• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fire and Lightning 2: DC Comics vs Pokemon Conquest Game over DC Comics Wins!

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
I'm gonna go ahead and tell you're an idiot for reading the game backwards. I hadn't investigated vult yet but you would have realized that if you just used your brain

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
By that I mean he was clear d3 when I didn't say a ****ing thing about wanting to lynch him

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
But yeah let's go ahead and use something I said on d2 to override something I said on d3

Makes perfect ****ing sense

you mean after using language that looked like crumbs with potato/raz and then myself/gorf?

you could have JUST ****ing said "here are my investigations" instead of assuming we can read your mind. the other posts i pointed out looked like crumbs

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
First game ever as a baddie....literally didn't know what to do so I kinda feel bad that it seemed like I coasted.

Raz really laid out all the info I could ever need. All credit to him lol.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
damn my bad guys

im fine with getting **** for making the wrong decision but not for the misinterpretation of the crumbs

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247

Great job Scary for staying far enough under the radar after I went down. Was a pleasure teaming with you.

Full comments from me later tomorrow.

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
damn my bad guys

im fine with getting **** for making the wrong decision but not for the misinterpretation of the crumbs
dude that's still your ****ing fault and shouldn't have ****ing happened

look, in your own ****ing words

you mean after using language that looked like crumbs with potato/raz and then myself/gorf?

you could have JUST ****ing said "here are my investigations" instead of assuming we can read your mind. the other posts i pointed out looked like crumbs
this is what you thought

so that means 1 investigation is still left

so that ****ing means that there was still a night where vult was investigated and that's why i left a ****ing obvious crumb that said he was ****ing clear

i don't know where you get off calling other people incompetent when you pull **** like this

but yeah whatever, just continue being wrong or saying it's my fault or whatever it is you ****ing do

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
dude that's still your ****ing fault and shouldn't have ****ing happened

look, in your own ****ing words

this is what you thought

so that means 1 investigation is still left

so that ****ing means that there was still a night where vult was investigated and that's why i left a ****ing obvious crumb that said he was ****ing clear

i don't know where you get off calling other people incompetent when you pull **** like this

but yeah whatever, just continue being wrong or saying it's my fault or whatever it is you ****ing do
i had you investigating potato/raz n1 with me/gorf n2 leaving me with n0. i do NOT think i was wrong to think that literally the words of

"by compare and contrast x is likelier scum than y"

by a comparison cop was a crumb especially when it explained your play for the entirety of two dayphases. and im more than ok sitting here telling that you shouldve claimed d3. you shouldve claimed d3. me and ryker told you that **** then JUST to prevent town being deprived of investigations but you instead opted to let yourself get killed with crumbs and language that were open to interpretation

Handorin

Smash Hero
First game ever as a baddie....literally didn't know what to do so I kinda feel bad that it seemed like I coasted.

Raz really laid out all the info I could ever need. All credit to him lol.
Mm, not entirely. I think you did fine (from what I read, anyway). I had you pegged though. I point some stuff out from end game later when I have more time.
I had 3 of the 4 mafia pegged before I died.

But I wasn't active enough to do anything. Nor persuasive
Or useful.

Last edited:

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Mm, not entirely. I think you did fine (from what I read, anyway). I had you pegged though. I point some stuff out from end game later when I have more time.
I had 3 of the 4 mafia pegged before I died.
That's kiddie stuff. I've pegged Gorf as scum before the game even started :smirk:

:059:

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
damn my bad guys

How about for misinterpretation of me? I IMMEDIATELY backed off when I saw that and I made it crystal clear I wasn't pushing Vult at any point?

Gargaglione

Smash Lord
I'm glad that despite our differing alignments, true love pulled through, and Gorf ended up working with my team.

Love is a powerful thing.

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
How about for misinterpretation of me? I IMMEDIATELY backed off when I saw that and I made it crystal clear I wasn't pushing Vult at any point?
that wasnt the main catalyst behind my push. you know i throw every single thing i can (even null tells andll spin em) to get someone down. see how i treated gorf

Vult Redux

Smash Lord
NNID
Voluero
GOVA you did really well! My only suggestion would maybe to be to agree with start agreeing when people ask the cop to claim even if you don't really want to. That might have made a difference but tbh the scum would have to tel you that/

Scary you did really well too. Err, at least, you did well at flying under my radar. To be honest, I probably couldn't tell you how well you did because you did well at making me not want to look into your slot. <_< If that makes sense.

I forgive you Marshy. You owe me one though.....

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
@ Vult Redux Vult Redux
I got it buddy! I was honestly more concerned at anyone jumping into my slot through the game since I'm already still bad at the whole "articulating my feels" thing. Still need major improvements overall but I'm glad that I was able to be solid at flying under the radar.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
HollowNote - Disappointed you weren't able to stick it out, but I can understand how the game can be a lot to handle. Hope to see you again, perhaps in one of the mini-mafias, which is more well-suited to getting your feet wet.

Vult - We didn't really interact a ****load outside of me petitioning you for your uncap vote. I guess if I had to offer something to work on, your play seemed somewhat..... rigid? It's difficult to offer direct advice, as it was more of a "feel" than anything else.

Handorin - You can brag all you want about how you had 3/4 scum pinned, but you were among the most useless slots in the game due to your inactivity and non-contribution. You were an easy ML to swing, and you saved me, so that "pinning scum" thing doesn't really amount to much.

Gargaglione - Solid play. No real stand-out comments I feel the need to provide.

Make it Rain! - Still not really sure why you guys jumped on me so early for ignoring your stupid question, and the fact that you ended up getting so bogged down in explaining it just made your slot look grimy for attacking mine. When you weren't really going to be doing anything with it, it just seemed like a poor choice...

Marshy - As always, you have a hell of a lot of swing. Thanks for saving my ass, until you and Ryker decided I needed to live, I was toast. Your play was solid and you got the lynches you wanted. You caught Gorf like a boss, but Gova basically ended up banging his head against the table in the Green Room over you lynching someone he called clear. I can understand why you went ahead and lynched Vult anyway, but it ended up being a mistake. *shrug*

Gorf - Thanks for shooting Gova! I've said most of what I wanted to say to you in the Green Room already.

IR - Sorry you didn't get to play, lmao. When Scary and I sat down to discuss the incap, I said in the QT...

Okay, so I'm feeling we probably want to incap Inglorious ******* (Gheb/JTB) or Make it Rain!(Xonar/Washed). Both are strong hydras that we don't really want to deal with, and incapping them while there's no connections to be made on it is a nice benefit.

Runner-ups would be Soup, Potassium?

Let me know what you think.
Incapping you guys was sure to cause a ****-storm either way, but that kinda fizzled a little when you just up and DIED, lol.

Dabuz - Nothing much to say here, I skimmed most of your posts and let your lynch happen. I feel bad that you kinda ended up in that "Damned if you do, damned if you don't" spot.

Soup - Hope your stuff gets sorted out, yo. Sometimes a break can be good for you.

Ryker - Thanks for being my hero! <3

Fandangox - You played very well, stayed Townie in the eyes of most until very late in the game.

Gova - We talked in the Green Room already, but yeah, just remember my comments on trying to be a little more subtle about having the PR. I was able to pick up on it without toooooo much trouble.

Scary - You did well! I was a little worried things might get messy after I went down, but you were reasonably smart about when you chose to distance yourself from me, though I do think someone picked up on you sheeping Marshy, but I can't recall who. You made the right choice to stay out of Marshy's way and not give him a reason to look at you again. Next step for you is transitioning into being a stronger force in the game, rather than just being a background player all the time. That will come with practice.

Potassium - Same ****, different game. Again, a claim situation went down that you reacted to in the moment, and it made things look somewhat grody. Trying to ****-sling me during D2 just gave me ammo to be like "Look at this guy, he's just trying to twist my words", which both Ryker and Marshy used to drum up uncap votes for me. Just.... start filtering your posts. Rather than just typing out the first thing you think and hitting post, take a moment to think, "What is this gonna look like to everyone else?", and you won't run into those problems as much.

Red Ruy - Thanks as always for hosting!

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Im always scum.
Except when you're town.

@ #HBC | Scary #HBC | Scary :

Focus on sheep > dog transition. Work on being independent and finding your own leads and suspicions, and doing that work. I think it's going to be experimentation from now on and you may or may not get lynched for it. (Seeing your personality, I don't think that may be the case since you seem pretty cool and chillax)

Last edited:

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
that wasnt the main catalyst behind my push. you know i throw every single thing i can (even null tells andll spin em) to get someone down. see how i treated gorf
I figured that was the idea. I reread the game because I couldn't fathom a reason I'd be night killed. The way you needed to look at it was the fact that I was the only one who openly had Scary on a ****list.

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
Marshy - As always, you have a hell of a lot of swing. Thanks for saving my ***, until you and Ryker decided I needed to live, I was toast. Your play was solid and you got the lynches you wanted. You caught Gorf like a boss, but Gova basically ended up banging his head against the table in the Green Room over you lynching someone he called clear. I can understand why you went ahead and lynched Vult anyway, but it ended up being a mistake. *shrug*
i did? last i checked it took me 3 ****ing phases to get gorf which was the ONLY lynch i wanted all game besides vult. i know you were scum but i still dont agree that your lynch shouldve been prioritized

i hated replacing in for toad. i thought they were scummy as **** and deserved to die (this is part of the reason i initially liked gova/ryker when i was reading through the game. their pressure was warranted) and felt like it was an uphill battle recovering from their bull****. this may in fact just be due to catching heat and making me look worse than gorf who i just couldnt get town to pull the trigger til much later than SHOULD have happened. i chalk this up due to unfamiliarity with the playerlist as in some being uncomfortable with my style as opposed to gorf who knows how to be a people pleaser as scum. i was dumbfounded at some of the **** he was doing under towns nose and think he played the best game

@ Vult Redux Vult Redux

lol thanks ill remember that. you officially have an iou from me. i dont actually think youre an idiot i was just scrambling to scare/shock you off of voting me. believe me i did not want to pull that gambit to give gorf the game but it was a hail mary play

Kantrip

Kantplay
@ Raziek Raziek

but taking time to think how posts will look to others is what scum does :c

seriously though I should probably just start pretending I'm scum when I'm town and people will stop scumreading me

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
@ Raziek Raziek

seriously though I should probably just start pretending I'm scum when I'm town and people will stop scumreading me
While true, it's also how you avoid saying really scummy **** and putting your foot in your mouth.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
I guess the key difference I want to get across is that I don't mean you should SCRIPT your posts, per se.

Just.... filter them. Before you post, go, "Is this really a good idea?"

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
@ Raziek Raziek

Are you ****ing ********? Taking time to think how posts will look to others is how town avoids getting mislynched. It's how town traps scum into stepping into the open. It's how town convinces others to lynch their scum picks. It's how normal people avoid saying something stupid and keeping themselves from getting laid that night. Letme ask you Kantrip, do you wanna get laid, or do you want to go home with blue balls?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
@ Raziek Raziek

Doing it without thinking can come out natural, but it's also easy for scum to twist what you say to be scummy (especially if it's something dumb that just came out of your mouth impulsively) So why give scum the fuel? :p

Especially me, the guy who asks too many questions. I have to constantly think "Is this an important question to ask?" It's hard.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I should probably just start pretending I'm scum when I'm town and people will stop scumreading me
You've got it all backwards. People don't scumread you because they misread your oh-so townie play. They scumread you because it already *does* look like you're pretending to be scum for the sake of being hard to read. Why do you think you were lynched on Day 1 in MMU mafia and left for dead in this game on Day 2? Certainly not because *they* can't tell apart your scummy play from townie play - it's because *your play* always begs the question how a townie could seriously play the way you do. People draw the entirely correct conclusion that you either must be scum or that it's better to get rid of you sooner rather than later. Your post implies that that's not your fault. It is.

For some reason, it has become a trend on dGames recently to adjust one's town play to their scum play. Gorf does it, Rake does it and you do it too. It might be easier for some people to play that way because they feel a bit more comfortable as scum but it also prevents them from making any major steps toward solid townie play. All the good dGame players have done it the other way round - they eventually became good at hunting scum and convincing people. *Then* they adjusted their scum play to their town play and became truly hard to read. You're far away from that level. I never see you legit find scum, let alone manage to convince people. You may have done it as a hydra in some games but many times you won't even get to that point as a solo-slot because people realize it's better to not keep you around. If you want people to read you as town, you should learn how to play a a townie. You're quite on the wrong track if you think things will get better when you play even scummier than you already do.

:059:

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
Serious post:

It's not necessarily town's fault for misreading you, you gotta be readable as town. People don't NEED everything you're thinking on the table at all times, especially if they're small tidbits. That ****s annoying to follow and awkward to read. There are things that are necessary to say and things that are necessary to develop. Think about that every time you post, and filter the dumb :)

Kantrip

Kantplay
I feel like being easy to read as town goes hand in hand with not filtering your posts, because if you filter posts it looks put-on and fake.

Also I was kind of joking with my post before, but I appreciate the advice nonetheless

Kantrip

Kantplay
Also Gheb whenever I have hydra'd it has been me doing all the work anyways. And I have caught scum before while town on numerous occasions.

Top Bottom