasn't a part of it.
kk, no need to be hostile. I know you have a busy life, so I just wanted to see if you had a plan or if you were half-***ing stuff due to time constraints, and only noticed stuff after the fact.

Maintained her fabricated town read on me despite my unsubstantiated jump on her which townJuly would never have ignored.*
Oh true? July contained a town read in her most recent post while ignoring your push on her. Even better.

Both incap targets working together. What a world.
If I die then at least July can die to. Personally you have to die just because it's better you than me, but at the very least we might be able to get a July lynch out of this. Plus I know no matter what, you're being genuine with your scumhunting since both scum fractions have incentive to legit scumhunt.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Hipster said:
If I die then at least July can die to. Personally you have to die just because it's better you than me, but at the very least we might be able to get a July lynch out of this. Plus I know no matter what, you're being genuine with your scumhunting since both scum fractions have incentive to legit scumhunt.
Also not to try and swing a lynch off of July/Joey whom either one of them I'd be fine with dying tonight but another thing that rubs me the wrong way on a lot of the way Brosuke has played the game is that he's putting a lot of stock into motives of people as if there is only one scum faction...

The whole "fake distancing" excuse is weird to me when any player who knows this game at all should realize that the scum are going to be legitimately scum hunting as well because the enemy faction in this game poses just as much threat to them as town.

Hipster Samurai

Smash Rookie
Kuzi, relevant questions: What's your read on Ryker and why didn't you like KevinM prior to his Circus vote?

KevinM I'm pretty certain July has three votes on her but okay.

Also Kuzi ;et me get to some other posts you made against me in a second.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
Oh @ my post saying that you weren't backing up things.

I still liked your logic though so it's k.

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
No intention of being hostile. I was just being curt.

Even better indeed.

Yeah well that comes with this type of game. Again, understandable viewpoint, but that should be obvious so no need to express it.

@Kevmo: July has three votes. 7 to lynch.

@Joey: Kay.

Hipster Samurai

Smash Rookie
Yeah well that comes with this type of game. Again, understandable viewpoint, but that should be obvious so no need to express it.
Heh, you might be surprised. Especially about the point of both scum fractions having incentive to legit scumhunt, I'm not too sure people realize this, so it doesn't hurt to bring it up.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352

It is day 1.3 Vote Count (7/13) Deadline is December 13th 11:59PM CST

1. th3kuzinator [0]
2. brosuke [1] Gorf,
3. Raziek [0]
4. Ryker [0]
5. Dooms [2] Rajam, Dark Horse,
6. Gorf [1] Ryker,
7. KevinM [2] Brosuke, Circus,
8. Hipster Samurai (Sworddancer/Gheb_01) [0]
9. July [3] Hipster Samurai, th3kuzinator, Dooms,
10. Rajam [0]
11. Circus [2] KevinM, Soupamario,
12. Dark_Horse [0]
13. Soupamario [0]

Not Voting: Raziek, July,

~

Incap count (most votes)

Th3Kuzinator [6] July, KevinM, Gorf, Circus, th3kuzinator, Dooms,
Hipster Samurai [5] Dark Horse, Hipster Samurai, Ryker, Brosuke, Soupamario,

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
Kuzi, relevant questions: What's your read on Ryker and why didn't you like KevinM prior to his Circus vote?

KevinM I'm pretty certain July has three votes on her but okay.

Also Kuzi ;et me get to some other posts you made against me in a second.
I didn't like KevinM's entry and his attack on Xonar. At all. I agreed with Ryker he was sidelining a null tell and keeping his feet out of important matters. Upon a re-read it was jut that that bugged me, really, and I kind of agree with Gorf that he's noticed some things that I don't think scum would want to bring up. I also didn't really like his vote on Circus but thats a side note. I do like some of his recent posts and all in all I'm probably dead null on him as of now. There have been things that I really disliked but little bits and pieces that have redeemed him. Deadline acceptable lynch but not something I would push for.

And, yes, I'm formally announcing this now since its going to come as a shock to so many of you: Ryker is scum. Like I'm not even kind of sure, I'm dead sure. He's directly under July in terms of scuminess but I find the July lynch to be a more realistic lynch and equally likely to flip scum.

I actually wasn't planning to reveal this toDay since I wanted to survive through the Night and get him toMorrow, but I fear both scum might incap me toNight when July flips scum which would be bad.

So, yes, in the event that I get killed and Ryker is still alive, I'm expecting some capable townie to get that done for me. Gorf, I'm directly looking at you.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629

It is day 1.3 Vote Count (7/13) Deadline is December 13th 11:59PM CST

1. th3kuzinator [0]
2. brosuke [2] Gorf,
3. Raziek [0]
4. Ryker [0]
5. Dooms [2] Rajam, Dark Horse,
6. Gorf [1] Ryker,
7. KevinM [2] Brosuke, Circus,
8. Hipster Samurai (Sworddancer/Gheb_01) [0]
9. July [2] Hipster Samurai, th3kuzinator, Dooms,
10. Rajam [0]
11. Circus [2] KevinM, Soupamario,
12. Dark_Horse [0]
13. Soupamario [0]

~

Incap count (most votes)

Th3Kuzinator [4] July, KevinM, Gorf, Circus, th3kuzinator, Dooms,
Hipster Samurai [5] Dark Horse, Hipster Samurai, Ryker, Brosuke, Soupamario,

Is this vote count correct?

Hipster Samurai

Smash Rookie
I have not force interpreted anything. You 12 was scummy in that you said "you should deffo incap us, not Kuz :glare:" which, yeah, is light-hearted discussion, but it also show you're thinking about your survival. I came into this day trying to find scum with my survival as a second priority. As scum that's pretty much all you would be worried about while as town you would have less reason to even bring the issue up. This isn't condemning in itself because I myself want to survive as well, as any townie would want to vs. an unknown quantity in this situation. However, the fact that you even felt the need to bring it up in the first place combined with your re-statement of this obvious concept in 105 and your reaching post on July set off red flags which warranted my vote on your slot.
The 12 is a pretty weak point and I wouldn't even think it's worth holding onto at this point. I can see it as RVS worth suspicion, but it's not worth more than that.

The jump onto July was Gheb's doing so it's harder to defend. Gheb himself admitted to me on Skype that he thought it might of been a little overcooked, but he still didn't like her nevertheless. I wasn't sold on it at all at first but with July's counter vote and Gheb's 224 I became more convinced.

Tbph I can't really defend my partner with much more than meta. Gheb himself is just the kind of a player who bases his reads around how others interact with him, which is what he's been doing this game. To some that might come off as super defensive/OMGUS/fakish or whatever, but that's honestly just Gheb method of scumhunting. Nothing more to it.

That paragraph so be an answer to several other posts made against us. Hop Gheb doesn't kill me for that.

Anyways though, Kuzi, there's actually some other posts that I had in mind that I want to bring up where I thought you were being "unfair." I'll quote them after this post.

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
Don't even bother. I came to a realization a little while ago and I think I understand where I went wrong in reading your slot.

While you're here talk to me about other scum than July. I want your insight on other things before we end the Day.

Hipster Samurai

Smash Rookie
Ryker could be scum. He leans a null-scum for me. I can't say I'm as confident as you, but his Gorf suspicion is pretty bad, and as Gheb said to me he's either scum or he's right, and that's something I have to agree with. The thing is is that I don't believe he's right. At least not with Gord, and that in itself worries me right there, as it reads TvS for me.

Joey coooooouuuuullllllld be scum, but his recent interactions look way to calm and relaxed for what I'll imagine (imagine is a key word here) he'll play scum as. If he's scum then he's being pretty honest right. I acknowledge that he played a "honest" scum game in Melee mafia as the traitor. His sideline commentary with wishy washy stances earlier is not forgiven for. He's not a bad lynch, but he's an unremarkable one.

Finally, KevinM, solely because I remember catching something that might of been a connection between him and July. I'll have to dig it up because I can't remember where it was, but it's there. This is all assuming though that July is scum, otherwise I'll have KevinM as a lean town read.

Hipster Samurai

Smash Rookie
Oh and there's something about you in there to but eh, now that you're admitting that you misreed me there isn't really anything left, since my case involved you unfairly misreading me. Question is put into your motive though due to timing, admitting that I was misreed this close to deadline is a bit sketchy. Eh though, it's WIFOM so I won't pursue it beyond this post.

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
Why Ryker is Scum:

- Comes into the game just trying to play up his reputation and control town. Town Ryker will do this, yes, but he usually has some sort of purpose for doing so. This being to push a particular lynch or to save someone from one. In this instance it was literally him just trying to draw attention to himself with useless ultimatums.

- In an attempt to produce content, asks random questions that he never follows up on. If Ryker truly wanted to get the game moving he would have some goal in mind. Here, he literally was just spewing whatever came to mind to make it look like he was playing pro-town. I think it was KevM that said that he was trying to equate post count to town status, and that's something I heavily agree with.

- I agree with Gheb and KevM that his pushes have been bad and his play is merely to present you with an appearance of actively scumhunting while, in reality, he has done nothing.

- I also agree with Circus that his comments coming into the phase about him being surprised that he wasn't incapped were odd. He would have had no reason to say that as town and it did indeed look like him trying to spin a null tell as a town one which was very off.

-Makes a completely atrocious case against Gorf that relies on meta more than anything else. Something so bad and illogical that I simply can't see townRyker making it. After he tries to "persuade" others onto that lynch he leaves with a "we out." Doesn't come back to push the Gorf lynch for all he's worth. This is a scumtell. When Ryker pushes players in such a fashion he will keep pressure up until his target his dead or his targets says something that warrants his unvote.

In this situation his vote is still on Gorf and is useless. He's not doing anything to push Gorf nor is he doing anything to feel out his alignment. He's happy sitting on a wagon that's going nowhere with a bad case. TownRyker would never do this. Ever.

"Oh but Kuz, Ryker is V/LA! We can't judge him for not doing anything!"

Bull**** we can't. As soon as the initial Gorf push subsided he has literally just sat there an commented on non-important material. This all being before he was swamped with whatever he was swamped with. He is just poking at random things in the thread without pushing his vehement scumpick at all. Again, he's happy to let his vote sit on someone who's going nowhere, IE, he's happy to end this day with town not doing what he wants.

This isn't townRyker.

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
Now there's no excuse of no-one getting the Ryker lynch through upon my death. I can rest easy for a bit haha.

Hipster Samurai

Smash Rookie
Actually ****, I'm looking for this connection that I remember originally as an after thought in my mind, but I have a final on Tuesday that I really should be studying for, and I can't even remember who made this connection/how strong it was. I should really be doing that right now then this, so yeah, sorry guys, I'm out for the night.

Haven't reed Kuzi's post yet, doing it now.

Hipster Samurai

Smash Rookie
Rajam null. He's taking too long to catch up to be posting as little as he does, which is slightly bad. Only slightly because I acknowledge Circus's meta on Rajam. Case on Joey is understandable.

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
Man why didn't I realize you were town earlier, everything you say lines up with my thoughts as well.

Gheb's presence definitely threw me off.

Top Bottom