• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fire and Lightning 2: DC Comics vs Pokemon Conquest Game over DC Comics Wins!

Vult Redux

Smash Lord
NNID
Voluero
dude

what about ryker? he has wanted gorf all d2 as well and hes not the type to bull**** a read out his *** (ok maybe sometimes. but not the way he did yesterday) so have you considered that?
no, you are right. he falls under the same pressure as you. It's just that your slot has been more salient to me and I forget about him.

i want you to ask yourself "why would ryker fake a read on an active slot as opposed to just going for the easy wagons yesterday" and i think the answerll be clear. its cuz he truly believes gorf to be scum.
that's not true. as scum, having a scumread to focus on that doesn't/won't get lynched is really advantageous because it means you don't have to change up your reads as much as each Day passes.

I would also argue that while Handorin was an easy wagon, gorf wagon isn't really a "hard" wagon to jump on considering he was (is) the wagon of choice for "power players".

Gorf scum. I dislike him trying to set-up impossibilities on the incap and I think the case he brought forward that lead to Dabuz's lynch was complete buns and should not have held enough water to reach a lynch.

Marshy town. I like almost every direction he's pushed, but more importantly, I had developed a town read on MiR based on their willingness to work with me through their scum read and actually try to figure out my alignment.

Vult Redux

Smash Lord
NNID
Voluero
It's not like Fanny was ever evasive about putting his vote anywhere; his main avenue yesterDay was Raz, the guy who was incapped, and he wasn't positive what to do outside of him and Hando/Hollow.
oh come on.

It doesn't matter if he had an opinion on Raz vs Kantrip. That's a separate issue. That fact is, he was noncommittal about his lynch vote if you can't make a lynch decision in a week-long Day Phase, that's a huge red flag. Being active yet noncommittal is how I knew to shoot Indie TBG in Earthbound Mafia. It's a really good tell.

1. no, you are right. he falls under the same pressure as you. It's just that your slot has been more salient to me and I forget about him.

2. that's not true. as scum, having a scumread to focus on that doesn't/won't get lynched is really advantageous because it means you don't have to change up your reads as much as each Day passes.

3. I would also argue that while Handorin was an easy wagon, gorf wagon isn't really a "hard" wagon to jump on considering he was (is) the wagon of choice for "power players".
1. fair enough. you at least agree with me hes not a priority at the moment so whatever

2. dude when has ryker EVER played that like that as scum? i thought you played with him before. as scum hes pretty down to just strongarm lynches and the advantage youre laying out here he hasnt even used. he JUST said he has almost everyone as possible scum. do you REALLY believe he is doing this or is it just a possibility you have in the back of your mind? idgaf if its meta its true

3. please stop toasting gorfs walrus if you are seriously tryna argue gorfs wagon isnt hard. i swear it has gotten to nearly everyone in this thread. the dude has been scumposting since d1 and NO ONE besides me/ryker consider him a priority. it is utterly bat**** insane and i cant believe town players can be so bad as to not see such blatant scum. but moreover this argument makes no sense cuz GORF ONLY GOT HEAT AS SOON AS I REPLACED INTO THE GAME. rykers suspicion of gorf existed (he asked the cop to investigate him on d1) long before i replaced but he didnt do much outside of it cuz his activity was waning. you cant with a straight face tell me there werent PLENTY of slots (you/hando/raz. prolly others but my points clear) thatdve been a million ****ing times easier to sit on and justify. hell even obvtown garg disliked your slot so theres that too

Vult Redux

Smash Lord
NNID
Voluero
all 4 of you need to give your thoughts on marshy's and gorf's alignment with some semblance of reasoning; preferably before that case is made
marshy is null because he's made a lot of town posts but also a lot of scum posts and I'm having a really hard time deciding which one he is. /:

gorf is null-mild scum for reasons outlined in my #2210 (which is really just a rehash if NIM's #2166).

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
3. please stop toasting gorfs walrus if you are seriously tryna argue gorfs wagon isnt hard. i swear it has gotten to nearly everyone in this thread. the dude has been scumposting since d1 and NO ONE besides me/ryker consider him a priority. it is utterly bat**** insane and i cant believe town players can be so bad as to not see such blatant scum. but moreover this argument makes no sense cuz GORF ONLY GOT HEAT AS SOON AS I REPLACED INTO THE GAME. rykers suspicion of gorf existed (he asked the cop to investigate him on d1) long before i replaced but he didnt do much outside of it cuz his activity was waning. you cant with a straight face tell me there werent PLENTY of slots (you/hando/raz. prolly others but my points clear) thatdve been a million ****ing times easier to sit on and justify. hell even obvtown garg disliked your slot so theres that too
yeah pretty sure ryker said it investigate him, you, or kantrip

also

"it is utterly bat**** insane and i cant believe town players can be so bad as to not see such blatant scum"

you say this but you don't even see that raz is obvscum

prolly cuz i got these goggles on and all i see through em is neon lights pointing at gorf scum :p

yo gova you seem to be keen on me being razs partner. do you have any thoughts regarding my alignment were he to flip dabdabs partner?

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
yeah; so now you should stop calling town a bunch of *******; the hypocrisy is astounding

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
it's unlikely that you'll get gorf; especially considering you're probably never going to make that case anyways

Fandangox

Smash Lord
fanny you make your posts in a manner thats a pain in the *** to respond to

read this post like im going quote for quote in your post

fanny i didnt say **** about your play yesterday cuz most of my effort was put towards killing gorf and saving raz. i was arguing A LOT against mother****ers cockblocking the gorf wagon. so excuse me if i could only juggle 5 clubs vs the 10 youre asking about
I find that hard to believe. I don't have a problem with you not making a case on me, I have a prolem with you apparently not having any troubles with my play yesterday since you didn't bring me up when you were mentioning who the possible scum could be. Yet you still made that post where you seem to imply that you totally found my play scummy yesterday, its inconsistent.

sorry, but if anything; kantrip was way more likely to have been cop. if he was the cop he needed some way to get dabuz lynched without counterclaiming and his plan was that.
Disagree. Given he was the reason the wagon on Dabuz fell off after the claim. If Potassium was the cop in that situation he would have already know that Dabuz was lying, i.e that play he made would have made absolutely no sense from that point of view, he could have just kept his vote on without needing to counter claim.

Can I please get a cop claim? Jesus ****, can I get a cop claim. I would absolutely adore a clear on literally any slot at this point in the game. A Marshy clear, a Gova clear, a Gorf clear, a Fanny clear, a Vult clear, or a Raz clear. The only one that doesn't IMMEDIATELY help me a lot is the Scary clear.

@ Gova Gova @ Vult Redux Vult Redux @Gorf @ Fandangox Fandangox
Opinions on cop claim?
I agree with your sentiment that this day is far too important. I think at this point if the Cop compared the right combination of players he should have one scum already at least. I also agree that if we mislynch and the cop gets capped, 3vs3 its very risky.

However the actual cop hasn't claimed yet. I don't know if it is because he is still making up his mind about the claim being a good idea, or because his results haven't helped him pinpoint scum yet, or for whatever reason. Ultimately I think I'd agree with the cop claiming.

@ Vult Redux Vult Redux
@ Fandangox Fandangox
@ #HBC | Ryker #HBC | Ryker
@ScaryLB59

all 4 of you need to give your thoughts on marshy's and gorf's alignment with some semblance of reasoning; preferably before that case is made

this is MANDATORY, and refusal to do this can only be taken to mean that you're scum

this is that important.
I am still townreading Gorf. He was one of the main reasons why Dabuz was caught Day 1, and his reasoning at the beginning of Day 2 about ho of the two incaps was most likely to flip town was logical and made sense despite not beign entirely founded on the player's reads.

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
Disagree. Given he was the reason the wagon on Dabuz fell off after the claim. If Potassium was the cop in that situation he would have already know that Dabuz was lying, i.e that play he made would have made absolutely no sense from that point of view, he could have just kept his vote on without needing to counter claim.
well; you and vult would both be wrong then; but this is irrelevant now

@ScaryLB59

hurry it up

Fandangox

Smash Lord
On marshy, I didn't have any major problems with MiR on day 1. After the replacement I didn't like how Marshy just comes in without apparently reading and decides gorf is scum, worse is that he doesn't even elaborate properly as to why. I don't like that he also apparently found my read obviously scummy yesterday, yet he didn't bring it up that phase. I am not entirely sure on the slot on the moment, I want to see hat his case on Gorf looks like.

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
no; there's no wait and see; you need to take a stance on him now

i.e of gorf and marshy who do you think is more likely to flip scum and why

I am still townreading Gorf. He was one of the main reasons why Dabuz was caught Day 1, and his reasoning at the beginning of Day 2 about ho of the two incaps was most likely to flip town was logical and made sense despite not beign entirely founded on the player's reads.
how does this lend itself to a townread? where are you making the distinction between townie gorf and scumgorf scumhunting?

you have gorf as town and raz as scum. where does the rest of the cast stand?

any thoughts on fanny vs vult?

I find that hard to believe. I don't have a problem with you not making a case on me, I have a prolem with you apparently not having any troubles with my play yesterday since you didn't bring me up when you were mentioning who the possible scum could be. Yet you still made that post where you seem to imply that you totally found my play scummy yesterday, its inconsistent.
please

i DID have trouble with your play yesterday. at one point i even questioned you and said something along the lines of "fanny youre hanging back on the lynch and i dont like how all your focus is just on the incaps" during the dayphase. of course your approach is going to get magnified and have your slot shoot up my list when we get 2 townflips and you didnt fight for your incap as much as id expect. i think its possible that scum who ISNT on razs team mayve gotten quiet yesterday during the incaps bleeding out so they could just push raz again this dayphase. its a free kill. its a theory and you fit it pretty well. you asserting this inconsistency of mine with regards to your slot is pretty surface level and just looks like a whack reason to lay down the foundations of disliking my slot. im sure youll tell gova youd have me over gorf

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
please

i DID have trouble with your play yesterday. at one point i even questioned you and said something along the lines of "fanny youre hanging back on the lynch and i dont like how all your focus is just on the incaps" during the dayphase. of course your approach is going to get magnified and have your slot shoot up my list when we get 2 townflips and you didnt fight for your incap as much as id expect. i think its possible that scum who ISNT on razs team mayve gotten quiet yesterday during the incaps bleeding out so they could just push raz again this dayphase. its a free kill. its a theory and you fit it pretty well. you asserting this inconsistency of mine with regards to your slot is pretty surface level and just looks like a whack reason to lay down the foundations of disliking my slot. im sure youll tell gova youd have me over gorf
So, you're of the opinion that Raz is scum?

Fandangox

Smash Lord
oh come on.

It doesn't matter if he had an opinion on Raz vs Kantrip. That's a separate issue. That fact is, he was noncommittal about his lynch vote if you can't make a lynch decision in a week-long Day Phase, that's a huge red flag. Being active yet noncommittal is how I knew to shoot Indie TBG in Earthbound Mafia. It's a really good tell.
I didn't just had opinions on Raz=Kantrip. I thought Raz was the most likely to be Dabuz' partner after I re-readed the first day.

I pushed that cause I I thought Raz's flip would have been a lot more beneficial.

At that point in the game, Garg and Gorf were town reads. Gova was a town lean, cause the way he led Town out of the ****storm Potassium caused and pinned Dabuz on his lie. That doesn't clear him as town, cause he could still be DC scum, but that move and how he was playing Day 2 made me worry less about the slot.

I didn't like Soup and BLS didn't do much for me since he spent most of day 1 bickering with MiR. After Ryker took over I felt better about the slot, even though he had yet to explain why he thinks Gorf is scum.

I didn't have aread on Hollownote at all, and you were just replacing him that phase. I thought what garg said about your slot made sense, but as I said you barely just replaced, so I needed to still yet formulate an opinion on your slot.

Marshy/J's entrance to Day 2 was bad, and I didn't like it, I mentioned that before. However, I didn't find any issues with MiR's play and they replaced in, so I wasn't completely sure on the slot either.

Potassium was a town read day 1 up until his play near the end of the phase and most of day 2, however he waas already incapped, and I thought it was logical that he couldn't be Dabuz's partner, so for me Raz's flip was a lot more important.

Scary I am only weary about because he seems to pop in and out every now and then (busy with the tournaments probably) I He is the only slot right now I have as null, aside from yours, but unlike you he has been playing since day 1. So having a null read on a player that has been playing this long its kind of worrying for me, I tried to re-read his early phase, but I haven't found much to convince me on my read.

Handorin was terrible Day 1, and it was obvious he didn't ant to cooperate. However I wanted to still hear from him before voting him, because even thought it was obvious he was everyone's default lynch, I still wanted to see if we could get anything from him before he got lynched because as the way it was, his flip wouldn't have gotten us much information.

Thus that leads to Raz, after re-reading I thought he was most likely to be Dabuz's partner given how he played Day 1 and I made a case on it. His slot was the one I was most sure on being scum, which is why I pushed that yesterDay.

Fandangox

Smash Lord
no; there's no wait and see; you need to take a stance on him now

i.e of gorf and marshy who do you think is more likely to flip scum and why
I am town-reading Gorf. Marshy is more likely to flip scum on my eyes. His "I don't care I didn't make a case on it" post is horrible and I am baffled that if he is town, he would think like that. Repeating myself, but I don't like how he has yet to explain how Gorf (which he said he would do now) andhis reasoning for Raz being obvtown is weak.

Fandangox

Smash Lord
please

Of course I'd rather have you over Gorf. I have said MULTIPLE times that I am town reading Gorf. That I didn't like your Day 2 and don't like the inconsistency of your read on me. Also how did I not fight for my incap hard enough? Even Raz himself said that I as basically the only one who actaully substantiated the dislike for him.

Also I brought that post you mention there on the previous page, unless you are talking about a different post, because I don't remember nor didn't find anything like this "fanny youre hanging back on the lynch and i dont like how all your focus is just on the incaps"

Fandangox

Smash Lord
how does this lend itself to a townread? where are you making the distinction between townie gorf and scumgorf scumhunting?

you have gorf as town and raz as scum. where does the rest of the cast stand?

any thoughts on fanny vs vult?
You can see hat I think of the rest on that post I made above. Scumunting doesn't exactly clear anyone in this game sure, but I haven't found anything major about the slot I disliked except that post in Day 1 where he suggests to wait for a counter claim.

Fandangox

Smash Lord
Literally the only play? He could have tried to make READS on people and having town discuss the phase before prematurely ending it.

Are you seriously calling me out on an obvious joke post.

Like dude, I said in the above post I would come later to elaborate. All this is showing that you are not even bothering to read the game and just pick a name from a piece of paper and go "this is gonna be my lynch's target today"

@ Gova Gova
@ScaryLB59

I want you guys to actually tell me how Gorf is scum. I want you to explain and try to convince. Also Ryker I want your thoughs on Raziek's case on Hollownote being Dabuz's partner.
requoting from page 59. @ Gova Gova @Scary @ #HBC | Ryker #HBC | Ryker

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
To be completely honest with you, I don't care enough to honor that request. You have my basis for a Gorf scum read, but without further information, I don't care about convincing you yet.

I don't care enough to look at the Hollownote case because I think even Hollownote would've lynched Hollownote.

Fandangox

Smash Lord
To be completely honest with you, I don't care enough to honor that request. You have my basis for a Gorf scum read, but without further information, I don't care about convincing you yet.

I don't care enough to look at the Hollownote case because I think even Hollownote would've lynched Hollownote.
I meant what Raz thought on Hollownote being being Dabuz partner. This question is not to see what you think of him, but to see what you think of Raz. Also what do you mean by further information?

I didn't just had opinions on Raz=Kantrip. I thought Raz was the most likely to be Dabuz' partner after I re-readed the first day.

I pushed that cause I I thought Raz's flip would have been a lot more beneficial.

At that point in the game, Garg and Gorf were town reads. Gova was a town lean, cause the way he led Town out of the ****storm Potassium caused and pinned Dabuz on his lie. That doesn't clear him as town, cause he could still be DC scum, but that move and how he was playing Day 2 made me worry less about the slot.

I didn't like Soup and BLS didn't do much for me since he spent most of day 1 bickering with MiR. After Ryker took over I felt better about the slot, even though he had yet to explain why he thinks Gorf is scum.

I didn't have aread on Hollownote at all, and you were just replacing him that phase. I thought what garg said about your slot made sense, but as I said you barely just replaced, so I needed to still yet formulate an opinion on your slot.

Marshy/J's entrance to Day 2 was bad, and I didn't like it, I mentioned that before. However, I didn't find any issues with MiR's play and they replaced in, so I wasn't completely sure on the slot either.

Potassium was a town read day 1 up until his play near the end of the phase and most of day 2, however he waas already incapped, and I thought it was logical that he couldn't be Dabuz's partner, so for me Raz's flip was a lot more important.

Scary I am only weary about because he seems to pop in and out every now and then (busy with the tournaments probably) I He is the only slot right now I have as null, aside from yours, but unlike you he has been playing since day 1. So having a null read on a player that has been playing this long its kind of worrying for me, I tried to re-read his early phase, but I haven't found much to convince me on my read.

Handorin was terrible Day 1, and it was obvious he didn't ant to cooperate. However I wanted to still hear from him before voting him, because even thought it was obvious he was everyone's default lynch, I still wanted to see if we could get anything from him before he got lynched because as the way it was, his flip wouldn't have gotten us much information.

Thus that leads to Raz, after re-reading I thought he was most likely to be Dabuz's partner given how he played Day 1 and I made a case on it. His slot was the one I was most sure on being scum, which is why I pushed that yesterDay.
seriously the easiest reads one could probably make at this point in the game

what alignment is vult fanny?

Fandangox

Smash Lord
I've only been sitting here asking for people's thoughts on a cop claim for the entire phase.
Well hat do you think of the thoughts on the people that have answered you so far? And how does waiting for people's thoughts on the claim fits with you not wanting to explain why gorf is scum?

Fandangox

Smash Lord
People have answered me so far? I thought it was just Marshy.
I agree with your sentiment that this day is far too important. I think at this point if the Cop compared the right combination of players he should have one scum already at least. I also agree that if we mislynch and the cop gets capped, 3vs3 its very risky.

However the actual cop hasn't claimed yet. I don't know if it is because he is still making up his mind about the claim being a good idea, or because his results haven't helped him pinpoint scum yet, or for whatever reason. Ultimately I think I'd agree with the cop claiming.
It's not like I wanted you to notice me or anything you baka.

Top Bottom