• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fire and Lightning Mafia 3: New Mods vs Old Mods! - Game Over New Mods win!

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
Hmmm. I'm not sure who to pick between Toxic-chan and Pokechu.

Ehmm. Hrm. Uhm.

Which one of you is a bad guy?! Which one will pay more for me to uncap you?! >:^)
Tbh I don't think it's particularly cool of Toxic to go "I'm better than you, therefore I should live." I don't even mean scum/town behavior, I just mean general gameplay.

If you're doing this as part of a "toxic behavior" character, it's going to wear thin quick. Also if it was meant as a joke instead of a serious statement, it was a lame joke.

That being said, Toxic has some valid points about Zeke, and I'd like to see Zeke respond.

Honestly we have some garbage read info for D1, but the incap + lynch flip will add some much needed context. Right now the incap is just a massive pile of WIFOM.
This attitude is no good. Scum has no way to kill Toxic outright, unless both factions incap Toxic, in which case it's the same result as letting the D1 incap go through -- the slot flips and we get to the same place. If one of two factions, or zero factions, target Toxic, then we get at least a result claim prior to death. Scum will not necessarily jump right to killing Toxic. Saying to not keep Toxic over Pokechu after the claim is very questionable.

#HBC | Nabe

I have not spoken to my other half here on this, but I personally am fine with keeping my uncap on Pokechu and voting for someone besides Toxic to lynch.

I do not believe in giving Toxic a free pass just because they are a Cop.

However, I am open to rethinking that if the offending half of Toxic (whichever it was) drops and allows the other player to continue un-hydra'd.
Un-retracting half of my retraction.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
that should both answer LVW's question as much as necessary and also tell anyone who still can to uncap toxic

i do not understand fireemblemier's uncap of pokechu, nor shish's. i understand zeke's as zeke has been in toxic's sights d1.

Lady von Whippingberg

Foolish fools!
Kary's attitude against me wanting a mod kill for a ridiculous rule break is awful, and it reeks of "omg I'm the cop" entitlement.

If we are going to let people slide just because they are a power role, then I'm posting ****ing screenshots of role pm next time I have a PR. (I'm not going to, I'm exaggerating)

I also clearly said that "if the player at fault drops from the hydra, then I'm cool with it re: the rules" but whatever.

i really do not think it can be best to let the cop die
The cop is dying whether they die today or toNight. We have no doctor or protective role. The choice is between 2 dead going into D3 (with two in caps again) or 3 incaps.

It's a ****ty situation, but it's how the game logic is going right now.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
no

you are basically saying the town should lynch the claimed cop over a probable-townie
you are also basically saying that the town should do the mafia's job

#HBC | Nabe

Sus Shish for the same reasons. Maybe there's a difference in playstyles re: NZone, but saving Chu over Toxic is bananas.

I’m going to go ahead and uncap: Toxic in the hopes that one of the mafia factions is silly enough to not target them tonight, a good chunk of people have posted since they claimed and there’s been no counter claim so I think they’re telling the truth.

Also Vote: Zeke in the effort to avoid an alpha on our cop.
Pinned for toMorrow.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
@nabe: from my perspective, pythag is town because i am town and the cop said we're same alignment. did you take this into account in your post 331?

#HBC | Nabe

Basically, if we have Toxic die from being capped we don't get a the Capping mechanic tomorrow. If Pokechu dies from the cap then Toxic will most likely die from being chosen by both scum teams. Is it more beneficial for town to have the capping mechanic tomorrow or only have to worry about a lynch? Personally, I think having the capping mechanic is a little more important as it allows us to draw more connections based on who is chosen by the scum teams.
No. That's two scum NKs for free, even if it works out how you think.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Honestly if you're a cop, I dont understand why you went so hard after me. Dunno if it was the joke or an explanation that I made that was not satisfactory.
it's better to lynch someone than not. you happen to be someone.

Kary's attitude against me wanting a mod kill for a ridiculous rule break is awful, and it reeks of "omg I'm the cop" entitlement.
I find it hard to picture a world where you're town and you really want your life to be made more difficult because of someone else's mistake.

My sense of entitlement has nothing to do with my role, but thanks.

Lady von Whippingberg

Foolish fools!
no

you are basically saying the town should lynch the claimed cop over a probable-townie
you are also basically saying that the town should do the mafia's job
I'm saying we should incap the claimed cop over a probable Townie, not lynch. I don't understand your "doing the mafia's job" point, especially with the logic already presented.

I find it hard to picture a world where you're town and you really want your life to be made more difficult because of someone else's mistake.

My sense of entitlement has nothing to do with my role, but thanks.
Nah I just want the rules to actually be respected and to not have miserable games.

I'm not sure if we should spell it out any further than it has been spelled out? It shouldn't have been spelled out in the first place; it takes two to tango.

Some of the responses to the incap target have me bamboozled.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I’m going to go ahead and uncap: Toxic in the hopes that one of the mafia factions is silly enough to not target them tonight, a good chunk of people have posted since they claimed and there’s been no counter claim so I think they’re telling the truth.

Zeke was hammered as of this post.

Pokechu had majority to live and will be uncapped.

Vote Count:
(1) Pokechu: Shish
(1) Lady von whippingberg: Fire Emblemier,
(2) Wright & Co. Law Offices: Lady von whippingberg, Shish
(1) Fire Emblemier: Tom
(7) Zeke the Zekenator: Toxic Behavior, Mod, Mod, Nabe, Wright & Co. Law Offices , Shish,
(1) No Lynch: Nintendo Freak
4 Toxic Bahavior: Mod, Mod, Mod, Mod
(1) Sky_B: Zeke the Zekenator

Uncap count:
(4) Toxic: Toxic Behavior. Nabe, Wright & Co. Law Offices, giraffelasergun
(4)Pokechu: Lady von whippingberg, Tom, Pokechu, Shish,

Flips imcoming

Last edited:

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Zeke was hammered as of this post.

Pokechu had majority to live and will be uncapped.

Vote Count:
(1) Pokechu: Shish
(1) Lady von whippingberg: Fire Emblemier,
(2) Wright & Co. Law Offices: Lady von whippingberg, Shish
(1) Fire Emblemier: Tom
(7) Zeke the Zekenator: Toxic Behavior, Mod, Mod, Nabe, Wright & Co. Law Offices , Shish,
(1) No Lynch: Nintendo Freak
4 Toxic Bahavior: Mod, Mod, Mod, Mod
(1) Sky_B: Zeke the Zekenator

Uncap count:
(4) Toxic: Toxic Behavior. Nabe, Wright & Co. Law Offices, giraffelasergun
(5)Pokechu: Giraffelazergun, Lady von whippingberg, Tom, Pokechu, Shish,

Flips imcoming
Wait, Ryu. Giraffe is counted twice for both uncaps.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
Shhhh guys just let me live I'M THE PROM QUEEN

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Zeke was minding his own business when town decided he must be a mod in disguise.

Unfortunately it seems town was misguided and got the wrong guy.

Zeke the Zekenator has been lynched and flipped Vanilla Townie.

Town also decided to save Pokechu with their resources, unfortunately Toxic Behavior was not able to be saved.

Toxic Behavior did not survive and is revealed to be the Town Comparison cop, they were targeted by the New Mafia.

Deadline for actions is 5/6 2:01pm CST

I will open the thread at 8pm cst tomorrow as it is when I have access to a computer and not my phone.

Last edited:

#HBC | Nabe

Vote: Shish

The fact that scum was able to use their incap instead of wasting it on Toxic is due to Whip and Shish uncapping Chu. Fire supporting the Chu uncap was also a bad move from a townie. Shish is only more suspicious than FE and Whip because Shish uncapped Chu and hammered Zeke.

I don't much like Maya (208, 247) who seems intent on giving Whip credit for a series of posts that I'm not discrediting. This wouldn't entirely bother me from Z25, but 206 and 212 make 208 a post by Bard. Is Bard posting the weirdest needless defense of scummate Whip? Probably not. But it's weird reading.

I responded to you already. I just didn't (still don't) get the intent behind your post tbh. I'll work with you this phase though 'cause butting heads is pointless when we both know there are more important things to address.

Why Shish over GLG who hammered? You think GLG just wasn't paying attention?

#HBC | Nabe

Did a coordinated scum effort seem likely? Granted, the cop was already dead by the time you made this post, so maybe it happened.

Top Bottom