• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fire and Lightning Mafia 3: New Mods vs Old Mods! - Game Over New Mods win!

D

Deleted member

Day ends of a lynch gets a majority 7/13 in this case.

Whomever has the most at end of day will be lynched.

When the lynch or deadline is reached whomever has more uncap votes will live. The other shall die.
What happens if there's a tie between capped players?

Toxic Behaviour

Smash Cadet
NNID
☣ ☠ ☢ ☣ ☢ ☠ ☣
Thats tempting :foe!:
Might i ask, how so? Shish already stated that the chances that BOTH Pokechu and i are scum are near negligible, so in what world does it benefit you to take out both of us, knowing very-well consciously that a minimum of one of us is town? neither of us is a guaranteed scum, so wanting both capped players out is highly illogical.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Might i ask, how so? Shish already stated that the chances that BOTH Pokechu and i are scum are near negligible, so in what world does it benefit you to take out both of us, knowing very-well consciously that a minimum of one of us is town? neither of us is a guaranteed scum, so wanting both capped players out is highly illogical.
Its a joke and I voted already

D

Deleted member

Well yes, but the chances of both Utopian, Kary AND Toxic Behaviour being scum is incredibly high so I say we go for it!

Lady von Whippingberg

Foolish fools!
The fact that you immediately pushed for Pokechu to be incapped combined with this latching onto a clear joke is kinda weird.

I get that you don't want to die D1, no one does. It's why the first behavior is understandable. But why dive in against this joke here?

D

Deleted member

The fact that you immediately pushed for Pokechu to be incapped combined with this latching onto a clear joke is kinda weird.

I get that you don't want to die D1, no one does. It's why the first behavior is understandable. But why dive in against this joke here?
I'm with Toxic here. First that obviously no one wants to just die and second that inability to recognize sarcasm is not the same as scummy play.

Lady von Whippingberg

Foolish fools!
in what way is the combination weird?
The best way to put it is that it's weirdly defensive. The first bit would make sense in a vacuum; no one wants to die D1 from a N0 action.

But the second bit feels oddly reactive to the clear joke, almost as if it was a defensive move. Combined with the first bit, you're being a bit extra defensive in my eyes. I don't have you as a scum lean or anything like that, but it's enough to make me ask questions.

So why did you go so hard on the joke?

Toxic Behaviour

Smash Cadet
NNID
☣ ☠ ☢ ☣ ☢ ☠ ☣
The best way to put it is that it's weirdly defensive. The first bit would make sense in a vacuum; no one wants to die D1 from a N0 action.

But the second bit feels oddly reactive to the clear joke, almost as if it was a defensive move. Combined with the first bit, you're being a bit extra defensive in my eyes. I don't have you as a scum lean or anything like that, but it's enough to make me ask questions.

So why did you go so hard on the joke?
Yes but if the first part is null, then obviously it is going to 'fit' with any other bit of evidence. The 'combination' is irrelevant.

To answer your question, because I told Poyzin to call out anything that seems fishy. It is RVS after all.

[Poyzin: it was a dumb joke and i was in character.]

Last edited:

Lady von Whippingberg

Foolish fools!
Yes but if the first part is null, then obviously it is going to 'fit' with any other bit of evidence. The 'combination' is irrelevant.

To answer your question, because I told Poyzin to call out anything that seems fishy. It is RVS after all.

[Poyzin: it was a dumb joke and i was in character.]
There we go, my question is answered. Thanks!

I'm actually all for ending RVS as early as possible, since we have decently short Day phases.

Pythag Pythag Yeah now that my question is answered, I'm satisfied on that point.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
I do believe we should keep track of the pair of players capped each phase as unless the two players are both town they are very unlikely to share the same alignment. IE 2 players from scum team 1 aren't very likely to paired together in a phase. It's possible, but it requires scum team 1 to take a big risk and volunteer one of themselves as capped. Even if they go through with the risk to volunteer one of their own, the other scum team would have to pick scum team 1's partner for the same phase. More often than not the pairings would be TvT, TvS1, TvS2, or S1vS2.

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
Uncap : Toxic behavior

Vote : moydow

Zeke has actually posted tho

Nintendofreak

Smash Cadet
Is random lynching better than no lynching in this format? I know the two incaps have a higher chance of town, but one is still getting killed, two deaths seems like a lot

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
its not a lot if you remember that the incaps are the mafia kills, and only one goes through, you see that the number of deaths is the same as a normal game

the actual lynch is the only voice we really have. the incap choice is the mafia nightkill.

D

Deleted member

Is random lynching better than no lynching in this format? I know the two incaps have a higher chance of town, but one is still getting killed, two deaths seems like a lot
TBH its my first time playing with incap, but from my understanding we cannot avoid getting one of the players killed.

Lynching at random is not a very good option but also not lynching seems like a bad idea given that most likely we will remain with little info aside from the uncap player
When an uncap player dies, it will flip with info of which faction they where targeted by.
At least we should try to interrogate suspicious behavior and act on based on our findings. Voting can be used to get info on players.

D

Deleted member

The way I see the uncap mechanic is to try to make the Nightkill "slightly less worse" because it deprives one of the Mafia factions of a kill and still allows the victim to vote for one more day. It doesm't matter much now but we'll start considering "who is less sus" more as the Days go.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
pythag at what point did you realize moydow was one of Lady von Whippingberg

Nintendofreak

Smash Cadet
I’m guessing that means roles are hidden even when they’re killed. I’m still wary about 2 deaths, but I know now I can change my vote later

Vote: No Lynch

And the other uncap hasn’t spoken so I’ll wait for that votw

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
*twitch*

why do you think roles are hidden when killed? i believe it is the opposite

D

Deleted member

I voted for the uncap right now, but I'll wait a bit before casting a vote as I feel we need to wait a bit for the other players to appear. Either way I can change my uncap vote later if there's a side that is getting close to lynching but we don't have enough info yet.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
I don't believe roles are hidden upon flip, nothing suggests that's the case here. The opening post states that the victim of the cap each phase will show which faction targeted them, but says nothing about the flip being hidde.

Nintendofreak

Smash Cadet
My bad, some reveal, some don’t. For some reason I figured the way it was set up made sense for hidden deaths

Lady von Whippingberg

Foolish fools!
It's hilarious tbh.

My bad, some reveal, some don’t. For some reason I figured the way it was set up made sense for hidden deaths
No worries! Lately a lot of streamed games have been not revealing roles after death, which is weird. It just gives Scum too many advantages.

Lady von Whippingberg

Foolish fools!
I do believe we should keep track of the pair of players capped each phase as unless the two players are both town they are very unlikely to share the same alignment. IE 2 players from scum team 1 aren't very likely to paired together in a phase. It's possible, but it requires scum team 1 to take a big risk and volunteer one of themselves as capped. Even if they go through with the risk to volunteer one of their own, the other scum team would have to pick scum team 1's partner for the same phase. More often than not the pairings would be TvT, TvS1, TvS2, or S1vS2.
"each phase"

What makes you believe that this is going to be a reoccurring thing?

Also, why are you diving into the speculation of if Scum volunteered one of their own? Specifically going out of your way to shoot it down?

D

Deleted member

I know I liked this but the whole Hydra thing is also getting me confused constantly

Top Bottom