• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fire and Lightning Mafia 3: New Mods vs Old Mods! - Game Over New Mods win!

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Btw since people asked and it was an oppsie in the OP of the thread.

Full majority on a lynch will end the day but similar to recent games the most votes at the end of day will be lynched. Same tie rules apply.

Toxic Behaviour

Smash Cadet
NNID
☣ ☠ ☢ ☣ ☢ ☠ ☣
We're still voting Zeke for today.

Seems like he's sitting on his hands and is self-conscious in doing so. Spends a lot of time justifying his actions without really accomplishing anything. That's good enough for a Day 1 lynch in my book.

Toxic Behaviour

Smash Cadet
NNID
☣ ☠ ☢ ☣ ☢ ☠ ☣
Also Sky_B Sky_B Do you want to say something or are you just going to be labeled as this game's lurker? I get that you haven't been here since Thursday, but if you're going to play, play.

Are you referring to FE? I just want RVS to exist so I can coast Day 1, miss.

I just wanted to point my finger at someone for a change! Nick always does it in the courtroom...I don't think you are actually buddy buds with FE yet!

Still, I think Von Karma is being constructive about this. Why can't we sit back, eat burgers, and enjoy the cracklings of a whip in the distance?

Lady von Whippingberg

Foolish fools!
Tbh I don't think it's particularly cool of Toxic to go "I'm better than you, therefore I should live." I don't even mean scum/town behavior, I just mean general gameplay.

If you're doing this as part of a "toxic behavior" character, it's going to wear thin quick. Also if it was meant as a joke instead of a serious statement, it was a lame joke.

That being said, Toxic has some valid points about Zeke, and I'd like to see Zeke respond.

Honestly we have some garbage read info for D1, but the incap + lynch flip will add some much needed context. Right now the incap is just a massive pile of WIFOM.

D

Deleted member

Honestly, its my first time with you guys and is also the first time I play with the uncapped rule and hydras. So while I understand Hydras mean a bunch of users, Im unfamiliar with the uncaped stuff and want to be careful due to some things sounding confusing at the moment.

Im kinda passive right now as I still need to read, reread and ponder quite a bit regarding the possibilites given that from my understanding there's two mafia groups and from what I understand the mafia selected the incapped players. The only thing I don't know is if there's a possibility for the mafia to target people of the other group (or if there's some immunity rule) and also if they are aware of the other players alignments in general aside from their own group.

Most of the time I explain myself is in response of some question, just like now.

Last edited by a moderator:

Toxic Behaviour

Smash Cadet
NNID
☣ ☠ ☢ ☣ ☢ ☠ ☣
I'll pay you a million

And one!

Dollars

If you uncap me

;)
This is a lie, I hacked into the mainframe of his bank account and it appears he only has 1 dollar total. You wouldn't uncap a scammer like that now, would you? Uncap me. It's the best option.

I'll give you a nice treat if you do.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Honestly, its my first time with you guys and is also the first time I play with the uncapped rule and hydras. So while I understand Hydras mean a bunch of users, Im unfamiliar with the uncaped stuff and want to be careful due to some things sounding confusing at the moment.

Im kinda passive right now as I still need to read, reread and ponder quite a bit regarding the possibilites given that from my understanding there's two mafia groups and from what I understand the mafia selected the incapped players. The only thing I don't know is if there's a possibility for the mafia to target people of the other group (or if there's some immunity rule) and also if they are aware of the other players alignments in general aside from their own group.

Most of the time I explain myself is in response of some question, just like now.
Red Ryu confirmed that anyone could be capped
Even then it would be weird if mafia aren't able to target the other scum team. As not only would it mean only town can get capped along with the possibility of a self cap, but if say the person a scum team chooses doesn't get capped, they would learn that they are part of the other team. Which would be extremely jank.

Even then it would be weird if mafia aren't able to target the other scum team. As not only would it mean only town can get capped along with the possibility of a self cap, but if say the person a scum team chooses doesn't get capped, they would learn that they are part of the other team. Which would be extremely jank.

Pokechu or Toxic-chan?

Where's your head at regarding today's lyncharino?

Nintendofreak

Smash Cadet
Nintendofreak Nintendofreak Nintendofreak Nintendofreak could you expound more on why you want a NL?
The highest chance we have to lynch is town, but you're right that means we have a chance at getting scum. Because the two capped are most likely not scum, lynching gives us a second option. But being the first day, cop had only 1 chance to use their power, we also have the albeit small chance of targeting the cop. Maybe I'm not seeing the immediate effect of removing someone else with the consequences also at stake.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Pokechu or Toxic-chan?

Where's your head at regarding today's lyncharino?
Not sure at the moment, as neither of them have shown particular reason to get rid of one over the other. Unfortunately, one of them will be leaving, but it's so D1 and no impressions have been made for me to say we would be better off with one or the other,

D

Deleted member

I see, that makes a lot of sense. So basically from my understanding of the posts it would mean that the possible scenarios is that both Pokechu and Toxic are townies (high chance if mafia is choosing randomly and not incapping themselves), only one of them is mafia (medium-low chance which require one of the factions to either get the choice randomly or incapping among themselves) and that both of them are mafia (low chance as it requires both groups getting lucky when choosing random, both groups incapping among themselves or a combination).

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Not sure, I’ll get back to you when I find out.
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
Unofficial vote count as observer:

Wright: 2 (Shishoe, Lady)
Zeke: 1 (Toxic)
Fire: 1 (Tom)
NoLynch: 1 (Nintendofreak)

Unofficial uncap count:

Toxic: 3.5 (Toxic, Shishoe, Nabe, Pokechu[?])
Pokechu: 3 (Giraffe, Lady, Tom)

Last edited:

Lady von Whippingberg

Foolish fools!
The highest chance we have to lynch is town, but you're right that means we have a chance at getting scum. Because the two capped are most likely not scum, lynching gives us a second option. But being the first day, cop had only 1 chance to use their power, we also have the albeit small chance of targeting the cop. Maybe I'm not seeing the immediate effect of removing someone else with the consequences also at stake.
If it helps, I was in your exact mental boat in my first forum game.

Generally speaking, a No Lynch is always a net loss for Town. Lynching means getting a role reveal, which means you then can look at previous player interactions with the Lynched player and get strong reads. To get a No Lynch means no new information besides sometimes a cop result.

In addition, it's the only way Town can gather intel or influence the game, besides cop results. Otherwise, the only role flips we get are the ones mafia wants us to get, with zero chance of getting mafia killed.

It's just not a great move, which is a bit unintuitive at first. Especially with this incap stuff making it more complex.

Going off of my gut here since this is only the start of our trial, I believe I should stick by my client pokechu!
So

Uncap:

Pokechu

While Toxic is likely town going off of statistics, there isn’t much to work with so I’m making a choice and let’s see how this case progresses!

Toxic Behaviour

Smash Cadet
NNID
☣ ☠ ☢ ☣ ☢ ☠ ☣
Going off of my gut here since this is only the start of our trial, I believe I should stick by my client pokechu!
So

Uncap:

Pokechu

While Toxic is likely town going off of statistics, there isn’t much to work with so I’m making a choice and let’s see how this case progresses!
I wholeheartedly believe you to be in the wrong, and that you should probably decide to go on more than just your gut.

Toxic Behaviour

Smash Cadet
NNID
☣ ☠ ☢ ☣ ☢ ☠ ☣
Nintendofreak Nintendofreak

Consider your options. It is much more valuable to you if you keep me around than Pokechu.

Edit: I see you viewing the thread, which is why I ask you in particular. You also have yet to cast an opinion on any player's lynchability, opting for a no lynch. That is understandable, but not following up on it after being called out isn't.

Last edited:

Toxic Behaviour

Smash Cadet
NNID
☣ ☠ ☢ ☣ ☢ ☠ ☣
How much more obvious do I have to make it that I'm the comparison cop and that you all aren't using your little heads? Consistently telling you all to save me? Only reasoning being that Pokechu isn't valuable? Is that all you think there was? And you're all just going to turn a blind eye when your only beneficial role gets capped the first day? Absolutely awful play.

Now, with the time we have, we are going to lynch Zeke. M'kay now?

Toxic Behaviour

Smash Cadet
NNID
☣ ☠ ☢ ☣ ☢ ☠ ☣
Okay so @Zeke The Zekenator popped in after me posting, doesn't say anything, and leaves. Now if that doesn't scream scum than I don't know what does. There is no reason for a townsperson to not protect the only named role in the game.

Toxic Behaviour

Smash Cadet
NNID
☣ ☠ ☢ ☣ ☢ ☠ ☣
Yes I get that I said to lynch them. But they would not have been lynched anyway because the majority is currently on Wright and Co.

Is this an abuse of keeping track of the thread's viewership? No, simply go invisible.

D

Deleted member

Im currently on mobile and just quickly checking the thread, cant make long posts. I am not voting for anyone uncapping right now but frankly the whole kill Zeke/why dont you vote for me stick doesnt give me confidence in voting for you especially since we've yet to see if anyone makes a counterclaim.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
I've reverted the edits for now, and I'll let the host decide what to do here. I agree in principle here, though, it's clearly stated in the game's rules that editing posts isn't allowed, and editing out something like a cop claim is pretty big.

D

Deleted member

I've reverted the edits for now, and I'll let the host decide what to do here. I agree in principle here, though, it's clearly stated in the game's rules that editing posts isn't allowed, and editing out something like a cop claim is pretty big.
I have edited a few posts of mine IRC, thought the rules were the same as other parts of the forum. Just added comments or corrected small things though but wont do it again.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
I'm not saying I was in the right.

I'm also abstaining from commenting on any previous events.
I'd much rather let the mod handle this here. I bear no ill will to you as a person (assuming it was you and not Kary. If it was Kary, same to them.) and would like to keep it that way.

Screenshot posting to show the edit changes is more than reasonable, though, and I don't particularly appreciate the "you broke the rules too" comment here.

Either way, it's in Red Ryu's hands.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Quick double post to clarify a small detail, since there was confusion during a different scenario in a different game.

I didn't use mod powers to view the edits, and I do not even have mod powers in this subforum. I caught it happening live when I swapped browsers to post as Lady but saw the post was edited out.

Top Bottom